So SAB is ending soon, what's next?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: maniamsmart.7981

maniamsmart.7981

Just out of curiosity, since Super Adventure Box is ending soon, what do you think is going to be in the next patch… or what IS going to be in the next patch?

I know that the old World vs World map is going to come back, I know that Scribing prices are going down, and that’s all I really know.

Anyone else know more?

Thanks.

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

wow, nailing the coffin so early
it’s got almost a week left
30% of its duration still left to go

next patch I hear has a small update to fractals

maniamsmart.7981

wow, nailing the coffin so early
it’s got almost a week left
30% of its duration still left to go

next patch I hear has a small update to fractals

Wouldn’t say nailing the coffin, I’m enjoying SAB a lot, was just curious :P

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Theories for the next patch. We know some changes are coming to WvW or a beta test of some kind. We know that scribing costs are changing. We know that changes are being made to the HOT zones to make them more appealing to people who can’t spend two hours to do a meta. We know there will be some changes to Fractals.

We have very little specifics. I don’t think we can expect new content but I bet there’s a boatload of changes to existing content to make it more accessible to more people.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

They’ve been surprisingly tight-lipped about what’s coming in the next patch. We know they’re going to be making a boatload of corrective changes (cheaper scribing, reversion to Alpine Borderlands, something to make HoT less time-intensive,) but it’s unknown whether there will be any new content, or even new non-content features, like the (pending) LFG tool update.

I want to be excited, but there’s not much to go on. I’m glad for the corrective changes, but it’s going to be a long time until next quarter, and LS3 doesn’t sound like it’ll start for a while yet.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Vayne.8563

They’ve been surprisingly tight-lipped about what’s coming in the next patch. We know they’re going to be making a boatload of corrective changes (cheaper scribing, reversion to Alpine Borderlands, something to make HoT less time-intensive,) but it’s unknown whether there will be any new content, or even new non-content features, like the (pending) LFG tool update.

I want to be excited, but there’s not much to go on. I’m glad for the corrective changes, but it’s going to be a long time until next quarter, and LS3 doesn’t sound like it’ll start for a while yet.

Actually they said directly that Alpine Borderlands will NOT be coming in this patch.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

whats next? something not as good as sab.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Ah, right, so they did. I don’t WvW, so I have to admit I don’t follow its news closely. Aren’t we expecting some changes to population balance, the Alpine Borderlands, and some kind of beta testing feature in the near future, if not in the next patch?

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

They are doing something or other to address issues with HoT open world content, betas for WvW coming, Alpine Border Lands to come back at a later date. Oh, and a third raid wing at some point too.

That is about all we know for official sources, they are being quite cagey about this April update the bottom line seems to be address issues with HoT, but there is barely any context to that statement either. Hero Points and Adventures will likely see changes, but that is all in terms of specifics if you can call them that.

There isn’t a whole lot to look forward to if you aren’t playing WvW or waiting for more raid content if you ask me. Or really want a legendary shortbow but don’t like rainbows.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Just out of curiosity, since Super Adventure Box is ending soon, what do you think is going to be in the next patch… or what IS going to be in the next patch?

I know that the old World vs World map is going to come back

Not in the next patch.

maniamsmart.7981

What about the dungeon nerf revert?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

They’ll tell us the patch’s date tomorrow. Maybe some hints of what will be in it but apparently we are back to finding out what’s coming once it smacks us in the face. I could be misreading that, we’ll find out in the announcement.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Upcoming-changes-in-Spring-Quarterly-Update/page/7#post6095601

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Eh hopefully something for people who don’t do fractals or raids….

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

+1 to this..

Vayne.8563

They’re fixing some of the flaws that affect people with less time/casuals in the HoT maps. They’re making some changes to Fractals. They may be changing the dungeon rewards. That’s all the stuff we can expect in this update. That and the WvW changes anyway.

Ellie.5913

They’re fixing some of the flaws that affect people with less time/casuals in the HoT maps. They’re making some changes to Fractals. They may be changing the dungeon rewards. That’s all the stuff we can expect in this update. That and the WvW changes anyway.

Eh nothing that would benefit me then, but if it helps others to enjoy the game better good

Vayne.8563

Eh nothing that would benefit me then, but if it helps others to enjoy the game better good

I also forget the scribing changes. This update is going to be really good for me, because though I enjoy HoT, it really is too grindy. Anet has acknowledged this. They said that they wanted people with different play styles, including people who have less time, to be able to play and enjoy HoT.

Presumably that means making it so you don’t have to complete metas to make progress, and possibly increasing loot/rewards for things other than just doing the meta. That’s my take on it anyway.

I’m pretty excited about it.

Ellie.5913

I just want my simple yet fun key farming back(which would also give me something to do with my thousands of tomes of knowledge that I have no use for,& something to do with my extra character slot & digital deluxe upgrade that I bought for the golem banker that I bought for the sole purpose of key farming) and also more viable builds and classes to play in pvp since it is sooooo boring playing the same class and build as everyone else but if you don’t then you get yelled at, harassed and called a noob. Also it would be nice if we could separate solo players from team players again & remove mmr from the matchmaking equation so fair & fun matches would be possible again and it would actually feel like a competition rather than a slaughter fest. Also a few nice bikini/loin cloth outfits & another dance book with gw1 dances added to the gem store would be a great addition for fun-ness (I don’t feel like I’m asking for too much)

(edited by Ellie.5913)

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Doubt it. In the AMA (iirc) they basically said LS3 isn’t coming till after the third wing and thats not supposed be out till May/June (I think).

My theory is another content drought till raid wing 3 is out or until till LS3 (for those of us that don’t raid), though ANet could prove me wrong…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

maniamsmart.7981

And the sneak peak they just released doesn’t give us much info either.

I saw the legendary short bow probably, some new gem store wings probably, and Megadestroyer update (read in the comments somewhere)?

Posted by: eNeRgOo.5463

eNeRgOo.5463

What’s next?
My dear lovely friend! Of course three long years of moaning for SAB coming back, and April Gatherings each year around the box to yell at map chat SAB.
Lovely! Isn’kitten < this forum made ‘IS NOT IT’ to kitten… great!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

And the sneak peak they just released doesn’t give us much info either.

I saw the legendary short bow probably, some new gem store wings probably, and Megadestroyer update (read in the comments somewhere)?

Those weren’t gem store wings, they were the legendary back piece. People who make it will get a glider skin to match.