Stat Combos

Stat Combos

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Isaiah Cartwright

Isaiah Cartwright

Guild Wars 2 Lead Designer

Next

I would love to get people thoughts on what stat combinations they would like to see added to the game?

~Izzy @-’——

Stat Combos

Posted by: A R W E N.6895

A R W E N.6895

Power, Precision, Crit in a ratio of 30/30/40 or combination that uses only two stat for example toughness, vit with a 60/40 stat ratio or Precision/Crit etc

Edit: Or maybe single stat for certain builds (healing power only or toughness only). Anyways I think that right now there is enough stat combination in the game, but some of them should need work before adding something new. Condition dmg for instance :P

I love debate
[Kr] Dungeon Speedclear & Fractals
www.keep-running.fr

(edited by A R W E N.6895)

Stat Combos

Posted by: Xykris.6758

Xykris.6758

Power, Percision, Vitality

Level 80 Guardian (Arashimorri)

Stat Combos

Posted by: Fasalina.6571

Fasalina.6571

Major: Condition Damage
Minors: 1 Condition Duration 2 Vitality / 2 Toughness

Major: Power
Minors: 1 Precision 2 Vitality

Stat Combos

Posted by: Saucermote.9140

Saucermote.9140

Pure stats, only Power, or only Condition Damage.

You don’t win friends with Salad.

Stat Combos

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Condi, power, precision. Basically what rampager should be. With this you open up the possibility of 1 condi spec being included in optimized pve groups.

Even Power, prec, condi damage could work nicely.

Stat Combos

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Power (main stat), precision, toughness or Power, precision vitality.

Also, anything with 4 stats would be interesting, as long as it’s more evenly distributed than the asceneded amulet style.

(edited by Sins.4782)

Stat Combos

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Condition and boon duration

Not only do they not appear together, but hardly at all. There is one single exotic weapon set which gives condition duration, and one armor set which gives boon duration.

Condimancers and boon stackers have no choice in their runes or traits because of this unexplained exclusion. And ascended gear has only exacerbated the problem as ascended trinkets not only have no condi or boon duration option, but unlike exotic trinkets they can’t even be slotted with any upgrade components which would provide it.

For a build dependent on boons or conditions, upgrading to ascended trinkets can actually result in a loss in damage, survivability, and utility! Only game I have ever seen where upgrading your gear can actually make you weaker.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Stat Combos

Posted by: Roy.7405

Roy.7405

I assume this is just for PvE/WvW?

(Major) Power
(Minor) Precision
(Minor) Toughness

Stat Combos

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

Negative stats? take min-maxing to another level.

Stat Combos

Posted by: That Other Guy.7351

That Other Guy.7351

I’ve always thought Valkyrie’s power, vitality, and crit damage was quite silly given the lack of precision to proc the crit damage and the toughness on knights does nothing vs conditions, not to mention if you already have a lot of armor it’s wasteful (such as on a guardian, who conversely has a low hp pool).

I’d like to see power, precision, vitality for when you want some crit for procs, but you’re not building enough to make crit damage worth taking and would like some extra survivability instead.

Stat Combos

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

Celesital-like stats except focused on certain things like damage-dealing or healing. As in, all of the stats would provide the same +10 or whatever bonus but be focused in certain areas as to create more focused kinds of balanced stats.

Stat Combos

Posted by: xsquared.1926

xsquared.1926

Boon Duration, Power, Precision (Or Boon Duration any, tbh. Buff the percentage on givers to like 30% for a whole set of armor)
Crit Damage, Power, Prec
Power, Crit, Healing (Souped up guard meditations anyone?)

Master Ruseman. Lv80 Mesmer 10/20/0/25/15
Boon Dispenser. Lv80 Guardian 15/25/0/20/10 Boom Dispenser – Lv80 Engineer 30/30/0/10/0
Chuck Thunderstruck – Lv 80 Ele 30/10/10/10/10

Stat Combos

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I don’t see much point until Condition damage is made more viable in zerg PvE, but I suppose with the addition of more reliable “on crit” procs there’s a lot of room for adding precision to all existing combos.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Stat Combos

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

Power [major] / Precision / Vitality
Power [major] / Precision / Toughness
Power [major] / Toughness/ Ferocity

Stat Combos

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

You know what I’d like to see?
Ways to reliably craft all the stat types without time gating or LS specific requirements.

But I suppose…
Major/Minor/Minor
Vitality/Power/Precision

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

Stat Combos

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Condi, power, precision. Basically what rampager should be. With this you open up the possibility of 1 condi spec being included in optimized pve groups.

THIS!
Condition deserves to be equally powerful to full zerker. Even more given the capping issues.

Stat Combos

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

Power(Major)/Precision/Condition Damage

Power(Major)/Precision/Vitality

Power(Major)/Precision/Toughness

Stat Combos

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Pure stats, only Power, or only Condition Damage.

I think having just 1 stat might be too imbalanced, but having twin stats instead of three stats might be ok though. I’d like Precision/Toughness, Precision/Critical Damage or Precision/Condition Damage as pairs rather than in three.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Stat Combos

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Uh, hm.
Hm.

Er.

Precision
Healing Power
Toughness!

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Stat Combos

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

How about all of them? Select the primary stat, then select the secondary and tertiary stats (no duplicates, of course). Sure, this would change crafting and ascended boxes a lot… but it’s a lot better than receiving a couple of nearly useless stat combos every year.

If that’s too much to ask, how about some combination of Healing Power, Boon Duration and Condition Damage?

On a personal note: I still hate you for what you did to Angorodon’s Gaze, Izzy. -.-

Stat Combos

Posted by: Opt.3714

Opt.3714

Condition Damage, Precision, Ferocity would be great for hybrid glass cannon builds! I think any of the three could work as the main stat.

http://opt.red/about Twitter: http://twitter.com/Opt__
Co-Leader, I Can Outtweet A Centaur! [TWIT] #twitguild
IGN: Optimus Maleficus

(edited by Opt.3714)

Stat Combos

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Precision Main with vitality and toughness. (Healing power would be okay too). We already got soldiers and dire, would like to see a precision version of those too.

Edit: I would also like to point out that the only two combinations with precision as a main are assassins and rampagers, which are both glassy. A precision main with defensive stats could possibly open up new builds, such as a flamthrower tank that focuses on on-crit effects and so forth.

(edited by Penguin.5197)

Stat Combos

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

I would love to see craftable gear with NO stats, but with 4 infusion slots (1 major infusion, 2 minor infusion, 1 agony/wvw/utility infusion) . And then add craftable infusions for each stat at each level (major minor), so we could mix and match our own setups.

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

Stat Combos

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

I would love to see a stat combo dedicated to support roles. At the moment if you go tanky and/or support you get landed with at least one useless stat (eg cleric – why do I want power? Why does my toughness gear always come with power+precision, power+crit dmg, or condition dmg!? I don’t need that on my toughness gear!!

I appreciate needing to balance in a bit of dps.. but the zerker standing next to me is going to do 10x my dps if I am trying to support.. let me do the support job properly and let him do the dps job properly!

Toughness / Vitality / Power (A bit like soldier / sentinel but with more emphasis on mitigation)
Toughness / Vitality / Healing power (No dps, pure tank/support)

Toughness / Boon duration / Healing power (This already exists but boon duration on gear is kitten!! Please fix!!)
Toughness / Boon duration / Vitality (As the above but with vitality instead of healing power for those low hp support players).

Stat Combos

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

What about getting all the stats we have now in Ascended form (Carrion rings, for example) first?

Stat Combos

Posted by: Yenrah.8532

Yenrah.8532

Major: power Minor: precision, vitality
Major: power Minor: precision, condition damage

Stat Combos

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

I would actually like to see Healing power become more useful among certain proffesions

there are hardly any builds that really make good use of this stat and that is a shame

I know Anet is trying to avoid the Holy Trinity gameplay and I do like that but overall personal Healing is pretty much… stale if I may use that word

I main a Necromancer whom even with No points in Healing power is able to survive combat perfectly well with Consume Conditions and some toughness

granted this isnt a bad thing as toughness does make me quite tanky but my healing skill is powerful enough to keep me alive with no points spent in the stat at all..

that brings to question then that there is no point in even having a healing power stat…

I have read the notes though and I am definitely excited for the new traits etc
but I would like to see a bit more love for Healing power in the future

there are some AoE healing builds out there that are just sweet but they are limited to Guardian, Necromancer and Elementalist (at least those are the only ones I know about) but even those builds get criticized because they serve little purpose in the actual game.. and you can just as easily complete harder content like dungeons simply by having a team of Zerkers and stacking behind a pillar…

I believe this is one drawback to the lack of Holy Trinity

the only thing I can really think of is if somehow a damage effect could be added to Healing skills that gets increased by the healing power stat

that way Builds that focus on playing a supporting healing role would be able to increase their overall damage and serve more of a use in group based content
the biggest problem with playing a healing role is the damage you do overall is tiny

this would allow you to play a support role without having to completely sacrifice all of your damage output
granted you would still be doing significantly less damage than a Power built character but at least you will be able to provide a small bit of damage support while still being mainly a healing support role

at the very least it will encourage more people to play with healing power which is at the moment almost entirely neglected by the community

It would be nice considering Power and Condition damage are the only real stand alone stats that give you increased damage output

Critical damage is nice but it requires a combination of Precision to make it useful

I think getting a little extra damage from Healing Power would be a fun little change and it would not be too game breaking considering the Healing skills are the only skills that really utalize it and there really isnt many of them

just an idea anyway

Stat Combos

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

Boon Duration, Healing Power, Power

Think it would go well with support classes. The 3rd stat could be swapped out for pretty much anything offensive though. Don’t think defensive would synergize too well.

Duty is heavier than death.

Stat Combos

Sarrs.4831

Quick q, Izzy, are Boon/Condi Duration actually on the table?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Stat Combos

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Even Power, prec, condi damage could work nicely.

This this this. Would be the greatest increase in variety you could make in terms of shaking up the PvE meta.

Stat Combos

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

We’re going to need something with ferocity as the primary stat. Preferably ferocity/power/precision.

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

Stat Combos

Posted by: Fenrina.2954

Fenrina.2954

I would like to see more affordable Vitality main gear. Especially for trinkets and the like. Maybe something like a Vitality knight gear (Vitality power precision)?

Stat Combos

Posted by: Shadowmoon.7986

Shadowmoon.7986

Yes by all means YES

Stat Combos

Posted by: Derrick the Red.1348

Derrick the Red.1348

I like the Power, Precision, Vitality idea.

What I really want is the ability to craft armor with custom stat combos.

Pelaera-Guardian/Pel Jubylee-Necro
TNO – Jade Quarry

Stat Combos

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Some stat combos with 4 stats distributed instead of 3
Note: total stat count should still be equal to 3-stat combos.

This benefits professions that rely on more stats the most, like the elementalist or the guardian, who generally want to have healing power or vitality in addition to their other specializations. This is especially important when moving those combos to pvp’s amulets, and even more so now that jewels are being removed.

• (Main) Power – (very minor) Toughness, Vitality, Healing Power;
  • (Main) Power – (very minor) Precision, Toughness, Healing Power;
  • (Main) Power – (very minor) Precision, Toughness, Vitality;

More stat combos that enhance support or control builds
Note: unfortunately, there are not many stats that support those roles…

• (Main) Healing Power – (Minor) Boon Duration, Toughness;
  • (Main) Healing Power – (Minor) Boon Duration, Precision;
  • (Main) Boon Duration – (Minor) Any;
  • (Main) Condition Duration – (Minor) Any;

Stat Combos

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Every possible combination of three stats.

And nerf all heals so that healing power is required to bunker. We shouldn’t have people running around in Zerk/PVT that heal themselves as effectively as Clerics. This leads to various balance issues with certain builds being too tanky even without any investment into any kind of related stats… just armor or damage.

In fact, right now, Toughness is the de facto self-healing stat due to the way it mitigates damage in relation to fixed-strength heal skills.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Stat Combos

Posted by: bllius.9027

bllius.9027

Vitality, vitality, vitality.

Stat Combos

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Power
Precision
Boon Duration

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Stat Combos

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

I would love to see craftable gear with NO stats, but with 4 infusion slots (1 major infusion, 2 minor infusion, 1 agony/wvw/utility infusion) . And then add craftable infusions for each stat at each level (major minor), so we could mix and match our own setups.

Forward thinking here, Anet should hire you, really.

Stat Combos

Posted by: Lunaire.5827

Lunaire.5827

What about finally getting carrion ascended trinkets? Been waiting over a year for this one in what I could imagine to be only a few lines of code copy / pasta.

I remember an anet rep stated on the forums that they would come with the “next update to ascended gear” nearly a year ago. While it is true that the ascended weapon and armor update allows carrion, the trinkets never got added.

Stat Combos

Posted by: Aiuris.9861

Aiuris.9861

I’ve always thought Valkyrie’s power, vitality, and crit damage was quite silly given the lack of precision to proc the crit damage and the toughness on knights does nothing vs conditions, not to mention if you already have a lot of armor it’s wasteful (such as on a guardian, who conversely has a low hp pool).

I’d like to see power, precision, vitality for when you want some crit for procs, but you’re not building enough to make crit damage worth taking and would like some extra survivability instead.

This guy said it all. Others have asked for it, and I’m going to ask for it again. Power/precision/vitality. With 3 variants having different major stats, it would be pretty awesome.

Stat Combos

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Condition damage
Power
Toughness

Stat Combos

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

Every possible combination of three stats.

There are 7 stats. Every possible combination would be: 7 * (7 choose 2) + 1 = 7 * 21 + 1 = 148 different possible prefixes.

What if they let us choose the major/minor stat ourselves when the equipment is crafted?

(edited by Stars.2179)

Stat Combos

Posted by: Bunnikk.2146

Bunnikk.2146

Power (major), Vitality and Healing Power.
Also, Vitality (major), Toughness and Healing Power.

Thanks for asking.

[RAWR] Monsters of Tyria
Monster of choice – Kitsune
Megaserver formerly known as Blackgate

Stat Combos

Posted by: Nexrex.8273

Nexrex.8273

Putting my vote up for power toughness healing power. If that’s not a thing it should be!

Stat Combos

Posted by: Riss.1536

Riss.1536

Before adding new stats, can we hope to get someday valkyries and carrion ascended trinklets ? Cause that still makes no sense they’re not in game.

Stat Combos

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Vit/Toughness/Healing Power sounds op for some classes xD

Condi dmg/Vit/Healing or Precision/Ferocity/Condi dmg might turn out to be funny as well.

Stat Combos

Sarrs.4831

Some stat combos with 4 stats distributed instead of 3
words

I had a thought here. The stat ratios for gear at the moment are something like 4/3/3; for every 4 of the primary stat, there are 3 of each secondary stat.

What if there were stat spreads which had 4 stats, all of which match the secondaries on a 3-stat piece of gear? So, say, an ascended quality chestpiece might look like:

+76 Power
+76 Condition Damage
+76 Precision
+76 Ferocity

Kind of a halfway point between Celestial and a standard set of gear.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Stat Combos

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Assassins trinkets

and for pvp:
berserker amulet with toughness instead of vitality