Since lots of people seem to be leaving...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mostly Harmless.7046

Mostly Harmless.7046

Can I, maybe… Have your stuff? :x

Ive been playing for around 5 months and think this game is amazing and will wait out the storm.

So many projects and so little gold tho… (Saving for ls2 ATM!) So if you’re quiting maybe donate some materials or a few silvers or something.

Or maybe don’t leave :c I like having people to play with.

Posted by: Jushiohara.9140

Jushiohara.9140

I will take my legends, ascendeds and gold to my grave.

The Sylvari Ranger

Mostly Harmless.7046

Haha, I can respect that. But you should stay Good luck in your future endeavors.

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

drop party time

Posted by: Jushiohara.9140

Jushiohara.9140

Haha, I can respect that. But you should stay Good luck in your future endeavors.

I have nothing to stay for. I’ve reached my peak in pvp/wvw performance. Just above average enough to stomp most people but not noteworthy enough to gain anything from it. WvW in general is kind of a joke and the community I used to love has fractured and become toxic/salty. I’ve got my ascended gear for the two characters I care about. I’ve made the [NOW] only legendaries I’ll ever make. With no new greatsword to work for and the sour taste of broken promises for content I paid good money for I have no desire to log in anymore. Maybe in a couple years I’ll have a reason to check it out again, but for now logging in just makes me angry.

The Sylvari Ranger

Mostly Harmless.7046

drop party time

Nooo I’m at work at the moment ;_;

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

drop party time

it was sarcasm lol. Dropped stuff goes bye bye

Mostly Harmless.7046

I have nothing to stay for. I’ve reached my peak in pvp/wvw performance. Just above average enough to stomp most people but not noteworthy enough to gain anything from it. WvW in general is kind of a joke and the community I used to love has fractured and become toxic/salty. I’ve got my ascended gear for the two characters I care about. I’ve made the [NOW] only legendaries I’ll ever make. With no new greatsword to work for and the sour taste of broken promises for content I paid good money for I have no desire to log in anymore. Maybe in a couple years I’ll have a reason to check it out again, but for now logging in just makes me angry.

I understand. I’m not even close to having a legendary but it’s a sad thing that people feel they can’t trust anet anymore… (With good reason). Take a break, play other things, and maybe you’ll want to come back if things get better.

Mostly Harmless.7046

drop party time

it was sarcasm lol. Dropped stuff goes bye bye

slaps forehead I need my coffee, don’t mind me.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Yes, and then a thousand years from now when archeologists discover and open your grave… rainbow unicorns leap out revealing a vast assortment of different colored wings.

Unless of course you are a Sylvari. In that case you are a crooked park tree being kittened on by at least a dozen dogs every day.

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

I’m going to park all of my characters at the Ebonhawke cemetery, then I am going to load up GW1 and cry as I remember all of the good times.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

If i send you all my gold you will mostly get banned for buying gold … so … nahh .. better not

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Mostly Harmless.7046

If i send you all my gold you will mostly get banned for buying gold … so … nahh .. better not

Oh, how thoughtful of you!

:(

Mostly Harmless.7046

I’m going to park all of my characters at the Ebonhawke cemetery, then I am going to load up GW1 and cry as I remember all of the good times.

I never played gw1 so I dunno what I missed. But that sounds sad. At least your guys will be there in case you come back. :c

Posted by: dAcIaW.5107

dAcIaW.5107

drop party time

in front of the falador east bank?

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

MH, I love this post. Thanx for it; it gave me a good chuckle.

You’ll still have me in game, too. I play for what’s currently there, and not for what’s promised/promoted for the future. And, I still have a lot currently in game I enjoy doing.

So, in short, you can’t have my stuff. But, I won’t be your competition for other people’s stuff either.

~EW

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

I left a while back, I put my stuff in a box and hid it, because you never know Tyria may need me again.

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Well I wont be quitting entirely anytime soon… I think.
But I have gone way more casual than I used to, taking longer breaks from the game and only do a little bit of stuff now and then, when the mood is there for it. I will be back for any new episodes of LS, play through those and hopefully enjoy that. I will probably still buy the next expansion, when it comes… not sure if I will pre-purchase though… depends how things work out in the time to come.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Dinks.2478

I log in for like 30 seconds a day at this point. No new legendaries? No point in playing with nothing to work towards.

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I log in for like 30 seconds a day at this point. No new legendaries? No point in playing with nothing to work towards.

You should never feel any shame, guilt, or resentment with moving on to other games if GW2 doesn’t provide you entertainment anymore (not saying that you specifically are feeling those things). Check back in later when it might entertain you again.

This is the nature of games and gaming; there’s absolutely no reason to ever think anyone need be loyal to one single game for the rest of their life.

Move on, and good travels to you.

Don’t forget to leave your stuff with MH.

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Dinks.2478

And, there’s no shame or issue with moving on to other games if GW2 doesn’t provide you entertainment anymore. Check back in later when it might.

This is the nature of games and gaming; there’s absolutely no reason to ever think anyone need be loyal to one game for the rest of their lives.

Move on, and good travels to you.

Don’t forget to leave your stuff with HM.

~EW

Except I paid for those new legendaries. Here-in lies the dilemma.

EphemeralWallaby.7643

There’s no dilemma; you’re mixing two issues:
1) Nothing for you to currently do in game.
2) You feel slighted by ANet because of the “suspension” of legendaries. You want compensation (financial or possibly otherwise).

Neither is a reason to keep playing. The latter is the reason just to keep up on what the community and ANet discuss in the forums. If compensation for the latter occurs, that might be reason to play again in the future. Imo it’s better to play games for your current enjoyment, not potential future enjoyment.

~EW

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

2) You feel slighted by ANet because of the “suspension” of legendaries. You want compensation (financial or possibly otherwise).

Neither is a reason to keep playing. The latter is the reason just to keep up on what the community and ANet discuss in the forums. If compensation for the latter occurs, that might be reason to play again in the future. Imo it’s better to play games for your current enjoyment, not potential future enjoyment.

~EW

God it’s so refreshing to meet someone else around here who gets it. What do people expect for being “loyal” to a game? That’s just nonsense. Don’t make yourself do something you no longer enjoy just because you paid what is, frankly, a tiny amount relative to what you’ve already gotten from it.

And it’s not like you have to quit forever. Come back as often as you like, do as much as you like, then stop. If you’ve reached all your goals in the game, take a break, and come back when there’s new stuff to do. It’s really not complicated.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Mostly Harmless.7046

It really bums me out, so many people disappointed
I’m glad at least I got a chuckle out of you Ephemeral Wallaby

Posted by: Dantert.1803

Dantert.1803

I’m in too playing and enjoying the game for what it is right now, not perfect but still loving it.
I’m not worried about this fire about the missed promises and so on…seen that in other games that still run good if not better than before.
But contrary to EW I will be in your way for having free stuff!
Can I have your stuff guys?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

If you were thinking of leaving and giving out your stuff to someone you know, you should remember this….

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

This. I don’t have to give away my stuff. There’s no sub, so my characters can sit there in their ascended finery until the Second Coming. I can come back and play any time I choose and will have essentially missed absolutely nothing.

Especially right now.

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

That’s the nice thing about GW1 and GW2 though, you can take breaks, without fear of missing out on everything or being left in the dust when you come back, maybe a few hours to figure out what, if anything, has changed since you’ve been gone:)

Though you might want to at least log in to unlock living stories for future play.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

These are the same people who were leaving when Ascended tier were announced in November 2012 and every other time there was something to ticked them off.

And who knows, maybe they did leave in 2012 but the nature of a B2P MMO is they have forum access forever so they could simply come back here to make more noise.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: cosmicegg.8502

cosmicegg.8502

That’s the nice thing about GW1 and GW2 though, you can take breaks, without fear of missing out on everything or being left in the dust when you come back, maybe a few hours to figure out what, if anything, has changed since you’ve been gone:)

Though you might want to at least log in to unlock living stories for future play.

Guild wars 1 is ghost town. Eventually people just stop caring and never look back.
I’ve never seen an MMO lose its community as fast as this one is.

Lea Moonbow
Blackgate

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

MAKE IT RAIN! xD

I’ll take a slice of the leavers, please.

NSPride <3

Posted by: enlightened.5396

enlightened.5396

Dunno if it means anything but numbers at our Guild Missions are certainly dwindling.

IGN – San Jacinto
Vanishing Legacy (VALE)

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

drop party time

That is so 2007 bro. ^^ #runescapedropparties

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Razor.9872

These are the same people who were leaving when Ascended tier were announced in November 2012 and every other time there was something to ticked them off.

And who knows, maybe they did leave in 2012 but the nature of a B2P MMO is they have forum access forever so they could simply come back here to make more noise.

Exactly.
I have no worries right now. Sure, there are a lot of issues (there always are) but I live by:

and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB5ceAruYrI

Just go with the flow, dude. Ride the wind.

NSPride <3

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Razor, I like the cut of your jib.

~EW

Edit: and you, too, Behellagh.

Posted by: Dark Marrek.3180

Dark Marrek.3180

Wonder if this is part of the “real” reason Colin Johanson left ???

Razor.9872

Wonder if this is part of the “real” reason Colin Johanson left ???

Improbable. But even if it was, so it goes.

NSPride <3

Posted by: Mishoo.5918

Mishoo.5918

Not everyone leaves. I won’t leave the game. I will indefinitely suspend my activity. Economic activity, since I cannot find any use for gold and materials hoarded. I’ll stay around till the end, to kill the lights and collect fanboi tears.

Posted by: Naix.8156

Naix.8156

Not everyone leaves. I won’t leave the game. I will indefinitely suspend my activity. Economic activity, since I cannot find any use for gold and materials hoarded. I’ll stay around till the end, to kill the lights and collect fanboi tears.

How many legendary weapons you got now skipper?

Also, just so we are clear, you are cool with the rate of ~1 month+ per legendary and were okay waiting 16 or so months after HoT to get your legendary? But the announcement to postpone rolling out further legendaries is just too much for you?

Posted by: Mishoo.5918

Mishoo.5918

10+1 legendary weapons. 13 complete ascended armor sets, 40+ ascended weapons.
A small guild without guild hall to invest in, legendary armor locked behind raids.
Nothing left to do, except to buy buckets.

Posted by: Naix.8156

Naix.8156

A small guild without guild hall to invest in, legendary armor locked behind raids.

Good stuff. Credit card? Unemployment levels of free time? Both?

And the second part… ?

Also, just so we are clear, you are cool with the rate of ~1 month+ per legendary and were okay waiting 16 or so months after HoT to get your legendary? But the announcement to postpone rolling out further legendaries is just too much for you?

(edited by Naix.8156)

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

~EW

God it’s so refreshing to meet someone else around here who gets it. What do people expect for being “loyal” to a game? That’s just nonsense. Don’t make yourself do something you no longer enjoy just because you paid what is, frankly, a tiny amount relative to what you’ve already gotten from it.

And it’s not like you have to quit forever. Come back as often as you like, do as much as you like, then stop. If you’ve reached all your goals in the game, take a break, and come back when there’s new stuff to do. It’s really not complicated.

Maybe Dinks hasn’t gotten their money’s worth out of HoT yet and wants to get that worth out of the game and feels bad abandoning a game or taking a break from it when they haven’t gotten their money’s worth out of it.

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

You can’t have my stuff, OP, because I am here for the long haul.

Thanks for the laugh. We need more of it after all the chicken-little-sky-is-falling posts lately.

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Maybe Dinks hasn’t gotten their money’s worth out of HoT yet and wants to get that worth out of the game and feels bad abandoning a game or taking a break from it when they haven’t gotten their money’s worth out of it.

As I said earlier, there’s absolutely no reason to feel bad about “abandoning a game or taking a break from it.” If he’s got nothing to do, then his money has currently bought him all he’s going to get. I’m sorry that it’s not as much as he hoped or expected (or was advertised). But, the account remains and he might find coming back later he’ll find new stuff he enjoys doing.

In the interim before that content arrives, it’s better to go do stuff that brings you joy and entertainment… as opposed to milling around waiting for that entertainment.

~EW

Edit: and I don’t say this just ‘cause I’ll be charging MH commission for all the stuff that gets left for him.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Edit: and I don’t say this just ‘cause I’ll be charging MH commission for all the stuff that gets left for him.

Oh, I see how it is…

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Well, I’m not leaving. Therefore, nobody gets my stuff.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I see this written a lot, but I’ve never actually seen proof. I’ve been in this game since launch, and I’ve seen a whole lot of people leave. From guilds, to friends/ignore lists, to names on the forum I see suddenly vanish. It isn’t unreasonable to think that when someone leaves a game because of “insert company decision here”, that they really are gone for good.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Good stuff. Credit card? Unemployment levels of free time? Both?

And the second part… ?

I have 8 and I’m not sad to see that it’ll take longer for more to come out…of course I’m not thinking they’re suspended forever and if they are, that I’d like to know.

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

Guild wars 1 is ghost town. Eventually people just stop caring and never look back.

I’ve seen plenty of MMOs die faster than GW2. Wildstar, ESO, Archeage…the list goes on.

The only MMO where I’ve burned all my bridges and would never, ever go back to is Archeage. For all the others, who knows. Maybe I’ll go back just to see what it’s like or because they released an expansion that caters to me (SWTOR), maybe they wont.

(edited by Ubik.8315)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’ve seen plenty of MMOs die faster than GW2. Wildstar, ESO, Archeage…the list goes on.

I don’t think those games are dead, but they’re definitely not as popular as Guild Wars 2 is, even now, I believe.