So what's in the Future of GW2?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cloesd.3025

Cloesd.3025

Could we get a preview about the type of content updates that are being considered. Surely ArenaNet knows the game isn’t ‘100% complete’, and that the community is eager awaiting a whole list of features:

*Dueling
*End Game raids
*Character progression from 33 to 80
*Capture the flag
*Fix crafting so it becomes profitable to do at level 80
*Etc.

A lot of the patches that are coming out are more bug fixes, and while that’s very important, (more important than implementing new features), I think if they could at least give us some word on what they’re planning. It will be a light at the end of a tunnel.

Posted by: Crabsy.8637

Crabsy.8637

You know part of me wonders what would happen if they did add in “raids”.

Lets say 10-15 people in a raid instance where its treated the same waykitten mans (zergy but you can use strategy to not die constantly) and there is entirely different armor from just the raids. Another token set if you will that has it on unique raid gear LOOK but the stats are the same as the other gear.

I think that might be kind of cool to add a little bit bigger instanced PvE to the game, raiding for the looks of raid gear? Hmm

Posted by: Omega.4950

Omega.4950

I don’t think they’re going to add in raids in the traditional sense. They’ll probably add in scenarios that require 8 players instead of 5 like the old GW.

Not sure what “*Character progression from 33 to 80” means.

I know for sure that they’re going to add in Polymock eventually. We could possibly see new zones since many places on the map are labeled, like Crystal Desert or Henge of Denravi.

- I’d like to see an armory style website just to see what style of armor people are wearing.
- Perhaps a player to player trade option in the Black Lion window.
- Reduction in Waypoint costs based on location. (At the moment 3 feet from a waypoint costs a silver+.)
- Indication when someone is in the map view.
- Indication when someone takes a waypoint.
- More weapons to use like a scythe or polearm.
- Access to dungeon zones like the Underworld and Fissure of Woe again.

Order Of The Mists [OOM]
http://mists.cadimus.net

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

No raids (idk why people don’t just take 20-30 people in their guild through Orr, lol)

Possible dueling if there is enough want for it (make a suggestion in the suggestion forum OR find a post and voice your support for it)

There are DEFINITELY going to be more PvP modes. For the life of me, idk why ANet decided to release with less than 3 modes for sPvP.

Crafting IS profitable. The key is to know the most common materials used, craft the raw materials, and sell them. Also some of the rarer Mystic Forge recipes can turn a profit, but I’m not sure if it’s worth the hassle.

I believe the next significant patch that adds content should be around Halloween, so that’s something to look forward to.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Derpinator.2894

Derpinator.2894

What’s in the future?

More of the same I’d guess.

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

“Character progression from 33 to 80”
Are you saying that it’s too hard to level up past 33? or is there something I’ve miss in game? I don’t recall anything special happening at 33..

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Posted by: Sunduck.2450

Sunduck.2450

I want a “horde” type dungeons. Single location with waves of enemys stronger each time, fortifications to build…

Posted by: Reihert.1509

Reihert.1509

I want a pony!

Seriously, more instances could be cool indeed.
However Orr feels like raidish. it does require a lot of people to proper run it.

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

Colin Johanson hinted at a blog post in the next month or two, and said that they plan to release more content for free than you’d see in a sub-fee MMORPG.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

There have been redposts stating we’ll get “a lot of free content”.
I speculate it will be more zones, more dungeons, more DEs, but we really don’t know for sure.

Posted by: Czeris.7124

Czeris.7124

I would love to see them add some competitive PvE content in WvW zones. Some of the most fun I’ve ever had in a game was the Darkness Falls dungeon in Dark Age of Camelot.
People keep saying how much fun they have with the jumping puzzles in the Borderlands, since it fosters small scall PvP in an environment with interesting goals and geography.
I’d love to see more of it and more complex versions.

(Darkess Falls was a dungeon with some great farming, boss encounters and loot in DAoC which became available to your Realm when you completed RvR objectives (owning keeps). When the dungeon changed hands, it would result in some great medium and small scale PvP)

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

An alternate advancement system would be good. DAoC is a popular example, using it to motivate RvR, but I believe City of Heroes’s Incarnate system is a good idea too.

User was infracted for being awesome.