Size of Update?

Size of Update?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

Hallo all! Does anyone know if there’s a place that lists the size of updates… or today’s update specifically? I always have problems connecting to GW2’s update servers (yes, I’ve tried all that I’ve found listed), so I’m just looking to see how much longer I should expect before the download completes. Thank you! :-)

Ps. I’m currently on the LAST file before the game is playable… and it alone is already 120+MB and climbing, but I have no reference to judge the remaining size. It’s taken about 3 hours to download just that. Odd… in-game, my connection is usually quite decent… but not for updates.

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

Size of Update?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

For me, it was less than 10,000KB. For others, its seems it was 72 files; I don’t remember how many MB.

I doubt it was 120MB+. Perhaps, you’ve encountered the ‘re-downloading the entire game’ bug.

Good luck.

Edit: Ok, one player with 72 files said about 72 MB, another player with 72 files said 140-150 MB. So…there you go! Seems odd players have such a discrepancy between the data amount.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Size of Update?

Kageseigi.2150

Thanks. 72 files sounds about right.

I sure hope that bug hasn’t bit me, haha!

I have 10 files in total left. 1 before the game is playable.
The last 17 plus the current one have totaled 146MB so far.

Size of Update?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

And yet, I had zero files, and it took me about 10-15 seconds to finish the download(s). The game says I have the current build, so….lol, hope I am not missing anything.

Size of Update?

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I had two 10MB downloads pre-launcher.
In-launcher I had 74 files at an end size of 68MB.
So about 88MB total for me.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Size of Update?

Kageseigi.2150

Thanks, all!
My download ended up getting disconnected. It said it lost connection to the server.
So when I started it again, it flew through in 5 seconds.
I’m so confused! :-P

Size of Update?

Posted by: Mikal Dynath.6195

Mikal Dynath.6195

I’ve now been disconnected 3 times in the last hour. Once while in the circle while capturing a tower in WVW, once exactly when the choppers arrived in VB. The last, almost immediately upon relogging.

What the heck is up? I think I can count on one hand the amount of disconnects I’ve had in the last 3 years … this was absurd.

Size of Update?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’ve now been disconnected 3 times in the last hour. Once while in the circle while capturing a tower in WVW, once exactly when the choppers arrived in VB. The last, almost immediately upon relogging.

What the heck is up? I think I can count on one hand the amount of disconnects I’ve had in the last 3 years … this was absurd.

People were reporting login problems on Reddit.
Servers dead?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Size of Update?

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

I always have problems connecting to GW2’s update servers (yes, I’ve tried all that I’ve found listed)…

Odd… in-game, my connection is usually quite decent… but not for updates.

Presumably, that is because they use a different server for updates, and that server gets throttled. The worst was when it went F2P and there was a patch competing with all the new people downloading the client.