Spekk's Lab's death lasers

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

So, dear devs, when did Spekk outfit his lab with death lasers, and why is this not in the release notes?

By the way, when you die in the lasers, the bots don’t beam you to one of the stations – you have to waypoint and run all the way back. Is this intended?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Are you referring to the cannons that shoot at you or the ones at the end? As far as I can remember both have always been there. Not sure about the deadliness of the ones at the end since I always avoided them because they do not look safe.

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Spekk’s lab always had the death lasers and the golems at the end. And if you died there, if did not auto-rez you. It has always been this way.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If you mean at the end when you’re fighting the 4 security golems those have been in since the betas.

It’s also always been the case that you only get teleported if you die in the lava. Death from anything else leaves you were you are, needing a waypoint or revive.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Pixelpumpkin.4608

The golems have always been there, but the many horizontal and vertical yellow lasers that spawn along with them I’ve seen for the first time today. (Not cannons, and not the two horizontal lasers at the end chest – they don’t do anything.)
These never spawned for me before, and I’ve run this particular jumping puzzle a lot.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

First time I cleared that puzzle, there were no nasty lasers at the end.

Second time, there was and I died a very nasty death because I did not expect them. I’m not sure if I simply didn’t see them the first time, or if there’s something else that you can do/avoid that triggers them.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Khisanth.2948

Pretty sure they were there before but I am certain they have been there since at least BotFW. I remember going there for the kite and during the fight with the golems I had ‘do not touch lasers’ going through my mind during the fight. I also remember thinking ‘ugh pushy golems + lasers >_<’.

First time I cleared that puzzle, there were no nasty lasers at the end.

Second time, there was and I died a very nasty death because I did not expect them. I’m not sure if I simply didn’t see them the first time, or if there’s something else that you can do/avoid that triggers them.

Did you fight the golems both times?

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The lazers have always been there, both the ones across the floor and the ones coming down. The ones coming down spawn when starting the encounter. If someone has already opened the “door” they’re not there and you get to skip it.

Not sure what they do since… I’ve never touched them.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I did that puzzle during the first beta weekend when Caledon forest was available and the lazers were there then. (It was the first time I found a puzzle and actually knew that’s what it was, I somehow got there before Morgan’s Spiral.)

I’m not entirely sure how it works but I think the lazers are either on a timer or deactivate when the person who flips the switch either beats the golems or dies. Then the trap takes a little while to reset.

So if you get there shortly after someone else you might find the lazers up but the golems defeated, the golems still aggressive but the lazers deactivated or both gone and get a free run to the chest.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Khisanth.2948

The lazers have always been there, both the ones across the floor and the ones coming down. The ones coming down spawn when starting the encounter. If someone has already opened the “door” they’re not there and you get to skip it.

Not sure what they do since… I’ve never touched them.

“It will probably kill you.” is always a safe assumption for anything created by an Asura. It doesn’t matter if the Asura in question is a friend or foe.

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

The first time I did that puzzle there were no lazers or golems to kill so I was a bit surprised the 2nd time I went back. Perhaps this happens if someone recently cleared it just before you got there?

Otherwise.. there’s a panel you can active the golems with.. just hang back and range them. Super easy

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

There will be no lasers/golems if someone beat it before hand, and it hasn’t reset yet.

Pixelpumpkin.4608

There will be no lasers/golems if someone beat it before hand, and it hasn’t reset yet.

I fight the golems every single time, but last night (after a year of playing!) I saw the lasers for the first time. :P