So.....celestial gear?

So.....celestial gear?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

This gear is kind of bad isn’t it?

I mean..you have to sacrifice offensive stats for some defensive stats if your a beserker and you have to sacrifice defensive stats for some offensive stats if your the tanky prefix.

Not really worth it is it?

unless of course the inscription boosts it up high enough to be legit

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

magic find wvw gear.

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: Zil.3071

Zil.3071

its not bad, its optional. some builds excel on this stat combination.

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

Think about ele and engineers.

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

And guardians, to some extent.

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

The helm is very worth it if u are using knights gear regardless of build. its -12 to Power and Precision and the toughness minus is balanced out with vit plus and you gain 3% crit damage.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Name one

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: Naginto.4597

Naginto.4597

It’ll replace MF gear for players secondary armor sets. That way it will provide less of a performance hit when you breeze through PVE. No biggie.

80 Ranger / 80 Mesmer
80 Engineer / 80 Guardian
80 Necro / 80 Thief

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

I think that it’ll be popular among Elementalists.

Attunements make Eles so versatile that Celestial helps them in many ways.
Fire and Earth attunement both benefit from Power and Condition damage quite a bit and Water Attunement has Healing skills.
Vitality and Toughness are useful to them for obvious reasons…
Low health, low armor value.

Of course if they are just farming CoF then Zerker is most likely the way to go.

Benight[Edge]

So.....celestial gear?

Khal Drogo.9631

The conversion rate is ridiculously long though. Do the math – a full set takes 5×6= 30 days approx 1 month. Sneaky way to get people just to log in even if they are not going to do their daily.

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The conversion rate is ridiculously long though. Do the math – a full set takes 5×6= 30 days approx 1 month. Sneaky way to get people just to log in even if they are not going to do their daily.

Is it sneaky? I thought it was quite obvious. lol

So.....celestial gear?

Forestnator.6298

Name one

1) D/D eles.
2) R/nodefighter engineers.
3) some more.

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

And guardians, to some extent.

No, and not to any extent.
There is not one viable guardian build where this kit could be considered better, or even useful, compared to what is currently in game.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

What do you think of celestial on Ranger, Bri?

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Chopps, rangers are in such a state that it makes little difference what kit one uses …

Having said that, I won’t be crafting medium celestial anytime soon …

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

So.....celestial gear?

Chopps.5047

Yet somehow I own wvw with my ranger. Guys—listen up! Didn’t you know your profession is better than ranger? WHY YOU LET ME WIN??

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

What is celestial gear?

I only logged in for 5 minutes total this week to check out changes and logged out.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

So.....celestial gear?

Chopps.5047

All stats my man. Like the old triforge pendant or now the trinkets (syzrgy, solaria, lunaria, ancient mursaaat token, rune of divinity etc)

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Stats specifically for WvW? Meaning, if you want to be competitive, get celestial?

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

So.....celestial gear?

Chopps.5047

Not at all! It’s just the new thing to do. Plus, I’m on a mission to get every stat combo for ranger and then make a build for every combo that gets me kills. It’s a proof of concept approach to gaming.

You are free to do as you please, however, note that aquisition of the inscriptions needed to craft a full set (armorsmithing 400) takes about 1 month due to time gating.

By no means is celestial required. A good player could win fights using masterwork gear because skill and build matter more than overall stats.

So.....celestial gear?

Khal Drogo.9631

Not at all! It’s just the new thing to do. Plus, I’m on a mission to get every stat combo for ranger and then make a build for every combo that gets me kills. It’s a proof of concept approach to gaming.

You are free to do as you please, however, note that aquisition of the inscriptions needed to craft a full set (armorsmithing 400) takes about 1 month due to time gating.

By no means is celestial required. A good player could win fights using masterwork gear because skill and build matter more than overall stats.

Lag aka latency matters the most. Even in a dungeon, I press a skill and wait for the skill to pop and nothing.

So.....celestial gear?

Chopps.5047

I was blessed with a good internet connection. Afaik I only lag skills like a 3 way garri fight or world boss. Then all you can really do is autoattack. In fact, it’s hard just to drop a healing sprin in that lag. I wonder if anet is trying to work on that

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Celestial sucks.

Sure “stat combos”, but even then it should only ever be a mix of Berserker/Rampagers, which can be fixed by taking Berserker stats on ascended items and Rampagers on exotics. Taking Celestial just makes the player lose the useful stats in exchange for some crap like healing power or vitality which are NEVER useful.

Disclaimer: I talk in a PvE environment only.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

So.....celestial gear?

Khal Drogo.9631

Celestial sucks.

Sure “stat combos”, but even then it should only ever be a mix of Berserker/Rampagers, which can be fixed by taking Berserker stats on ascended items and Rampagers on exotics. Taking Celestial just makes the player lose the useful stats in exchange for some crap like healing power or vitality which are NEVER useful.

Not if u are running on low HP classes. Its ok to admit that despite your best efforts, u get multi-aggroed and stun locked and out of breakers and have to rely on your health or that little bit of health helps u survive a one shot. If you do the simple math, crit damage trade-off on helm, chest and leggings are the worst ratios for crit damage.

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Some builds can use this combination. i don’t think there’s even one that excels on it.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

So.....celestial gear?

Forestnator.6298

Some builds can use this combination. i don’t think there’s even one that excels on it.

Again: get a D/D ele in pvp and take celestial. It’s strong. It excels. Some high rank pvp players favour celestial on them. Same for Engineer: any pvp rifle build apart from SD (which has no use in tpvp) excels with celestial.

Both are not underdogs. They are on top of pvp builds.

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: Kharel Arhew.1437

Kharel Arhew.1437

There’s a number of builds that I can see using it. I’ve personally seen ele, ranger, engineer, guardian, and necro builds that can make very effective use of celestial gear, mostly in WvW or other similar scenarios. Since the total stat allocation via celestial gear is much higher (and note, that’s ignoring the magic find), it frees up points from traits/runes/sigils to be used for specific effects, rather than stats, while maintaining effectiveness in other areas.

So, allow me to provide an example I’ve been tinkering with: http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/elementalist/?1.0|b.0.h1i.8.0.h5|0.0.0.0.0.0|0.7g.0.7g.0.71.0.71.0.7i.0.7i|0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.2s.0|k57.a3.0.f5.p56|30.d|1m.20.1u.24.29|e

Since this builder doesn’t have celestial armor yet, I left off armor/trinkets. For a full set of celestial, put in 436 for power, precision, condi damage, toughness, vitality, and healing power, 58 for critical damage, and 44 for magic find. Taking into account the sigil of Corruption, add another 250 condi damage (686 total). You can also assume the presence of around 12 stacks of might and around 50% fury uptime. Two stunbreaks (editor is missing the stunbreaks added to the glyph and signet in the recent balance patch). You apply conditions with massive duration constantly, no matter what you’re doing. Attunement swapping poisons on next attack. 30% chance to burn on crit, with roughly 33% crit chance (not including fury). High bleed applications in earth (3 stacks for a very substantial duration on autoattack, Churning Earth applies 8 stacks). 30% chance to apply either more huge-duration burning (or a long-duration debilitating condition on hit) thanks to Glyph of Elemental Power. It looks almost like a condi build…

And yet, it deals unignorable direct damage: 73% crit damage is reminiscent of a berserker build, the 33% crit chance (boosted to 53% much of the time) is significant enough to apply the high crit damage consistently, and power, while not high by berserker standards, is at least significant (and is further boosted by might, as is condition damage).

Defensively, healing power helps out all of our various heals: Glyph of Elemental Harmony alone gives us over 50% regeneration uptime (if used consistently in water) and scales with a .75 ratio on the direct heal; Cleansing Wave, Water Trident, and Healing Ripple all get a nice 1.0 scaling ratio. Even Soothing Mist gets a tiny ratio (.05 per second, for an extra 29 health/second). While not exactly bunkerish, we also get enough health and armor to soak up a few hits, with over 19% damage reduction via toughness, and over 16,500 health.

You cannot replicate these stats to this extent without celestial gear. You can debate the build’s effectiveness all you want (I’ve found it remarkably effective in small-group combat in WvW), but you cannot ignore the fact that if an opponent has a weakness, this build can find and exploit it. Vulnerable to kiting? Meet perma-cripple. Burst damage? Say hello to constant weakness, significant self-healing, kiting, and significant return burst damage. Forget your condi removal? You’ll get beaten down by conditions. Left your toughness weak? Burst damage via crits will make you wish you hadn’t.

Is it as good for PvE, where direct damage reigns supreme and ‘zerker is often considered the only way to be effective? No, not necessarily, though it’ll still have a blast (pun completely intended). The build isn’t minmaxed for any one thing, and Celestial fits that ethos perfectly.

(edited by Kharel Arhew.1437)

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

This is going to be an awesome replacement for my MF gear…..for other stuff, meh. Either way, I like it & will be working on a set for myself.

So.....celestial gear?

Forestnator.6298

[…] The build isn’t minmaxed for any one thing, and Celestial fits that ethos perfectly.

This.

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

Yeah, I’d like a set for PvE stuff too. I think it would be a lot of fun and let me use some interesting options in my trait trees etc that I would otherwise have to sacrifice for the sake of a more specific build.

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

There’s a number of builds that I can see using it. I’ve personally seen ele, ranger, engineer, guardian, and necro builds that can make very effective use of celestial gear, mostly in WvW or other similar scenarios. Since the total stat allocation via celestial gear is much higher (and note, that’s ignoring the magic find), it frees up points from traits/runes/sigils to be used for specific effects, rather than stats, while maintaining effectiveness in other areas.

So, allow me to provide an example I’ve been tinkering with: http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/elementalist/?1.0|b.0.h1i.8.0.h5|0.0.0.0.0.0|0.7g.0.7g.0.71.0.71.0.7i.0.7i|0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.2s.0|k57.a3.0.f5.p56|30.d|1m.20.1u.24.29|e

Since this builder doesn’t have celestial armor yet, I left off armor/trinkets. For a full set of celestial, put in 436 for power, precision, condi damage, toughness, vitality, and healing power, 58 for critical damage, and 44 for magic find. Taking into account the sigil of Corruption, add another 250 condi damage (686 total). You can also assume the presence of around 12 stacks of might and around 50% fury uptime. Two stunbreaks (editor is missing the stunbreaks added to the glyph and signet in the recent balance patch). You apply conditions with massive duration constantly, no matter what you’re doing. Attunement swapping poisons on next attack. 30% chance to burn on crit, with roughly 33% crit chance (not including fury). High bleed applications in earth (3 stacks for a very substantial duration on autoattack, Churning Earth applies 8 stacks). 30% chance to apply either more huge-duration burning (or a long-duration debilitating condition on hit) thanks to Glyph of Elemental Power. It looks almost like a condi build…

And yet, it deals unignorable direct damage: 73% crit damage is reminiscent of a berserker build, the 33% crit chance (boosted to 53% much of the time) is significant enough to apply the high crit damage consistently, and power, while not high by berserker standards, is at least significant (and is further boosted by might, as is condition damage).

Defensively, healing power helps out all of our various heals: Glyph of Elemental Harmony alone gives us over 50% regeneration uptime (if used consistently in water) and scales with a .75 ratio on the direct heal; Cleansing Wave, Water Trident, and Healing Ripple all get a nice 1.0 scaling ratio. Even Soothing Mist gets a tiny ratio (.05 per second, for an extra 29 health/second). While not exactly bunkerish, we also get enough health and armor to soak up a few hits, with over 19% damage reduction via toughness, and over 16,500 health.

You cannot replicate these stats to this extent without celestial gear. You can debate the build’s effectiveness all you want (I’ve found it remarkably effective in small-group combat in WvW), but you cannot ignore the fact that if an opponent has a weakness, this build can find and exploit it. Vulnerable to kiting? Meet perma-cripple. Burst damage? Say hello to constant weakness, significant self-healing, kiting, and significant return burst damage. Forget your condi removal? You’ll get beaten down by conditions. Left your toughness weak? Burst damage via crits will make you wish you hadn’t.

Is it as good for PvE, where direct damage reigns supreme and ‘zerker is often considered the only way to be effective? No, not necessarily, though it’ll still have a blast (pun completely intended). The build isn’t minmaxed for any one thing, and Celestial fits that ethos perfectly.

Positively orgasmic. My ele is in heaven just thinking about it, and it works wonders for how I play, as I don’t specialize. I tend to be healing my teammates as much as I’m throwing out offensive/defensive boons, and doing damage.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

Again: get a D/D ele in pvp and take celestial. It’s strong. It excels. Some high rank pvp players favour celestial on them. Same for Engineer: any pvp rifle build apart from SD (which has no use in tpvp) excels with celestial.

Both are not underdogs. They are on top of pvp builds.

The reason We D/D take celestial in PvP is because we cannot fine-tune our gear like we can in PvE with 30% this set 50% that set and 20% another. That is why we don’t wear celestial trinkets in PvE even though we could already fully wear ~50%(I think its actually 48.2%) of our stats as ascended celestial even before before this patch. Celestial only got major use because of the gearing limitations in sPvP not because it’s actually good.

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: Baladir.2736

Baladir.2736

You can get more of everything, without Celestial gear. The advantage of Celestial is simply the ability to get high amounts of magic find without sacrificing another stat too much. If a player is interested in only in stats and not magic find, he is far better off mixing and matching other gear. That is not to say a piece or two isn’t helpful in filling out a build, but full Celestial? At the end of a build with that, add up all the stats and the total points are simply not there. Magic Find eats up too much.

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

Personally, I think it’s better to mix armor stats than to be an “All in one” gear.

Take for example, I wear berserker’s set gear, but I wear different trinkets according to best survivability. Such as Valkyrie for damage + Vit. Clerics for tough + Healing. Or even PVT trinkets.

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

So.....celestial gear?

Forestnator.6298

You can get more of everything, without Celestial gear. The advantage of Celestial is simply the ability to get high amounts of magic find without sacrificing another stat too much. If a player is interested in only in stats and not magic find, he is far better off mixing and matching other gear. That is not to say a piece or two isn’t helpful in filling out a build, but full Celestial? At the end of a build with that, add up all the stats and the total points are simply not there. Magic Find eats up too much.

No you can’t. Pls do math before talking kitten.

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I think it’s amusing that people say that PvE is faceroll easy and then decry something that is totally balanced as terrible. How can anything be terrible in a faceroll easy game?
I’m seriously considering this set for my Engie, Guard, and Ele. I just wnat to mix things up. It will also be nice to have a jack of all trades set once they implement the ability to save builds. If you want to sacrifice a fun way to play because your friends demand zerker in pve, what’s the point of playing?

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

[…] The build isn’t minmaxed for any one thing, and Celestial fits that ethos perfectly.

This.

Technically it’s maxed on MF and Critdamage.

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: Baladir.2736

Baladir.2736

No you can’t. Pls do math before talking kitten.

Yes I can. I did it long ago. I have every classification of gear on my ele and some of every stat. He is not min maxed. He fits my playstyle having just the balance of toughness and vitality I need to survive. I depend on vigor trait a great deal for defense and built enough crit chance to proc that reliably and in fact also give a proper balance of crit chance and crit damage which provides the majority of my dps. See chart:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Critical_hit

My condition damage and healing power is just where I want it. In parties with condition damage maxed on a target, I still see my condition damage tick.

I was able, with difficulty, to incorporate the ascended gear which does not give nearly the customization options of exotic gear plus jewels.

Balance does not mean every stat is the same lol. That is not balance because every stat does not have the same weight. That is why celestial does not represent balance. I do not want similar numbers for power and vitality and toughness. That does not give my character balance. Critical damage without proper amounts of critical chance is wasted. The few previous posts that claim such cool stats do so only after adding in all kinds of stats from “other” stuff to get to where a decent built starts. Add the “other” stuff into a decent build and the results are much better.

I Have done the math. I know on my elementalist the trade off on condition vs. direct damage vs. critical damage for the skills and weapons I use. I know the dimishing returns and when to stop putting points into those stats. Power, vitality, toughness, condition damage, healing power, precision, and critical chance are not equal stat point to stat point to one another.

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Celestial sucks.

And this proves you’re a bad player.

If this is “PvE only” then there’s only one right answer: Berserker.

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

Celestial sucks.

I would like to see a full berserker team do FotM 48+ effectively, efficiently, and with 0 deaths.

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Celestial sucks.

I would like to see a full berserker team do FotM 48+ effectively, efficiently, and with 0 deaths.

They do, it’s called take 2 guardians and call me in the morning.

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

Celestial sucks.

> getting carried by 2 guardians in FOTM48

come talk to me when you can do it without them and I’ll take you seriously

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Celestial sucks.

I have friends who do lvl70+, full berserker. What you have to realize, is that eventually, everything will 1-2 shot you, regardless of gear. Your best choice is to attempt to kill enemies before they can hit you with their big attacks. The reality in PvE, is that defensive stats are worthless ONCE you have good understanding about the games, and your classes mechanics. Berserker is the best at this. Celestial gives you stats which in high-end PvE, aren’t effective.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Celestial sucks.

can you do high fotm without guards? how do you make up for not having really long projectile reflection/nullification? reroll to swamp, water + 3rd? a guard just makes it 5638105x easier.

cant take you seriously.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Name one

If you were a d/d elementalist who kept up with the profession and the better players you would find players using all-stat trinkets.

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: Wryog.5073

Wryog.5073

I don’t remember seeing a lot of celestial amulet users in PvP. Maybe that’s just a lack of experience in the mists though.
Anyway, I(1400+ hours on my ele, full ascended and mainly do WvW) personally don’t see the point in using celestial on an ele. The crit damage and magic find are nice but overall it feels like it lacks a lot. The lack of defensive stats makes it hard to use with 10k base HP and light armor and it isn’t burst enough to make up for it. The condition damage is useless unless you can keep yourself up. The only place I can imagine it being used in WvW is with staff.
I think we closed the case on PvE and celestial :P

Wryog [WBC] – elementalist
Gunnar’s Hold

So.....celestial gear?

Khal Drogo.9631

Celestial sucks.

2 Guardians in full berzerker as well? They will get downed easily by the numerous normal mobs unless you are in a guild team that plays together all the time and coordinate your attacks.

Yeah I want to see 5 warriors take on the Fire Shaman. Should be a piece of cake right?

So.....celestial gear?

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

As a staff ele, I looked into celestial and as I can craft a full set, I totalled up the numbers and compared to my current gear.

I found celestial to be overall worse than the items I actually had and that the gain in the new stats really didn’t make up for that which was lost overall.

Celestial really needs to offer a lot more in terms of stat points. The numbers are just too low to make it all round effective.