So GW2 didn't get the 1 mil likes!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SandruDaniel.4386

SandruDaniel.4386

So there are 4 days left until 1 August and GW2 didn’t get the 1 mil liked they wanted on facebook. Anyone surprised ? Do you think we will still get what they promised for 1 mil likes even if they didn’t get them ? PS: I really don’t know how they could imagine they will get 1 mil likes….need almoust 60k more likes.Maybeuntil the end of the year. But until August ? -.- Did you recommend the game for your friends to give a like ? I didn’t because Is not a game worth buying anymore. I don’t like to lie my friends in the face saying: Hey look this great game! You should buy it!!!
So in the end the 1 mil likes didn’t happen( a few days left but almoust 60k likes pfff….)

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

Thanks, didn’t realize they were looking for likes. Threw mine in for the hell of it :p

I haven’t logged into facebook in years.

Edit: After thought…why do you still post here?

(edited by CMF.5461)

Posted by: Wryog.5073

Wryog.5073

We got pretty close at least. Better luck next time I guess :P

Wryog [WBC] – elementalist
Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: mesme.5028

mesme.5028

I know i have been annoyed with a-net over a few things.

I feel this is not the game the devs in the manifesto doing the sales pitch talked about,
but i guess that is all it was a sales pitch, i try to think atm, well done them they got peeps to buy it.

I guess the devs are told what to do by investor’s and shareholder’s, but idk for sure who tells them what to do, they must look back at what they told us and think i hatted having to lie to peeps to get sales but guess their jobs would be on the line if they didn’t.

So im thinking now its not really their fault, as for 1 mill likes on facebook, i think there is far better mini games there than in gw2, so perhaps they shouldn’t have done it there, again maybe they well told too idk.

While i do like gw2 ( mini games and jumping excluded) i don’t think i could give the game a thumbs up as i like many others feel cheated in the game we got, perhaps if they had been honest from the outset and said gw2 will be a 3d plaform type mmo with mini games content then peeps would vote.

CMF.5461

I guess I don’t understand why people continue to play in spite or come back and post here to try to convince people that the game is bad.

Personal opinions are valid but personal. There is a lot I would like to see different in this game, but I don’t log in every day in disgust or negativity.

That might mean you need to change your outlook on things or maybe do something different.

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

I’m not suprised at all, GW2 has no steam anymore.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

mesme.5028

I guess I don’t understand why people continue to play in spite or come back and post here to try to convince people that the game is bad.

Personal opinions are valid but personal. There is a lot I would like to see different in this game, but I don’t log in every day in disgust or negativity.

That might mean you need to change your outlook on things or maybe do something different.

I think the reason is, gw1 had a huge fan base and everyone was so excited about gw2, peeps who loved the original game and are unhappy with somethings in gw2 continue to play and post in hope that maybe things may change.

Being personal to them as they spent months/ years playing with friends old and new, now they still want to have this, but want a real gw2, the game they dreamed about (Poss gw1 with new graphics etc) what i mean is gw2 isnt really a updated gw1, almost everything except the story has changed, its not what a lot of peeps hoped and wanted.

Gamers are gamers, they don’t watch soaps on tv much id wager, gw2 for many was going to be the best game ever, thou disappointed some still play no matter how bad the game gets, some quit, the ones who stay are poss going to be diehard gw fans.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Guild Wars 2’s not losing steam. Anyone who thinks so isn’t around on patch days. There’s still a whole lot of people playing it.

It’s not a blockbuster with 7 million player, but then no MMO that’s been produced in the last 7 years is. Not one. So how do you measure success.

Everyone says Eve Online is successful and that has only 500,000 subscriptions. I’m pretty sure that more people play Guild Wars 2 than that (but I have no way to prove it).

Guild Wars 2 is doing fine. The people who don’t like it say it isn’t….but you can’t keep producing new content every 2 weeks if you’re not doing fine.

Anyone who says you can is delusional.

CMF.5461

“Chocolate ice cream is a disgrace to all ice cream and people should stop eating it because it is bad”

or

“I don’t like the flavor of chocolate ice cream.”

Insert guild wars 2 for ice cream and you can see how opinions may differ and are perfectly valid, but you can’t be short sighted enough to confuse “it is bad” with “i don’t like it”. Two different statements.

….also, don’t eat guild wars 2….

SandruDaniel.4386

I just think that they failed the “best mmo ever” effect from GW2 and makes me sad Really had huge expecations from this game. Is not the first disappointment game but still had that chance to be " best mmo ever" or “best mmo it could be” Failing to get the mil likes on facebook shows that people are just meh about it. It could have got the mil if a lot of players would have recommended the game to their friends,family. But as I said, GW2 is not a game to be recommened anymore. Hey buy it and after first time you hit 80 you wanna throw it on the window and get your money back. First time the experience to 80 doing all maps and I mean ALL maps not plvling and all events, world bosses and some spvp, WwW is just ok, not that great but ok. But when you hit 80 you do nothing but repetitive leveling at 80 and no sense of improving your char. No wish to get another char to 80 because you will get to the same destination and the same boredom….people argue in lions arch all day, they are bored of it and cant find something better to do. Yeah I give GW2 best graphics in an mmo ever but best mmo ? no way, overall is not worth 1 mil votes. But graphics are not enough for an mmo to succed. Their facebook fail is an example.

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

“Chocolate ice cream is a disgrace to all ice cream and people should stop eating it because it is bad”

It’s true.

Chocolate is chocolate, and ice cream is ice cream. Why pollute one with the other? They add nothing to each other.

mesme.5028

Guild Wars 2’s not losing steam. Anyone who thinks so isn’t around on patch days. There’s still a whole lot of people playing it.

It’s not a blockbuster with 7 million player, but then no MMO that’s been produced in the last 7 years is. Not one. So how do you measure success.

Everyone says Eve Online is successful and that has only 500,000 subscriptions. I’m pretty sure that more people play Guild Wars 2 than that (but I have no way to prove it).

Guild Wars 2 is doing fine. The people who don’t like it say it isn’t….but you can’t keep producing new content every 2 weeks if you’re not doing fine.

The problem gw2 will face is peeps like myself who have played the gw games a while, (im 7 years or so) and dislike all this mini game 3d platforming in gw2, peeps who wanted a gw2, not a new game with its lore, these peeps dont see gw2 as a worthy successor.

I wont say the game doesn’t stand on its own as a game, its still a good game, but it aint a gw2, so with this in mind when something better comes along i like many others will delete gw2, perhaps play gw1 and the new game we buy, im waiting to see what wildstar will be like, that looks fab:)

We will see in time, can gw2 last and hold a fan base like gw1 did?

Posted by: ParnAshwind.4823

ParnAshwind.4823

I would “like” GW2 if I trust FB enough to create an account there =P

CMF.5461

GW2 is like a bad relationship.

People come in with big expectations and they are not happy with the reality when the honeymoon phase wears off. Problem is, if you came into this relationship without self imposed expectations and just took things as they come, it is more enjoyable an experience.

But if you start a game thinking it is “the best game ever”, and then you realize thakittens just a game and it can be fun if you are into the things it provides, then you won’t have set yourself up for failure.

I got over video game hype when I was 12. Flash forward 21 years later my friends don’t understand why I don’t get excited over the latest greatest game and I just say "All those features and new innovative things I saw years ago in “x” game…its just the same thing with better graphics".

I understand general game mechanics and what is generally able to be accomplished within various areas of gaming. Some things impress me but others are just recycled.

That said, GW2 offers things that I enjoy for now. I am sure I won’t play it forever, but I am enjoying it while it is here. That animosity some feel may be self imposed.

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

I can definitely say the opposite. They don’t have the number of players they would like, so they’re pumping out content out of sheer desperation to get more people to join. But, that’s a guess like yours.

And that’s the problem with Guild Wars 2. Most people ONLY play on patch days. When you hit the part in the game where all you want to do and can do is earn Achievement points and play mini-games/events, then that’s when you play on patch days and you don’t feel the need to play more than that. And by patch days, I mean people play until they feel they’ve completed a decent amount of the new content to stop doing it. I know I hit that mark myself about 2 months ago, and even then I miss a patch day every once in awhile if it’s not intriguing enough.

So, in summary, you could say that Guild Wars 2 does fine on those patch days, but lacks enough players to be a successful mmo on other days.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

I actually bought a copy of the game for someone a few months after release. I wouldn’t recommend the game now though. I don’t like the direction it’s gone in. Constant rebalancing shows me these guys didn’t know and still don’t know what they are doing.

Plus it feels more like it’s name should be changed from Guild Wars to Guild Festival or Guild Dress Up now. I thought I was playing an awesome game where all hell was breaking loose and we were saving the world from ancient and powerful dragons. Instead everyone is partying like it’s 1999 and running around with all these horrible party favors.

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Pretty much that, they throwed alot of good ideias in this game but they were badly or wrong explored, wich tranformed gw2 in a dumb and limited mechanics game, people get bored to fast pve is bad pvp is normal and WvW well is really a bad design, and no matter how much LS is in game will be always limited content with some minor games/puzles to do where Anet rewards players that waste time on this games, and for me this is not what a MMO is about, they really need to learn what went wrong and fix or improve.

There are really alot of cons on this game, just to name one: s you cant atack mobs that are on lower or on high positions they become invunerable, that mechanic leads to serious bugs that can be exploited as example WvW map , no matter how much reports from the place anet receives wont be fixed, IMO if theres is a valley/choke point and theres players or mobs obove or under your position none should be invunerable.

ps. sorry about the “engrish” writing….

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

So, in summary, you could say that Guild Wars 2 does fine on those patch days, but lacks enough players to be a successful mmo on other days.

The game sold 3 million in the West – the smallest market for an MMO. It hasn;t released in Asia fully yet. Even though a large chunk wont be playing anymore (people try and leave, its the way of all mmos), I don’t understand why people don;t think this is successful just because it isn;t living up to their own expectations. I’m fully aware of GW2 failings and the poorness of Living Story so far, but I can also easily see how successfull this game has been so far and with so much more potential yet to come.

LOTRO is dying and is putting everything into Helms Deep. Whena company sends out surveys and questionnaires to email addresses asking “what’s wrong”,..thats when you know a company is worried.

Anarchy Online. Maybe 10,000 players? Maybe half that? Still Funcoms most successful game and biggest cash cow. 12 years on, virtually no content updates, no sign of dying on the horizon

Eve. As stated – critically acclaimed. Probably the most well known MMO after Wow currently active. Playerbase small in comparison to many

GW2 is not dying. It needs improvements in a lot of places, but still successful. As for Facebook? I don’t use it, so wont give it a thumbs up. 1 million was quite a stretch target I feel..

SandruDaniel.4386

I liked the 1999 part Araziel)
People didn’t “like” GW2 a mil times because the game failed to deliver the promised goods. And by that I mean a great gameplay experience. You cant succed with a game only by its look. When inside is….awful. We judged the book by its cover. Everything looked great at the beginning but when you get deeper in the gameplay and see the other sides of it you get a bad taste and start to come more rarely in the game.
And is like the honeymoon effect too. After the “omg im soo excited about this” steam goes away the reality remains. Which can be cruel at times. I wonder what Anet will say about not being able to get 1 mil likes(after they were sure they will get it for sure).Maybe they would have got the votes if they promised us like 50 gold per player that likes( though that is not earned votes, are votes collected because the players wanted the gold and not because people like the game soo much or the game is sooo good) The way they asked for the likes is good, the likes were earned. But I wonder when they will hit the so much wanted 1 mil likes.

Posted by: Chicho Gosho.6507

Chicho Gosho.6507

Pretty much that, they throwed alot of good ideias in this game but they were badly or wrong explored, wich tranformed gw2 in a dumb and limited mechanics game, people get bored to fast pve is bad pvp is normal and WvW well is really a bad design, and no matter how much LS is in game will be always limited content with some minor games/puzles to do where Anet rewards players that waste time on this games, and for me this is not what a MMO is about, they really need to learn what went wrong and fix or improve.

There are really alot of cons on this game, just to name one: s you cant atack mobs that are on lower or on high positions they become invunerable, that mechanic leads to serious bugs that can be exploited as example WvW map , no matter how much reports from the place anet receives wont be fixed, IMO if theres is a valley/choke point and theres players or mobs obove or under your position none should be invunerable.

ps. sorry about the “engrish” writing….

I’ve managed to shoot a mob from a tower on top of a hill from out of range(was probably around 3000-3500 range).

CMF.5461

GW1 was pretty costumy and party favor filled…

Oh and AntiGW, lol.

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Delete the last line from your post. Read your post again. Ask yourself what that line added to your point besides an un-needed generalized insult. Stop doing it.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

GW2 is doing a lot better than pretty much every other MMO that has been launched in the last 5 years. Noticing that doesn’t include WoW.

Aion for example, after a year of it’s life had already had massive server mergers and lost 9 out of 10 players from when it was new. I only managed to play that game for about 6 (2 of those months were just for vet rewards, I didn’t really play) months as a subscriber and another 3 or so when it went free to play.

Honestly people who claim the game is dead or dieing don’t have anything to base that theory on.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Not that shocking tbh, Anet never really made a big deal about the likes save for the initial announcement.

Galtrix.7369

The game sold 3 million in the West – the smallest market for an MMO. It hasn;t released in Asia fully yet. Even though a large chunk wont be playing anymore (people try and leave, its the way of all mmos), I don’t understand why people don;t think this is successful just because it isn;t living up to their own expectations. I’m fully aware of GW2 failings and the poorness of Living Story so far, but I can also easily see how successfull this game has been so far and with so much more potential yet to come.

LOTRO is dying and is putting everything into Helms Deep. Whena company sends out surveys and questionnaires to email addresses asking “what’s wrong”,..thats when you know a company is worried.

Anarchy Online. Maybe 10,000 players? Maybe half that? Still Funcoms most successful game and biggest cash cow. 12 years on, virtually no content updates, no sign of dying on the horizon

Eve. As stated – critically acclaimed. Probably the most well known MMO after Wow currently active. Playerbase small in comparison to many

GW2 is not dying. It needs improvements in a lot of places, but still successful. As for Facebook? I don’t use it, so wont give it a thumbs up. 1 million was quite a stretch target I feel..

I never said it was dying. I said that the game probably didn’t have the amount of players Anet would like to have, so they implemented the 2 week content system.

And again, I didn’t say it wasn’t successful in general. Please, read what I post. I said it was successful only on patch days and the rest of the days were not. That’s why Anet brought in the achievement point rewards system. To get more people playing every day instead of just patch days. But, guess what happened? Nobody cared enough about the rewards to play every single day, and they’re still playing only on patch days.

Randulf.7614

I never said it was dying. I said that the game probably didn’t have the amount of players Anet would like to have, so they implemented the 2 week content system.

And again, I didn’t say it wasn’t successful in general. Please, read what I post. I said it was successful only on patch days and the rest of the days were not. That’s why Anet brought in the achievement point rewards system. To get more people playing every day instead of just patch days. But, guess what happened? Nobody cared enough about the rewards to play every single day, and they’re still playing only on patch days.

I did read what you wrote and saw nothing that justifies it failing outisde of patch days. I’m seeing (anecdotal evidence granted) more people playing than 6 months back outside of patch days. I agree Living STory/2 week patches haven’t been fantastic, but it could be argued we are a minority given the large number of players playing and not posting here.

Also, the 2 week system is part of their “vision”. whether we agree or not, this living story was something they wanted to introduce early on (as evidenced by the Karka travesty). All I see is company with a large maount of revenue and thus gave them reason to increase the number of teams working on it, rather than as a result of lowered numbers of players

(edited by Randulf.7614)

Galtrix.7369

I did read what you wrote and saw nothing that justifies it failing outisde of patch days. I’m seeing (anecdotal evidence granted) more people playing than 6 months back outside of patch days. I agree Living STory/2 week patches haven’t been fantastic, but it could be argued we are a minority given the large number of players playing and not posting here.

I said it lacks enough players to be successful on other days. I did not say it fails. I did not say it’s dying. I did not say it will die.

When I say “lacks enough players to be successful”, I mean that, outside of patch days, there aren’t enough players you see running around. They’re all in Spvp and in WvW because that’s pretty much the only end game there is. When it’s not a patch day, I see maybe one person in my 10 hours of playing and running around in random maps. They’re all idling in LA or doing Spvp/WvW.

Posted by: ragingbear.2548

ragingbear.2548

I said it lacks enough players to be successful on other days. I did not say it fails. I did not say it’s dying. I did not say it will die.

When I say “lacks enough players to be successful”, I mean that, outside of patch days, there aren’t enough players you see running around. They’re all in Spvp and in WvW because that’s pretty much the only end game there is. When it’s not a patch day, I see maybe one person in my 10 hours of playing and running around in random maps. They’re all idling in LA or doing Spvp/WvW.

What server are you on? With the exception of some mid-level zones that are out of the way I nearly always see people running around all over the place on Tarnished Coast at all hours of the day.

Randulf.7614

I’m sorry, but that doesn’t make any sense. It isn’t successful on days outside of patch day, but it isn’t failing? That’s just a contradicting itself

Patch days will always have a boost, but I’m certainly not seeing a shortage on our mid pop server (GH) outside of this. All temples run regulalrly, all metas have big crowds, all mini games are full, wvw is often queued, mid level zones have lots of ppl running around. Sounds like a server issue you are experiencing rather than a game issue. That’s an entirely different problem

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

So there are 4 days left until 1 August and GW2 didn’t get the 1 mil liked they wanted on facebook. Anyone surprised ? Do you think we will still get what they promised for 1 mil likes even if they didn’t get them ? PS: I really don’t know how they could imagine they will get 1 mil likes….need almoust 60k more likes.Maybeuntil the end of the year. But until August ? -.- Did you recommend the game for your friends to give a like ? I didn’t because Is not a game worth buying anymore. I don’t like to lie my friends in the face saying: Hey look this great game! You should buy it!!!
So in the end the 1 mil likes didn’t happen( a few days left but almoust 60k likes pfff….)

How many people playing GW2 even use Facebook? I know of only 3 people in my guild that even talk about Facebook, and they usually get lambasted in Teamspeak when doing so. It’s easy to read all the posts from ArenaNet about the game on Facebook without actually being required to sign up for it.

As good as the perks are, they’re not worth selling your soul to sign up for a social media service that is so bad that it usually makes the news once a week in relation to stupid criminals.

P.S. Guild Wars 2 is a great game. To you, personally, it might not be. That’s your opinion, however wrong it is. The millions of current players, and the Chinese players who are going to be added end-2013/early-2014, also think it is a great game.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

introducing ascended gears is probably the biggest mistake Anet has made, follow by ignoring the WvW players.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I think the game is really good, but this wasn’t the best time for this kind of promotion. Right now the game is in a state of flux. Nobody really knows which way it’s going to turn.

The living story has been alternately terrific and terrible. The gear progression is either going to be difficult, easy, enough, not enough, too much. Etc…

It’s hard to rally the troops when no one knows what’s going to happen.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Vayne.8563

The problem gw2 will face is peeps like myself who have played the gw games a while, (im 7 years or so) and dislike all this mini game 3d platforming in gw2, peeps who wanted a gw2, not a new game with its lore, these peeps dont see gw2 as a worthy successor.

I wont say the game doesn’t stand on its own as a game, its still a good game, but it aint a gw2, so with this in mind when something better comes along i like many others will delete gw2, perhaps play gw1 and the new game we buy, im waiting to see what wildstar will be like, that looks fab:)

We will see in time, can gw2 last and hold a fan base like gw1 did?

As opposed to me and my wife who played Guild Wars 1 for five years, got our GWAMM, got our 50/50 and absolutely love Guild Wars 2.

You can’t put all Guild Wars 1 players in one box, because it doesn’t work. Guild Wars 1 sold about 7 million copies. How many of the people who bought it also played Tomb Raider or Sonic the Hedgehog or a zillion other games. How many people who played it like minigames like roller beetle racing or poly mock or the costume brawl.

I think you’ll find there’s a far wider ranger of Guild Wars 1 players than you think.

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

P.S. Guild Wars 2 is a great game. To you, personally, it might not be. That’s your opinion, however wrong it is. The millions of current players, and the Chinese players who are going to be added end-2013/early-2014, also think it is a great game.

With ESO coming out, this game will become another WoW wannabe with some gear grind but no raid content (lol). Anet chose to please the PvE crowd, and they should pay for it dearly.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

Vayne.8563

There’s plenty of people still playing. As much as playing any other MMO except for WoW. I can’t say how many people are playing WoW< but I do know that WoW has people complaining about dead servers and dead zones too. It’s hardly grounds to say WoW isn’t successful.

I don’t think your criteria to judge success if very well thought out.

Araziel.7201

With ESO coming out, this game will become another WoW wannabe with some gear grind but no raid content (lol). Anet chose to please the PvE crowd, and they should pay for it dearly.

Don’t mind that guy. He thinks there are millions playing GW2. As far as China goes any of those players that buy this game will blow through it in 2 weeks and I seriously doubt that will end well. The Asian market is far different than the Western one.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

The life cycle of an MMO:

1. Hype and excess high hopes follow announcement of release date.
2. Open Beta – a few problems, but they’ll fix it before release, right?
3. Release – Yay! Fun! so may people and so much new stuff to do!
4. Six months after – OMFG The game is DYING! Nobody ON!
5. 1-year anniversary – All the tirekickers and tryouts are gone or complaining online but the core base is still here..We’re not as big as when we started, but we’re loyal, and we’re having fun in-game… which is why we’re not on FB, or in the forums posting about how bad the game is.

From here, there’s two ways to go… either the game slowly gains more people over time and becomes a mainstay ala GW1

OR

Server merges, big incentive announcements and eventual F2P (not applicable in the GW franchise) with HUGE cash shop, and then eventual closure.

It’s the same with any game. Why should GW2 be any different?

So what if they didn’t get the 1 Million “likes”? not everyone uses facebook. It doesn’t mean that the game is dying.

See you all later… I’m going into the game and have some fun. kthxbai

Level 80 Elementalist

CMF.5461

Setting yourself up with over hype on ESO or any other game that may be coming out is only setting yourself up for failure again when the luster of that game wears off and you become jaded all over again.

Then again, hopefully people will find their promised land of video games and lavish in it for eternity. At least this way there will be less of these conversations and more happy gamers

lol, Ashabhi, that is pretty spot on.

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

….also, don’t eat guild wars 2….

CMF <3

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Don’t mind that guy. He thinks there are millions playing GW2. As far as China goes any of those players that buy this game will blow through it in 2 weeks and I seriously doubt that will end well. The Asian market is far different than the Western one.

Prove otherwise. …..oh wait, you can’t. Stop with your anti-GW2 hate speech. If you don’t like the game, just go play something else. It’s not required that you play it. It may not be for all, but it’s certainly enjoyable for a lot of people (and yes, that number is in the millions). My question is: “What game is so enjoyable to you that you play currently…that you’re avoiding playing just to troll the GW2 forums?”

P.S. @rchu.8945 Purely PvP games are niche games. Just look at EVE Online and Darkfall. GW2 is a great game for all types because it’s a blend of all types having it’s sPvP, PvE, and WvW. The ‘obsession’ with raid-for-gear grinding that WoW/EQ had as a their key designs as being the only method for content needs to die. It’s not. There are many other ways to have content out there, as GW2 has proven with it’s Living Story system.

Oh, and an added note to you’re assumption in TESO being what I read you saying as the “Holy Grail” MMO: please, wake up. The same thing was said about Age of Conan, Star Trek Online, Warhammer Online, Fallen Earth, Planetside 2, Tera, and many other games too. It might be a good game to you, it might not be. However, try to look at it from something other than rose colored glasses.

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

Just an FYI for those saying that ‘the mmo that should not be named’ is being very succesfull even now. It’s lost 700k subscribers over the past 3 months and has been in a downward spiral like that for the last few years. GW2 does not rival the amount of active players and I think it never will, but on it’s own it’s a good game. Personally I do not play GW2 the way I have played other MMO’s. It is a game you can enjoy for a long time and then quit, or play every now and then. It is still well made regardless of knowing that there are tons of things they could have done smarter, better.. or not at all. Just remind yourself you paid only once to play this game and you can enjoy it whenever you want. In terms of fun per euro I spent on it, this game beats ALOT of other games I own.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

So has facebook reclaimed it’s status as social networking site or is it still a pointless online popularity contest?

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

That is because Facebook sucks and is slowly losing users. I deleted my Facebook page back in September of 2011.

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

SandruDaniel.4386

Prove otherwise. …..oh wait, you can’t. Stop with your anti-GW2 hate speech. If you don’t like the game, just go play something else. It’s not required that you play it. It may not be for all, but it’s certainly enjoyable for a lot of people (and yes, that number is in the millions). My question is: “What game is so enjoyable to you that you play currently…that you’re avoiding playing just to troll the GW2 forums?”

P.S. @rchu.8945 Purely PvP games are niche games. Just look at EVE Online and Darkfall. GW2 is a great game for all types because it’s a blend of all types having it’s sPvP, PvE, and WvW. The ‘obsession’ with raid-for-gear grinding that WoW/EQ had as a their key designs as being the only method for content needs to die. It’s not. There are many other ways to have content out there, as GW2 has proven with it’s Living Story system.

Oh, and an added note to you’re assumption in TESO being what I read you saying as the “Holy Grail” MMO: please, wake up. The same thing was said about Age of Conan, Star Trek Online, Warhammer Online, Fallen Earth, Planetside 2, Tera, and many other games too. It might be a good game to you, it might not be. However, try to look at it from something other than rose colored glasses.

Hmm how can you say: if you don’t like this game go play something else? This game was for free and I didn’t know ? We paid for it. Anet got good money from the sales and now you just want us to go and play something else because Anet can’t make GW2 worth the money ? Anet knew that they cant get over 60k likes at that time. Was logic. The game popularity is getting lower every day. If they fail to deliver the game they told us, that is their problem. We don’t have to go anywhere because we paid it was not free. If it was a free mmo than yeah, you did nothing for the company and you lose nothing by leaving, Next time they shouldn’t put high goals if they know they cant reach them. The best option they found was temporary patches every 2 weeks ? Really ? I mean really? I play MMOs from over 7 years I think that is just a bad joke. Most classes are broken, www broken, and pve has no sense in doing it. And they want over 60k votes from us to hit 1 mil ? For what ? For temporary stuff? I didn’t want to say it this straight but that: “go play something else” just annoyed me. People are complaining all time about the gameplay and the rest and they give us livestreams about how to do www and the new temporary stuff? Is like ignoring the problem. Ignoring us. Ignoring that we paid for it and want to play a good game not to learn how to play www after almoust a year!

Araziel.7201

Prove otherwise.

Lol, please prove there are millions playing this game. Your claim holds no more weight than mine unless Anet releases some numbers. I don’t see this game having millions of players though.

While you’re at it please show us all these Chinese players that love it too. Kind of have to release the game there first to see how they feel about it don’t you? Talk about a guy that likes to make assumptions….

Gw2 was one of my favorite MMO’s I just don’t care for the direction the game went in and I’ll voice my opinion on it as I please.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Why would it? Its been just a disappointment lately

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

I don’t have FB for obvious reasons. So i can’t really like.

And how i can like a game that threats charr gamers as underdogs?

Posted by: Chicho Gosho.6507

Chicho Gosho.6507

Prove otherwise.

Lol, please prove there are millions playing this game. Your claim holds no more weight than mine unless Anet releases some numbers. I don’t see this game having millions of players though.

While you’re at it please show us all these Chinese players that love it too. Kind of have to release the game there first to see how they feel about it don’t you? Talk about a guy that likes to make assumptions….

Gw2 was one of my favorite MMO’s I just don’t care for the direction the game went in and I’ll voice my opinion on it as I please.

This is not WoW. If you like the subscription model so much why are you playing P2P game?

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

You do have to wonder just how well it would manage if it had the traditional themepark sub model. Or quite how well older themeparks would have done with a B2P model.

I personally find the game pretty lackluster in all honesty, but it is clearly not dying on its backside at the moment and it has more than likely already turned a good profit (total guess ofc). Eitherway I certainly wouldn’t be using a FB metric to judge it’s success or lack of it.

Oh and I had a good old lol at the EVE comparison :p

(edited by Fenrir.3609)

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

Biggest reason people turn off the facebook page is that they delete negative comments.
So fake.