Spot the Karka

Spot the Karka

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jwake.7013

Jwake.7013

Here’s one I don’t think anyone has linked yet… http://imgur.com/lQDAwyU

As far as what I’d do with these buggers, I’d say since they’re just hatched, why not just gather them all up put them on a ship and send them back to Southsun Cove. Or we could just find them all and cook them? I mean I love crab…. make a big bond fire on the beach and have a luau with karka legs to eat!

(edited by Jwake.7013)

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Quick note: The Lion’s Arch Exterminator achievement is not a short-term option. You can complete the achievement in the future, at your convenience.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

Quick note: The Lion’s Arch Exterminator achievement is not a short-term option. You can complete the achievement in the future, at your convenience.

Can you tell us if the flower bed above the door one is meant to be shot at from above or below?

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Griever.7480

Griever.7480

Here alone are three of ‘em, if you can’t enter, wait. The password is password.

https://i.imgur.com/qIJj1uQ.jpg

while I didn’t find the other two, i can confirm that i found one. Second story, behind the bed.

http://puu.sh/izWvE/ed136a9145.jpg

I cant open the door whatever i do? any tips?

Spot the Karka

Posted by: EvilSushi.2735

EvilSushi.2735

Screenshot of the Vaults one…
http://i.imgur.com/ssZ1XaJ.jpg

Spot the Karka

Posted by: duskpoo.1824

duskpoo.1824

Directly left of sanctum harbor waypoint, it’s on the outside of the archway.

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

You know, I get it that Anet wants us to go look around this map. They obviously put in a lot of work and it looks great, but…

I must be getting old something because I just don’t have the patience for this sort of kitten anymore. I haven’t found a single one of these things that wasn’t posted here. That’s enough of that…

I’ll just wait until Dulfy has the full list.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Mythos.2930

Mythos.2930

One on the way to skrit ecto vendor. Hidden behind some vines

Attachments:

Spot the Karka

EvilSushi.2735

Under the bridge at postern ward vista
http://i.imgur.com/34VxIgq.jpg

Spot the Karka

Kal Spiro.9745

Here’s one I don’t think anyone has linked yet… http://imgur.com/lQDAwyU

As far as what I’d do with these buggers, I’d say since they’re just hatched, why not just gather them all up put them on a ship and send them back to Southsun Cove. Or we could just find them all and cook them? I mean I love crab…. make a big bond fire on the beach and have a luau with karka legs to eat!

You sir are a monster, and very short sighted. What we should actually do is tame them and raise them to be Lion’s Arc defenders. Lion’s Arc now has airships for sky defense, already had the navy for above water defense, the Lion’s Guard for land defense and an army of Karkuard would make ideal underwater defense. Also since they’re walking tanks they would be pretty useful on land too.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Spot the Karka

EvilSushi.2735

http://i.imgur.com/urQNDNH.jpg

Deverol Gardens, start from the top, jump where the personal waypoint is to a cliff across from the gardens and then back again to the cliff side. He’s in that little cave.

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

wooo, just finished 50/50, got me Princess

Attachments:

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Spot the Karka

EvilSushi.2735

http://i.imgur.com/FzeZNpR.jpg

One inside the building in the tiny room next to the char in commodore waypoint area. Then there’s one also behind the crates in a room upstairs guarded by skritt

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Jwake.7013

Jwake.7013

You sir are a monster, and very short sighted. What we should actually do is tame them and raise them to be Lion’s Arc defenders. Lion’s Arc now has airships for sky defense, already had the navy for above water defense, the Lion’s Guard for land defense and an army of Karkuard would make ideal underwater defense. Also since they’re walking tanks they would be pretty useful on land too.

What can I say, I think they would be so tasty with some good horseradish sauce. And I’m not a monster, I’m just a guy in a woman avatar who’s wearing a quaggan outfit is all :p

Though really I do like your plan; if and I mean, IF they could be trained then I’m all for it. Otherwise I’ll go with my default plan

Spot the Karka

Posted by: DrMORO.4627

DrMORO.4627

wooo, just finished 50/50, got me Princess

Oh, so this is the Dragonite eater I just heard of…

Darn, I just “Trashed” all 1,000+ Dragonites I picked up farming SW… Dumb.

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

I was having a hard time with this. Seems like sometimes the Karka just don’t show up, even though I’m hearing them chitter around me. Makes it almost impossible to actually hit them when you can’t see where to aim.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Maja.6372

Maja.6372

This karka at moa hill cant be shot ? bug ? ah and no sound too

Attachments:

Spot the Karka

EvilSushi.2735

http://i.imgur.com/U1763sW.jpg

This one is crazy hidden. lol, where is that noise coming from? Behind the banner! Woot, commodore.

Spot the Karka

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

BUG!

Engineers cannot take the rifle underwater so they cannot get to some of the Karka.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

there is no way to hit that one wihtou fly hack

If that’s the one near the gardens, you go up to the garden and jump to a small pillar nearby. Jump from there, and you can get to where you can shoot it.

The one in the flowerbed above the door, however… I honestly think I’m going to call that one bugged. Even with people coaching us, a lot of us stood where we were told and aimed where we were told, and never hit it. Worse, that spot is shooting THROUGH the flowerbed, which shouldn’t be how it’s done anyway.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Spot the Karka

Kal Spiro.9745

What can I say, I think they would be so tasty with some good horseradish sauce. And I’m not a monster, I’m just a guy in a woman avatar who’s wearing a quaggan outfit is all :p

Though really I do like your plan; if and I mean, IF they could be trained then I’m all for it. Otherwise I’ll go with my default plan

Well yes, obviously if training turns out to be unfeasible then a grand Karka B-B-Q in the Commodore Quarter is the way to go.

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Antonin.3926

Antonin.3926

You know, I get it that Anet wants us to go look around this map. They obviously put in a lot of work and it looks great, but…

I must be getting old something because I just don’t have the patience for this sort of kitten anymore. I haven’t found a single one of these things that wasn’t posted here. That’s enough of that…

I’m in the same boat. I spent the last 3 hours running around and only have 32. I’m happy for the people who find enjoyment in this event, but its become akin to pulling teeth for me.

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Well yes, obviously if training turns out to be unfeasible then a grand Karka B-B-Q in the Commodore Quarter is the way to go.

One does not BBQ a Karka in the manner of a chicken…One bakes them in a sandpit with hot coals….like clams.

Spot the Karka

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Here’s the first hatchling: https://i.imgur.com/lZpE51C.jpg

Lol I saw that little guy. I didn’t even know this was a thing.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Antonin.3926

Antonin.3926

Having the same problem.

Spot the Karka

Kal Spiro.9745

One does not BBQ a Karka in the manner of a chicken…One bakes them in a sandpit with hot coals….like clams.

You can definitely BBQ clams. But that’s fine, we’ll make it a luau

Spot the Karka

Posted by: DrMORO.4627

DrMORO.4627

Heard in-game that a German website has all the locations on maps, AND on video.
Anyone know the link to this?

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Great to see you in Lion’s Arch, Gaile.

Thanks for hanging out and helping people get their bearings.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Mythos.2930

Mythos.2930

Just above my cursor near the new garden. (this is the chapel in the hints)

Attachments:

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

WE NEED BETTER CAMERA CONTROLS!!!! Can someone take a look at second life and see what they did? Please?

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Arkvan.3561

Arkvan.3561

Heard in-game that a German website has all the locations on maps, AND on video.
Anyone know the link to this?

http://www.guildnews.de/guides/guide-zum-neuen-erfolg-loewenstein-vernichter/792/1/karte-und-video/

There you go! (it’s kinda annoying if your German is rusty, though…)

No one hears you.

Spot the Karka

EvilSushi.2735

http://i.imgur.com/jm5RUIn.jpg

This is the commodore salty pirate one.
[Edit] Nope it’s not the salty pirate one, it’s just the one in the crows nest.

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Vanive.3804

Vanive.3804

WE NEED BETTER CAMERA CONTROLS!!!! Can someone take a look at second life and see what they did? Please?

oh man that would be so nice to be able to pan all over like in sl.

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Tarrek.7436

Tarrek.7436

Apparently there is an area that has several karka that is only open at night. Why do you guys let stupid people make these kinds of decisions.

Spot the Karka

Menadena.7482

oh man that would be so nice to be able to pan all over like in sl.

Yes, for some of those Karka shots I kept wanting to use the SL keyboard combos that would get my camera pointing where I wanted it. I finally gave up with my Charr ankitten ow hunting them down with my Asura.

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Rez.8016

Rez.8016

The hints and karka sound effects, make an interesting change from past treasure hunts.

No holding down Ctrl and scanning for coins.

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

Now we just need the Empyreal one for those who missed it. Can’t believe this one was temporary and the other 2 are permanent.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Spot the Karka

Posted by: PsychoticWaltz.1768

PsychoticWaltz.1768

Afaik this is not one you need for the achievement.

Guardian [VoTF] – http://www.votf-online.net

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Agrotera.1254

Agrotera.1254

There is one in Commodore’s Quarters that no one can hit. It is up high on a shelf. There are several players here and none of us can seem to hit it. It does seem to move around so wondering if it moved to where we cannot hit it any more?

you can’t fix stupid

Spot the Karka

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

There is one in Commodore’s Quarters that no one can hit. It is up high on a shelf. There are several players here and none of us can seem to hit it. It does seem to move around so wondering if it moved to where we cannot hit it any more?

Have to time it for when it jumps. It’s hard to be sure.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I love Karka :< They’re adorable.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Agrotera.1254

Agrotera.1254

Ok it can be hit but it is extremely difficult, took me about 15 minutes to finally get it.

you can’t fix stupid

Spot the Karka

Posted by: HwaRyun.1807

HwaRyun.1807

So i have one more to get, and i can’t find it for the life of me. It’s the one named “Search Behind the Falls at the Bridge” in Sanctum harbor. Getting a little frustrated now sinc ei can’t even see a bridge or falls there xD

Spot the Karka

Menadena.7482

Gah! People are saying in chat that some are in jumping puzzles and I never could even get the easy ones of those. Hopefully princess will be a gem store item? hint hint

Spot the Karka

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

That one on the shelf has singlehandedly turned this from mildly entertaining to just wanting to get it over with and never see it again. I have even seen screencaps of where to stand and shoot but replicating that does not work for me. Do different character sizes shoot from different places or something?

Spot the Karka

Posted by: HwaRyun.1807

HwaRyun.1807

So i have one more to get, and i can’t find it for the life of me. It’s the one named “Search Behind the Falls at the Bridge” in Sanctum harbor. Getting a little frustrated now sinc ei can’t even see a bridge or falls there xD

Okay, this was weird because i was in the cave earlier and hit one, and even re-visited it 5minutes ago and there was nothing there. Then i changed instances and it was magically where it needed to be. Possibly a bug there i presume.

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Maja.6372

Maja.6372

just make it a 10 gold item from vendor or something like that
so many wasted hours and still not finished and no idea were i should look was all over the map already
change it into sw shovels so we can actually find it what about gamers who cant hear it is imposible to do this

Spot the Karka

Menadena.7482

That one on the shelf has singlehandedly turned this from mildly entertaining to just wanting to get it over with and never see it again. I have even seen screencaps of where to stand and shoot but replicating that does not work for me. Do different character sizes shoot from different places or something?

From what I can figure out none of my characters aims directly for the bulls-eye of the green circles, they are all a bit off in one direction or another and to different amounts. This has gone from being a fun game of finding them to me the frustration of being able to see it but not being able to get the target just right.

I know some people like this sort of thing, especially since it involves the JP. I wish there was more of a variety of stuff to do.

I will make the request again. A dragonite eater is needed and thanks anet for giving us one. Can you please have one that is not contingent on this though? Let those that do it have princess but let the rest of us buy something with gems, whether it is princess or something else.

Spot the Karka

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

From what I can figure out none of my characters aims directly for the bulls-eye of the green circles, they are all a bit off in one direction or another and to different amounts. This has gone from being a fun game of finding them to me the frustration of being able to see it but not being able to get the target just right.

Yeah, that’s why I gave up on trying to time it. The bullet never goes to the centre anyway; it seems to change every time I move my character as well.

That said, I’m unsure if the bullet graphic is actually related to hitting the target.

Spot the Karka

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

There’s one about half way up the light house on the inside wall, you can shoot it from the other side of the lighthouse on the walkway looking in.

Tip: I’ve found first person mode really, really helps locating these sneaky little buggers.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.