Something under the beams in Lions Arch?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Anton Gerasimov.7395

Anton Gerasimov.7395

Anyone know what that is?

Attachments:

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

karkas (no joke)

Posted by: Pandeh.5248

Pandeh.5248

.S.C.A.R.L.E.T.2.0.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Baby Karkas. Aint they cute?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

It’s old Greg.

Posted by: Excell.1042

Excell.1042

You found my hiding spot

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Well, we have an idea what event will be going on when Neo Lion’s Arch is open.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Huggywuggles.2814

Huggywuggles.2814

You weren’t wearing a skirt, were you? That would be embarrasing!

I am a Juicebox Hero. I poke straws in Risen Eyes.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Until they grow too big to keep in the house…. next thing you know newly rebuilt LA will be in ruins again!

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

Until they grow too big to keep in the house…. next thing you know newly rebuilt LA will be in ruins again!

SimCity: LA. You build it up just to destroy it with monsters.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Well, yah, as pets they do have their minor drawbacks. They attach themselves to your face in an embarrassing manner. You’ll have children calling you up late at night on the phone asking you, “do you have crabs?” then laughing and hanging up. They grow up to be outsized monsters that roll over you whenever they get irritated. And they destroy cities.

Picky details. They are soooo cute.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Jermoe Morrow.9501

Jermoe Morrow.9501

Where exactly is this? I want to go see it for myself.

80s(name-race/class):Jermoe Morrow(main) – H/Ra
Blue Dorito-S/Re|Transitor-S/En |Tina Feyspirit-N/M|
Bmoe-A/T|Peter Whatsherface-H/G|Acolyte Rin-H/N

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

There’s just one problem with the baby Karka idea…there’s no way in hell the Consortium is getting the amount of lumber needed for the rebuilding of L.A. from Southsun Cove, unless of course they’re constructing the pieces there and then flying them to L.A., that would work, but for the life of me why the hell would you transport lumber to Southsun, build the pre-made structures then fly them all the way back to L.A. for the job…and no, this is isn’t completely sarcasm, some, yes, but not completely. I just like to throw out the obvious reason why it doesn’t work, but then again, it’s ArenaNets game and they can do what they want with it…even if it doesn’t quite fit what the players already know(of course, the lumber could be coming from some other formerly Karka infested location that we don’t know about…then this whole comment is moot).

Just a flesh wound.3589

There’s just one problem with the baby Karka idea…there’s no way in hell the Consortium is getting the amount of lumber needed for the rebuilding of L.A. from Southsun Cove, unless of course they’re constructing the pieces there and then flying them to L.A., that would work, but for the life of me why the hell would you transport lumber to Southsun, build the pre-made structures then fly them all the way back to L.A. for the job…and no, this is isn’t completely sarcasm, some, yes, but not completely. I just like to throw out the obvious reason why it doesn’t work, but then again, it’s ArenaNets game and they can do what they want with it…even if it doesn’t quite fit what the players already know(of course, the lumber could be coming from some other formerly Karka infested location that we don’t know about…then this whole comment is moot).

Did you actually go and look? I did. This was reported in a thread after the LA update. Someone said there were baby karka in the lumber. I went and looked the next day and there they were. /shrug. Or something that’s identical to baby karka.

Seems like the new Lions Arch won’t last long

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Where exactly is this? I want to go see it for myself.

One of the barges around where the old, pre Scarlet, city portal complex was.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Bensozia.8071

Bensozia.8071

here is a view from the side of the barge you can see a bit more of it at a different
angle. I think its Gaara so they can use his sand for the cement mix.

Attachments:

Guardians of the Light [GOTL]
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]
DragonBrand

(edited by Bensozia.8071)

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

Yeah, as others have said it’s baby karka. Looks like the Consortium are up to their old tricks.

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Anet is trying to get large guilds to do parties in Lion’s Arch on the day of the design reveal, know why? cause they’re going to slaughter us all again with karka swarms. If you did not see this coming then you completely missed all of the clues.
1. Anet pimps new changes to LA and says rebuild is almost done! yay!
2. Notice the Consortium is building LA – why? Gnashblade owns the Black Lion Trading Post, if the Consortium was truly a powerhouse we’d also have the Consortium Trading Post with which to do our trading.
3. Anet asks guilds to publicly announce party plans for the unveiling (suspicious!!)
4. Players discover karkas hiding in the platforms coming from Southsun Cove.
5. We can safely assume there will be fireworks and all kinds of noisy raucus activities with which to get our /dance on.

We’re all going to die and have to fight and rebuild again… Anet is why we can’t have nice things!!!!

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

Anet is trying to get large guilds to do parties in Lion’s Arch on the day of the design reveal, know why? cause they’re going to slaughter us all again with karka swarms. If you did not see this coming then you completely missed all of the clues.
1. Anet pimps new changes to LA and says rebuild is almost done! yay!
2. Notice the Consortium is building LA – why? Gnashblade owns the Black Lion Trading Post, if the Consortium was truly a powerhouse we’d also have the Consortium Trading Post with which to do our trading.
3. Anet asks guilds to publicly announce party plans for the unveiling (suspicious!!)
4. Players discover karkas hiding in the platforms coming from Southsun Cove.
5. We can safely assume there will be fireworks and all kinds of noisy raucus activities with which to get our /dance on.

We’re all going to die and have to fight and rebuild again… Anet is why we can’t have nice things!!!!

I’ll be in the rafters or somewhere above it all laughing as they die, then. I saw this coming the moment I found out the Consortium were involved at all. I might lay down a few fire traps to help out, though. Fried Karka is said to be a delicacy in some parts.

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

Posted by: duka.1704

duka.1704

Attachments:

Zonn O Noz – [CTD] Chase The Devil

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

Cantha confirmed

Posted by: Agrotera.1254

Agrotera.1254

I’ll be in the rafters or somewhere above it all laughing as they die, then. I saw this coming the moment I found out the Consortium were involved at all. I might lay down a few fire traps to help out, though. Fried Karka is said to be a delicacy in some parts.

I think a good place to be is up high where you go to get to the entrance to Troll’s End. You can see all around from up there and it should be safe.

you can’t fix stupid

Posted by: Kossage.9072

Kossage.9072

Yeah, I noticed these karka hatchlings by accident when I was exploring LA. I hope it leads to something interesting and that maybe one day we can actually get to communicate with the karka as they’re said to be quite intelligent.

There’s also the as of yet unresolved plot thread from Living World season 1 about the Consortium being interested in the remains and seeds of the Tower of Nightmares as seen in Kessex Hills. What purpose would plants which cause nightmarish hallucinations serve in the Consortium’s plans? It’s also somewhat troubling that the writers once stated that there’s a reason why the Consortium’s mysterious leader(s) have chosen to remain in the shadows instead of making a public appearance and that we might find out why someday…

Clearly Evon Gnashblade, Hero of Lion’s Arch, was right to have Hero-Tron spy on the Captain’s Council. Being the clever charr that he is, he must’ve figured out that one or more of the councillors must be getting bribes from the Consortium to put the Southsun Cove incidents behind them and let the Consortium rebuild LA instead of Black Lion Trading Company. Thankfully Gnashblade will be our vigilant guardian, looking after LA and its people even when the short-sighted Council is blinded by false promises and carrots from a shady corporation.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Yeah, I noticed these karka hatchlings by accident when I was exploring LA. I hope it leads to something interesting and that maybe one day we can actually get to communicate with the karka as they’re said to be quite intelligent.

There’s also the as of yet unresolved plot thread from Living World season 1 about the Consortium being interested in the remains and seeds of the Tower of Nightmares as seen in Kessex Hills. What purpose would plants which cause nightmarish hallucinations serve in the Consortium’s plans? It’s also somewhat troubling that the writers once stated that there’s a reason why the Consortium’s mysterious leader(s) have chosen to remain in the shadows instead of making a public appearance and that we might find out why someday…

Clearly Evon Gnashblade, Hero of Lion’s Arch, was right to have Hero-Tron spy on the Captain’s Council. Being the clever charr that he is, he must’ve figured out that one or more of the councillors must be getting bribes from the Consortium to put the Southsun Cove incidents behind them and let the Consortium rebuild LA instead of Black Lion Trading Company. Thankfully Gnashblade will be our vigilant guardian, looking after LA and its people even when the short-sighted Council is blinded by false promises and carrots from a shady corporation.

And Hero-Tron has disappeared from LA. I would love to know what he is up to. He is a resourceful bot; I would not be at all surprised to find him playing multiple sides off one another. He is good at being ignored by most because he is a golem and so has the best opportunity to gather information.

I would love to find small clues sprinkled here and there throughout LA that we would have to find by either talking to NPCs or overhearing conversations. I do not know how difficult it would be to do but small changes such as these type of clues and small building changes (progress) with each update would keep me exploring LA to find those things. It is a nice story line that I would like to follow but I do not necessarily want get it in a large lump update. Following small breadcrumbs can be a lot of fun and also keep us conjecturing about some folk’s ulterior motives.

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

It’s old Greg.

HA! Oh wow, I haven’t seen that referenced in ages.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’ve only been able to find the one baby Karka hiding in the I-beams on the barge. Are there more…there, or elsewhere?

Posted by: Huggywuggles.2814

Huggywuggles.2814

Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers.

Were ALL in for a world of hurt1

I am a Juicebox Hero. I poke straws in Risen Eyes.