So now you cater to the 1%?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

Am I misunderstanding something? Don’t you have to be physically in the tournament as well for a chance to win and get the reward?

Yes,

Also travel, sponsorship, and real world money obligations. People that say “skill based” and “git gud and climb the ranks” are trolls that really have no idea what they are talking about. Anet isn’t paying for these people to fly to all these countries. This armor will be out of reach for 99.99% of players no matter how hard you pvp at home.

That being said. I am sure that its the same armor everyone will be able to earn on the track but with some kind of effect or trim added to it, and you will probably never see these people in game. I don’t think Anet would expense the resources to make a totally different armor for such a small small fraction of their audience, but I guess we will see.

I really hope they plan to add a in-game tournament system and a leaderboard that actually measures something.

you know what? You’re right. I bet those people didnt just pick up the game and start playing it like everyone else in the world. They just complained really Hard and ANET felt bad for them and invited them to super elite special tournaments so they could have a chance at the best shiny pixels in a video game. Grow up kid. Not everything is gonna be handed to you just cus you dont feel like putting in the effort.

Go ahead call me a troll now. I’ll be ok

I am not expecting it to be handed to me. I don’t even care that this armor exists or that I wont have it. For the people that earn it, good for them, they put in the time, the money, and traveled, and won to earn it. I am not trying to get anet to change their mind on the requirements. I am just trying to get people to realize there is much much more to even participating in tournaments than “gettin good”. This is not a “skill based” reward because there much more than skill required. It is an eSports exclusive reward because it is gated behind tournaments most of us don’t have the time or money to participate in.

Telling people to “git good” is juvenile when you have to commit real money resources and time to travel to locations across the globe. “Git good” is the most trivial part, there are many people very skilled at PvP that have the skill but don’t have the time or the money to participate. You have to also seek sponsorship. Expend real money to meet obligations. And be able to put whatever that is going on in your life on pause to travel to other countries to even participate. So yes, when you tell people to “git gud and climb the ranks”, you are being juvenile because there is much more to it than that.

So continue to make assumptions on things you know nothing about, or personally attack me to try to invalidate what I said. It is what it is. An eSports exclusive reward not skill based reward. Nothing wrong with that, but it is what it is.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

(edited by Mireles Lore.5942)

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Judging by your choice of title and its relation to your topic, its pretty clear to me that you’re just trying to induce outrage from your fellow players. The 1% versus 99% argument doesn’t stand here. IF you want the armor set you have the same tools and freedom to go for it as the accused “1%” does.

Either work for it, which I suggest if you want it, or lock yourself in a padded room until your temper tantrum is over. Honestly buggers me when I hear people rage over not being handed something outright or when they’re told they have to do something in order to EARN it, whether or not its an activity they like.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Judging by your choice of title and its relation to your topic, its pretty clear to me that you’re just trying to induce outrage from your fellow players. The 1% versus 99% argument doesn’t stand here. IF you want the armor set you have the same tools and freedom to go for it as the accused “1%” does.

Either work for it, which I suggest if you want it, or lock yourself in a padded room until your temper tantrum is over. Honestly buggers me when I hear people rage over not being handed something outright or when they’re told they have to do something in order to EARN it, whether or not its an activity they like.

I think the OP is relying on the fact that there is a “clear distinction” between the armor that anyone willing to join a SoloQ can get and the [slightly more sparkly] armor with the same base that will be given to the tournament winners.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

Am I misunderstanding something? Don’t you have to be physically in the tournament as well for a chance to win and get the reward?

Yes,

Also travel, sponsorship, and real world money obligations. People that say “skill based” and “git gud and climb the ranks” are trolls that really have no idea what they are talking about. Anet isn’t paying for these people to fly to all these countries. This armor will be out of reach for 99.99% of players no matter how hard you pvp at home.

That being said. I am sure that its the same armor everyone will be able to earn on the track but with some kind of effect or trim added to it, and you will probably never see these people in game. I don’t think Anet would expense the resources to make a totally different armor for such a small small fraction of their audience, but I guess we will see.

I really hope they plan to add a in-game tournament system and a leaderboard that actually measures something.

you know what? You’re right. I bet those people didnt just pick up the game and start playing it like everyone else in the world. They just complained really Hard and ANET felt bad for them and invited them to super elite special tournaments so they could have a chance at the best shiny pixels in a video game. Grow up kid. Not everything is gonna be handed to you just cus you dont feel like putting in the effort.

I am not expecting it to be handed to me. I don’t even care that this armor exists or that I wont have it. For the people that earn it, good for them, they put in the time, the money, and traveled, and won to earn it. I am not trying to get anet to change their mind on the requirements. I am just trying to get people to realize there is much much more to even participating in tournaments than “gettin good”. This is not a “skill based” reward because there much more than skill required. It is an eSports exclusive reward because it is gated behind tournaments most of us don’t have the time or money to participate in.

Telling people to “git good” is juvenile when you have to commit real money resources and time to travel to locations across the globe. “Git good” is the most trivial part, there are many people very skilled at PvP that have the skill but don’t have the time or the money to participate. You have to also seek sponsorship. Expend real money to meet obligations. And be able to put whatever that is going on in your life on pause to travel to other countries to even participate. So yes, when you tell people to “git gud and climb the ranks”, you are being juvenile because there is much more to it than that.

So continue to make assumptions on things you know nothing about, or personally attack me to try to invalidate what I said, troll. It is what it is. An eSports exclusive reward not skill based reward. Nothing wrong with that, but it is what it is.

What in the world are you talking about? I don’t participate in PvP…but I am pretty sure you don’t have to travel to play it. You also don’t have to travel to get into the tournaments….they happen in the game. And I DO believe that these guys who win these tournaments DO deserve to get something special for it. I will look upon it jealously, because I am not good at PvP…but I will also look on the guy who has it with some respect…because they earned it.

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

I feel like they’re catering an armor set to a crowd as a reward for their victory.

Seeing as it doesn’t really affect me, I can’t say that I care overmuch.

I just think they want to push with their “omfg shinyshiny armor” the pvp playerbase because anet want so bad to be gw2 esports.

They always dream about it and aren’t stoping lol….while the other 99% dream about capes, guildhalls, legendary crafting etc. they focus pvp ….. the mighty 1%!

#anet dont care
#the 1%

Attachments:

Posted by: Kuju.2153

Kuju.2153

The armor is purely an aesthetic vanity item that has no impact on anyone’s gameplay at all what so ever. There should be more of this (titles, armors, weapon skins, etc.) in a game like GW2, not less. It isn’t like other games based around a gear treadmill that can create gear gaps between sections of the playerbase.

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

Yes,

So continue to make assumptions on things you know nothing about, or personally attack me to try to invalidate what I said, troll. It is what it is. An eSports exclusive reward not skill based reward. Nothing wrong with that, but it is what it is.

What in the world are you talking about? I don’t participate in PvP…but I am pretty sure you don’t have to travel to play it. You also don’t have to travel to get into the tournaments….they happen in the game. And I DO believe that these guys who win these tournaments DO deserve to get something special for it. I will look upon it jealously, because I am not good at PvP…but I will also look on the guy who has it with some respect…because they earned it.

Yes you do have to travel to participate. The world tournament series will occur in Beijing, China.

And your right, the do deserve something special for it. But its just ridiculous to say that any guild wars 2 player can win if the just get good. You have to hurdle the money and the travel gate first. Then your skill is tested.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

(edited by Mireles Lore.5942)

Posted by: Undeadkemea.4865

Undeadkemea.4865

MUH ENTITLEMENT!!!!!!!!!!

Oh sorry, that’s how the opening post sounded like….

Get good in PvP if you really want the armorset that bad. I know I will be getting the “n00b” version of that armor through the reward track someday. If the tournament armor looks like the best armor in the game….well…time to get my gear in order :P

Azure The Heartless.3261

Yes,

Yes you do have to travel to participate. The world tournament series will occur in Beijing, China.

And your right, the do deserve something special for it. But its just ridiculous to say that any guild wars 2 player can win if the just get good. You have to hurdle the money and the travel gate first. Then your skill is tested.

All of this, mind you, for a gentle dusting of fairy dust on armor you can get for free.

I see that we’re gently dancing around the fact that the -slightly-less-glowy version of that armor is available after a couple hours of playtime.

I’d hardly call a thin film of fairy dust on an armor set “catering”.

Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

So every trophy ever made was a waste of time to “cater to the 1%”? I guess that’s one way to look at it (from a purely self-centered, selfish and potentially jealous point of view).

Countering the “learn to play and earn it if you want it so bad”, replys with “not everyone can play in the NFL and win the Super Bowl.” is such a DUH!? response. It should then follow that not every person that ever touched a football should get a copy of the Lombardi Trophy…..(again, DUH?)

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

So every trophy ever made was a waste of time to “cater to the 1%”? I guess that’s one way to look at it (from a purely self-centered, selfish and potentially jealous point of view).

Countering the “learn to play and earn it if you want it so bad”, replys with “not everyone can play in the NFL and win the Super Bowl.” is such a DUH!? response. It should then follow that not every person that ever touched a football should get a copy of the Lombardi Trophy…..(again, DUH?)

THUMSUP Bros. Grimm!!

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Are the skins the only thing the tourney winners get?

Anyway, I don’t think this would’ve been an issue if PvP received more pvp-exclusive skins. As it is, with the removal of Tribal armor, they are only getting 2 new skins in a span of 2 years – with 1 being tournament exclusive. I can see where the complaints are coming from.

Arguments like “kitten-kitten tourney winners deserve the prettier pvp-only skin anet added in 2 years more than the rest of elite pvp players (level 80) coz dey r beter and are more privileged” are just as foolish.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Anyway, I don’t think this would’ve been an issue if PvP received more pvp-exclusive skins. As it is, with the removal of Tribal armor, they are only getting 2 new skins in a span of 2 years – with 1 being tournament exclusive. I can see where the complaints are coming from.

WHAT? sPvP has been all but ignored. Look at all the skins in the CS? There were more PvP armors before and since the advent of the wardrobe system, those have all been pulled out of the game so PvP has NO unique armor. I think it is about time for some PvP/WvW love by A.Net.

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

how can anyone complain about a unique reward for the best of the best sPvP players? it’s like the first genuine “legendary” skin….earned by pure skill.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Leo Paul.1659

WHAT? sPvP has been all but ignored. Look at all the skins in the CS? There were more PvP armors before and since the advent of the wardrobe system, those have all been pulled out of the game so PvP has NO unique armor. I think it is about time for some PvP/WvW love by A.Net.

That’s what I’m saying. PvPers do need love. But as it is, the tournament-winners only exclusive armor is a pretty steep requirement, only a handful of people realistically are gonna be able to participate in. If it was accessible to more people and can be attained by just playing the game (say, all level 80 pvpers), then I don’t think it would be such a big issue.

Do the tourney winners deserve good rewards? Absolutely. But do they have to be prioritized over the rest of the pvpers who have been asking for elite pvp armors?

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

I’d like to think of armors in GW2 as more of badges of honor indicating that they did something in the game, in the case of PvP that they took part in an event and won. If more than the select few had it, then it’d just be another armor set. If anything, non-participants should get something different from the tournament participants as an indication that they were spectators there, perhaps a new armor skin.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Leo Paul.1659

Personally, I feel like armor skins with a little/different particle effect isn’t substantial enough for winners of an international tournament. :/ Isn’t there like a cash prize or something for them instead?

I don’t mind if they’d introduce convention skins for attendees of the tournament though.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Personally, I feel like armor skins with a little/different particle effect isn’t substantial enough for winners of an international tournament. :/ Isn’t there like a cash prize or something for them instead?

I don’t mind if they’d introduce convention skins for attendees of the tournament though.

There’s also a modest cash prize of $50,000 to winning teams.

Edit: er, my bad, the teams fight for a prize pool of $50,000. So unless the teams actually get sponsors or perform exceptionally well, participants will probably barely be able to cover their travel expenses with the winnings.

(edited by Pandaman.4758)

Leo Paul.1659

That’s pretty low :O Smite’s launch tournament was at least $200k and I don’t think Hi-Rez is as large/profitable as Anet.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Edit: er, my bad, the teams fight for a prize pool of $50,000. So unless the teams actually get sponsors or perform exceptionally well, participants will probably barely be able to cover their travel expenses with the winnings.

I honestly dont’ know how travel cost. But I think 10,000 is enough to cover the cost.

The problem is the team not winning anything can’t cover the travel cost.

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

With the introduction of the upcoming glorious hero’s armor, only the people who win pvp tournaments will have access to this armor set. This means you are restricting an exclusive armor set to less than 1% of your player base.

I initially joined this game because I loved how it was different from other games. You didn’t have to be in the top raiding guilds and schedule your life around raids to get the best looking gear, nor did you have to place top in ‘arena teams’ to get the best looking pvp gear. At the beginning, you could pretty much play how you want and gain xp towards your level or earn loot towards crafting a legendary.

Sure, there were more efficient ways than others to earn coin or xp, but you could still play how you wanted and enjoy knowing you were still working towards a goal.

But now you have chosen to cater an armor set solely to the ‘1%’ crowd that feels they need to show off to the rest of the player base. This means you are excluding 99% of your playerbase from an armor set just so the 1% can feel special.

Quite frankly I thought ArenaNet was above this sort of design. Why did this change?

In Guild Wars 1, there were unique capes for tournament winners. Surely that would be considered catering to the top 1% as well? So to answer your question, Anet has recognized the top pvp players in the past, so it why would they not do so again?

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I think the most problem is with completionist who want to “collect everything”.

Honestly, there are so much armor/weapon skin in this game, I dont’ think you need to worry about not getting 1 of it.

Leo Paul.1659

With the introduction of the upcoming glorious hero’s armor, only the people who win pvp tournaments will have access to this armor set. This means you are restricting an exclusive armor set to less than 1% of your player base.

I initially joined this game because I loved how it was different from other games. You didn’t have to be in the top raiding guilds and schedule your life around raids to get the best looking gear, nor did you have to place top in ‘arena teams’ to get the best looking pvp gear. At the beginning, you could pretty much play how you want and gain xp towards your level or earn loot towards crafting a legendary.

Sure, there were more efficient ways than others to earn coin or xp, but you could still play how you wanted and enjoy knowing you were still working towards a goal.

But now you have chosen to cater an armor set solely to the ‘1%’ crowd that feels they need to show off to the rest of the player base. This means you are excluding 99% of your playerbase from an armor set just so the 1% can feel special.

Quite frankly I thought ArenaNet was above this sort of design. Why did this change?

In Guild Wars 1, there were unique capes for tournament winners. Surely that would be considered catering to the top 1% as well? So to answer your question, Anet has recognized the top pvp players in the past, so it why would they not do so again?

Aren’t those earned from automated tournaments? Meaning all gw2 guilds are eligible and can be earned ingame? (no need to travel somewhere?)

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I honestly dont’ know how travel cost. But I think 10,000 is enough to cover the cost.

The problem is the team not winning anything can’t cover the travel cost.

Well, if you grab the absolute cheapest deal on expedia, it’s a little over $1,000 for a ten day stay, not including other expenses like food and being scammed (which, to be perfectly honest, is still way cheaper than the $3,000 I was thinking). I don’t believe it will be possible for a team to walk away with the whole $50,000 prize, because no tournament that intends to have repeat seasons will shaft the 2nd and 3rd place runner ups, but you’re right that the prize money should be able to cover expenses. Depending on how the cash prize will be distributed, even the 3rd place team might have no problem covering costs.

(Though I don’t recommend going for the cheapest travel deals shudder)

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

No, they definitely need these special armors as a reward for their special skills and accomplishments.
Currently, everything is easily accessible, that’s just wrong. Dedicated, hardcore players need special (visual) rewards and goals that can’t be obtained by casuals.
I’ll possibly never get this hero’s armor, but I support those who put effort to win these tournaments.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Aren’t those earned from automated tournaments? Meaning all gw2 guilds are eligible and can be earned ingame? (no need to travel somewhere?)

The first time it was only through the Guild Wars World Championship in 2006.

So who knows, maybe if we wait long enough, anyone will be able to get it.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

Please also write to the olympic commitee and complain how giving out those olympic medals exclusively to top athletes is making you feel left out. Yes, that is an exaggeration of cause. But not a big one.

Posted by: Jack.1469

Jack.1469

I’m all for it. Anet has to strike balancing act somewhere when it comes to prestigious awards for merit. As long as they make a slightly less animated version available for those of us who don’t plan on participating in the tournament, I don’t see the problem.

If anything, this is Anet continuing the old tradition of providing super exclusive awards for top player tournaments. Remember the mini-panda back in GW1? Yeah. Only a handful of people won them from a tourney. I had the pleasure of running into one particular fellow who owned it twice during dungeon runs. It had its intended effect. Its exclusiveness made it really valuable and prestigious.

So I see this move as a signal of their intent to make PvP something that’s even more desirable to work toward. We already have plenty of PvE content. We’ve gotten Living Story updates for over a year with very little thrown in the direction of PvP. This is merely a bone tossed to the PvPers.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

so entitled
everybody wants something for nothing

Wanting to be special in a couple of hours, that’s also a definition of being entitled. Where is the value of work in this scenario? If someone can apply effort and persevere, they should be able to achieve it. Not this super limited supply chain of having tournaments once in a blue moon. We need multiple avenues to success in game. To let each player take advantage of their unique capacity.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Azure The Heartless.3261

so entitled
everybody wants something for nothing

Wanting to be special in a couple of hours, that’s also a definition of being entitled. Where is the value of work in this scenario? If someone can apply effort and persevere, they should be able to achieve it. Not this super limited supply chain of having tournaments once in a blue moon. We need multiple avenues to success in game. To let each player take advantage of their unique capacity.

There are more ways to ‘succeed’ than to obtain a single armor set with a gentle misty glow about it that is given to players that were both lucky enough and skilled enough to be enrolled in and persevere in a tournament of this size.

A copy of which, again, you can get for free by just pvping. This seems to be the gigantic elephant in the room that people are just ignoring. This whole issue is boiling down to: “But my outfit wont -sparkle-”. People on Med/low graphics probably wont even be able to tell the difference…

Posted by: Zephyron.7081

Zephyron.7081

Personally, I hope ArenaNet does more of this! The best looking gear and weapons should be HARD to obtain or everyone will look the same. Gear in this game isn’t like other MMOs were it is all about stats, and who has the higher stats does the higher dps. No, this game is more about skill, so gear and weapons should reflect the amount of skill that went into getting it.

Stuff is just more gratifying if you earn it.

Posted by: Linnea.5146

Linnea.5146

I think special rewards like that are needed, it’s one of the things that make the game more varied and colorful. If they start introducing only super-prestige armor and weapons, however… I’d like to see some kind of “legendary” armor for PvE too. This small reskin isn’t enough to ruffle my feathers at all.

(edited by Linnea.5146)

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Theres nothing stopping you from climbing the ranks in pvp and earning your own set…..

Well, actually there is. Lots of other players better than him.

Thus promoting the idea that there’s only one direction for him to go when playing pvp.

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

This means you are excluding 99% of your playerbase from an armor set just so the 1% can feel special.

You’re absolutely right… I mean, what PvP or WvW’er really wants to go out and do 100% Map Completion for a Legendary…

They’re totally neglecting, segregating and marginalizing a player base by forcing them to do something that’s absurd.

./facepalm

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Will the 99% ever get you to Twitch’s main page?

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: TrOtskY.5927

TrOtskY.5927

OP is a child, /thread

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

think of how many times pvp players complain about being unable to get pve skins. legendaries. living story backpacks. crafting. pvp players tend to want nothing to do with any of that, yet they are forced to do it if they want it. just like you are forced to win pvp tournaments to get this armor.
I’m glad they are finally adding something legendary. current legendaries are so… mainstream. I much prefer having something no one else can have. doesn’t matter if I don’t have it or probably ever will, because it’s still exiting as it’s something unique and not cookie cutter.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

What we see is another example of two groups that want two entirely different things that are mutually exclusive. Either you’re going to have “exclusive skins” for certain content, or you won’t. There is no middle ground to appeal to. SOMEONE is going to be kittened off.

There’s no way everyone walks away happy from this issue. The people who don’t get what they want in these cases REALLY need to take a deep breath, accept that you won’t always get what you want, and move on.

No game is going to give you everything.

Posted by: Rangersix.1754

Rangersix.1754

The tournament version of the armor are far more unique than any unique PvE skins, which are all easy to obtain or purchasable with gold (which, sPvP players have plenty of access to). And don’t anyone dare to bring up Wurm Armor as being “difficult to get” because all it requires you to do is zerg the Wurms while praying to the RNG gods.

think of how many times pvp players complain about being unable to get pve skins. legendaries. living story backpacks. crafting. pvp players tend to want nothing to do with any of that, yet they are forced to do it if they want it. just like you are forced to win pvp tournaments to get this armor.
I’m glad they are finally adding something legendary. current legendaries are so… mainstream. I much prefer having something no one else can have. doesn’t matter if I don’t have it or probably ever will, because it’s still exiting as it’s something unique and not cookie cutter.

You even call Legendaries “mainstream” yourself, don’t you see that you’re contradicting your entire point by that?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Dungeon armor sets are only available to players who run dungeons. A lot of players don’t run dungeons.

Should they start threads like these complaining about that as well?

They did. The result was PvP reward tracks, and dungeon armor no longer being available only through dungeons. And yet, this time, when the roles have reversed, the very same behaviour has become something they disdain.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

At the Olympics, the winner gets a Gold Medal, the 2nd place gets silver, the third place gets Bronze. What does the one that comes in 4th get?

Secondly, we might remember who won the greatest number of Gold medals in their lifetime… or in one particular Olympiad. How many remember the one that won the greatest number of silver ans Bronze medals?

When you are among the top 1 % you deserve to be recognized. I say this as someone that doesn’t PvP, nor desires to PvP. I feel if an armor set that ONLY the top 1 % can achieve makes their efforts worthwhile for them, they deserve it.

If the OP wants that armor set, he better start practicing.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Posted by: Supreme.4051

Supreme.4051

Anet had the idea that at lvl 80 everyone should have easy access to the best gear. Armor skins do not change stats so that part of the design still stands. The addition of ascended gear was a huge letdown for all of us who thought we didnt need to grind for best gear, but thats another story (gear grind wtf). Legendaries also cater to a minority looking for something fancy and I will never get one because I dont pve enough.

Catering to the 1% is a good idea, since players can be rewarded accustomed to their individual liking. The hard part would be to cater to all the 1%s out there, but this is a start.

(edited by Supreme.4051)

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

This means you are restricting an exclusive armor set to less than 1% of your player base.

Exclusive armour set for 1% of the player base that takes 1% of the dev time put into new skins over the past couple years?

Sweet as.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

takes a drink

I’m pretty sure that no one that gets any of this armor is going to be wandering around PvE showing it off.

Besides, it’s terrible looking, and when was the last time you actually took notice of some random stranger’s outfit?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

This means you are restricting an exclusive armor set to less than 1% of your player base.

Exclusive armour set for 1% of the player base that takes 1% of the dev time put into new skins over the past couple years?

Sweet as.

It’s actually way less than 1% of the playerbase (unless of course you think the playerbase dropped that much, but that would be something far, far worse). and it’s also more than 1% of the dev time used for rewards for the community (if it isn’t, then i want lot more new armor skins. Accessible ingame, not through gemshop or some out-of-game events).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November