So I tried Wildstar and I missed playing GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Azmarlio.7861

Azmarlio.7861

So, I tried Wildstar this weekend and I felt like mehh… I went back to playing GW2 instead and played PVP and forgot about why I stopped playing Solo ranked and hit the Join button to queue. I also loved WvW raids more.

*GW2 has crispier graphics.
*Quests are better in GW2 imho
*Better PVP style for ranked and open world. Battle is three way and not between 2 factions.
*The telegraphs are ok but I liked how GW2 requires you to keep track of the opponent and see his status/buffs or the animation when to cast a skill or anticipate things given the circumstances. It makes dodging easy tho.
*Weapons are more flashy in GW2.
*Combo fields for sustain and damage seems like a funkier way to play open world combat.
*WS just simply looked like WoW with space/galactic theme.
*Finishers are awesome.

I felt like I am not ready to shell out or farm for 15$ to pay for the monthly sub.

Any opinions?

Lucas Diamondshield
Philippine Heroes [Ph]

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

GW2 is a superior game to almost every MMO in the western industry atm and Wildstar/ESO are both average ones. People would like WS/ESO for a fresh experience however neither bring anything major to the industry.

Posted by: X The Manimal.5293

X The Manimal.5293

I’ll have to play it myself at least once, maybe during a beta, but I have found that I always come back to GW2. No other MMO holds my attention and I’ve tried many. And that’s even after considering the issues with GW2 at the moment, still a fun game for me.

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

GW2 is a superior game to almost every MMO in the western industry atm and Wildstar/ESO are both average ones. People would like WS/ESO for a fresh experience however neither bring anything major to the industry.

Is this sarcasm?

nGumball.1283

Is this sarcasm?

No, these are facts

Posted by: Sciva.4865

Sciva.4865

I wish the Wildstar team the best of luck with their game, but good god have I never been so bored quickly with an online game before. There seems to be alot of similarities with GW2 (intentional or not) but the one thing they should have done was ditch the traditional quests and go with the GW2 model. I’d rather have GW2 in space than WoW in space.

Posted by: Sinifair.1026

Sinifair.1026

Wildstar’s artstyle is sort of like WoW.
- When it comes to graphics, I’m not for one artstyle in particular.
I will say that GW2 have had me taking many a screenshot.
The most awesome graphics in the game are in the SAB. SO REAL AND LIFELIKE!

Quests in GW2 have always lacked the storytelling, in my opinion. I always felt more like that I’m wandering aimlessly around.
- I’ve found that “taking your time” and wander around to talk with all the different NPC’s can yield some interesting results in learning about the world.

I’m not much of a PvP’er so not really much to comment on there.

The combat system of Wildstar is definitely something different. Different tastes, I guess. I’d like to see more people use the combo fields and stop hiding in corners when doing dungeons.
- I’m gonna have to say I think Wildstar does that better.
But it’s a matter of ANet to make bosses and mobs less damage sponges and instead give them more interesting mechanics, so that they are fun to fight against. I’ve heard that the newer dungeons from the Living Story were way better, so maybe GW2 can take the lead with a revamp of the dungeons (Sorrow’s Embrace Story have a nice end boss. Different mechanics, very enjoyable… but also easy, if you think about it)

Flashy weapons in GW2… I’m not sure what to think of it. GW1 didn’t have that, and I’d have appreciated it if GW2 didn’t go on a too flashy ride (Dark Souls have some nice armor and weapon designs that aren’t “flashy”… or wait: GW1 had nice armor and weapon designs that weren’t flashy) – GW2 doesn’t feel like a sequel in that regard.

As said, it’s an artstyle. Some people really dig it, while others have come to see it as “Lol, WoW clone” even though it’s little more than an artstyle that WoW merely adopted. Gameplay is what matters there, at least it is to me.

In terms of grinding? I’ve felt GW2 have been more of a grind to me than WoW was when I played it. But I also enjoyed reading the quest texts and immersing myself into the world, checking out the sights.
- GW2 feels more like “I’m missing some tasks, Vistas, etc. in this zone… Waypoint there, get it done. Check off list” – but as said, just taking ones time and talking with NPC’s and such, and it’s much more enjoyable.

That’s my two cents. I’m gonna try out Wildstar with some friends, but I’m gonna hang on GW2 as well.

Dark Catalyst.1028

Is this sarcasm?

No, these are facts

If by superior, you mean a grindy game with shallow combat and content that is so unrewarding that it’s simply easier to play the TP, then you’re right.

nGumball.1283

Is this sarcasm?

No, these are facts

If by superior, you mean a grindy game with shallow combat and content that is so unrewarding that it’s simply easier to play the TP, then you’re right.

No I mean the game that you don’t now how to play ending up grinding because you are used to the hardcore content games with no combat offered, calling hard-core gear raiding for for content with people getting kicked out from parties and guilds because they aren’t special enough.

(edited by nGumball.1283)

Posted by: SilverSteele.6519

SilverSteele.6519

I gotta agree with the OP, I tried playing WIldstar this weekend and I too ended up going back to GW2. The game just felt so closed and on rails with the archaic quest system. It also felt so quiet, I kinda forgot just how much dialogue is in GW2, with your own character shouting random things when they light on fire, or even the hundreds of people screaming “For Great Justice!”, I missed that. Sure GW2 has some flaws, but it is probably the only MMO I’ve played that actually feels alive. Wildstar also had the most boring into I’ve ever seen in a game, which totally made me realize just how awesome GW2’s tutorial is. I think some of us have played GW2 for so long, we’ve forgotten all of the gripes we’ve had with those older MMO’s we’ve left behind.

Dark Catalyst.1028

Is this sarcasm?

No, these are facts

No I mean the game that you don’t now how to play ending up grinding because you are used to the hardcore content games with no combat offered, calling hard-core gear raiding for for content with people getting kicked out from parties and guilds because they aren’t special enough.

The games I play have combat that extend beyond roleplaying a zergling and spamming one or exploiting AI by stacking in a corner.

Posted by: Azmarlio.7861

Azmarlio.7861

Okay. Looks like I’m not alone with how I feel with Wildstar.

I totally respect others’ opinions going the other way around but it feels nice that I am not alone about how I feel with GW2.

I’m going to get my WvW titles grind going and my PvP ranks up too. I suddenly appreciated everything that GW2 can offer for my taste.

Lucas Diamondshield
Philippine Heroes [Ph]

nGumball.1283

Is this sarcasm?

No, these are facts

The games I play have combat that extend beyond roleplaying a zergling and spamming one or exploiting AI by stacking in a corner.

Standing there calculating skill timers isn’t called combat though.

Posted by: The Revenant.4970

The Revenant.4970

In terms of grinding? I’ve felt GW2 have been more of a grind to me than WoW was when I played it.

I disagree 100%, WoW was nothing but grinding, whether it was PVE or PVP.

I think your tolerance of grinding, as with most of us, has diminished with age. GW2 is definitely not more of a grind than WoW though.

Posted by: Fasalina.6571

Fasalina.6571

Is this sarcasm?

No, these are facts

Neither stacking in a corner spamming all your skills is though

Dark Catalyst.1028

Is this sarcasm?

No, these are facts

Except you also have to execute your dps in a raiding environment where you can’t zerg or stack.

nGumball.1283

Is this sarcasm?

No, these are facts

Neither stacking in a corner spamming all your skills is though

Taking the flawed dungeon system and generalizing just make you seem uneducated. The WvW and sPvP have enough combat-mechanic possiblites to statisfy an MMORPG gamer who have, for years, played games where skills gets calculated instead of used. If you actually stack in a zerg for sPvP and WvW and still win, it just means the people playing agaist you are bad, not that you are good.

When a group of 10 people attack a whole zerg destorying it, people call them lucky. But when a zerg destorys another, that’s it the game is dead.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Wildstar is the perfect game for those who like CARTOONISH games.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

GW2 combat WvW 20 or more players- ff 2:47-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvJIDKR_tx4

WS combat 20 or more players- ff 1:05-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK65BUhNwPs&feature=youtu.be

JQ Druid

Dark Catalyst.1028

In terms of grinding? I’ve felt GW2 have been more of a grind to me than WoW was when I played it.

I think your tolerance of grinding, as with most of us, has diminished with age. GW2 is definitely not more of a grind than WoW though.

You’re wrong and woefully behind. Try to keep up please since it’s not 2008.

WoW is a grind of 10 years where missing a part of it would make the next content un-available for you. The progression feeling is illusionary, it is about starting the new chapter in the grind-fest every month.

GW2 is grindy too, but at least I can enjoy it the way I want.

If you are a fan of Everyquest, you shouldn’t be here though, I don’t see the point in you commenting.

My fresh 90 was raiding current content within a few days of reaching 90. I didn’t grind or miss anything.

Raiding for a few hours a week is fun and not a grind at all. Beats zergy LS garbage.

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

I had the same experience as the OP. I am/was pretty tired of GW2 overall and am really looking for something else to get excited about. Wildstar looked awesome but after playing a couple of characters i just could not maintain the level of interest required to keep playing.

While i like stylized graphics, per se, i just couldn’t get into the look of the game after walking around killing 12 kinds of cartoony mobs. The main thing that killed it for me was the quest system though. At one point i had a list of 10+ quests on the side of the screen and i found that half of my attention was on the mini map where i would move from the “3” to the “7” to the “10”, and so on, checking of the quests as i continuously added more. The whole thing immediately seemed like a boring grind.

Dark Catalyst.1028

So what? Too bad you can’t see beyond the art style. We know GW2’s artstyle doesn’t make it good.

Posted by: Moderator.8539

Moderator.8539

Hello everyone,

just a friendly reminder to keep the discussion in this thread relevant to Guild Wars 2, so that we can leave the thread open. =)

Thanks!

nGumball.1283

WoW is a grind of 10 years where missing a part of it would make the next content un-available for you. The progression feeling is illusionary, it is about starting the new chapter in the grind-fest every month.

If you are a fan of Everyquest, you shouldn’t be here though, I don’t see the point in you commenting.

My fresh 90 was raiding current content within a few days of reaching 90. I didn’t grind or miss anything.

Raiding for a few hours a week is fun and not a grind at all. Beats zergy LS garbage.

It is grind when you do it for 10 years and it is a must do. The LS ’’grabage’’ are open world-bosses that are fun to do for once or twice. You don’t need the most challenging boss to have fun, neither to calculate any skills. Also, it is you who decide if you want to do it or not, none forces you to go with a zerg, neither to grind. The game is basically more casual but people just don’t know how to play it.

Games are all about opinions, liking skill calculation and raids is nothing wrong, it maybe 10 times better than in your eyes and it doesn’t mean you are wrong, it just mean we have different opinions.

Posted by: Lukhas.1962

Lukhas.1962

GW2 combat WvW 100 or more players- ff 2:47-

Fixed :P

And no, I do not like Crash Bandicoot Online…

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

we get it, you hate GW. thats fine, but is there really any other point to your posts in this thread?

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

So what? Too bad you can’t see beyond the art style. We know GW2’s artstyle doesn’t make it good.

I must say that as much as I am highly disappointed in the DIRECTION that GW2 has taken the graphics are far superior, stunning and detailed than any game on the market today and yes looks are what keeps me playing GW2.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

The Revenant.4970

Art-style can easily make a game good…

I don’t know wth you play video games for if you can’t appreciate the multiple facets of them. If you want only a story, read a book. If you want only graphics, watch a movie. If you want only a competition, play a sport.

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Had my first solid playsession in WS aswell this weekend.

+ I personally dont mind the traditional questing system that much. Its different enough when compared to wow for example to keep my interest untill max level.

+ The dungeons seem to be one of the biggest upsides in this game. Challenging and well thought out mechanics wise.

+ Its a really complete MMO for one that isnt released yet. Probs the most release ready beta ive been in over the last 10 years.

- While i liked the telegraph system in soloplay, it seemed like a big clusterkitten in pvp. Hard to read telegraphs if the entire floor is filled with red and green shapes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yKwVX089Rs#t=150 In fights like the ones you can see in this video, the only thing you end up doing is running where the least amount of red is. I prefer a system where you react to specific abbilities instead.

It might get better at end game tho, well see. I pre ordered it and if the pvp ends up being a spammy nightmare i can always unsub after the first month.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

GW2 is just a casual grindy game with no proper endgame or challanges.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

I was going to try wildstar because all the trailers had such personalities to it. but i read the reviews for it, just make me wanna turn away from trying wildstar. Might just stick to gw2 for a while longer.

Posted by: Hopeless.5403

Hopeless.5403

Yea, I checked out the website and I wasn’t impressed. I wish AreaNet put that money into GW instead.

Dark Catalyst.1028

Pretty much. You forgot to mention the cash shop though, where you can buy skins that should’ve been obtainable in game, and cosplay in the LA chat room with your friends.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Now, before you yell at me, I’m saying ‘you’ are saying this, but it seems like when I see wording like this ‘in general’, it’s usually talking about.

‘shallow combat’: We want the Trinity back (and gear inspecting would be nice too) so we can get back to creating our little in game niche societies where we only let worthy people play with us, and only if we tell you how to play when playing with us (you are the healer; you are the tank) and we will tell you when it’s your fault that nothing worked properly (you didn’t tank right; you didn’t heal right).

‘content that is unrewarding’: …and once you get the Trinity back so we can start divvying up the appropriate star for each starbelly sneetch in the game, now please make all ‘good’ content (don’t worry, we’ll send you a list of what ‘good’ is) instanced for 5 person groups, with only the best rewards available in the hardest versions of those instances, and never available through other avenues (DEs, world events, living story, champion bags, personal story, gathering, etc), and ‘that’ will be rewarding content!

Voila!

It seems like there’s lots of stuff to do. Seems like there’s lots of fun stuff to do.

Though, if my aim was to make my perfect MMO a place where super hard instanced 5-person dungeons was the only place to get nice things, so only 1% of the population that could achieve such a feat are the only people that could acquire them, and all you ‘lesser’ folks (that ‘enjoy’ the rest of whatever that is) can’t, well then I guess that’s shallow combat and unrewarding content.

Again, not you, just always ‘seems’ like that’s what is being hinted at when I see phrases like this. Reminiscent of Republi-speak phrases you hear on certain news channels which serve as code.

Never understood why folks would want an MMO that functions like the world in that way, where ‘winning’ is measured not so much by what one has achieved, but by what one has that others don’t, or can’t, have. A virtual world has benefit of being able to make the pie bigger.

Or is that all the better we are? If so, it might be time to let the bees have a whack at it.

The Revenant.4970

Pretty much. You forgot to mention the cash shop though, where you can buy skins that should’ve been obtainable in game, and cosplay in the LA chat room with your friends.

So first you’ll moan and groan that the content is too hard. Then you’ll moan and groan that there is no proper endgame (despite fractals, dungeons, WvW, PvP, Living Story) and claim there are no ‘challanges’

It’s challenges btw.

Posted by: Gery.2718

Gery.2718

This 2 videos prove that large scale battles only sound good on paper, in reality they’re just terrible in video games.

The Revenant.4970

This 2 videos prove that large scale battles only sound good on paper, in reality they’re just terrible in video games.

I wouldn’t say they are terrible. They can be very fun diversions, but as far as competition for finding ‘the best’ players, it’s gibberish.

Posted by: Deadplanet.3810

Deadplanet.3810

I tried Wildstar for a total of 10 minutes, never even making it out of the tutorial.
- the steering felt completely wrong
- the graphics felt old and way worse then GW2 or even WoW
- the quests… I don`t think I can ever go back to that

Might be a good game, but not my cup of tea.

nGumball.1283

WoW is a hard-core grindy game with forceable endgame, no combat, no exploration and mounts etc. to purchase even-though it is pay to play.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Seeing Wildstar and then also Everquest Next take that particular tac when it comes to graphics in a game makes me wonder if there is some trend forming.

In spite of all the problems I have with GW2, I put it at the top of my list for looks, along with Rift. These two games are the most beautiful I’ve come across as far as graphics go (though i’d have to say I like the character faces more in Rift).

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

WoW is a hard-core grindy game with forceable endgame, no combat, no exploration and mounts etc. to purchase even-though it is pay to play.

Wow is less grindy then GW2 currently.

In Wow I gear a character in fully tiered current raid gear in less then half the time it would take me to craft one ascended set. Wow as it stands right now is the most casual friendly game on the market.

Wow has more exploration then GW2 but also is no different. After you go through all the zones there is no reason to do it again on another character unless you want to. All games suffer from that. The only difference is currently GW2 makes you do it multiple times – Wow does not.

You can purchase mounts if you desire in Wow or get them in game. How is that different then our Gem Shop where you can purchase gold to purchase skins on the TP, or use said gold to buy mats to make gear such as ascended?

It’s obvious you dislike Wow and it’s mechanics, but realize this you are truly in the minority. As it stands Wow’s player base still is larger then all other current AAA mmorpgs combined.

You may not like the game but at least get the facts straight.

GW2 is a decent game , but quite frankly as much as I may like the game it will not have the lifespan wow has had if it keeps on it’s current path.

A lot can be said about the above comment…..

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

So, I tried Wildstar this weekend and I felt like mehh… I went back to playing GW2 instead and played PVP and forgot about why I stopped playing Solo ranked and hit the Join button to queue. I also loved WvW raids more.

*GW2 has crispier graphics.
*Quests are better in GW2 imho
*Better PVP style for ranked and open world. Battle is three way and not between 2 factions.
*The telegraphs are ok but I liked how GW2 requires you to keep track of the opponent and see his status/buffs or the animation when to cast a skill or anticipate things given the circumstances. It makes dodging easy tho.
*Weapons are more flashy in GW2.
*Combo fields for sustain and damage seems like a funkier way to play open world combat.
*WS just simply looked like WoW with space/galactic theme.
*Finishers are awesome.

I felt like I am not ready to shell out or farm for 15$ to pay for the monthly sub.

Any opinions?

GW2 and Wildstar have very different graphics. That is personal taste really, I too prefer GW2 graphics (pre-gem shop). But given the games as they are now I would choose Wildstar. There are no clowns, no butterfly fairy wings, no cartoon weapons, and no plushie backpacks in wildstar, so in the end the aesthetic appeal of wildstar wins.

There are no quests in GW2, there are hearts. Hearts contain no real story and generally involve running around spamming F for 5 minutes. I don’t see how that is superior to varied story driven challenging quest lines, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

You are downright delusional if you think ranked PvP is better in GW2 than in Wildstar. There is no balance to speak of, only 1 game mode, and progression at all in GW2 PvP. Wildstar boasts 3 different ranked game modes, better ranking system, progression, and more tactical combat with varied roles. Open world PvP wasn’t available in the beta weekend due to the restricted level cap, so you are just talking out of your butt here. I agree that 3-way PvP is probably more fun, but you can’t actually know that yet.

Keep track of your opponents? See his status/buffs? Are you sure you are playing GW2? In the GW2 that I play you stack in a blob and spam 1 until the target dies, there is no keeping track or monitoring buffs at all. Contrast that to wildstar where those things are actually important, like interrupting bosses, debuffing, etc.

I’d love to see you actually compare level 17 weapons in Wildstar to the equivalent level 27 weapons in GW2 and tell me which ones are more flashy…

I wish combo fields were more important in GW2, I do like them.

This is back to the graphics again I guess. The only thing Wildstar and WoW have in common are the cartoon graphics style and the fact that they are both MMO’s.

Finishers are terrible… they ruin PvP and are annoying in PvE.

I’m not actually convinced you played Wildstar…

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

For those of you who have played Wildstar, could you please answer the following questions:

1. What is the PvP like, compared to GWII? Is everyone on the same level with the same gear and skills, and can I level up in it?

2. How does the combat feel, compared to GWII? Is it dynamic, fast-phased and varied?

3. What is the transmutation and dye system like, compared to GWII?

4. What are the quests and dynamic events like, compared to GWII?

5. Can you play any way you want while being properly rewarded, like in GWII?
By that I mean quests, events, PvP, exploration etc.

6. Is there a holy trinity, or is it free of roles like in GWII?

I am very interested in Wildstar but I haven’t been able to dig up much information about it. Guess I haven’t looked in the right places.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

I played Wildstar quite a bit.

It’s combat system is basically GW2.0 with a trinity and MUCH MUCH more indepth.

Honestly, The objective feeling I personally got is that Wildstar is what I wished GW2 was.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

For the people fighting over what game is better. Just copy and paste this line to each other until personal attacks are used or someone uses a clever one liner and blocks the other person before they can reply.

“You are wrong, my opinion of the game is right and you are not allow to view it any other way but mine.”

The Revenant.4970

In Wow I gear a character in fully tiered current raid gear in less then half the time it would take me to craft one ascended set. Wow as it stands right now is the most casual friendly game on the market.

Oh you can get the top tier gear real fast you say? Ohh woooowwww. 3 months from now you’ll have to do it again. 3 months later? again. 3 months after that? Again.

It’s obvious you like Wow. So play WoW.

nGumball.1283

Wow has more exploration then GW2 but also is no different. After you go through all the zones there is no reason to do it again on another character unless you want to. All games suffer from that. The only difference is currently GW2 makes you do it multiple times – Wow does not.

You can purchase mounts if you desire in Wow or get them in game. How is that different then our Gem Shop where you can purchase gold to purchase skins on the TP, or use said gold to buy mats to make gear such as ascended?

It’s obvious you dislike Wow and it’s mechanics, but realize this you are truly in the minority. As it stands Wow’s player base still is larger then all other current AAA mmorpgs combined.

You may not like the game but at least get the facts straight.

GW2 is a decent game , but quite frankly as much as I may like the game it will not have the lifespan wow has had if it keeps on it’s current path.

A lot can be said about the above comment…..

1. GW2’s grinding is for 1 set of gear while WoW releases new ones all the time basically, not to mention the fact that they are required for the next content unlike GW.

2. My mount comment was in response to the TP one, you are just qouting sentences out of contex.

3. WoWdoesn’t have more exploration than GW2, just because the world is huge doesn’t mean you can do anything.

4. I don’t dislike a game that I played since vanilla until Wotlk. I lost interest when the original warcraft story was over however none can say WoW wasn’t great and it still is however, my years there were enough more or less and it was time to go on. No there will never be a game as successful as WoW however, meaning GW2 is a failure because of that, is also a misconception.

There isn’t any compitive game in the market atm and WoW have been there for too long. People who like that style will play it, and people who doesn’t may play this. There is no point of arguing about how trash GW2 because WoW is too great cause there is as many flaws in GW2 as in WoW.

Also, just because WoW community want WoW.2 like Wildstar, doesn’t mean the MMO-industry should respond and Anet should make GW2 like that. GW2 won’t be as successful as WoW however hoping Wildstart or ESO of getting close is nothing but a joke.

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

1. At least it has endgame.

2. combat is respective to the user. Opinions vary. However, combat in GW2 is absolutely face roll and requires little to no coordination (outside of sPvP). Everything in the game can be done with just 1 set of gear (zerker) that has not changed. There is little to no gear diversity in any mode of PvE

3.There is no exploration in GW2 either. You get your map completed (took me 1 week for PvE and a few days for WvW maps) And you will never go to those portions in the map ever again unless they give it meaninful content. Vast majority of the population is in frostgorge/queensdale zerging or vigil keep. I’m not sure what exploration you are talking about here. Also, who cares? If you wanna really explore and be immersed, go play Skyrim. This is an MMO.

4. Mounts – again opinion based. some ppl like it some don’t. Meh personally. has no real impact on a successful MMO or not.

5. WoW will always have more users than GW2. Just a fact. It’s dwindling no doubt, but you are sadly mistaken if you think GW2 is even close to their current population…..Theres quite a few dead servers here in gw2.

The good thing about GW2 is i don’t feel pressured to keep playing…. no sub so its nice to have that luxury to come back whenever I feel like the game will be worth my time

However, you are crazy if you don’t believe the releases of ESO/Wildstar/EQN and even Diablo 3 xpac will not have an impact on GW2 population….

At the moment, I personally don’t feel like theres a reason to keep playing (besides WvW season…or until they announce actual meaningful content additions to the game

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I wish the Wildstar team the best of luck with their game, but good god have I never been so bored quickly with an online game before. There seems to be alot of similarities with GW2 (intentional or not) but the one thing they should have done was ditch the traditional quests and go with the GW2 model. I’d rather have GW2 in space than WoW in space.

That’s the same problem I found with Wildstar. It’s a solid game but it’s the same old same old. There’s really not much there in a fundamental level which it can call its own, and the art style really looks very generic. It almost has Pixar’s charm to it but falls flat on glare and soul.

I guess it can call its humorous tone it’s own, but for me, it’s rather slapstick and makes me facepalm instead of laugh. I guess I liked TSW’s dark and witty humor, which not everyone liked so perhaps that’s just me.

The biggest thing that’s interesting for me about WS however, is that in terms if ideas, content and artsyle, it practically declares war on WoW. That’s a very tough enemy to fight against, especially for a previously unheard of studio.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

I haven’t played WoW in several years, but when comparing gear, everyone seems to compare ascended to casual LFR gear in WoW, when that’s comparable to exotics. Ascended is comparable to 25 man heroic raid gear in WoW, something casual players used to never be able to obtain.

When factoring all the gearing up and preparation required to even do 25 man heroics for the first time, and the fact that in 3-6 months a new one comes out, WoW has a much more active gear grind than Gw2. Gearing up alts is easier in WoW however, since you can just get carried through.