Small Guilds feeling left out....

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: KrewGorilla.6491

KrewGorilla.6491

I loved the idea of finally having a guild hall in guild wars 2, but its sad to see that the game doesn’t necessarily accommodate for all guilds sizes. Regardless of the party size, a group of friends that play together in my belief can be considered a guild whether it be a large group or small group. I have a guild with family and close friends which doesn’t amount to much as there are only 3-4 people on at the same time if we aren’t all busy. This can be a problem as many, if not all, of the guild missions require that a party of 3 minimum be required to gain favor which is in turn used to acquire and build up the guild hall. This doesn’t help small guilds at all and prevents small guilds with close buddies from getting the most of their guild halls. There are many guilds in the game that are small and consist of close friends or family that got the game together, and guild halls are supposed to be places where these friends can hang out and chill together. Yes we are able to join multiple guilds and can access the guild halls if we are in larger guilds as well, but i find it unfair that the game punish smaller guilds for not openly recruiting or having the numbers. Guilds shouldn’t have to be large in numbers to succeed. For example if scaling was utilized more efficiently within guilds, scaling the number of mats needed to upgrade based off of the total number of members, or getting rid of the party member requirement to finish guild missions would make it so that smaller guilds don’t feel abandoned or left out.

Posted by: DaniTheHero.6318

DaniTheHero.6318

The new guild system hinders small guilds rather then helps them. Each upgrade has a minimum price of 300G to make.

The missions aren’t the issue, they required the same amount of people before HoT. But now the upgrades are impossible unless every guild memeber showers the storage with 100G each.

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Agreed, I think there should be large guild halls for large guilds, and smaller guild halls for smaller guilds.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Posted by: Fiennes.9568

Fiennes.9568

I think they’d have to do it via “small guild halls” and not scaling of mats. With the former, you’d require less mats, but have a maximum capacity (e.g. 10). If you scale the mats but keep guild hall size, ANET is opening themselves up to exploits (e.g. kick all but 10 members, build guild hall, invite ’em all back).

Different sizes with capacity restrictions is the way to go, imho.

Posted by: Dem.6021

Dem.6021

It’s fine as it is, I don’t understand this moaning and QQ, by people that want everything handed to them.

My guild is tiny, yes… we have pumped serious amounts of our gold and materials into the guild hall. Are we complaining it’s unfair? No.

We just claimed an entire city, and had no illusions as to it being cheap to restore and upgrade. It’s what it is and will simply take a small guild a little longer than a huge guild.

Or maybe not.

Although our guild is tiny, we’ve made our tavern, upgraded the mine twice, and Workshop is coming. We have repair and merchants too.
I’ve spoken to friends in bigger guilds that haven’t even upgraded their mine yet, because no one in their 300+ member guild wants to part with their gold, or mats (that they can make money off), leaving it solely to the guild leaders time and wallet.

Quality is better than quantity. Just keep at it and you’ll get where you’re going.

Coq Amok – More Than a Guild…it’s a state of mind!
Aurora Glade

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

Ask friends guilds for help best advice i can give ya

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

Posted by: KrewGorilla.6491

KrewGorilla.6491

It’s fine as it is, I don’t understand this moaning and QQ, by people that want everything handed to them.

My guild is tiny, yes… we have pumped serious amounts of our gold and materials into the guild hall. Are we complaining it’s unfair? No.

We just claimed an entire city, and had no illusions as to it being cheap to restore and upgrade. It’s what it is and will simply take a small guild a little longer than a huge guild.

Or maybe not.

Although our guild is tiny, we’ve made our tavern, upgraded the mine twice, and Workshop is coming. We have repair and merchants too.
I’ve spoken to friends in bigger guilds that haven’t even upgraded their mine yet, because no one in their 300+ member guild wants to part with their gold, or mats (that they can make money off), leaving it solely to the guild leaders time and wallet.

Quality is better than quantity. Just keep at it and you’ll get where you’re going.

Not that i was making a point or QQing about wanting things handed to me. The mats thing was a suggestion as I’ve seen it been implemented in other games. And how many is tiny? I tend to run with 1-2 ppl, mostly just duoing a lot of stuff. If we’re lucky 3-4 of us will find the time to log in at the same time. Just felt that they kind of pushed aside guilds of less than 10+ as my guild has 6 members. I agree with u on the quality is better than quantity and im glad ur small guild is doing fine, but i still dont think its fair that anet disregard smaller guilds and tell people to start inviting or join bigger guilds.

(edited by KrewGorilla.6491)

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

The new guild system hinders small guilds rather then helps them. Each upgrade has a minimum price of 300G to make.

The missions aren’t the issue, they required the same amount of people before HoT. But now the upgrades are impossible unless every guild memeber showers the storage with 100G each.

Actually Missions don’t require the same number of people – We used to solo/duo guild missions a lot before HoT. Now we need a minimum of 3 people.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I did the easy level open-world pve guild mission solo this week. The one where you track down and kill one person. So there is still some stuff you can do.

Posted by: Shukriyya.7629

Shukriyya.7629

Actually Missions don’t require the same number of people – We used to solo/duo guild missions a lot before HoT. Now we need a minimum of 3 people.

Also, in the old system it was primarily influence that was needed for upgrades, not merits. So you could upgrade your guild quite a bit without ever doing guild missions.

RoF

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

I did the easy level open-world pve guild mission solo this week. The one where you track down and kill one person. So there is still some stuff you can do.

Good to know – The easy level mission for my guild, two friends guilds and the WvW guild I’m in all required a min 3 members participating.

Posted by: Dagger.2035

Dagger.2035

I’m glad to hear that there are some PvE missions without the 3 player limit. I thought that the 3 player limit was a requirement on all Guild Missions.

I still hope that they provide more missions without the player limit. I have been thinking about multi-boxing to complete Guild Missions. It seems like it’s legal from this post: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Q-Is-multi-boxing-allowed/first#post244389.

The game would be more fun if I didn’t have to level up and control another character to increase our body count. It seems like they want to make the game more social, but they are just blocking content from people who prefer to play the game differently.

Human Thief [DOA]
Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: nEmM.3076

nEmM.3076

3-4 people is more a party of friends than a guild. Its called “Guild Missions” so of course there will be a requirement to have a number of guild members in the party. In what world is 3 members too much of a requirement?

Posted by: Dagger.2035

Dagger.2035

In my world lol. I’m sure the limit doesn’t bother most Guilds since it doesn’t affect them.

Human Thief [DOA]
Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

3-4 people isn’t a guild. And if you really wanna do it, just ask friends online to join your guild to claim it or whatever you wanna do.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

You could always team up with another small guild and take turns helping each other out with guild missions. Ultimately though if you choose to keep such a tiny guild, you really just have to accept that you’ve also chosen to take much longer to earn things in your guild hall in comparison to a 250+ mega guild.

It takes 3 people longer to build a house than it would take for an entire construction company.

DaniTheHero.6318

You could always team up with another small guild and take turns helping each other out with guild missions. Ultimately though if you choose to keep such a tiny guild, you really just have to accept that you’ve also chosen to take much longer to earn things in your guild hall in comparison to a 250+ mega guild.

It takes 3 people longer to build a house than it would take for an entire construction company.

This.

Posted by: Insiferi.4831

Insiferi.4831

Even as a small guild that IS willing to team up with another, there are issues. Our guild has no influence and no Favor. We have the manpower to claim our hall due to an alliance we made with another Guild, but we can’t earn our hall because we can’t do missions. If the Hall didn’t cost Favor, or if the Guild missions weren’t level 10 and over this week, we would already have it.

I’m reluctant to say people should be forced to work together with other small guilds, but we’re willing to adapt. If we had known PvE missions, the only missions we have experience with, would be locked at L10 we would have jumped into WvW or PvP to bother those folks long enough to get our hall.

This is in spite of us being a completely PVE guild. It’s not a good solution, but we would make it work. However, there was no mention of this, and even the devs said we could change our guild mission settings to play the mission type we prefer.

We are stuck through no fault of our own for at least another week, simply because we took it on faith that we could use PvE missions to earn our Guild Hall. What kind of solution do we have for this? I would like to know if ALL PvE missions are gated at L10, or if we just got super unlucky on our roll.

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Look if you didn’t pump major time into a small guild you will not understand the gripe. If you have unlimited time to play and a large group of friends you will not understand the gripe. You do not even have to care. But for some players this is a kittenty situation where time and effort put in over years went poof over night. You expect some people not to feel kittened off about that?

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Look if you didn’t pump major time into a small guild you will not understand the gripe. If you have unlimited time to play and a large group of friends you will not understand the gripe. You do not even have to care. But for some players this is a kittenty situation where time and effort put in over years went poof over night. You expect some people not to feel kittened off about that?

Gonna have to agree here.

People that just join the larger guilds, or have lots of friends (irl or in game) that can start with a substantial number of people just don’t understand. For those of us that have small 2,3,4,5 people guilds, it’s an uphill battle not just due to the size, but just to grow. In GW1, after a time, i gave up because I wasn’t going to keep wasting gold on invites (yeah, it cost coin to invite people in GW1) just to have them up and leave in 24 hours or less. Here in GW2, I don’t know how many people have expressed interest and were invited, only to up and leave in a day or two. And it’s not like I’m not open about the fact that my guild is small, extremely casual, and people typically only play nights and weekends. People just don’t want to go through the growing pains, all they want is the shiny that the big guilds already have.

So you’ll have to excuse some of smaller guilds if we’re a bit sour from taking it in the kitten all the time.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Fiennes.9568

I see no issue with small guilds having a guild hall if the resource-costs to upgrade are equal and not reduced. You’d have to work a bit harder, but that should be the guilds’ prerogative!

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I see no issue with small guilds having a guild hall if the resource-costs to upgrade are equal and not reduced. You’d have to work a bit harder, but that should be the guilds’ prerogative!

And I agree. That’s pretty much what I’ve argued with people over for months now. Most smaller guilds don’t mind working for it, we do mind intentionally being disregarded though (or repeatedly told that we aren’t a guild because we don’t match some arbitrary body count).

Fiennes.9568

And I agree. That’s pretty much what I’ve argued with people over for months now. Most smaller guilds don’t mind working for it, we do mind intentionally being disregarded though (or repeatedly told that we aren’t a guild because we don’t match some arbitrary body count).

Exactly. And I can’t fathom why someone else would argue against it and say “You’re not a real guild”, because it DOESN’T AFFECT THEM. You’d pay the same costs, farm/buy the same materials, do the same guild missions. And as a small guild, you’d have to farm harder, and fight harder than the larger guilds.

Now, which one is more hardcore?

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

We are stuck through no fault of our own for at least another week, simply because we took it on faith that we could use PvE missions to earn our Guild Hall. What kind of solution do we have for this? I would like to know if ALL PvE missions are gated at L10, or if we just got super unlucky on our roll.

I started with a guild level of 6 and I was able to complete a guild mission over the weekend (WvW camp a camp for 10 minutes – super easy btw). I think we may be 7 or 8 now and we completed another guild mission last night (PvP Win 1 match, but we lost and still got credit – super easy lol but glitched?). Tonight we’re doing guild trek and may have to team up with a friendly guild (because we are also a small guild). We’re not level 10 yet but we’ve been able to do 3 (after tonight) guild missions so far.

Posted by: Goldberg.4831

Goldberg.4831

GW2 has one of the best scaling systems out there, I don’t see why it is not applied to the guild functions.

DaniTheHero.6318

Started as level 6 guild. Did all guild missions. Nearly level 9 now.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Exactly. And I can’t fathom why someone else would argue against it and say “You’re not a real guild”, because it DOESN’T AFFECT THEM. You’d pay the same costs, farm/buy the same materials, do the same guild missions. And as a small guild, you’d have to farm harder, and fight harder than the larger guilds.

Now, which one is more hardcore?

The only thing I’d actually like to maybe make some adjustments to would be the guild missions. Some of them are doable with 3. Some can’t be done unless you have at least 6. Honestly I don’t see why they can’t scale, all the other things in the game do. Obviously if they scale lower, they should give less of a favor reward, but I don’t have an issue with that. It goes hand in hand with being smaller and growing slower. But I take a bit of an issue with not being able to do some of them “at all” because we don’t have a specific body count.

Posted by: Insiferi.4831

Insiferi.4831

Try to see things from our perspective. Big guilds have always been top dogs, and always will. The sheer number of players ensures that any upgrades you get have a minimal impact on each individual player, and you are rewarded by having the most stuff for being willing to work together like that. When new content for Guild Halls comes out, you guys will have everything complete and can throw the full might of your guild into acquiring it, while many of our smaller guilds will likely still have a great deal of work to do on what’s in game now.

If a small guild just wants a place to hang out and is willing to invest a great deal of personal time and effort to advance their Halls, why do you want to stop them? Many of us have been playing since launch and have worked very hard (to personal detriment) to maintain small guilds at a reasonable level. We already know we’ll never have all the things you have, and on an individual level we already have to work much harder than you for what little we do have. We’re not asking to have everything you do, all we want is a chance to earn a place to call home for ourselves.

Posted by: Celine.6857

Celine.6857

@DEM, how many is “tiny”? I’d say the original poster’s guild is tiny! I run a moderately sized guild (60~members, though with real life coming into play only around 10-25 on at any given time) and indeed, with building just the tavern we have got difficulties because we had none of the mats needed prior to HoT for the glass mugs and kegs. Everyone pitched in wonderfully for the rest of the stuff.

One thing I will say is, on an episode of ‘Guild Chat’ Colin said that, really they don’t view a ‘guild’ to be less than 5 people. Whether you agree with that is another matter, but I think that’s where they bring in the 3 people minimum.

BUT, all the chat about balancing favor etc so that larger guilds can’t get overly ahead and gives smaller guilds chance to roll alongside more or less, is and was a wrong thing for them to say, because, as I pointed out above, we don’t have tons of people farming flax for linseed oil to make the kegs, and all the sand and stuff for the glass mugs, it is taking us a lot of time, and I feel already left behind.

That said, achieving our GH on expansion day release was triumphant and whatever and whenever we get our upgrades, we feel we have earned them and haven’t just zipped through, wham bam, everything done, we can sleep now. I feel a sense of achievement as we go through and get things done and the new missions are awesome.

But, I honestly do feel for you. I’d take the advice previously given in this thread and find another small guild to help you out… Best of luck.

Samantha
Guild: Creators of Destiny Awakening [CDA] Disabled GW2 gamer; love all aspects of GW2!
Champion: Magus, Illusionist, Phantom and Shadow

Posted by: SelenaDread.2814

SelenaDread.2814

GW2 has one of the best scaling systems out there, I don’t see why it is not applied to the guild functions.

This could be easily exploited by the community, such as advising the guild members not to represent or drop out entirely for a certain period of time. Coordinating via teamspeak, ventrillo or your guild forums to donate materials at a severely reduced cost since they instantly went from a 250+ members to 5.

The only adequate approach is to create a guild hall specifically for small guilds maybe 5 -50 (reason I state 5 is simply the fact you require 5 people to create a guild not 3-4). Sadly thou this would probably come at a great cost of development time. At the rate the forum community is, I do not see anyway Anet could get away from the backlash of them advising they will prioritize creating a new guild hall for small guilds versus other future content.

The only plausible suggestion is to create allies out of other small guilds and work together, since they do provide you with the tools necessary for this to occur. Assuming everyone has your their own “personal solo guild” (that’s an oxymoron if I ever saw one lol) for extra bank storage. You could ally and represent 3 other small guilds, effectively having 4 guilds helping one another.

This is by no means the most ideal solution as you will still trail behind other guilds, since you will coordinate working on other guild halls daily/weekly while leaving your own guild hall stagnant.

At this point in time the best motto for Anet solution to fix guild halls for small guilds is: You’re kittened if you do, you’re kittened if you don’t.

(edited by SelenaDread.2814)

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I disagree partially. The amount of material is fine. No reason for a smaller guild to need less amount of them.

But still see two major problem. First is Favor vs Influence. You used to get influence by playing the game with your guildmate, whatever that content was. You like to do dungeon, you get influence. You like PvP, you get influence. You like WvW you get influence. Now Favor only come from Guild Missions, so do guild missions or you are screw. Personally, it doesn’t affect me because I have a 500 members guild and I like guild missions. But It’s not the case for everybody. Guild Merit from guild missions and influence from everywhere was a far better system. They just had to gave us some meaningful stuff to buy with these kitten merits.

The second problem and it’s a big one is that we lost so much of our guild. No more buff, no more banners, pitiful guild missions, etc. It’s the fractal reset all over again. It’s worst for small guild that worked so hard to get all their stuff, to get a big portion taken away from them. Not counting guild that didn’t buy the expansion that now can’t regain what they lost. I’m all for not giving new stuff to people without the expansion, but no need to remove core content and putting it in the expansion.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

The only thing I’d actually like to maybe make some adjustments to would be the guild missions. Some of them are doable with 3. Some can’t be done unless you have at least 6. Honestly I don’t see why they can’t scale, all the other things in the game do. Obviously if they scale lower, they should give less of a favor reward, but I don’t have an issue with that. It goes hand in hand with being smaller and growing slower. But I take a bit of an issue with not being able to do some of them “at all” because we don’t have a specific body count.

I have to chime in here in support of this…right here.

No “Body Count” requirement in PvE missions. I can even be on board with a 3-man minimum in WvW missions…just not PvE.

Plus…we really need to look at “What is a Guild?” In the lore of GWs, a Guild is a group. Can it be large? Yes, look at the “Guild Wars”. Huge numbers in Guilds for that. Can it be small? Absolutely! Destiny’s Edge is a Guild. Members = Eir, Zojja, Snaff, Caithe, Rytlock, Logan. That’s 6…7 if you want to include Garm (which is fine by me ). Still less than 10…which is the number they planned around.

All I am saying, is #s don’t matter. 3, 6(7), 10, 25, 300…smaller numbers work for it more, and take a bit longer…but things should not be out of reach.

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

Posted by: Killacam.2064

Killacam.2064

3-4 people isn’t a guild. And if you really wanna do it, just ask friends online to join your guild to claim it or whatever you wanna do.

Sorry but I’ve been in a 3 man real life friend guild since launch. We had 5 but 2 quit early and never came back. Just because you don’t roll with 3 people doesn’t mean it’s not a guild as it most certainly is.

We should be able to do all the guild content too, why not just scale it down? We do 5 man dungeons with 3 of us all the time I’m sure we could do any 5 man content ANET puts out. Spam 1 = win pve

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

I still don’t see the reason why Arena Net has not ported over the GW1 guild alliance system to GW2. I mean people have been unofficially doing it for years now; for both larger and smaller guilds. Unofficially it has been happening in the game since it first launched back in 2012. Especially when lager guilds were reaching their membership cap. Furthermore this idea really took off when guild missions came into the game; during the initial flame and frost stuff in 2013. Nevertheless they have been ignoring the issue. Just like they have been ignoring people asking for a build template system.

(edited by Sindex.9520)

Posted by: Broom.2561

Broom.2561

The prices are ridiculous, the grind on all fronts is ridiculous and blatantly excluding small guilds is just plain stupid.

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Small guilds have been screwed with the expansion, it shouldn’t matter that a guild is made up of friends of 3 peoples or are mass recruiters making sure they have 500 members on board. But they built the new system based on guilds with large numbers, it wasn’t enough they have time gated materials they also had to introduce a large amount of materials to supply all the upgrades.

Yes it is highly unfair that a small guild of 5 people is expected to donate the same amount of materials as one with 500 members, I understand why that has to be the same(or guilds will just drop to small numbers), but time gated upgrades alone could have dealt with keeping that even.

What bothers me is that last week guilds that had almost everything unlocked have to restart the process with only a few things grandfathered in. WvW guilds have especially been hindered with their abilities to claim and upgrade structures, guild level 37 and a bunch of upgrades in between before they can get +5, are you kidding me?

Also once upon a time a few expansions ago, WoW had guild levels as well, also had problems with large guilds taking over and mass recruiting to level the guild faster, those guilds tend to lose their personal feel after a short time, cliques form and they fall apart, they eventually got rid of that system.

Guilds shouldn’t be about who can grab the most members to upgrade stuff, I shouldn’t have to be part of a mass mob to enjoy guild perks. There are a lot of smaller family and friends type guilds out there and you’re killing them Anet. The expected time to fully upgrade a guildhall is what 10 months? based on what 500 members? how much more is it going to take a group of 5 to get their hall fullly upgraded?

Again, time gated upgrades like what they are doing with aetherium is fine, the expected amount of donations is not.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

I always figue this was one of the reason GW allowed you to join up to 5 guilds at once. Team up with a 2nd small guild and work for common goals on both ends.
I say this as a 2 person guild I hope it not changed, just some of us have to adapt. I can’t except everything handed, more so, when it called a guild for a reason.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

weird, the topic changed from missions 3-man is bad to mats is bad.
at first tiny guild complain about not able to get guild hall but other tiny guild who accepted the change proved it can be obtained with 4 people.
now, as expected, tiny guild is going to complain about the mats

let see, to those who say is unfair. fairness is about equal starting, equal requirement…basically being equal. obviously, i don’t think the tiny guild (tiny is a more appropriate word) is seeking for fairness. tiny guild is seeking for favoritism.

to those that complain 3 requirement for guild missions, pve mission has no such requirement.

to those who are complaining about mats that tiny guild couldn’t afford and it should be scaled. scaling isn’t fairness, is balancing but to scale the mats to build something, you are encouraging people to abuse the system. though, technically, it can be scaled according to the guild’s max size but at the same time, that doesn’t mean all the items should be scaled. To be exact, the cost to build something which can only be used by the member of the guild can be scaled, it doesn’t spoil the balance but at the same time, items that can be used by everybody including outsiders should not be scaled. Likewise, banks cannot be scaled since every use the same storage size. Also, since things are scaled, the exp gain from those upgrades should be scaled as well. Likewise, the mining should be scaled too since the cost is scaled and logically, the building is smaller and it should produce and store lesser. The most tricky part is the war room, should a scaled war room be allowed to claim, if a war room can claim then why should the larger guild be paying for more, now it has become a matter of fairness. Should a scaled workshop be allowed to access and produce all kind of items or should a scaled workshop be only allow specific items, same logic as the war room, fairness.

fairness isn’t discrimination or favoritism, is about having equal opportunity and start. every single guild are given a equal start with no extreme barrier of entry. which is different from cost of progression

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

LanfearShadowflame.3189

to those that complain 3 requirement for guild missions, pve mission has no such requirement.

This isn’t precisely true. Yes, nothing in the guild panel states that there is a body count for pve missions; however, watch the twitch stream about guilds. The devs specifically state that for some of them you ‘need x’ number of people.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

This isn’t precisely true. Yes, nothing in the guild panel states that there is a body count for pve missions; however, watch the twitch stream about guilds. The devs specifically state that for some of them you ‘need x’ number of people.

there isn’t any count because it is just like the old guild missions, in fact, the pve are the old guild missions. they simply modified it. as long you are able to kill the bounty, as long you are able to complete your challenge even if it means by doing with another guild. as long you have even a single member there, it will be credited provided you deal enough damage or do enough for the system to reward you with event medals

the reason why pvp require 3 are basically because the system has always been designed to recognize 3 person from same guild as guild team.

as for wvw, i didnt test the limit of the wvw much, maybe someone can go try and capture a camp single highhandedly and see if the system register it or not. if 1 doesn’t count, try 2. just make sure that you capped the camp without any pugs around you as the wvw system will only recognize you with the rights to claim base on the most number of guildie on that objective OR if you are the lone guild in that objective.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

If you have 4 people online, you have enough people to claim a guild hall.

I have successfully done a run with 3 people, though it was extremely close on the dps timers so we had to use some consumables.

At less than 8 people, it will only ever spawn one head to kill in phase 1, and the 9 minutes it gives you to kill the one end boss you get with that number is easily achievable with 4 people.

You may have to reroll it a few times and get lucky with where the heads spawn, as with that few people if the next head spawns o the other side of the map you may not have time to run and DPS everything down, but with a good roll, heads can spawn within like 100 feet of each other. I’ve even seen them spawn back in the same location as the previous head.

As for guild missions, you’ll need 3 people to do the pvp and wvw ones, but for the pve ones you can simply piggyback on other guilds doing them (and there will be a lot of other guilds doing them right after reset) Many of them are even soloable (guild race, expedition) and in the new system you don’t have to get past the bounty farming stage to do those, just wait for them to pop up.

It costs nothing to fail so you can just retry those missions until you happen to have another guild nearby also doing the same one. It will be harder (and it should be with less people) but it is not impossible by any means.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

(edited by PopeUrban.2578)

Posted by: SelenaDread.2814

SelenaDread.2814

I have successfully done a run with 3 people, though it was extremely close on the dps timers so we had to use some consumables.

At less than 8 people, it will only ever spawn one head to kill in phase 1, and the 9 minutes it gives you to kill the one end boss you get with that number is easily achievable with 4 people.

You may have to reroll it a few times and get lucky with where the heads spawn, as with that few people if the next head spawns o the other side of the map you may not have time to run and DPS everything down, but with a good roll, heads can spawn within like 100 feet of each other. I’ve even seen them spawn back in the same location as the previous head.

As for guild missions, you’ll need 3 people to do the pvp and wvw ones, but for the pve ones you can simply piggyback on other guilds doing them (and there will be a lot of other guilds doing them right after reset) Many of them are even soloable (guild race, expedition) and in the new system you don’t have to get past the bounty farming stage to do those, just wait for them to pop up.

It costs nothing to fail so you can just retry those missions until you happen to have another guild nearby also doing the same one. It will be harder (and it should be with less people) but it is not impossible by any means.

Congrats, I honestly did not know you can capture a guild hall with 4 people.

PopeUrban.2578

Congrats, I honestly did not know you can capture a guild hall with 4 people.

I would not reccommend it TBH. I had a much better time with two other guilds and a 6-8 man crew, but someone was light and asked for help and we tried it with the 4 people avaliable at the time.

If you would like help, however, I personally as well as possibly any guildmates that happen to be on are generally willing to help people claim. It’s good to make friends

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory

LanfearShadowflame.3189

there isn’t any count because it is just like the old guild missions, in fact, the pve are the old guild missions. they simply modified it. as long you are able to kill the bounty, as long you are able to complete your challenge even if it means by doing with another guild. as long you have even a single member there, it will be credited provided you deal enough damage or do enough for the system to reward you with event medals

I wasn’t even getting into the pvp and wvw missions, that does make sense, so we’ll ignore those.

However, I will quote directly from Guild Chat Ep1: Guild Week Part 1:
“For example, puzzles require 6 players. Some of them just can’t be done without that many people”

Followed by they do have a recommended number of people for each mission. Which I’m sure the elite players will be able to do with fewer numbers, but the average player will need the recommendation, or more.

Yes, you can do them with other people / team up with other guilds (granted you get the same bounty or whatever); but that wasn’t the point being made. The statement was simply that they do have a body count requirement to at least a certain extent.

On the flip side, I will at least give them credit that you can ferry people into the instances to help you.

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

it does not cost 300g per upgrade… seriously do you pull these figures out of your kitten?

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

The other problem is that bigger guilds have more incentive, so they’re far more likely to snatch recruits.

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

I remember reading that “small guilds will be respected” when they were talking about the Hot guildhalls…

Now I’m thinking “wow if that wasn’t just like a campaign promise in the end.”

PopeUrban.2578

I remember reading that “small guilds will be respected” when they were talking about the Hot guildhalls…

They actually are respected quite well.

Unless your definition of a small “guild” is less than a party’s worth of people, which is not anet’s (or most people’s) definition of a guild.

As a guy that runs a small guild I’m pretty happy with the whole thing.

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

Unless your definition of a small “guild” is less than a party’s worth of people, which is not anet’s (or most people’s) definition of a guild.

Well obviously others feel differently…including myself.

PopeUrban.2578

Well obviously others feel differently…including myself.

You have a right to your opinion, sure, but the system as is can still be completely solo’d over time with the single exception being the actual guild hall claim, which you only ever have to do one time.

I don’t see how that’s overly penalizing even personal bank guilds. You can still totally use content and features designed for 5+ players. You can still gain favor, build up the guild hall, etc. It’s going to take longer, and some weeks you may roll guild missions you can’t solo and lose out on favor that week, but it’s really not a huge deal. more people working together is more efficient, and that’s totally intended behavior because guild systems are designed, specifically, to add content for guilds, which are defined by anet as assemblies of players larger than a single group.