Solo Play: Warrior or Guardian?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Victros.8154

Victros.8154

Which is best suited for primarily solo, PvE play, Warrior or Guardian? I’d prefer a tankier build.

Thank you!

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

Both are good. Warrior you can buff yourself more offensively, where as Guardian can buff yourself more defensively. Hence warrior will yield more dps solo where as Guardian will be tankier.

Warrior does have more weapon choices though.

Posted by: Ascendant.5746

Ascendant.5746

Im preferring guardian cuz they r a loveable class, pve, pvp, and wvw. So kitten slow tho…

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Warrior for solo roaming.
This trait with 25% extra movement speed helps with that.

Posted by: Teckos.1305

Teckos.1305

I would same guardian cause you will have much more options than warrior bot offensively and defensively.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Warrior has great health pool and lots of power to get stuff done. I have played both and ended up deleting my guardian because it hits like a wet noodle. If PvE is your main focus, you can use the 25% speed increase trait and just power up. Have a look on the warrior sub-forum and get some ideas for leveling builds. I found using rifle and axe/mace was pretty awesome for leveling. There is absolutely no content you cannot do on a warrior. My warr is the only character I have with 100% map completion (though I do have 99% now on my necro as well). Have fun and happy trails!

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: LastShot.4762

LastShot.4762

Guardian = you need to know what you doing to be useful
Warrior = you can still be useful even when you don’t know what you doing

Posted by: Victros.8154

Victros.8154

LOL, well I have no idea what I’m doing, so I better go with Warrior!

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

Try a Monk…….

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Disregarding troll posts…. in PvE the entire game is centered around DPS. You have to do damage. You will never get great DPS out of a guardian without heavy trade offs. Warrior is simply the complete package, whether people care to admit that or not.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Disregarding troll posts…. in PvE the entire game is centered around DPS. You have to do damage. You will never get great DPS out of a guardian without heavy trade offs. Warrior is simply the complete package, whether people care to admit that or not.

You might want to do some research on that info, cause currently Guardian DPS > Warrior DPS (please don’t show me videos of 80k+ 100b, it’s not proving anything). Guardian has higher survivability as long as you stay active and engage. Warrior play is lazier, easier with good output. Only reason I would take a warrior over a guardian is mobility.

[DONE]

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

You might want to do some research on that info, cause currently Guardian DPS > Warrior DPS (please don’t show me videos of 80k+ 100b, it’s not proving anything). Guardian has higher survivability as long as you stay active and engage. Warrior play is lazier, easier with good output. Only reason I would take a warrior over a guardian is mobility.

That’s not the case in solo play. Most classes out-do warrior in DPS in optimal conditions, but provided we’re talking about straight up direct damage in a solo setting warrior will deal more than a guardian will unless you’re reflecting some crazy 1-shot mechanic from a boss.

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Which is best suited for primarily solo, PvE play, Warrior or Guardian? I’d prefer a tankier build.

Thank you!

Depends – I solo almost exclusively – my preferences are my two eles and my necro (in that order). The necro is slightly more survivable, but she moves so much more slowly than the other two. I engage Champs, but avoid elites unless in a group.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

That’s not the case in solo play. Most classes out-do warrior in DPS in optimal conditions, but provided we’re talking about straight up direct damage in a solo setting warrior will deal more than a guardian will unless you’re reflecting some crazy 1-shot mechanic from a boss.

Yepp .. just try to farm for example some Arctodus in Frostgorge, and look who can kill them the fastest without breaks. Axe Warrior has 6s cooldown on skill #2 and can mostly kill one mob so that #2 isn’t even up again when the next mob is not to far to run. No other class in my opinion can top that because most needed to use some skills with much higher cooldowns and can’t autoattack a mob down that fast.

A guardian is faster if i can use “Save Yourself” but in soloplay that doesn’t help much since it is only up every 48 seconds.

Or Elementalist .. Dragons-Tooth, Ring of Fire, Phoenix .. bamm .. Mob death .. but for the next ? Oh .. cooldowns. Ok .. switch to Lightninghammer .. after that again Dragons-Tooth, Ring of Fire, Phoenix .. now Lighninghammer is also still on Cooldown .. and to grab your second one you need to run 10+ seconds back.

You simply can’t compare Dungeon Burst-DPS where everything is buffed as high as possible with what you do when you run through the open world from one mob to the next.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Guardian = you need to know what you doing to be useful
Warrior = you can still be useful even when you don’t know what you doing

^this

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.