Stealth is Killing All Illusions Now

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MakeitNeil.4561

MakeitNeil.4561

Well guys, they have done it. Stealth kills every mesmer illusion now due to out of combat I think. It just happened the last update. Normally I would go… WTF. And I did in the game bug forums. But I wanna see what you think. Now D/P thieves can kill mesmers with their stealth combo very easily. What is your opinion on the matter.

- God Almighty Lord

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

lol wtf ? being invi make you OOC ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Adry.7512

Adry.7512

sigh seriously man……whats with this company.

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

they always break something about the mesmer in every patch.and the iwarden is still not fixed. now lets hope they fix this bug asap and dont wait like with all the other bugs

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I support this change. Moa kills all minions, stealth kills all illusions. Minion’s don’t have a “master”, illusions don’t have a target, I mean. Fair is fair! It’s okay to have hard counters against mms, but Mesmer’s aren’t allowed to have one?

Just kidding, being a vengeful kitten . I feel for you. Just remember this though the next time you moa a Minion master.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I’m getting really sick of thieves, their mechanics are so overpowered – not in the sense that they can kill easily, but nobody should be able to go that invisible, evade that many times and regen their health like it’s nobodies business.

Posted by: Bron.9647

Bron.9647

This is completely absurd. They need to fix this ASAP. Illusions are the core mechanic for mesmers . . . this would be like causing a ranger’s pet to automatically go passive when feared.

@ronpierce: It sounds like that’s a bug and should also be fixed ASAP.

ronpierce.2760

This is completely absurd. They need to fix this ASAP. Illusions are the core mechanic for mesmers . . . this would be like causing a ranger’s pet to automatically go passive when feared.

It’s a noted bug that has persisted since release. :P (Also, self transformations such as lich and plague kill minions for the same reason/bug. Ranger spirits, turrets etc do not de-spawn when moa’d…)

MakeitNeil.4561

It’s a noted bug that has persisted since release. :P (Also, self transformations such as lich and plague kill minions for the same reason/bug. Ranger spirits, turrets etc do not de-spawn when moa’d…)

Shhh bro. It is Unite. Just Shhh!

(edited by MakeitNeil.4561)

MakeitNeil.4561

Also, this bug hasn’t been around since release. I remember fighting Leon Harth. He was a mesmer that just stealthed and popped illusions. I remember distinctly using my D/P to stealth for 9 seconds and his iDuelist did not die. He just stood there until I unstealthed. That is fair. For a thief to do as I did and stealth to kill illusions is gayyyeee!

ronpierce.2760

Also, this bug hasn’t been around since release. I remember fighting Leon Harth. He was a mesmer that just stealthed and popped illusions. I remember distinctly using my D/P to stealth for 9 seconds and his iDuelist did not die. He just stood there until I unstealthed. That is fair. For a thief to do as I did and stealth to kill illusions is gayyyeee!

I was referring to the Moa killing minions bug being around since release. I say fair is fair. Mesmsrs get their hard counter fixed when their hard counter over Mms gets fixed

No sympathy!!! Mwahahahaha. Mes srs just love to abuse moa against me haha.

Posted by: Backward Sass.6791

Backward Sass.6791

This sounds like a bug.

selan.8354

absolutley not true. the illusions never ever ever went poof if thief goes into stealth. ever like ver ever ever. and moa has nothing to do in this thread. u guys can all have this stupid troll elite u can have it! this is a major gamebreaking bug for mesmers. with this bug we have 0 chance vs a thief 0 and with 0 i mean 0 like beloooow 0

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

I’m getting really sick of thieves, their mechanics are so overpowered – not in the sense that they can kill easily, but nobody should be able to go that invisible, evade that many times and regen their health like it’s nobodies business.

Oh god more whining about thieves… They’ve already nerfed nearly every skill the thief has (even though thieves were never considered OP in beta and received no buffs after that) and put a WvW item to completely disable stealth, what more do you want?

ronpierce.2760

absolutley not true. the illusions never ever ever went poof if thief goes into stealth. ever like ver ever ever. and moa has nothing to do in this thread. u guys can all have this stupid troll elite u can have it! this is a major gamebreaking bug for mesmers. with this bug we have 0 chance vs a thief 0 and with 0 i mean 0 like beloooow 0

I already replied to him and told him I wasn’t talking about the stealth killing clones current bug. Learn to read before you freak out on someone.

selan.8354

Oh god more whining about thieves… They’ve already nerfed nearly every skill the thief has (even though thieves were never considered OP in beta and received no buffs after that) and put a WvW item to completely disable stealth, what more do you want?

omg did u even read that there is bug? its not whining about thief its a gamebreaking bug for the mesmer. illusions stay up as long as enemy is in reach regardless of stealth. now it goes poof every time someone stealthes. can u guys top assuming we are complaining about your class? mes vs mes is the same problem atm.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

bwillb.2165

omg did u even read that there is bug? its not whining about thief its a gamebreaking bug for the mesmer. illusions stay up as long as enemy is in reach regardless of stealth. now it goes poof every time someone stealthes. can u guys top assuming we are complaining about your class? mes vs mes is the same problem atm.

omg did u even read the post I replied to?

ronpierce.2760

Ah the irony of asking if someone “even read”. But yeah, this isn’t a case of thieves being op, its a stealth bug. Clones aren’t retaining their targets anymore of the stealth so they die, thinking the target has “left”. It IS a problem. And no it’s not totally irrelevant to the Mm bug. It’s the same exact concept,’I’m hoping to get some Mesmer sympathy for once. Mesmers love abusing moa on MMs, now you get to see how frustrating it is.

bwillb.2165

Ah the irony of asking if someone “even read”. But yeah, this isn’t a case of thieves being op, its a stealth bug. Clones aren’t retaining their targets anymore of the stealth so they die, thinking the target has “left”. It IS a problem. And no it’s not totally irrelevant to the Mm bug. It’s the same exact concept,’I’m hoping to get some Mesmer sympathy for once. Mesmers love abusing moa on MMs, now you get to see how frustrating it is.

I like it. Most classes can have their signature abilities made useless temporarily by one or more class. No reason for Mesmer to be any different. Not like its impossible to keep someone from stealthing (including, like I mentioned before, a purchasable item to do so in WvW maps)

ronpierce.2760

I’m sorta indifferent. Logically speaking, they don’t have a target anymore and generally of they got casted they attacked at least once so… Idk, I could get behind it. I was just making a point that mesmers have defended their moa bug killing minions for a long time and show no mercy, so I guess I’m a little vengeful. I’m happy to see them get a taste of their own medicine. XD

selan.8354

I like it. Most classes can have their signature abilities made useless temporarily by one or more class. No reason for Mesmer to be any different. Not like its impossible to keep someone from stealthing (including, like I mentioned before, a purchasable item to do so in WvW maps)

i dont even use moa. its a stupid skill and its more for trolling so i dislike it. im all for replacing this elite!
but this bug is not a counter its a gamebreaking bug. mesmers have only 1 autoattack that doesnt require a target which is mh sword. so vs a thief we can now only autoattack as we have only ai that could attack a thief when he pops out of stealth. i really could care less about the moa skill. this is a way different problem. as an mm necro u still got attacks next to your minions. so if u wanna discuss about moa elite i am all for moa being replaced. but this thread is about a bug.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: steelwolf.9864

steelwolf.9864

My question is why wasn’t anything mentioned in the patch notes regarding this?

ronpierce.2760

My question is why wasn’t anything mentioned in the patch notes regarding this?

Simply because it’s a bug. I don’t think it is intended.

bwillb.2165

i dont even use moa. its a stupid skill and its more for trolling so i dislike it. im all for replacing this elite!
but this bug is not a counter its a gamebreaking bug. mesmers have only 1 autoattack that doesnt require a target which is mh sword. so vs a thief we can now only autoattack as we have only ai that could attack a thief when he pops out of stealth. i really could care less about the moa skill. this is a way different problem. as an mm necro u still got attacks next to your minions. so if u wanna discuss about moa elite i am all for moa being replaced. but this thread is about a bug.

I’ve been hit by a wide variety of mesmer skills while stealthed, not even counting illusions and phantasms… I think you may be doing something wrong.

ronpierce.2760

I’ve been hit by a wide variety of mesmer skills while stealthed, not even counting illusions and phantasms… I think you may be doing something wrong.

This bug actually can be a hidden buff to clone death condi mesmers btw lol. Do t have to waste dodges to force kill them. XD

MakeitNeil.4561

This bug actually can be a hidden buff to clone death condi mesmers btw lol. Do t have to waste dodges to force kill them. XD

Are you Holycowow? Cause that would explain everything.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

A stealth stealth nerf? :o

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

it’s already bad enough phantasms disappear when you kill their target and can’t be summoned without a target… I could understand clones maybe but this takes the kitten.

ronpierce.2760

No, High Warlord Sikari, silly.

selan.8354

lol. yeah this is a stealthbuff to clone death it makes everything go poof

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Problem: Some thing is wrong with mesmers!

Logical solution: nerf thieves!

selan.8354

yeah i dont blame the thieves for this. its a bug and without the bug fighting a thief is very possible and i did have some epic fights. so im not blaming the thief. this is just a major bug that has to be addressed asap.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

not necessarily thief. engi can stealth too. so can ranger.

it is the bug. other class is not the problem.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: captainteemo.6537

captainteemo.6537

I just tried to recreate this. I can still call phants/clones and veil and walk away but they don’t die. Are you certain this happens consistently?

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I just tried to recreate this. I can still call phants/clones and veil and walk away but they don’t die. Are you certain this happens consistently?

It doesn’t happen when you go into stealth. It happens when your clone or phantasm’s target goes into stealth.

selan.8354

yeah that still works, but thats not the bug. the bug is if your target stealthes. boom no illusions no phantasms, nothing. 0 chance vs thief

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Wait, a professions who can reset combat is complaining about resetting combat?
you know this is implemented to promote skilled play right?

100% this will be hotfixed before other professions get their gamebreaking bugs fixed.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Posted by: crazy.9083

crazy.9083

100% this will be hotfixed before other professions get their gamebreaking bugs fixed.

Actually, no it’s not, right?

And the irony – someone complaining about people complaining about a bug when he does the exact same thing himself without holding back…

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Actually, no it’s not, right?

And the irony – someone complaining about people complaining about a bug when he does the exact same thing himself without holding back…

yup ^^ it’s like complainception.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

MakeitNeil.4561

Lol, you are the last person that should be promoting this bug. You already destroy mesmers easily bro. Unite stands not a chance when you run zerker ammy my friend. Neither does God Almighty Lord.

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Seems legit.
That’s how the random WvWer reasons anyway.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

MakeitNeil.4561

If they don’t fix this glitch… I am going back to D/P thief. Mesmer is the only reason D/P wasn’t the best class in gw2. All I do is stealth and hit a giant backstab. Then… you ded son. Everyone roll thief to send the message.

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

For all those who say this is fair, You guys do realize that OOC let you heal to full HP right? so they can hide behind a rock or stay a little farther away and not hit anything again once they invisi. You will essentially have near godmode nad instant ilussion kills in one package.

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

Posted by: captainteemo.6537

captainteemo.6537

I see what happened. When the target goes steathed. Who in the world implements changes without talking to the rest of the community?

selan.8354

this cant be implemented as it renders the mesmer useless unless this is anets atempt to fix iwarden and it backfired. it must be a bug and not done on purpose. u cant kill a thief or anything that goes into stealth if uyour main dmg comes from our stupid ai.
maybe just rework the whole class without ai and more aoe like gw1 mes was and u wont have sooooooooo many bugs.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I guess we make stealth an elite skill like moa and everything is evened out?

Edit: Just teasing a little bit. I’m not sure what to think about it if it’s an intended change.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I support this change. Moa kills all minions, stealth kills all illusions. Minion’s don’t have a “master”, illusions don’t have a target, I mean. Fair is fair! It’s okay to have hard counters against mms, but Mesmer’s aren’t allowed to have one?

Just kidding, being a vengeful kitten . I feel for you. Just remember this though the next time you moa a Minion master.

Moa has a 180s cooldown. Stealth is far more accessible for two classes.

I have not been able to get in game and test yet, but from reading this seems like it negatively affects phantasm builds, and is a huge kick in the teeth for shatter builds when fighting thieves or other mesmers – just not having illusions up on your target neuters shatter dps.

If anything it makes the already overpopular PU builds even more attractive…

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

Not only does Moa have a 180s cd, it is also dodgeable. I have zero sympathy for Necros when it comes to Moa & Minions. (Necros do need some help but not on this.)

Enemy stealth cannot be dodged. Ranger LB #3 and C&D can be used against illusions. Engineer smoke blasts is also plenty of stealth spam. Mesmers have stealth themselves.

Mesmers have at least 2 illusions (potentially 4) tied to all of our weaposets. F1-F4 requires them. Our auto attacks are weak because phantasms make up a huge amount of our damage. So basically 4 classes can counter our core mechanic with a spammable invis bugging out.

I’m guessing this is due to the recent client optimizations that they rolled out. Getting rid of illusions faster reduces the amount of AI that is summoned. Probably for similar reasons that they changed the fire powder in summoning the ember. This is what scares me the most. If it’s tied to a huge optimization that was rolled out, I don’t think they are going to hot fix it because they can’t unless they revert those big changes which they probably won’t. =(

ronpierce.2760

Well if we still get no sympathy after you can taste it, good riddance, I hope this bug lasts just as long as the moa one did. Also you can stealth cast moa, so it’s not always predictable/noticeable. Also, clones don’t die when the target stealths, they die when they try to attack (time counter) and the enemy stealths, so they don’t always die, mostly to thieves because their stealths last longer. I guess learn to deal with it like MM have to. >_>