Stalwart Armor Skin: Add to Personal Story?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dex.7092

Dex.7092

I know I’m not the only one who’s longingly eyed the Stalwart Armor set for a long time wishing there was a way to actually obtain it in the game. Now that the Personal Story is getting yet more tweaks, I was thinking this may be a perfect time to squeak it in, since the chestpiece is already obtainable this way; it would make sense for the rest of it to be, as well.

(That goes for the light/heavy versions as well, which unfortunately I can’t remember the name of right now but I know they exist.)

As someone playing a charr with few options beyond gigantic, magically floating, or silly looking medium shoulders, I would eat my own left foot to be able to have access to that armor. Even if it has to be thrown in via the gemstore—I still would pay money for it. The art team already went to all the trouble to design and implement these armor sets, it would be a shame to let that effort go wasted.

Sincerely,
A Very Very Desperate Engineer

Posted by: heartless.6803

heartless.6803

This again, I’ve seen this argument for bringing this armor set back countless times. It looks literally exactly the same as like half a dozen other medium armor sets.

Medium armor is the most overused and none unique of the three armor tiers. It’s all trenchcoats/dusters and a wide brimmed hat or a bandit mask. Like half of the kitten sets in the game are a very slight change to that set already.

We don’t need more of the same medium crap in the game. We need more variety not more of the same.

Disclaimer: Under no circumstance should you take this seriously.

Posted by: Jinroh.4251

Jinroh.4251

Looks very…Bloodborney. >_> Now I kinda want it just for that.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

-snip-

I know there are people who don’t like all the coats in Medium armor, but as long as this set exists, it might as well be made available. Having one less coat option isn’t going to give us more non-coat options.

There are several old PvP sets that could use a reintroduction…although, if they’re added as Personal Story rewards, that’s not very convenient for people who have already completed the story, but want those skins. Hrm.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Jinroh.4251

Jinroh.4251

-snip-

I know there are people who don’t like all the coats in Medium armor, but as long as this set exists, it might as well be made available. Having one less coat option isn’t going to give us more non-coat options.

There are several old PvP sets that could use a reintroduction…although, if they’re added as Personal Story rewards, that’s not very convenient for people who have already completed the story, but want those skins. Hrm.

Well one solution for those who completed their personal story is to have a reward vendor in their racial home instance. They sell you rewards you missed for Karma. Problem solved and everyone should be happy!

Dex.7092

It’s all trenchcoats/dusters and a wide brimmed hat or a bandit mask..

I don’t disagree that most of the set is pretty ‘meh’, but the fact is that it already exists in the game, that the chestpiece is ALREADY a story reward, and you can view it all in the wardrobe, means that it’s odd that there’s no way to actually get it anymore, regardless of it’s quality or originality.

However, the shoulders are very unique compared to everything else currently in the game; sure, it may not be to everyone’s taste, but right now medium armor lacks in much other than big shoulder baubles, so it would be nice to have access to it. That plus, I know the light armor version of this set has a very necro appearance the game doesn’t have much of, so it would definitely add in some variety.

I definitely am all for them adding in new, improved armors—that would be great. I’m sure there will be several with HoT, and I’m excited to see. But in the meantime, transferring these skins onto some of the personal story rewards seems like an easy fix to making them accessible. They could add them in a variety of ways—karma vendors, gemstore, w/e—but since one piece is already part of the PS, it’s what I’d suggest.

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

@ TE

I dont know what you mean the armor exist in game. I don’t know how but I have all parts of the armor expect the headpiece.

Attachments:

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

@ TE

I dont know what you mean the armor exist in game. I don’t know how but I have all parts of the armor expect the headpiece.

You have them from the old pvp skin system. I have them all, too, for the same reason.

Dex.7092

@ TE

As Rose said, it was only available through PvP previously. Once the implemented the wardrobe changes, there was no way to obtain the set anymore, but if you had earned them previously through PvPing then you’ll be able to use them in PvE as well, now, since everything was morphed together into one collection. (Kind of like how I managed to unlock a bunch of dungeon weapon skins for PvE without ever having set foot in any of them, just by having played a few PvP matches before the change.)

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

This again, I’ve seen this argument for bringing this armor set back countless times. It looks literally exactly the same as like half a dozen other medium armor sets.

Medium armor is the most overused and none unique of the three armor tiers. It’s all trenchcoats/dusters and a wide brimmed hat or a bandit mask. Like half of the kitten sets in the game are a very slight change to that set already.

We don’t need more of the same medium crap in the game. We need more variety not more of the same.

There’s nothing quite like the Stalwart Shoulders in the game. I was lucky to have them unlocked and I use them all the time.

The Tribal Armor is pretty unique in game, the different pieces would have many uses.

Posted by: Stormclaw.5031

Stormclaw.5031

Fat chance. This is one of those many fixes that would take someone literally 30 seconds to pull off, just add a quick crafting skill to make the missing skins or slap them on a karma or wvw vendor, there’s a hundred ways they could fix this with trivial implementation and testing costs. Hell, they could just add a spoon you doubleclick to automatically unlock all the missing skins if they don’t want to muck with the crafting tables. But with the bureaucratic clusterkitten that is apparently what constitutes for the change and fix process going on over the past year, this will never, ever get assigned to anyone to complete. They still haven’t fixed the missing idle animations that’ve been going on for 7 months now.. remember the last time your human female yawned? Or maybe you’ve noticed that the female versions of skins like the Koda shoulders and heavy illustrious armor have broken, undyeable portions that have no such problem in the male version, despite being identical meshes and textures files?

If you’re lucky enough to get 10 pages worth of replies to this thread, you might get a “thanks for reporting this bug! we’re looking into it!” response at best. If I sound bitter, it’s because this bug has been in the game for TWO YEARS, and they haven’t done a thing about it.

(edited by Stormclaw.5031)

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

That plus, I know the light armor version of this set has a very necro appearance the game doesn’t have much of, so it would definitely add in some variety.

The light armor equivalent of Stalwart is Apostle (which is given out to light armor classes at the same story reward), not Tribal.

@ TE

You got them from achievement chests, most likely. I got almost all the Stalwart skins that way (except for the shoulders, the one part I actually want) and the same for Apostle (everything but the pants, again the part I actually wanted).

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Each to their own but a reasonable question nevertheless – why would the developers bother adding this skin in the wardrobe as a preview if we can’t even obtain it no more? Better still; the chest piece is a PS reward.. Why not the rest?

I too can think of many ways this set could be re-added I to the game but there’s no point bothering; it’d be dead last on the list of ‘things to do/fix’ if a list like that even exists.

Same thing with the Pinnacle weapon skins.. Previews only and not actually obtainable. Not that I fancy any in particular but just release them into the BLC.. We all know they’re ticket weapons.

There is also the ‘Primitive Staff’ skin that looks very cool yet absolutely nothing on how to obtain it etc. looks like a centaur boss’ weapon.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Pinnacle are the next set of achievement rewards after you run out of Zenith skins, their description in the wardrobe says “free to apply”.

Dex.7092

Aaah, thanks for the correction, HC. The Apostle set actually makes more sense, since it’s on the same visual quality level—they’re both relatively lackluster but unique, which makes adding them as PS rewards make sense. PS rewards shouldn’t be exceptional, but at least have a reason to obtain.

While I do agree that there’s very little chance they’ll actually get around to adding the skins back in, politely offering the suggestion at least feels like it will have more of an effect than sitting on my hands. (Might be a bit like trying to win the lottery by only buying one ticket, but you know. It can happen!)

It is rather unfortunate how many problems exist with the current armors in the game (tail clipping, anyone?) but I still have slim hope that the “easy” fixes may happen eventually… I am a powerful force of optimism and no one can stop me! ;D

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

They need to introduce all the skins that arent available, studded leather shoulders anyone? any skin that was previously available should still be available. So yea i agree with this so much

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.