Silverwastes. 80g a day you say? Uhhh...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

So this is the reason why the events always fail and people jump from map to map…. well, you all obviously just exploit the reward system, don’t care about the event objectives, get your dirty money and go to another map. bleh…enjoy i guess

Which has a bit of irony to it, since the value has gone down since mat prices have tanked because of it.

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

I am sure you can get 100g per day, but that would take ~8 hours in map swapping to take benefict of Final cache rewards for breach + Vw + Maze + Chest runs.

inb4 : LFG > SW80%

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

One thing is sure SW is fastest way make gold in this game. If you get bored SW you can go make gold eotm, cursed shore, dungeons and many other way.

Nope. Maybe during the first months when the stuff we dropped in silverwaste were selling for a lot more, but now? I do a lot more gold per hours in dungeon with my team or key farming.

SW is the easiest way to get the most gold. If you don’t know the market well or can’t do speed run other than with pugs, then it’s probably your best shot.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

It’s one of those great lies, like making loads of gold off the TP by just flipping anything. It’s super easy!

Flipping can actually be quite lucrative, but you need to really know what you’re doing to see a profit.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It’s one of those great lies, like making loads of gold off the TP by just flipping anything. It’s super easy!

Flipping can actually be quite lucrative, but you need to really know what you’re doing to see a profit.

Agreed but the narrative from those who dislike the practice is that it’s easy and requires no skill.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

So I recently looted 1000 bandit chests (over a few days) and I got approximately 120 gold from just opening the “embroidered coin purse”. I pretty much threw all green and yellow items into the mystic toilet and came out with 13 exotics (highest value was 4 gold).

If you do a chest run, you’re looking at 10-15 gold per 100 chests. That’s my guess

Thats why you cant make gold.

Salvage, convert, reprocess, play TP with it all. Instead you just threw it away, thats literally a few hundred gold you just tossed into the literal toilet.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Tongku.5326

I am sure you can get 100g per day, but that would take ~8 hours in map swapping to take benefict of Final cache rewards for breach + Vw + Maze + Chest runs.

You will hit massive DR long before 8 hours, not just what you get but the chest / bag loot as well. Do not go more then 2-3 hours or so, except maybe on the days when you do your processing.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Tongku.5326

You will hit massive DR long before 8 hours, not just what you get but the chest / bag loot as well. Do not go more then 2-3 hours or so, except maybe on the days when you do your processing.

You should also limit the amount of bags / chests you open per day to minimize DR.

You can easily find your average timeperiod for when DR hits, just by observing your loot, when your greens start turning to blues/whites and your dropped yellows into greens (not counting guaranteed yellows from yellow chests), thats your boundary. Note when that happens to you average, it takes around 2 weeks to get a good result of the observation. But basically stop farming at that time as it becomes grossly inefficient.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

(edited by Tongku.5326)

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

… Then you sell everything that’s worth more than the mats (on the TP, never to a merchant), salvage everything else (with an appropriate kit based on the item) and sell the materials too. Basically at the end of it you have nothing extra on your account except the gold and maybe some luck.

If you don’t mind making slightly less profit you can do the easier route of selling everything on the TP that is going for more than the merchant price and salvaging everything else.

Another speed tip I have encountered actually DOES use the merchant. Some things, like minor sigils/runes often are effectively not worth listing on the TP except for a few of them. You can list them, but between the time you spent and the listing fee you just ate up any profit, especially since there are probably hundreds at the minimum listing price already sitting there. I just automatically dump them on my ‘sell to merchant’ pile. A few blues and greens (unless you salvage them) are the same way: better a guaranteed silver than nothing at all.

When I get done with a SW run I typically have around10 bouncing chests. I park myself near the merchant and just start unpacking and automatically salvaging. If I need more salvage kits they are only a step away (buy 2 or 3 at a time if you have the room). Use a mystic or a master on yellows. Do not worry about skins, salvaging automatically gets them.

If you happen to get an exotic they get special handling of course. How much is it worth on the TP? Do I need the skin? Can one of my characters use this? Never ever salvage them unless you are crafting a legendary any time soon.

Generally the SW are a good way to get mats. Just run from event to event, opening any chests you find on the way. Extra credit for the VW event. When you need gold just sell off a pile (or a good chunk of a pile) on the TP.

Tongku.5326

… Then you sell everything that’s worth more than the mats (on the TP, never to a merchant), salvage everything else (with an appropriate kit based on the item) and sell the materials too. Basically at the end of it you have nothing extra on your account except the gold and maybe some luck.

If you don’t mind making slightly less profit you can do the easier route of selling everything on the TP that is going for more than the merchant price and salvaging everything else.

Another speed tip I have encountered actually DOES use the merchant. Some things, like minor sigils/runes often are effectively not worth listing on the TP except for a few of them. You can list them, but between the time you spent and the listing fee you just ate up any profit, especially since there are probably hundreds at the minimum listing price already sitting there. I just automatically dump them on my ‘sell to merchant’ pile. A few blues and greens (unless you salvage them) are the same way: better a guaranteed silver than nothing at all.

When I get done with a SW run I typically have around10 bouncing chests. I park myself near the merchant and just start unpacking and automatically salvaging. If I need more salvage kits they are only a step away (buy 2 or 3 at a time if you have the room). Use a mystic or a master on yellows. Do not worry about skins, salvaging automatically gets them.

If you happen to get an exotic they get special handling of course. How much is it worth on the TP? Do I need the skin? Can one of my characters use this? Never ever salvage them unless you are crafting a legendary any time soon.

Generally the SW are a good way to get mats. Just run from event to event, opening any chests you find on the way. Extra credit for the VW event. When you need gold just sell off a pile (or a good chunk of a pile) on the TP.

Never sell those the minor and major sigils / runes. Chuck them into mystic toilet. These are actually the only items you should chuck into mystic toilet from farming in SW. Anything else is a loss, these come ahead.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Menadena.7482

Even 10 gold an hour works out at slave labour..

Oh my gods. This. So much this.

Exactly, while I can believe you COULD do 80g a day in the SW if that was your sole goal it is easier (and more efficient) to just buy the gems. It puts costs in a much better perspective when you start thinking of gold in terms of the RW currency of your country (around a dime a gold w market fluctuations in the US).

In general I salvage everything (except for exotics) then sell stacks of mats when I need a lot of gold fast. Other times it will make more sense to sell items directly though. The SW provides me with most of my loot but do not forget things like bosses, especially ones that drop good stuff: have a timer up so you can take a break to get them then return to the SW after. If you look at all of the game, not just the SW, you can get some serious loot depending on what you do, ever do a champ train all over the map waiting for Teq with 20-30 people?

My main advice is not to sweat earning the most you can in the SW. Just enjoy it there (or any other area in Tyria). Sure, earn what you can, but make fun your goal and any gold you get is a bonus.

Behellagh.1468

$10 in gems exchanged is roughly 110 gold at the moment. At 10 gold/hour would then be a wage of $0.91 an hour.

You have to ask yourself, is farming so much fun that it’s worth saving that paltry amount every hour of every day?

RIP City of Heroes

MauricioCezar.2673

Except that SW final cache has not DR. (Breach = 1key+3bag of rare gear+5 champ bags), Chest farm also have not DR (chest farm is mostly about champ bags, wich have no DR upon receiving then), VW can’t be hit by DR AFAIK, but still, who cares about the green/blues it drops? The real reward here are the extra key and champions bags.

Posted by: MadOtaku.8532

MadOtaku.8532

80g pfft u dont know the ways of gold farming, SW = 150g in 1 day, 1 day = 12hrs of play, method = Look at LFG find a SW map that is High % do the Vinewrath, then repeat this for 12hrs, Breach gives lots of loot bags so does VW save em up (u wanna be doing 15-20 VWs a day) sell everything u get from all loots and bam ur rich. (and yea this is base drops not counting if u getting anything good)

Why is this good because normally if many people know about a gold farm the farm usually gets worse but in this case the more people the easier it is to find maps quicker = more gold.

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

to the OP: anything you farm in this game to get gold is just wasted time.

Play how you want, dont worry about stupid pixel rewards.

I am this close to getting the gold needed to buy the precursor (like, 100g away) but i am just too bored by farming to spend a single more minute doing it. I now do some pvp and will eventually learn to Arah, and that’s all i care about right now.

Posted by: Millssta.9064

Millssta.9064

35g today for say, 3 hours work. Could have made more but left CF early. I sold all rares except bandit ofc salvaged all green and blue. Didnt receive any excos today and kept all t6 for fortune gifts

I Don’t Main, 100% Alt

MauricioCezar.2673

to the OP: anything you farm in this game to get gold is just wasted time.

Play how you want, dont worry about stupid pixel rewards.

I am this close to getting the gold needed to buy the precursor (like, 100g away) but i am just too bored by farming to spend a single more minute doing it. I now do some pvp and will eventually learn to Arah, and that’s all i care about right now.

Cheers up for this.

I really only play what I find fun atm, and this means fractals and pvp. Admitedly, i still do boring tasks such SW farm or Giant farm while i am too lazy to do anything else.

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I like running temples and champs in Cursed Shores. 2-3 hours from reset usually nets 20 chests, rares, and bags.

Temple Zerg – The original NSP farming cult.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Always odd when someone suggest that people should get irl job (or more hours) to earn money so they don’t have to use their free time to play the game they like to play.

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Gaming today:

“Hey! Don’t play the game, just throw money at the screen, so it looks like you played the game!” Fun times.

There should be a game where there is only a black screen, with just numbers and player names on it. The numbers increase whenever someone pays irl money for the game (you can do that anytime). The highest number wins.

Edit: Or wait. There is not even a “win” condition needed. The numbers are enough.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Always odd when someone suggest that people should get irl job (or more hours) to earn money so they don’t have to use their free time to play the game they like to play.

No look at all these persons that watch TV .. they don’t even earn that much as
we do when we farm gold .. these folks also should just go to work instead watching
TV.

And don’t let us start talking about sleeping

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Varrg.2704

Varrg.2704

If you have to work 8 hours to make 80 gold in a game, you may as well move to China and join the gold farmers…

Even at UK minimum wage, you could earn £60 in that time and buy around 6000 gems, convert those to gold..or just work a couple hours then go play something you enjoy rather than grinding out some pixels.

your mindset is whats killing video game industry. People like you are encouraging devs to lock more stuff behind gem shops and DLCs.

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

If you have to work 8 hours to make 80 gold in a game, you may as well move to China and join the gold farmers…

Even at UK minimum wage, you could earn £60 in that time and buy around 6000 gems, convert those to gold..or just work a couple hours then go play something you enjoy rather than grinding out some pixels.

your mindset is whats killing video game industry. People like you are encouraging devs to lock more stuff behind gem shops and DLCs.

I think that is a little unfair.

Just because he (or she) is accurately pointing out that you might as well do even a minimum wage job, in a Western country, than slave all day doing something you dislike in a game (for less money), it doesn’t mean he necessarily likes the way non-sub games are designed.

It’s just a fact, unfortunately.

What he is leaving out, however, is that we all probably still have limits on what we think we should be paying a games company, for a game, over a certain period of time.

So, while we maybe could, in theory, work a bit more and then pour almost endless money into a game we don’t have time to play very much, most of us still probably wouldn’t.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Menadena.7482

To try and bring this back to the original question. While people may be able to do 80g in 8 (or more) hours they are probably being VERY lucky and/or extrapolating from a good run. Plus, as was pointed out, after a certain period of time your returns diminish. Which means you could not do 8 hours in a row anyhow. Lets say you could. While I can buy an 8 hour game session (pretty easy on a weekend) to get the claimed result you would need to be doing mindless grinding the entire time, constantly on chest/event trains (except if you need to buy more keys), and generally not having fun. I prefer to play a few hours on each character than switch as I think of each with a different personality and different parts of the world/events that they like. For example, my guardian would be bored out of her mind if she had to go to teq but my ele and mesmer LOVE it. It is not just the class either, I could roll another one of those two classes and they might also not be interested in teq with the same exact build. While sometimes what they are interested in fits their race other times it does not, for example, my Asura is the one that LOVES the Shiverpeaks the most, even more than my Norn (who is the one who has the most fun in Orr). As I said, each has a different personality so I can always use a different one to change things up a bit. Basically, do what you think is fun rather than what will net the most gold. If grinding for 8 hours is your thing, ok, it is not mine though. It probably does net the biggest raw profit if you salvage everything but Cursed Shore is a respectable second with more variety.

Bored of low level zones? Taking someone to Orr will wake you up fast because it will keep you on your toes. As a bonus you will get some nice mats though, including T6s. If Orr is not your thing head to a map you have not been to lately and you will probably find something new or something you had forgotten.

To answer recent posts that mindset actually helps the videogame industry. Not only are you doing what was intended, having fun, but you are putting money into the economy and thus the company’s hands. As to getting another job … how much gold do you need anyhow? I would hope someone who has the luxury to buy/play a game would have a few spare dollars and their time in game/at work would be worth more than a dollar an hour or you REALLY need to reexamine your priorities. Games are for having fun, not mindlessly grinding, so just buying your gold means you have more time for fun.

(edited by Menadena.7482)

Behellagh.1468

And how does buying gold via the exchange in GW2 relate to gem shop items in GW2? What’s been unfairly “locked up” behind a pay wall in this game?

RIP City of Heroes