Smart loot system = death to med and heavy!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Well it seems anet isnt even thinking and just keeps on making changes that are not even needed.

Atleast im trying to save this game from failing. I just hope anet is true to their word that they read posts.

Aside from fanboys, Many have also contributed here stating the same arguments so im not alone who can see where this is going.

You and your buddies should all team up and buy out all the cloth you can, hoard it, drive up market prices then sell it to all the newly rolled light armor classes people are making to farm cloth. Seriously, it should really work. You proved it because people are only going to play light armor classes. 100% for sure way to make gold. Probably the best way if what you are saying is true.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Well it seems anet isnt even thinking and just keeps on making changes that are not even needed.

Atleast im trying to save this game from failing. I just hope anet is true to their word that they read posts.

Aside from fanboys, Many have also contributed here stating the same arguments so im not alone who can see where this is going.

The point is, that this game is in no danger of failing. That’s what was said about mega servers, ascended gear, trait change, and making dungeons once per day. But the game continues to thrive, and these changes geared toward new players shows that there has been an increase of new players, enough to make a whole feature pack catering to them.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: gobax.6185

gobax.6185

Wow youre going to be successful in life thinking like that! So funny!

Why buy if you can farm them for free?

Why invest your money to buy and sell a product if you can directly get them from the source? Simple business my friend.

gobax.6185

The point is, that this game is in no danger of failing. That’s what was said about mega servers, ascended gear, trait change, and making dungeons once per day. But the game continues to thrive, and these changes geared toward new players shows that there has been an increase of new players, enough to make a whole feature pack catering to them.

Well i kinda exagerrated on failing part. Of course this will never fail. People will just move to light armor classes and farm. I know ill do that once the patch hits us

I love this game. And will play til it dies. Its just sad that other classes will not be as viable for farming as light armored ones.

Posted by: Eric.6109

Eric.6109

Making armour requires linen, so maybe salvaging heavy armour would have a chance of yielding some.

a.net: I will not be buying gems with cash until you fix traits.

pdavis.8031

Well i kinda exagerrated on failing part. Of course this will never fail. People will just move to light armor classes and farm. I know ill do that once the patch hits us

I love this game. And will play til it dies. Its just sad that other classes will not be as viable for farming as light armored ones.

Im still not convinced of that. Its such a small increase as it makes little difference in the long run. You’d have to have a ridiculous amount of drops for it even to be considered an advantage. 1g over 430 gear drops isnt that much.

recognize my command!”

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Wow youre going to be successful in life thinking like that! So funny!

Why buy if you can farm them for free?

Do you want the short answer or the long-winded one? I’ll give the short one and expect someone as intelligent as you to figure out how it matters.

Time.

Why invest your money to buy and sell a product if you can directly get them from the source?

I can bake a cheesecake just fine, but I still purchase them now and then. Why? I already gave you the answer.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

Why would you put wvw in this discussion?

EDIT: You can’t farm in PvE. There’s no way to make tons of legit gold off of stuff in PvE without cheating or exploits. The megaservers have made it really hard to farm monsters because there are so many people killing monsters for mats (esp. in Orr). If I’m lucky, I’ll end up on a map that has a few mobs to kill. Even with a high magic find and farming those few mobs, monsters don’t always drop salvagable stuff. Alot of times, the monsters will drop junk these days (mangled talons, goop, etc). The only exception to this rule has been Dry Top.

The only place where anyone can get tons of armor to salvage for silk, ectos, and high level stuff is in WvW. My magic find is 115%. I get tons of greens, blues, and yellows. That’s just from playing the game with a medium-sized guild group that is willing to fight battles. If you kill enemy players, you get armor. It’s that simple. The only catch is that one has to be a skilled, high powered player to get bags of loot.

(edited by kta.6502)

pdavis.8031

You can’t farm in PvE. There’s no way to make tons of legit gold off of stuff in PvE without cheating. The megaservers have made it really hard to farm monsters because there are so many people killing monsters for mats. If I’m lucky, I’ll end up on a map that has a few mobs to kill Even with a high magic find and farming those few mobs, monsters don’t always drop salvagable stuff. Alot of times, the monsters will drop junk these days (mangled talons, goop, etc). The only exception to this rule has been Dry Top.

The only place where I farm for armor to salvage for silk and high level stuff is in WvW. My magic find is 115%. I get tons of greens, blues, and yellows. That’s just from playing the game with a medium-sized guild group that is willing to fight battles. If you kill enemy players, you get armor. It’s that simple. The only catch is that one has to be a skilled, high powered player to get bags of loot.

Ummmm. So all the T6 I farmed in frostgorge, the cloth I farmed in timberland falls, the mats I farmed in southsun, and other pve places dont count? There are great places to farm in pve if you know where to go.

recognize my command!”

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Im still not convinced of that. Its such a small increase as it makes little difference in the long run. You’d have to have a ridiculous amount of drops for it even to be considered an advantage. 1g over 430 gear drops isnt that much.

This is the part that has me scratching my head.

Development takes time and money. If these changes are not going to be noticed why spend the money to implement them ?

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Development takes time and money. If these changes are not going to be noticed why spend the money to implement them ?

And why spend an entire blog post hyping them, if they’re inconsequential?

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

They might not be noticeable at 80 . . . but may be huge at earlier levels. That’s what comes to mind first via Occam.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Ashen.2907

Exactly.

I am not upset about the proposed changes. I do not think we have enough information to have a strong opinion one way or the other at this point. I do have some concerns about how this will play out depending on what those details turn out to be, but thats about it at this point.

But.

Would it be worth mentioning to say that a specific skill has had its damage increased from 100 to 100.00000001 ? The change would be there, no one would ever notice it. It just seems odd.

(edited by Ashen.2907)

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Exactly.

I am not upset about the proposed changes. I do not think we have enough information to have a strong opinion one way or the other at this point. I do have some concerns about how this will play out depending on what those details turn out to be, but thats about it at this point.

But.

Would it be worth mentioning to say that a specific skill has had its damage increased from 100 to 100.00000001 ? The change would be there, no one would ever notice it. It just seems odd.

But there is a chance that the chances scale with level. And that’s just fine. Starts off high and then slowly decreases. Not as potentially damaging as letting there be a noticeable change at level 80 to the economy, especially in the short term. Most people don’t need a huge assortment of alts and most aren’t likely to reroll too often except when huge changes are made (such as the April 15th trait change and the upcoming change to the leveling system and personal story).

The only ANet comment on the chances was directed towards a question asking if it affected level 80 characters. We only know that it’s “not easily noticeable” at level 80.

It could be a 0.05% chance at level 80, but a 60% chance at level 2. We don’t know.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

If they’re going to reduce supply, I hope they at least reduce demand by changing silk weaving thread to use 50 silk instead of 100.

gobax.6185

EDIT: You can’t farm in PvE. There’s no way to make tons of legit gold off of stuff in PvE without cheating or exploits. The megaservers have made it really hard to farm monsters because there are so many people killing monsters for mats (esp. in Orr). If I’m lucky, I’ll end up on a map that has a few mobs to kill. Even with a high magic find and farming those few mobs, monsters don’t always drop salvagable stuff. Alot of times, the monsters will drop junk these days (mangled talons, goop, etc). The only exception to this rule has been Dry Top.

The only place where anyone can get tons of armor to salvage for silk, ectos, and high level stuff is in WvW. My magic find is 115%. I get tons of greens, blues, and yellows. That’s just from playing the game with a medium-sized guild group that is willing to fight battles. If you kill enemy players, you get armor. It’s that simple. The only catch is that one has to be a skilled, high powered player to get bags of loot.

Are you on drugs? Hahah

Zerg train in cursed shore you can make 30gold per hour by selling loots and salvaging weapons and armors you get from events.

Champ train in fgs gets you a lot of champion bags and once again salvage it for materials you can sell on tp.

Train in dry top is also the same.

Are you even playing gw2? All you have to do is tag the mob and you get loots. Each and everyone of you who tags the mob gets loots.

A lot of people farm via pve. You might mistook this game for another game.

gobax.6185

If they’re going to reduce supply, I hope they at least reduce demand by changing silk weaving thread to use 50 silk instead of 100.

They are not going to reduce the supply. They will just make it that light armor classes gets more than heavy and medium classes.

Meaning if heavy gets 50 per hour, med gets 50 per hour, light gets 50 per hour

The change will make it so that heavy gets 40 , med gets 40, light gets 70 per hour.

Dont quote me on the exact numbers because i myself do not know the percentages.

However it is 100% clearly stated that light armors will now get more light armor scraps and the other 2 classes will get less.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

How ironic that the smart loot system is a very very stupid idea.

Im not sure if anet devs are playing the game or not but if they do, they shouldve notice how crappy medium and heavy armors are compared to light armors.

If this gets implemented, nobody will run medium armor and heavy armor classes anymore because compared to how much you can earn from salvaging light armors, the two are super cheap.

To Anet:

I hope you play the game once in a while before trying to implement some changes. Last thing we want from this game is to lose class variety.

Warriors are currently non existent in cursed shore farming due to them suck at tagging mobs. By implementing this system, cursed shore will be full of necros and elems since salvaging light armors gives you silk scraps which you can sell for 2silvers each. Nobody will farm using heavy and medium anymore once this smart loot gets implemented.

Think twice anet. Play the game and see firsthand before making changes to farming in game.

Think twice yourself. You haven’t seen how this system is going to work and therefore have no idea what you’re talking about. It would be more prudent to see the results before speaking.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Are you on drugs? Hahah

Zerg train in cursed shore you can make 30gold per hour by selling loots and salvaging weapons and armors you get from events.

Champ train in fgs gets you a lot of champion bags and once again salvage it for materials you can sell on tp.

Are you even playing gw2? All you have to do is tag the mob and you get loots. Each and everyone of you who tags the mob gets loots.

Actually, that’s not entirely true. There have been numerous times where I have repeatedly tagged a champ and not gotten any loot. Other people have mentioned this happening to them on the forums. In large zergs, there seems to be a limit of around fifty people that can tag a champ.

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Prices will equalize due to supply and demand, there is no issue.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Tobias Trueflight.8350

They should equalize due to supply and demand, if the assumptions hold true.

As everyone has said: “time will tell”.

Seera.5916

They are not going to reduce the supply. They will just make it that light armor classes gets more than heavy and medium classes.

Meaning if heavy gets 50 per hour, med gets 50 per hour, light gets 50 per hour

The change will make it so that heavy gets 40 , med gets 40, light gets 70 per hour.

Dont quote me on the exact numbers because i myself do not know the percentages.

However it is 100% clearly stated that light armors will now get more light armor scraps and the other 2 classes will get less.

Short term, the supply on the TP will fall. That’s what Pandaman was referring to. That if they were going to do a change that will in the short term lower supply, that they should lower the demand for it as well to help keep prices at the same level they are now. People will want to buy up the cloth that’s set to sell at the current price thinking that the price will go higher.

Who knows what the equilibrium price for cloth will settle after this change. It could be higher or it could be lower or it could be the same. We don’t have the numbers to say. But perception is reality. If there’s even a perceived increase, prices will likely be higher to some degree. The degree will depend on how much of a perceived increase there is.

Ashen.2907

Short term, the supply on the TP will fall.

“may fall,” perhaps. We do not know the numbers on the drop rate adjustments yet.

If they increase the combined cloth drop rate for light armor wearers by the same amount that they reduce the combined cloth drop rates for non light armor wearers the supply remains the same.

gobax.6185

Im not sure if anet devs are playing the game or not but if they do, they shouldve notice how crappy medium and heavy armors are compared to light armors.

If this gets implemented, nobody will run medium armor and heavy armor classes anymore because compared to how much you can earn from salvaging light armors, the two are super cheap.

To Anet:

I hope you play the game once in a while before trying to implement some changes. Last thing we want from this game is to lose class variety.

Warriors are currently non existent in cursed shore farming due to them suck at tagging mobs. By implementing this system, cursed shore will be full of necros and elems since salvaging light armors gives you silk scraps which you can sell for 2silvers each. Nobody will farm using heavy and medium anymore once this smart loot gets implemented.

Think twice anet. Play the game and see firsthand before making changes to farming in game.

Think twice yourself. You haven’t seen how this system is going to work and therefore have no idea what you’re talking about. It would be more prudent to see the results before speaking.

You dont need to see the system first hand before knowing what will happen.

It is clearly stated that each profession will get more loots that is wearable by their classes compared to those who cant.

This statement alone says it all.

No matter how small the difference is. There is still a difference between light and heavy/med classes. Numbers doesnt change the fact that light armor users gets more cloths ans can sell more compared to the other 2

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Um, except the more or less equal drop rate of medium and light armor has done nothing to “equalize” the value of leather and cloth.

Cloth isn’t worth more because it’s rarer. It’s more valuable because it’s in very high demand. Leather isn’t worth dirt because it’s in higher supply, it’s because no one needs it.

Prices would have to fluctuate in a massive way for the 200c per scrap silk to ever be as valuable as the 8c per scrap T5 leather.

Increasing the drop rate slightly for 3/8 of the classes while dropping the rate for 5/8 of classes is not going to pull this off.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Seera.5916

Short term, the supply on the TP will fall.

“may fall,” perhaps. We do not know the numbers on the drop rate adjustments yet.

If they increase the combined cloth drop rate for light armor wearers by the same amount that they reduce the combined cloth drop rates for non light armor wearers the supply remains the same.

Like I said, short term. As in immediately after the patch hits.

The speculators and the people who think the the drop rates are going to be super noticeable and they hate playing light armor classes will buy up the supply.

The speculators will sell once the price increases. The people who hate light armor classes will hold onto the silk keeping it out of the market.

The actual drop rates will affect what happens in the long term. If it’s truly not easily noticeable at level 80, then we likely won’t have a huge change in price. And nothing to go into a panic over.

But if the chances are noticeable, then who knows what it will do. That will come down to how many play light armor characters fairly regularly and what their demand is for cloth themselves vs those who play mostly just medium and heavy.

For all we know they left the overall chance for a heavy profession to get cloth the same. They just lowered the chance to get something else (hopefully junk) down to compensate. So that Heavy Henry, still gets the same number of light armor items as he did before the patch.

And that I don’t really have a problem with. Light professions need more cloth for ascended mats so it’s only fair they have a higher chance to get more cloth for free. So that their ratio of dropped vs bought mats for ascended gear equals out to the heavy and medium classes.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

To Anet:

I love my warrior. And I don’t care about making gold that much. I can just run dungons. Mite take me longer, but I don’t care. The games not about making gold after all if I want something that badly, I’ll buy gems and turn them to gold.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

kta.6502

I don’t think there is an issue either. The smart loot system just means that characters below level 80 will get more class-relevant loot.

Examples:If your character is an Engie, they will most likely get pistols, rifles, and harpoon guns. If your character is a ranger, you’ll get swords, longbow, shortbow, axes, daggers, greatsword, warhorns, torches, spears, and harpoon guns.

kta.6502

Are you on drugs? Hahah

Actually, that’s not entirely true. There have been numerous times where I have repeatedly tagged a champ and not gotten any loot. Other people have mentioned this happening to them on the forums. In large zergs, there seems to be a limit of around fifty people that can tag a champ.

Thank you, DarcShriek!

I have had plenty of guildies reporting the same thing.

I have a hunch that the current system is intended to limit the size of zergs on PvE maps as well as fight against bots.

gobax.6185

Odd. That never happens to me and ive been zerging for 1year.

My bad then i didnt know you sometimes get bugged and not get loots.

Never happened to me and my 20+ guildies who zergs together with other group of people

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

So did you buy all the cloth yet?

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

We cant share info with you, we cant go into details etc etc only shows how knowledgeable he is haha! Funny guy.

It’s more so they can ninja nerf things at a later date that they don’t go into details on pretty much anything and then claim they don’t do ninja nerfs even though they’ve been caught out dozens of times making ninja nerfs.

There’s a complete lack of transparency when it comes to most changes to mechanics in this game that doesn’t really ignite a whole lot of confidence since the lack of transparency really just tends to come across as “we don’t have confidence in what we’re implementing is right so we’re avoiding specifics so we can change it on the fly and hope people don’t notice”

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Feels abit more like stuff that is more valuable tend to drop more with specific classes, the prices will start to drop.

If everyone move away from Medium or Heavy, the amount of that weight relevant drops will diminish and prices would rise.

Well, this is abit optimistic view of it, as I’m not aware of the full extents of dangers that this could cause tho…

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

gobax.6185

Feels abit more like stuff that is more valuable tend to drop more with specific classes, the prices will start to drop.

If everyone move away from Medium or Heavy, the amount of that weight relevant drops will diminish and prices would rise.

Well, this is abit optimistic view of it, as I’m not aware of the full extents of dangers that this could cause tho…

That is one way of looking at it but for a medium armor it is near impossible that leather will hike up. Because the only classes who needs leather are medium armor classes and light armor classes and the latter only needs very very few to craft their gear.

For heavy armors, ores can be mined by every class so i doubt its price will increase.

You see, light armor scraps are the most expensive among the three because of:

1. It can only be obtained by salvaging light armors.
2. Every class needs a substantial amount of it in order to craft their gears.

Unlike the other 2 resources (ores and leathers) light armor scraps are needed by everyone.

Thus implementing this said system, will give benefit to light armor users and kitten out the other 2.

Even if the supply goes up because a lot of people will switch to light armor classes, it doesnt change the fact that everyone still needs them and light armors need a whole lot of scraps. so the demand will most likely increase as well.

That being said, you can clearly see that this smart loot system will lower the income potential of the two classes and increase the income potential of light armors.

Even if you factor the supply and demand. It will never change the fact that light armor scraps will always be higher priced than the other 2 resources. Sure the value will lower if the supply is high, still if you compare it to the other 2. It is still the most expensive and most profitable.

Posted by: SKATE.1394

SKATE.1394

Some of you guys need to check the dev feed now and then, as this has already been commented on. People who are leveling will get a marginal nudge in drops towards their armor weight/usable weapons. “Marginal” being the key word. According to the dev post most people won’t even notice much of a difference. And while yes, level 80’s will still be affected by this, again, “marginal” is the key word here. Please look it up.

You know, the change from bolts of silk being 2 scraps to 3, was also supposed to be a “marginal” thing to eat up some of the silk supply. When that was compounded with the ascended crafting requirements the silk market absolutely imploded.

Just because they think it’s going to be a “marginal” change, doesn’t mean they’re completely underestimating the impact even a “subtle” nudge can have on the overall economy.

Changes to basic game mechanics like the loot system and the crafting system (as has already been shown with the permanent bolt of silk recipe change) can have major impacts in a game with millions of players.

And when you change the underlying systems of the game, there’s no going back even when you realize you’ve made a mistake. That’s why it was a terrible idea to permanently change a crafting recipe rather than introduce some other temporary way to eliminate excess supply of a material, such as trading for loot boxes with a temporary NPC. And they clearly admitted their mistake when they tried to capital inject more light material supply into the market by adding them to Alliance Supply Bags during the Lion’s Arch events.

(edited by SKATE.1394)

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

What direct effect this has on the economy is pretty much irrelevant. The fact is that medium armour classes will be getting more leather drops than anything else, heavies will be getting more metal, and light will be getting more cloth.

At any given time, there is going to be a difference between the prices of metal, leather and cloth. Probably a fairly significant one. That means that certain classes will inherently be getting better drops than other classes. Not because of how they play, or how effective they are… simply for playing one class, you will get worse loot. I would prefer equality.

To make an incredibly blunt analogy: imagine if Anet said “hey, we love rangers! From now on, all rangers have an inherent +10% chance to get rares and exotics.” That’s essentially what this change is doing.

pdavis.8031

Some of you guys need to check the dev feed now and then, as this has already been commented on. People who are leveling will get a marginal nudge in drops towards their armor weight/usable weapons. “Marginal” being the key word. According to the dev post most people won’t even notice much of a difference. And while yes, level 80’s will still be affected by this, again, “marginal” is the key word here. Please look it up.

You know, the change from bolts of silk being 2 scraps to 3, was also supposed to be a “marginal” thing to eat up some of the silk supply. When that was compounded with the ascended crafting requirements the silk market absolutely imploded.

Just because they think it’s going to be a “marginal” change, doesn’t mean they’re completely underestimating the impact even a “subtle” nudge can have on the overall economy.

Changes to basic game mechanics like the loot system and the crafting system (as has already been shown with the permanent bolt of silk recipe change) can have major impacts in a game with millions of players.

Yeah the change to silk was a marginal change, but it was also intended for ascended to use that much silk. The market didnt “implode”. It actually bears the prices for all cloth rather well. Yes there is an increased demand, thus an increased suppply, but the prices are what people are willing to pay for them. Even if this new change is as bad as gobax and others are claiming its going to be, then speculators would be buying silk in droves, amd we would see the prices start to rise. But silk has actually dropped 16c since yesterday. All this will do is increase supply, which will drive prices even further down. Thus making the proposed “unfair advantage” of light armor classes even less of an issue. The market reacts very quickly to changes like this, and bears them very well. We may see a small spike, but it will balance out again fast, and there wont be much of an issue.

recognize my command!”

Posted by: SKATE.1394

SKATE.1394

Yeah the change to silk was a marginal change, but it was also intended for ascended to use that much silk. The market didnt “implode”. It actually bears the prices for all cloth rather well. Yes there is an increased demand, thus an increased suppply, but the prices are what people are willing to pay for them. Even if this new change is as bad as gobax and others are claiming its going to be, then speculators would be buying silk in droves, amd we would see the prices start to rise. But silk has actually dropped 16c since yesterday. All this will do is increase supply, which will drive prices even further down. Thus making the proposed “unfair advantage” of light armor classes even less of an issue. The market reacts very quickly to changes like this, and bears them very well. We may see a small spike, but it will balance out again fast, and there wont be much of an issue.

T5 silk and leather were on equal footing before that change. Silk has since increased over 2500% while leather remains the same. If that’s not an implosion, I’d like to hear what is. Of course the market is gonna bear it, what other choice do they have? If the prices on silk doubled tomorrow, the market would still bear it, that doesn’t mean it’s not an adverse change. I don’t understand your point?

And what the market bears doesn’t have anything to do with light materials being more valuable than medium/heavy, so any bias in drops is not a good thing, which is what this thread is about, so not sure where you’re even going with any of that.

Whether the prices of silk go up or down post patch, it’s highly unlikely that leather or mithril will ever be more valuable than silk, giving an unfair income advantage to any player that receives more light armor than another. Greatswords and daggers are also likely to remain more valuable than rifles or bows, materials aren’t the only issue here.

(edited by SKATE.1394)

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

You have to be more than a little bit stoned to believe that players will just stop playing the Warrior, Guardian, and Thief – three of the most popular classes across all modes.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

It will still drop. Even for other armor classes. Yes, the other armor classes also use cloth, but less then the light ones do. So, the do get cloth, but less than the light professions. It makes sense to me….

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

It will still drop. Even for other armor classes. Yes, the other armor classes also use cloth, but less then the light ones do. So, the do get cloth, but less than the light professions. It makes sense to me….

For my heavy ascended gloves, I need 1200 silk and 500 mithril. I need more light armor than I do heavy armor, and yet they’re going to give me more heavy armor than light armor. How does that make sense? At all? It would be fine if they were just buffing silk drops for you guys, but instead they’re nerfing mine too.

Seera.5916

Full disclaimer: I’m pulling random numbers from thin air. My numbers do not represent actual drop rates or future drop rates.

Let’s say over the course of play I get 1000 drops.

100 are junk.

200 bag drops

75 raw item drops either (ore, wood, cloth, leather, food, etc. Crafting mats in other words, including things like ripped hide).

25 trinket/accessory/ring drops

300 weapon drops

300 armor drops, of those 100 are of each type.

That’s what it could be currently.

After the patch, they may raise your profession’s armor by say 50 out of 1000, but they could lower the junk drops by 50 out of 1000. The reduction doesn’t necessarily have to come from the other armor types.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I remember when silk was worthless. How do we know some change won’t come to make mithril extremely desirable, or leather, or whatever?

Some people probably know the answers to those questions, but it’s not the playerbase. Lol.

Olvendred.3027

I remember when silk was worthless. How do we know some change won’t come to make mithril extremely desirable, or leather, or whatever?

Some people probably know the answers to those questions, but it’s not the playerbase. Lol.

Read my post above. Whichever is most valuable at any point in time, certain classes will have a loot advantage, while other classes will have a disadvantage.

Posted by: Rynn.1324

Rynn.1324

You do realize that as a guardian, this also means you’ll be getting more greatsword drops and fewer pistols, right?

I personally think the change will probably balance out nicely.

[Tarnished Coast] Lizzibeth Huffles, Asuran Genius (Engineer) at Play

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Read my post above. Whichever is most valuable at any point in time, certain classes will have a loot advantage, while other classes will have a disadvantage.

And if they are all relatively equal? What shall we comment on on the forums then? ; )

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

RIP Heavy classes

Olvendred.3027

And if they are all relatively equal? What shall we comment on on the forums then? ; )

If they are all relatively equal, then that would be fine. But I don’t think a change can be justified by hoping for an ideal (and rather unlikely) situation to come about and stay stable in a player-driven economy, do you?

Posted by: terminatorkobold.6031

terminatorkobold.6031

1 roll a light class
2 notice it is more expensive to gear up (looking at you ascended cloth)
3 calculate you need 100 years to recover the difference with improved loot
4 profit???

Imean it is about time cloth wearer were compensated fot the bigger expense in gearing up. No heavy complained when ascended was released and they could get armor cheaper than clothies. So cry me a river now…

Dat people

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If they are all relatively equal, then that would be fine. But I don’t think a change can be justified by hoping for an ideal (and rather unlikely) situation to come about and stay stable in a player-driven economy, do you?

I don’t know….people didn’t think silk would be worth anything some time ago, either, so…. /shrug