So suspended for language

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TheZeus.8617

TheZeus.8617

I want to know why… IS IT MY fault people chose to take there filter off? No Is it my fault they cannot handle a little cursing… no.. so why then am i suspended for it? Anet your policy for suspension is GARBAGE. You need to fix the policy.. it isn’t my fault kids turn there filters off and cannot handle the F word!

Athena War Goddess
[TWIN] Anvil Rock

(edited by TheZeus.8617)

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Gaile Gray: “The language filter is not a license to curse.”

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

TheZeus.8617

Doesn’t matter it should JUST sensor it like it does on the forums. Not my fault anet didn’t do that.

Athena War Goddess
[TWIN] Anvil Rock

(edited by TheZeus.8617)

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

There’s a difference between saying stuff like “kitten it” and abusing someone personally as in “kitten you”. If you did the former, I doubt anyone would have reported you or if you’ve gotten suspended. Profanity filter is for the former cases where people aren’t personally bothered with such chats, yet would like to have it censored on their screen. It’s not a license for you to abuse some individual. You deserved the suspension if you did abuse someone.

I say “kitten It” many times – it doesn’t bother anyone. I’m not directing it at anyone so people wouldn’t report me nor would there be an action over it. That wouldn’t fall under “Abuse”. It’s generic frustration meaning no ill-will to any individual. I also say “kitten you” to a friend in PM’s with whom I regularly chat, but hey its my friend and he wouldn’t bother to report me as he returns it in kind, but had I said it to some stranger and got suspended for it, I’d accept it as it’s my fault.

Don’t blame Anet or those who reported you for you being a kitten.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

phaneo.4597

Doesn’t matter it should JUST sensor it like it does on the forums. Not my fault anet didn’t do that.

The moment you “Accepted” the agreement while installing the game, it starts mattering. Doesn’t matter if you read it or not, or if you care or not.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

This will probably be less of a problem for you once you’re a little older and learn some self-control.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I want to know why… IS IT MY fault people chose to take there filter off? No Is it my fault they cannot handle a little cursing… no.. so why then am i suspended for it? Anet your policy for suspension is GARBAGE. You need to fix the policy.. it isn’t my fault kids turn there filters off and cannot handle the F word!

Dude, you’ve said something that has had people report you in this game. Its not the filter’s fault nor Anet’s but your own fault you’ve been banned. If you’re the only person over-swearing at a dinner party you won’t be very popular either. You are sharing this game with all sorts of people with all sorts of personal moral codes.

And its a good chance that it wasn’t kids who reported you.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

ACTUALLY, you shouldn’t be a potty mouth and read/understand the CoC because the filter isn’t to stop you from being a potty mouth only YOU can stop yourself from being a potty mouth. Suspension deserved and advocated.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

This will probably be less of a problem for you once you’re a little older and learn some self-control.

^ This.

Does this really need to be explained again??? Is not about being fanbois, it’s a maturity thing. Hopefully, you’ll figure that out as you grow up. Sadly, even some “adults” never do…

Villious.8530

A little older? O i am sorry i am older than most people that play this game. I just speak my mind unlike the drones that play this game.

Ok, this is just a troll thread now. Mods, please do your thing.

Im Mudbone.1437

Lol fanboys i see. It’s ok once a new game comes out this one is gone. I am sick of getting suspensions for say kittento people who are utterly rude and disrespectful even if they don’t cure. So what i have a mouth, comes from 11yrs in the military. You don’t like it turn on you Fn filter!

It’s not fanboyism it’s called following the rules. Learn them, head them or be-gone.

(edited by Im Mudbone.1437)

phaneo.4597

You should’ve reported them and moved on. Nobody cares about your credentials nor about your habits once you step into a “social game”. It’s called verbal “Abuse” for a reason. If the other person is personally offended by it, they have every right to report you. There’s no justifying your actions by saying the other person started it – doesn’t really fit with your descriptions of yourself being quite older; it only proves the opposite.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Lol fanboys i see. It’s ok once a new game comes out this one is gone. I am sick of getting suspensions for say kittento people who are utterly rude and disrespectful even if they don’t cure. So what i have a mouth, comes from 11yrs in the military. You don’t like it turn on you Fn filter!

My father joined the Air Force at age 18 back when it was the Army Air Corps.

He was a career military officer. One of the most decorated officers in Air Force history.

He served in World War II, The Korean War, Viet Nam (twice) among other activities.

Do NOT use the military as an excuse for swearing. Not in public.

Unless you are saying you were never officer material.

======
If you agreed to the EULA, and broke it, do not complain on the forum.

Good luck wherever your gaming takes you.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Villious.8530

I’m retired military, and I’m ashamed of the OP, and the light he cast on my fellow brothers in arms. Theres probably a reason he’s not in the military any more.

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

It is better not to use curse words than to rely on someone using a filter .

Villious.8530

Case in point….

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i had a guy insulting me after telling people to stop attacking grub and help taking the tower that had 3 trebs hitting the keep and had only 12 people defending it while the wall was down. 3 of us tried to take the tower but 10 people were killing the grub right next to it. all i said was :stop attacking grub we need help at the tower. and he went off telling me how he that he was scratching his n… and that he has itches and all that.

so no its not ok to say what ever u like! i’m a girl and dont need to read all that stuff!its insulting and sexist sometimes too and u gotta watch what u say!
if u are upset, fine, nobody cares if u use the f-word in chat, but if u freak out and swear like crazy, yeah some people might find that offensive.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

(edited by selan.8354)

zenleto.6179

Villious you don’t know me i don’t know you so how bout you kitten with there is a reason i am not in… I would never even give you the time of day to explain why i am not.

As for the rest of this thread. You might as well close it mod b/c i am utterly sick of all the you broke the EULA crap… seriously.. /filter for a reason..

It’s a good thing you listen to your player… o wait you don’t and now i know why this game fails in the PVP area… why it took a year for you to get this far and have a tournament.. lol.. this games pvp is garbage.

CLOSE the thread or delete it b/c i am sick of all the people who do not even know where i am coming from.

You might get more support from someone but this type of thread rears its head every week it seems. There isn’t much patience for it.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

A little older? O i am sorry i am older than most people that play this game. I just speak my mind unlike the drones that play this game.

So cursing out loud publicly is completely okay to you, and anyone who doesn’t like it is a drone. lol

Gotcha.

TheZeus.8617

At least you understand Vayne… gotcha

Athena War Goddess
[TWIN] Anvil Rock

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

I don’t think there is much point discussing this unless we know what exactly OP said that got him suspended o_O

Oceanic [LOD]

zenleto.6179

I don’t think there is much point discussing this unless we know what exactly OP said that got him suspended o_O

Yeah, but he put it out here. He’s said something, someone has complained, its been investigated, he’s scored a long weekend, he’s come here to whinge. Done and dusted, we don’t need to know what he said.

Though that would add more interest.

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

Gahahaha these threads are the best.

phaneo.4597

Report for trolling and move on folks! Nothing to see here.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

Villious.8530

Report for trolling and move on folks! Nothing to see here.

Already reported. He’s harassing me in PM’s now.

Posted by: kossman.8206

kossman.8206

I can see the banhammer rising….. again….

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

What were you doing in game when you started dropping f bombs?

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

In a game where you kill other players and cursing isn’t allowed is a fat joke to me. Cursing and gaming goes in perfect harmony. Ban people that send death wishes, not because he used an F word in map chat, like wtf anet… its 2013, wake up. If you play competitively its close to impossible to not curse, so wtf are they expecting? How many thousands of players they’ve banned? For those kids that their parents oblige them cover their eyes/ears when something ‘mean’ is said/seen, why don’t use a filter? Even better question for you, why do you play an online game if this kind of stuff is offensive to you? Play your solo E rated games…

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

zenleto.6179

In a game where you kill other players and cursing isn’t allowed is a fat joke to me. Cursing and gaming goes in perfect harmony. Ban people that send death wishes, not because he used an F word in map chat, like wtf anet… its 2013, wake up. If you play competitively its close to impossible to not curse, so wtf are they expecting? How many thousands of players they’ve banned? For those kids that their parents oblige them cover their eyes/ears when something ‘mean’ is said/seen, why don’t use a filter? Even better question for you, why do you play an online game if this kind of stuff is offensive to you? Play your solo E rated games…

You never fail to disappoint.

Nuka Cola.8520

and you never fail to…. oh wait, who are you again? Babies report, gamers play and don’t give two craps if some random nerd trash talked them.

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

I think the League of Legends community is dire need of players like you. You definitely won’t see a shortage of cursing. Likewise, the community is more tolerant to foul language.

Im Mudbone.1437

Villious you don’t know me i don’t know you so how bout you kitten with there is a reason i am not in… I would never even give you the time of day to explain why i am not.

As for the rest of this thread. You might as well close it mod b/c i am utterly sick of all the you broke the EULA crap… seriously.. /filter for a reason..

It’s a good thing you listen to your player… o wait you don’t and now i know why this game fails in the PVP area… why it took a year for you to get this far and have a tournament.. lol.. this games pvp is garbage.

CLOSE the thread or delete it b/c i am sick of all the people who do not even know where i am coming from.

Then why don’t you uninstall the game and burn the disc/key-code and be-gone, the game will still be here with or without you.

zenleto.6179

and you never fail to…. oh wait, who are you again? Babies report, gamers play and don’t give two craps if some random nerd trash talked them.

LOL.

I actually agree somewhat with your last sentence but I have no patience for people who whinge when they get banned for it.

And I was feeling complimentary in my other post but since there was little emotion involved feel free to take whatever you want out of it.

Im Mudbone.1437

what a tool you are.. case in point. lol

What a troll you are.. case in point. lol
If you are so sick of this thread and the game why are you still here? Troll much?

Im Mudbone.1437

I can see the banhammer rising….. again….

One can only hope for a total account deletion.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

It’s sooo cool to scream bad words anonymously in the internet!

Posted by: Tengu.4209

Tengu.4209

11 years in the military and you can’t learn how to shut your mouth and use presentable language? I was in the military aswell, but I never had anyone say “I’m in the military its ok” to me when they cursed and I chewed their kitten about it.

Devona’s Rest – [Tsuk]
Ajini – Thief – Commander

Posted by: PVStar.3658

PVStar.3658

I swear this is thread reminds me of a third grade class full of stuck up prudes.

But really, there’s a difference between swearing and being offensive. If you say something like f it or this is bs, you aren’t going to be banned. If you call someone a (insert offensive word here)/you’re just being a kitten/every second word is f*, you’re going to get banned. Yes, there are people on the internet who get offended by absolutely everything, and GW2 is full of them (just look at this thread). Just don’t be a kitten, don’t excessively swear, and you won’t get banned.

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

now i see why u got banned.and bringing up military like this is simply wrong and very disrespectful! fwy people do care what is written in chat and if i see someone posting something insulting, racist,sexist or anything of that sort in map chat, ill report u. no one wants to read all that stuff. why even share such things? keep it to yourself dude.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Nuka Cola.8520

Its not. But when some random dude starts trash talking because you killed him 5 times in a row and its you who gets banned for placing him where he belongs, that’s kinda sad. Doesn’t anet read what was said? Don’t they see its the other guy who started? All i did was putting him where he belongs. A country start ww3, will some1 blame another country defending themselves? oh wait i could just report that country and move on,,,,,,,,, boooooring.

Tengu.4209

Nuka, the guy is going on saying that others were “disrespectful” and “rude” to him. It wasnt a “he got killed so he yelled kitten” sort of thing, this was a spat between two players and he took it too far and started slinging curses. Also you can’t really link saying/thinking a curse to actually typing. Typing takes alot more effort then talking/thinking.
Also just because they go in perfect harmony with you, doesn’t mean it does with others. I can be playing CoD or something and die and be fine, I could have a high K/D or w/e and be alright, yet if my brother plays he screams and yells at the slightest lag/death…some people need to control them selfs more. Its a game yes, but losing control to that extent is silly (See the kid that got arrested for going on a facebook “rant” after losing a LoL match)

Devona’s Rest – [Tsuk]

Tengu.4209

now i see why u got banned.and bringing up military like this is simply wrong and very disrespectful! fwy people do care what is written in chat and if i see someone posting something insulting, racist,sexist or anything of that sort in map chat, ill report u. no one wants to read all that stuff. why even share such things? keep it to yourself dude.

Thank you for bringing that up about the military. It shouldn’t be used as an excuse.

Devona’s Rest – [Tsuk]

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

OP, you seem to think the existence of the filter should allow you to use any words you choose in public chat channels. That’s not its purpose. Its purpose is to hide offensive language from those who don’t want to see it. So, why can it be turned off? This is to allow players who want to use off-color language in private channels the freedom to do so. Private, not public.

I don’t know whether the person(s) who reported you had their filter off or on. It’s not that hard to infer what someone said even when the filter is on.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Challenge accepted. I’m 33 this year, and while I may speak my mind (and change it from time to time), I don’t curse people out.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Are you a betting man Mr. Zeus? How much would you like to bet that I’m older than you? I also have spent time in the military. If you cursed at me in the game I’d report you so fast your head would explode. I’m not a drone, please refrain from implying that I am.

Im Mudbone.1437

Its not. But when some random dude starts trash talking because you killed him 5 times in a row and its you who gets banned for placing him where he belongs, that’s kinda sad. Doesn’t anet read what was said? Don’t they see its the other guy who started? All i did was putting him where he belongs. A country start ww3, will some1 blame another country defending themselves? oh wait i could just report that country and move on,,,,,,,,, boooooring.

All you did was to prove you can be a bigger potty mouth than the one who started it lowering yourself to their immature level, or lower.

Posted by: Maurick.1205

Maurick.1205

hahaha man. Just go. Oh ya..and the Pvp isnt garbage..maybe you’re just garbage…yeah…Sorry.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I’m very happy to see that Anet continues to take player conduct seriously. And, the in-game culture is the better for it. We really have no way to know the details of any given case and that is why processing this publicly serves no purpose. If you have a problem with the suspension take it up with Anet as they know why they suspended you.

Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka, the guy is going on saying that others were “disrespectful” and “rude” to him. It wasnt a “he got killed so he yelled kitten” sort of thing, this was a spat between two players and he took it too far and started slinging curses. Also you can’t really link saying/thinking a curse to actually typing. Typing takes alot more effort then talking/thinking.
Also just because they go in perfect harmony with you, doesn’t mean it does with others. I can be playing CoD or something and die and be fine, I could have a high K/D or w/e and be alright, yet if my brother plays he screams and yells at the slightest lag/death…some people need to control them selfs more. Its a game yes, but losing control to that extent is silly (See the kid that got arrested for going on a facebook “rant” after losing a LoL match)

Well if you’re playing an online game you better get used to it because anet may be severe when it comes to trash talking but its rarely the case of any other games on the market.

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Kitten Kitten Kitten

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want