[Spoiler] I miss her and him, so much :(

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aedil.1296

Aedil.1296

I’m doing the priory personal story line again with my mesmer alt, and meeting again Sieran, and living with her new adventures it’s so exciting and so so sad at the same time. She is the best npc in gw2 imho and the person who gave her a voice really gave her also a soul.
[spoiler]I miss Sieran so much and knowing i will be shortly loose her again makes me so sad

Is there a way to convince Grenth to give us Sieran back? pls

I feel the same with tybalt, they are really the best npc ever
[/spoiler]

(edited by Aedil.1296)

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

She is up there with Tybalt for me. I’m not doing claw island on my priory character.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

You can revive her through the door.

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

She is up there with Tybalt for me. I’m not doing claw island on my priory character.

That’s cherry!

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Posted by: Ferum Flamebender.5910

Ferum Flamebender.5910

Tybalt… Why did he had to go the undead could have had my main…

cry

Aetra Ironbender, Rated E for Engineer- [WoT] Warlocks of Tyria- Far Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

All I have to say is “:(”

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

After the vigil guy( don’t remember his name) died I hoped I was going to get to fight him later as a risen but no such luck.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I refuse to believe she died when she has that permanent Mist form ability.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

She should have flew over the wall. I mean she did that during one of the personal story jumping puzzles.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

She should have flew over the wall. I mean she did that during one of the personal story jumping puzzles.

She needed to slow them down. To delay and distract them, so you would have time to escape. That means, she had to stand her ground, and give them a target. A moving target, maybe, but even she has her limits.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

All aboard the Feels Train. >_<

I miss Forgal, he wasn’t as quirky as other characters, but I enjoyed having a role model who wasn’t just “on his first field mission”.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

Posted by: Darxio.5672

Darxio.5672

Tybalt is the sole reason I keep trying my hands at an Engineer.

I honestly thought I was going to hate the Order of Whispers storyline the first time I ever did it. I have yet to finish any other storyline thanks to Tybalt.

Brigade of the Black Twilight [BBT]
Darxio – Thief Commander

Posted by: Sethorus.9231

Sethorus.9231

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

Hmmmm, I wonder what the title implies? >.<

Maybe you should change it to "[Spoiler] I miss her, so much"?

Good thing I already beat my personal story. XD

Posted by: holotype.1643

holotype.1643

Sieran is also my favorite npc in the game. I recently made a new female sylvari with her face so that she may live on

Championing Blackgate since Aug. 25, 2012
[UV]

Posted by: BurnedToast.3781

BurnedToast.3781

She needed to slow them down. To delay and distract them, so you would have time to escape. That means, she had to stand her ground, and give them a target. A moving target, maybe, but even she has her limits.

Meanwhile good old trahaern who we know is capable of summing what, 4 uber flesh golems at a time which would have easily been capable of holding off the zombies long enough for everyone to escape sat there doing nothing.

I’m convinced he let your mentor die on purpose for the sole purpose of having more glory to himself once he finished taking over your personal story.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Seiran was the best NPC of all, and anyone who hasn’t done the priory quest line really should, it has juicy details on the dwarves, and well of course Seiran.

Posted by: Gilgamesh.1025

Gilgamesh.1025

Meanwhile good old trahaern who we know is capable of summing what, 4 uber flesh golems at a time which would have easily been capable of holding off the zombies long enough for everyone to escape sat there doing nothing.

I’m convinced he let your mentor die on purpose for the sole purpose of having more glory to himself once he finished taking over your personal story.

Trahaern is by far the most hated NPC in guild war history…for me that is. I would of enjoy the story far more and like it a lot more without him in it. And he had the audacity to say “walk with me…” (stop ording my toon around…lol) at the end after having to walk up there to get him for the party…

Posted by: Day Trooper.3605

Day Trooper.3605

Sieran was a great (and really really cute!) character and I miss her as well

Posted by: VictoriousMonk.7150

VictoriousMonk.7150

There’s really no point in putting “Spoiler” in the topic title if the spoiler is right next to it.

Okay not exactly a spoiler but people can tell what you mean.

Posted by: Snowy.9580

Snowy.9580

…And now she’s just a rotting weed!

We’ll stop to sleep when the game is the best possible game we think it can be.
We’ve been awake since March 2007! Please help!
“GW2 the game with more rolls than roles!”

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

Oh man. I just miss Sierran, that loving, cheerful and gleeful sylvari.

Made me cry when she sacrificed herself. kitten ORRIANS!!!

Rest in peace Sierran!

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

Good for her. Walking plants are dangerous.

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

I legit cried when Sieran sacrificed herself there. That heroic sacrifice bit, while common and cliche, was probably the best written piece in the entire storyline. I actually liked her bubbly personality and I had a lot of fun adventuring with her. So I was angry when she was torn from me like that.

And then the story made me even more angry when, near the end of the storyline….the Sovereign Eye of Zhaitan mentions her by name.

Sovereign Eye of Zhaitan: I see in your heart that you have lost someone to Zhaitan. Someone named…Sieran. She is waiting for you now, beneath the dragon’s wings…

When I heard him say that, I just lost it. I went into a complete blind rage at that moment because I seriously thought, based on that dialogue, that the dev team was about to force me to fight a Risen Sieran.

Thankfully they spared me that torment, but it goes to illustrate how amazingly well executed that sequence, and and indeed the entire Order Arc of the storyline is. You actually CARE about the order’s helpers, because they have personalities and feelings and they feel REAL.

The person who wrote Trehearne into the storyline for the Pact Arc needs to take notes from the people who wrote the Order Arc. It is far superior in every conceivable way.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

Posted by: Kalaster.9014

Kalaster.9014

I honnestly dont wish for their return, if your going to fight for something, there will be consequences and sacrafices along the way. And that people, is what really hit me hard and is the only time i ever felt that way in a MMO.

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

Needs more apples!

I miss tybalt

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

They’re still out there… yes they are (they have to be) even Zhaitan is not kitten enough to take them down, so he has his lackeys lie about it.

seriously though, Sieran, Tybalt and Forgal must be among the best written chars of this entire game. each sacrifice was felt at full impact

…and yeah, my chars believe they somehow made it out (except maybe for Forgal, who might even prefer going out this way, may his Legend never be forgot)

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

Posted by: Relair.1843

Relair.1843

I totally agree, doing the quests with Sieran made me forget it was an mmo for a few minutes, like Bioware single player game quality character and acting right there. Then you have nothing else to look forward to but bland, boring run of the mill npcs and that god-awful Trahearne…who does nothing except boss you around and take all the credit and glory for everything you do. I seriously hate that guy, I hope one of the dragons corrupts him and he becomes a boss we get to kill.

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I killed every minion of Zhaitan I could when Seiran died :c

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

I would gladly sacrifice Trahearne in the blink of an eye, if I could get Sieran back.
Even though I would gladly sacrifice Trahearne without any deeper reason, I think Sieran was the best written character in GW2.

While I understand the importance of loss and how difficult it actually is to set up a NPC to achieve this goal, I still somehow wish she survived. Well played.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

I would trade that walking salad Trahaern for Tybalt any day.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Kinda funny they made all the original order companions so likeable but they made Trahearne into such a kitten.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: damny.9342

damny.9342

You can actually get credit for another player’s Battle of Crawr Island even if that player is not in the same order. So you can theoretically grab some Vigil player and sacrifice Forgal. (There will still be a reference about a sacrifice or something or other later, but you can always pretend that Sieran stripped naked and used her dress to cover your wounds or something.)

Posted by: tasaunders.3746

tasaunders.3746

There’s some veteran NPC that taunts you in…I think its Sparkfly Fen that says something to the tune of… ’ Sieran died horribly, blahblahblah and you’re about to join her!’ I think it’s some undead commander. Anyway, the point of me mentioning that was, I basically smashed this thing’s head in with berserk fury. I’d take Sieran or Tybalt over that inane, spineless necro-salad Trahearne anyday.

Posted by: SkeeLd.2164

SkeeLd.2164

I’ve done Priory and Order of Whispers, and oh my god I loved Tybalt. His dialogue was so hilarious, and his story was so touching :‘( What’s worse is that after the Claw Island chapter, I was casually strolling through Bloodtide Coast, exactly along the southern shore of the short river/swamp-ish body of water directly west of the Whisperwill Waypoint, a random big risen vet spawns from nowhere and starts to say they have Tybalt and that they’ve done horrible stuff to him and that I’m about to join him and all that jabber risen tend to say. Then an event starts with a headline that went somewhere along the lines of “Avenge Tybalt Leftpaw by Killing the Veteran Risen [something]”. I was so kitten and sad I beat the living kitten out of that kitten creature as slowly and painfully as I could.

Tybalt I miss you ;_;

Needless to say I’m all up for the “Kill Trahearne and bring back Tybalt/Sieran/Forgal” movement. ANET PLS

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

And how exactly was one more body going to significantly slow down an entire army? The entire conceit was ridiculousness itself. Her sacrifice was just a pointless waste of life. Especially because as a mage type she could have just used her magic to solve the problem.

The best way to ensure Sierren survives is either imagine that in the real plot Sieran wouldn’t act so stupidly or join the Vigil so you only lose the throwaway Forgal.

(edited by Ellisande.5218)

Posted by: Illiander.8049

Illiander.8049

I’d like to know who wrote Seiren and Tybalt, and put them in charge of all dialog from here on out. Because those folks know how to write with feeling.

Also, whoever did the kids in LA before the Destiny’s Edge reunion. That makes me smile every time

Playing on Gentoo.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I loved Tybalt and I love Sierren- I have purposely not done claw Island on my priory character because I know what will happen.
I have a second character in Whispers now and it was such a happy shock to me to see Tybalt alive and well and full of jokes as ever- yeah, no claw island for that story either.

After Tybalt died I went into a fury and started hunting risen- to this day I love Orr just so I can kill more Risen. If I could wipe all of them off the map permanently I would rejoice and build a statue in LA for the fallen Order companions.

Trahearne is a disappointment- he makes more sense if you play as a Sylvari but he is just so bland and useless….

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Trahearne is a disappointment- he makes more sense if you play as a Sylvari but he is just so bland and useless….

That’s because he is made of soft wood log…

Posted by: Laurelinde.4395

Laurelinde.4395

I really liked Sieran too, I was gutted when she died. The whole last act of the personal story is just nearly every named NPC getting knocked off, it is kind of depressing. When I played through Vigil the second time it wasn’t as bad, partly because Forgal was older and said it was how he wanted to go, and partly because I knew what was coming so had more emotional distance, I guess. But Sieran was so young and flighty, she still had so much living to do…

The other one that really cheesed me off was poor Havroun Grechen and her totally awesome bear armour. Having met and liked Grechen in the Norn story quest, I jokingly announced to my guild ‘oh, Grechen is here, if they kill her off too there will be a reckoning!’ And then…gaaaaargh.

I blame Logan. (It is our guild policy to always blame Logan. We are not his biggest fans. Tee hee.)

Laurelinde & Cookie/Beorna Bearheart
[TWG] – Gunnar’s Hold
Always remember Wheaton’s Law

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

I haven’t done Priory yet, but Tybalt and Forgal were amazing. When I heard Forgal’s voice, oh was thinking “Oh crap! Its Colonel Forgal!” since it was the same voice acting as Colonel Campbell from Metal Gear Solid series. His death line was also pretty epic.

Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: You may win the battle, dragon, but you will never defeat our spirit!
Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: I am Forgal, son of Kern. My father was the last Dolyak Shaman! I am a Warmaster of the Vigil! You will never make me kneel!

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

Posted by: Sowin.5187

Sowin.5187

It would be nice if we had a small side quest to build a shrine or memorial to our fallen friends. Similar to rebuilding the lion statue in Lion’s Arch. We could donate gathered material, stone, wood, etc.

I would expect nothing in return beyond the gratification of being able to pay respects to a fallen comrade, get some closure, thank them for their sacrifice, make sure their memory lives on.

If there were statues erected in their honor, I would spend coin, gems, or karma to place for example, an apple, at the statue.

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

I’ve run characters through all three Order storylines two or three times each now. My Elementalist, Engineer and Guardian are Priory, my Thief and Mesmer are Whispers, my Warrior, Ranger and Necromancer are Vigil. I loved all three Order Mentors… my only complaint was that there wasn’t enough of them. You only run three actual field ops with each – your initiation, helping out one of the tribal races, and Claw Island. That’s it. That’s really frustrating, looking back. I’m cool with my associations with my respective Destiny’s Edge mentors being short, because they still pop up across the entire Dungeon story arc. But the Order mentors, arguably the most likeable NPCs in the game, are there and gone in a flash. And then Trahearne. Trahearne, inescapable, forever.

I’m also not a fan of how quickly we scale the ranks of the Orders too… it reminds me of how dissatisfied I was with the JJ Abrams Star Trek reboot where Kirk went from academy cadet to captain of the federation flagship in all of one field deployment. It just feels hollow to me, no matter how you try to spin the surrounding circumstances.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

Posted by: Galk the Bloody.4629

Galk the Bloody.4629

you sure Tybalt isn’t around? Saw him at halloween and chilling on a beach

Attachments:

Posted by: MidnightX.6294

MidnightX.6294

this affected me more than the moment Sieran died:
“prepare to join your friends in their suffering.”
“ive heard your name before. the sylvari screamed it, just before she died.”
– wraith thadeus ghostrite
“i see in your heart that you have lost someone to zhaitan. someone named…sieran. she is waiting for you now, beneath the dragon’s wings…”
– Sovereign Eye of Zhaitan

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

I miss Tybalt

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

“i see in your heart that you have lost someone to zhaitan. someone named…sieran. she is waiting for you now, beneath the dragon’s wings…”

Does he say that? Because that doesn’t make any sense. One of the reasons that the Sylvari consider it to be their ‘calling’ to fight Zhaitan is because they can’t be raised as undead (whether or not the other forms of dragon corruption can affect them remains to be seen).

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

Does he say that? Because that doesn’t make any sense. One of the reasons that the Sylvari consider it to be their ‘calling’ to fight Zhaitan is because they can’t be raised as undead (whether or not the other forms of dragon corruption can affect them remains to be seen).

Sylvari can’t be raised as undead, but presumably they can still leave ghosts behind that travel to the mists. Zhaitan, as an uber-Necromancer, could very well have some authority over such a spirit. Or at least, his minions could use your uncertainty about that possibility as an effective taunt.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.