Some things should not be dailies

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Posted by: wolfie.7296

wolfie.7296

Working as Intended Wd Anet….a rare pat on the back for myself but these posts show that something is being done right. .

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

If activity participation is a daily, it must WORK.

I think we can all agree on this one. I suspect there will be a red face or two in the dev team regarding that particular bug. I assume it is related to putting crab toss back into the rotation but I can’t see it being fixed in time for us to do it today.

PvE dailies should offer a choice of 5 or 6 tasks rather than the 4 we have now.

And they should make the events region specific, not map specific. I hate doing events where everyone is crammed into one sub 80 map and zergs are fighting over mobs that die in one hit, if you’re fast enough to get to the event before it’s over.

This is my complaint as well. It’s not bad in the HoT maps or as bad in Orr, but in 2-25 zones, sometimes even in Fields of Ruin, it’s the silliest gameplay I’ve ever seen in an MMO. Players run to the mob spawn point and attack empty space with their AoE attacks or spam their #1 attack so that when the mobs appear, they might get credit. I say might, because it doesn’t always work if the mobs die instantly on appearance.

Changing it to regional would alleviate this to some extent, and shouldn’t be a huge fix.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I disagree about less specific as it just turns it into a secondary login reward system. Rather than do specific content, they would just go with what is the quickest. Any JP, well they’ll do the ogre one in LA and only that one.

It is known.
Source: I used to do this. A friend and I would compete to see who could finish all their dailies without leaving capital cities.

I’m also glad to see the jumping puzzles added to dailies. I’ve completed roughly 4 or 5 JPs I’d never done before or known existed. The dailies are actually highlighting content I don’t normally do. [Good thing.]

The JP dailies are good design for a second reason: always available and non-competitive. This is not true for zone completion or daily specific boss. I agree that those should be more generalized into regional completion or any boss. The latter for nixing the potential two-hour wait, the former for not requiring guardian loot-sticks and engi-turrets to get credit among the see of non-visible mobs that die the moment their Determined wears off.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The JP dailies are good design for a second reason: always available and non-competitive. This is not true for zone completion or daily specific boss. I agree that those should be more generalized into regional completion or any boss. The latter for nixing the potential two-hour wait, the former for not requiring guardian loot-sticks and engi-turrets to get credit among the see of non-visible mobs that die the moment their Determined wears off.

Non-competitive is debatable. While it is good to get people to try the JPs. Making one a daily also causes some JPs to be much harder especially with all the inconsiderate kittens standing around with giants wings blocking the platforms.

Posted by: WiredHot.7651

WiredHot.7651

To me, the Daily Events are all wrong. I have maps that need to be completed, so the Daily events should allow you to complete them in any map. That way, while you are completing a map you are getting credit for Daily Events as well. The Daily Events use to be like that, but no longer. I do not have a lot of time to play GuildWars2, so if I want to get my Daily events it sometimes can take a few hours, but then I do not have time to work on competing maps. Or, if I work to complete a map, where there are no Daily events, then I do not have time to get my Daily Events. This is a very poor design by Arena Net.
Please go back to how Daily Events were done originally.

Reunited with God my creator, after calling upon Jesus as Lord. What an incredible experience.

Ayrilana.1396

It’s taking you over 30 minutes on average to find and do a single event on any given map for the daily?

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

It’s taking you over 30 minutes on average to find and do a single event on any given map for the daily?

It occasionally has for me in the lower level maps, because by the time you get to an event everything is slaughtered… or even sometimes I can’t get a tag. Many people don’t understand the concept of just tagging mobs so that others can also get tags… and then maybe slaughter them if they haven’t been killed after… 10 or 15 seconds, maybe?

But, nope… when a dozen people are whirling twilight around with huge damage spams and not holding back, they can make it difficult to get tags even when you’re at an event.

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Posted by: WiredHot.7651

WiredHot.7651

To get Daily Requirements, you have to go to different maps. And some times gathering lumber, foliage, and mining materials can take time to find. And to find them they are often in maps that I have already completed so when gathering them I am not completing the map I would like to complete. And the same goes for a boss event, they are often in maps I have already completed, same for jumping puzzles or map events. So if I do the Daily Requirements, more often than not, they are not in the map that I would like to complete. And that is a poor design for doing Daily Requirements. One should be able to do Daily Requirements on any map that one is working to complete.

Reunited with God my creator, after calling upon Jesus as Lord. What an incredible experience.

Ayrilana.1396

It occasionally has for me in the lower level maps, because by the time you get to an event everything is slaughtered… or even sometimes I can’t get a tag. Many people don’t understand the concept of just tagging mobs so that others can also get tags… and then maybe slaughter them if they haven’t been killed after… 10 or 15 seconds, maybe?

But, nope… when a dozen people are whirling twilight around with huge damage spams and not holding back, they can make it difficult to get tags even when you’re at an event.

~EW

You can look at the wiki and see where the events spawn instead of relying on the map chat. I want to say that most of the events have less than a 30 minute cool down before they start up again. Many are on a 10 minute timer.

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

Yeah not a fan of major map jump puzzles and activity’s. But it seems 6 out of 7 days I don’t have to do them to get the daily. I’m ok with that.

I do feel the harvesting one’s are silly easy. At least up them 4×. What I’ve found doing dailies on new alts is that it is a great way over time to open up the map vs doing the methodical approach each and every alt.

More harvesting will give us more map clearing time and it is stupid simple today, it’s a total lay over and gimme.

Also perhaps focus on specific maps and not regions and make the maps cycle evenly, so if you are playing along daily you are doing the two birds one stone thing, getting the daily… opening the maps. My 2.

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

You can look at the wiki and see where the events spawn instead of relying on the map chat. I want to say that most of the events have less than a 30 minute cool down before they start up again. Many are on a 10 minute timer.

As I mentioned, it’s only a rare occurrence anymore.

What I do instead is make sure I have a weapon that has a higher chance of getting tags, and then I just wander around the map killing mobs and farming nodes until I stumble on an event…. it might take a little longer, but it’s more enjoyable. Rushing when map-chat says something or researching on the wiki (in that specific manner only – I love researching the wiki) isn’t very fun for me, and since I play for entertainment I strive to avoid such unfun things.

Since I’ve been on the other end of the ’can’t get a tag’ and ’can’t get to the event in time’ stick, It’s also my approach now to just tag and not kill during daily events where there are a lot of people… it’s one of the few things I miss about no longer having a guard as my main: no loot stick.

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I tend to simply avoid the “do events” dailys. Too much stress without good reason. I pick another PvE daily or go into WvW for a while.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

First real complaint about the game since returning in November. Dailies are the thing that keep me going into the game. I think I’ve finished my daily every day since I came back in November except while traveling for holidays. But today’s are too much. The jumping puzzle, even with a helpful in-person guide (thank you for those who volunteer to do this), was undoable. It didn’t help that my pet popped back out every time I fell. The camera angles in the puzzles in the narrow cavern tunnels are impossible enough without my pet (which I can’t stow permanently) blocking my view.

So we thought, ok, np. We won’t do the JP today. So we decided to check out the daily activity participation. We look up on the wiki which tells us it’s crab toss. We go to southsun and look for the NPC for 30 minutes. No luck. We go to LA and talk to that activity participation NPC just in case. No luck. What a waste of an hour between the two. I had had enough and just logged out without doing anything else.

Super hard puzzles should not be dailies. If activity participation is a daily, it must WORK.

daily activity is in Lion’s Arch, there’s an NPC that you talk to to join in on the minigame. It works.

I don’t do pve dailies anymore because the PVP and WvW dailies give something more useful than the PVE dailies. The PVE dailies give karma and those xp scraps which can’t be used for mastery xp. They’re worthless to someone with all level 80’s and a stack of xp tomes sitting in the bank.

Daily Jumping Puzzle is fine, and was actually a daily category that was needed, you just need to git gud.

The real problem is that when they restructured dailies they left us with less choices. Instead of daily event completer where you could complete 5 events anywhere you wanted, it was restricted to a zone, crowding people into 1 zone trying to zerg around and complete events meant for much smaller groups/solo. I don’t even bother because it’s such a hassle to actually try to get credit, by the time I load in from waypointing the event is completed.

They used to have daily jumping puzzles, but it could be any JP you wanted.. now it’s a specific JP. There used to be 10 daily choices per day (less wvw and pvp choices, but more pve choices).. now instead of 6 options for PVE dailies you have 4. It’d be nice to have 6 options per content type rather than 4.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I tend to simply avoid the “do events” dailys. Too much stress without good reason. I pick another PvE daily or go into WvW for a while.

The reward for all that event stress is really paltry, too.
Farming? Get a bunch of extra mats, possibly T6.
Daily boss? Bonus rare.

Runruntagtagruntagrun? …XP scroll for your sub-80 and a tiny karma tonic.
There’s nothing wrong with splitting the megazerg into several zones by making the event daily regional.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

daily activity is in Lion’s Arch, there’s an NPC that you talk to to join in on the minigame. It works.

The day the OP wrote this, the activity NPC (a couple of them, actually) didn’t work. That’s why they said that.