Something big is coming in 2014

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

https://twitter.com/PersistentWorld/status/418816619825999872

@DragonSeasonCom I can’t wait until you guys find out what’s in store this year. People are going to die with excitement/shock

Dragon Season ?@DragonSeasonCom 47m @CanadasMathlete @PersistentWorld I will interpret both of your statements as “Expansion incoming”. :P ~Tilion

Lewis B ?@PersistentWorld 43m @DragonSeasonCom @CanadasMathlete Oh not at all. Better than that!

so what could possibly be better than an expansion?

__

EDIT: go home everyone:

“I can confirm I am not an Anet dev. kitten . I can also confirm this has been blown WAAAY out of proportion. Still, fantastic theorycraft everyone! " – Lewis B on reddit

(edited by Vol.7601)

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

A full expansion for free?

Edit: No srsly, now they have me curious. Meh, we’ll see what the year brings, it’s only just begun after all..

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Henri Blanche.8276

Henri Blanche.8276

Cantha? Elona? Merge with Blizzard?

Posted by: Sharky.5024

Sharky.5024

—— so what could possibly be better than an expansion?

An announcement for Guild Wars 3 being in development!

Vol.7601

Edit: No srsly, now they have me curious. Meh, we’ll see what the year brings, it’s only just begun after all..

But the thing that many GW2 fail to realize is that we already get that. It’s called Living Story :P

It’s just that Living Story gives you new content every 2 weeks while an expansion you need to wait more than a year to get content all at once.

I’m thinking we get to see some new maps brought back to life from the original GW. Maybe we will get to go to the Crystal Desert after all and deal with the dragon there ;S

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

But the thing that many GW2 fail to realize is that we already get that. It’s called Living Story :P

It’s just that Living Story gives you new content every 2 weeks while an expansion you need to wait more than a year to get content all at once.

I’m thinking we get to see some new maps brought back to life from the original GW. Maybe we will get to go to the Crystal Desert after all and deal with the dragon there ;S

Except content isn’t removed in ‘real’ expansions.

INB4 yes, few parts were permanent. Not the point.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Saitam.9340

Saitam.9340

Could it be GW2 for consoles, or an official mobile connectivity app?

That, or more Mad King Thorn jokes, is all I could see as likely.

-Mædre Valero, Guardian, Tarnished Coast.
Member of Remnants of Hope [HOPE]

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

so what could possibly be better than an expansion?

Half-Life 3 as playable game inside GW2 O.O

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

LanfearShadowflame.3189

You know that, and I know that, but most people just don’t get it. It’s just too ‘different’ for their comfort zone I guess… I try to make no judgements.

Crystal Desert would be nice to see. Could also be the opening of some more of the Maguuma Jungle (wastes now?) and the confirmation of a jungle dragon and subsequent story. Technically either would be considered ‘expansion’ type content as it would progress the personal story (in theory).

It’s interesting that we all jump to the ‘new region and dragon’ theory though. Let’s try thinking outside the box, what else might be noteworthy enough to make them start chittering about it?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Well you can’t claim that ArenaNet aren’t good at making people interested at least

The fact that this was tweeted would also suggest that we might have a big blogpost incoming with more information about the first half of this year.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I have expected something big coming for some while because I put the dots together
we have had a year of LS arc that we know is coming to an end- we know after that we have a features patch…
I am very interested to see what the LS does next

We also know that the LS teams are a fraction of the resources of the company- so- I must wonder…

I expect very big things- add the CDI and I am really excited

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Legendary armor and crafting to level 1000!
Mounts
Guild Halls
WoW style raids
Player housing
Open world PvP

Or maybe the elder dragons will return in force, rez the cities to the ground, and the game will be reborn from scratch!

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

The player base knows that, but the market and possible new players don’t, an expansion is more attractive for people outside the GW2.

Yeah, the game need a new map for sure, over 1 year of game and the only map they added was the Southsun Cove, a map that was not even part of the original GW universe, so much material they already have and they decided for a new “random” map.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Looks like they’ll be dragon out the secret for awhile yet.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

A new area and new race. This way they can claim that they really do give an expansion for free (as those are the most common ‘features)’.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Well you can’t claim that ArenaNet aren’t good at making people interested at least

The fact that this was tweeted would also suggest that we might have a big blogpost incoming with more information about the first half of this year.

I hope Colin gives us a new blog post sometime mid-January with things they are working towards in the next 6 months. A ‘state of development’ rather than “expectations” like the last 2 blog posts. This way no one gets grumpy if they miss their deadline, and I still get to find out what they are working on and what may come to us patient boys and girls in the future. (All good things to those who wait kinda thing)

That was just… so wrong…

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

You are causing pain and anguish

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I see what you did there!

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Well, obviously we’d want an expansion-type update, so I’m hoping for one. But even with the LS I’d say we’re inevitably heading for a confrontation with another dragon.

lordkrall.7241

I am personally hoping for the awakening of Mordremoth, simply due to the fact that it would make sense to connect the whole Scarlet story to that ^^

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

Legendary armor and crafting to level 1000!
Mounts
Guild Halls
WoW style raids
Player housing
Open world PvP

Or maybe the elder dragons will return in force, rez the cities to the ground, and the game will be reborn from scratch!

If they managed to announce all of those things, it would likely bring be back to the game.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I am personally hoping for the awakening of Mordremoth, simply due to the fact that it would make sense to connect the whole Scarlet story to that ^^

since every one is going on about Primordius or Kralkatorrik, that would be so awesome and I can get behind exploring some more on the Maguma side

but Scarlet does seem more tied to the other dragons from her alliances,
don’t know and can’t wait to see

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Well, IMO if they don’t tie Scarlet up to the dragons somehow, then the whole thing has been a big waste of time. (Jury’s still out on whether or not it has been a big waste of time no matter what they tie her to.)

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Are those official arenanet dev tweets? Didnt seem that way…seemed like a few players getting excited for nothing.

I now cringe when an arenanet dev gets excited for features because it normally means something earthshattering in the game, and not in a good way.

They love to fuel the hype train that eventually never leaves the train station.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

Primordus + Playable Tengu. Yes please?

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

lordkrall.7241

Are those official arenanet dev tweets? Didnt seem that way…seemed like a few players getting excited for nothing.

I now cringe when an arenanet dev gets excited for features because it normally means something earthshattering in the game, and not in a good way.

They love to fuel the hype train that eventually never leaves the train station.

No, they are tweets from different websites which are known to get early views and information about coming content.

Specifically TenTonHammer and GuildWars2Hub in this case.

You can’t really blame ArenaNet for what other people are hyping up now, can you?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Vol.7601

Read behind the names and the text. Lewis B is an editor for TenTon Hammer.

Vol.7601

Nothing to see here guys, blown way out of proportion

“I can confirm I am not an Anet dev. kitten . I can also confirm this has been blown WAAAY out of proportion. Still, fantastic theorycraft everyone! " – Lewis B on reddit

If you don’t want to blow it out of proportion then don’t say it’s better than an expansion!

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Ok .. i never really understood Twitter .. so where can i see that this Lewis B. Guy is talking about GW2 ? All i see he is from TenTonHammer and writes about GW2, Wildstar and EQNext.

So where do i see that he doesn’t talks about Wildstar Release, or EQNext Landmark or whatever ?

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

People wanted Dragons. Maybe in some big Godzilla style chaos, they will all rise and attack different parts of Tyria at once!

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

SPOILER ALERT:

Scarlet reveals that she was holding back ANet and now that we’re going to defeat her, their hands are freee once again!

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Oh. So how does he have the inside scoop on what Arenanet has in store? Seems silly that a media/fan site would know things early(way way way early possibly).

BTW, I cannot help but read your thread title in the same voice of a Hylek…..similar to when Tequatl appears…‘somethings in the waterrrrrrr’

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Good to hear they have big things planned.

The player base knows that…

…or the player base is continually told that. Some of us don’t accept that argument.

To me, an expansion is not just a certain amount of content. It implies a level of thought-out completeness and quality that the Living Story has not even approached.

Until that changes, the Living Story is not even close to the equivalent of an expansion, let alone a substitute for one.

That said, I am certainly not averse to ANet proving me wrong.

(edited by Vick.6805)

lordkrall.7241

So where do i see that he doesn’t talks about Wildstar Release, or EQNext Landmark or whatever ?

The first tweet (at the top of the page) specifically mentions ArenaNet.

Oh. So how does he have the inside scoop on what Arenanet has in store? Seems silly that a media/fan site would know things early(way way way early possibly).

If the blog post talking about it comes tomorrow or early next week it isn’t really that weird that press would know about it already, that is common practice after all, and also the reason why sites like TenTonHammer and such can have articles about new releases/information more or less as soon as the company posts it themselves.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

(edited by lordkrall.7241)

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Announced:
Entire world going Super Adventure Box styled, and title to be changed to Super Guild Adventure Wars Box.

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

Over 20 new achievements including “Touch all Scarlet’s Pillars” for 5 ap

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

Vol.7601

BTW, I cannot help but read your thread title in the same voice of a Hylek…..similar to when Tequatl appears…‘somethings in the waterrrrrrr’

Why is it silly? They get previews all the time. DragonSeasonCom infact had dinner with Colin last year when he travelled and they were able to get inside scoop on some things.

Is it silly that a one-person blog also gets previews of upcoming content as well? You may know her as Dulfy. Then it’s no stretch that important MMO media sites like TenTon get access.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Over 20 new achievements including “Touch all Scarlet’s Pillars” for 5 ap

Beeswax added as new crafting material for latest gear progression level: Scarlett Approved . Each item will require 1500 Beeswax and 3000 Unobtanium, dropped only from BL Chests but will grant 300% boost over Ascended gear. Plus the ability to just walk away from an entire group of enemies at will.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I am extremely interested. Something more exciting than an expansion being released!? Whatever it is, it sounds like it will be completely game changing if it’s better than an expansion.

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

I dunno why any of you think a third party not at all affiliated with Anet would know anything….

The last time hype like this started up it was to reveal scarlet….and well that wasn’t better than an expansion.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I dunno why any of you think a third party not at all affiliated with Anet would know anything….

The last time hype like this started up it was to reveal scarlet….and well that wasn’t better than an expansion.

It wouldn’t be the first time that Anet released information to the press before the public.

lordkrall.7241

Because press are not super-human and usually get information before it is available to the general public in order to make articles to be released very soon after the official release of said information?

It is after all more or less the norm that articles about reveals are released just a few moments after the reveals themselves and that would be literally impossible without getting the information beforehand.

It is also very likely that we will see a big blog-post tomorrow or early next week with information, and thus it is likely that the press already have said information.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Vol.7601

Maybe you are new to MMOs or gaming in general, but the press and selected media more often than not get previews in advance of content.

And no, the last time we had this much hype over Scarlet was from GW2 itself with all the defaced messages on the website. This is 3rd party, which Anet cannot control easily.

Posted by: JBDanger.2603

JBDanger.2603

Don’t get your hopes up only to be extremely disappointed

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

I’m hoping it’s a mini game release of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR2Esy83MQ0

Posted by: Chris Whiteside.6102

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

2014 is going to be an amazing year for GW2 and the community!

Chris

Posted by: smitske.4912

smitske.4912

if its more scrarlet I take a plane to Arenanet HQ and someone is going to get a serious spanking.

Posted by: Judge Banks.9018

Judge Banks.9018

• Spoilers New gear tier.

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

oh boy oh boy!!! i cant wait!

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

lordkrall.7241

if its more scrarlet I take a plane to Arenanet HQ and someone is going to get a serious spanking.

Well, we already know that there will be more Scarlet this year.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square