Still no old Human Female idles

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RandomWolf.3986

RandomWolf.3986

Hey.

As some of you may know, human females once had several animations, which are a big thing considering just how long we leave our character stranding around.

Some people complained and the animations were removed. A much larger number of people asked for its return. Anet considered its removal a bug but then admited that it was only temporarily. Nearly 2 years later.. and nothing. No updates, no Staff comeback, nada!

Now the asura got their facial expressions an update and humans cab finally look where the mouse moves. They also got their arm fixed, but still no old idles.

Now I’m just gonna leave this post that was said by someone who sure as hell is right:

“Hamfast.8719:
The “official” reason for removal of the female human idle animations was that some players complained they were “immersion breaking” during some cut scenes (especially certain NPC death scenes, when the mood was supposed to be sad).
Death scenes represent only a tiny fraction of cut scenes. Cut scenes represent only a tiny fraction of our online play. So why completely remove these animations from the entire game when it only affects a minuscule portion of it? This response was entirely out of proportion to the perceived problem.
And what about my feelings of immersion? I am usually bored to tears when the cut scene soap opera is playing. My female human was perfectly expressing my feelings whenever she stretched or shuffled the dirt at her feet.
And what about the other races? The Asura crack their knuckles and scratch their heads. Norn males stretch and smack their fist into their palm. Charr flex their claws. My female Sylvari waves her arms about and gives a great big grin. Do these animations have any place in those rarely-seen death scenes?
Please restore these animations to the game! I guarantee that more people miss them than cried about seeing them in cut scenes. Fix them whenever you have the time, if you think it’s such a big issue. But please restore them to us in the meantime.”

Posted by: Mikal Dynath.6195

Mikal Dynath.6195

15 Charrs agree with this …

RandomWolf.3986

15 charrs?

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

No kidding. It’s time to put them back and stop this nonsense. It seems every other race is allowed to have their cutesy idles except Human Females.

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

What were they again? I think human females still do the hair brush right?

Posted by: Hexs.8015

Hexs.8015

They had old stretching animations that disappeared with no answer from the devs. Bring em back Please :-)

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

15 charrs?

At least they agree and not being racist.

Posted by: Batelle.1680

Batelle.1680

Counter request- can we get a new animation that isn’t tailor-made for dudes to ogle? Like a normal person stretch or weight shift, or hands on hips something, anything besides the old abomination?

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

They had old stretching animations that disappeared with no answer from the devs. Bring em back Please :-)

I hear it was because it caused some inappropriate clipping.

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Counter request- can we get a new animation that isn’t tailor-made for dudes to ogle? Like a normal person stretch or weight shift, or hands on hips something, anything besides the old abomination?

Hey, I thought it was cute and adorable and I am not a dude. Women are allowed to be sexy and kinda silly at the same time.

If you want to go that route then there are about 90% of the Light Armors/Outfits out there that should be deleted as well. Nothing wrong with sex appeal at all.

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

I hear it was because it caused some inappropriate clipping.

NO

Hey, I thought it was cute and adorable and I am not a dude. Women are allowed to be sexy and kinda silly at the same time.

YES

Obviously

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Not at Arenanet. All the women have to be “strong” and “equal”.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

Hey.

As some of you may know, human females once had several animations, which are a big thing considering just how long we leave our character stranding around.

Some people complained and the animations were removed. A much larger number of people asked for its return. Anet considered its removal a bug but then admited that it was only temporarily. Nearly 2 years later.. and nothing. No updates, no Staff comeback, nada!

Now the asura got their facial expressions an update and humans cab finally look where the mouse moves. They also got their arm fixed, but still no old idles.

Now I’m just gonna leave this post that was said by someone who sure as hell is right:

“Hamfast.8719:
The “official” reason for removal of the female human idle animations was that some players complained they were “immersion breaking” during some cut scenes (especially certain NPC death scenes, when the mood was supposed to be sad).
Death scenes represent only a tiny fraction of cut scenes. Cut scenes represent only a tiny fraction of our online play. So why completely remove these animations from the entire game when it only affects a minuscule portion of it? This response was entirely out of proportion to the perceived problem.
And what about my feelings of immersion? I am usually bored to tears when the cut scene soap opera is playing. My female human was perfectly expressing my feelings whenever she stretched or shuffled the dirt at her feet.
And what about the other races? The Asura crack their knuckles and scratch their heads. Norn males stretch and smack their fist into their palm. Charr flex their claws. My female Sylvari waves her arms about and gives a great big grin. Do these animations have any place in those rarely-seen death scenes?

Please restore these animations to the game! I guarantee that more people miss them than cried about seeing them in cut scenes. Fix them whenever you have the time, if you think it’s such a big issue. But please restore them to us in the meantime."

There is a thread on Reddit where this is being discussed.

It was linked that this was brought up about a month ago, and someone then posted a few links on the issue made on these forums last year:

Here:

This bug has been reported and is currently under investigation. Thanks for your reports, everybody.

and here:

Soooo sorry! I asked about this and forgot to post!

Some time ago, it was noticed and reported as a “bug” that during cinematics, the “fidget” animations continued. So you’re seeing this exciting story bit about a dragon attack and, behind the scenes, your character is yawning and toeing the sand. It just didn’t fit.

So the animations were temporarily removed to be worked on and reincorporated in a way that allowed them to perform normally in the game but to stop (or maybe change) during cinematics. But getting to a place where the animations could be configured on a more fine-grained basis took more time than anticipated.

From what I understand, the team has the tools to reconfigure and re-enable the animations, but the team lead told me that naturally they’ll need to figure out when someone (or maybe more than one person) can be assigned the task. As it turns out, each animation bit needs to be reconfigured individually.

TL;dr: This change is coming, as soon as it can be scheduled and prioritized. Naturally, some matters that are higher on the priority list but this project will be scheduled as appropriate.

It was pointed out here it is almost the 2 year anniversary since the animations were removed.

• edit- YouTube vid of the animations.. go about 1:58 in for human female (almost to the end).
No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

(edited by Siobhan.5273)

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

Did they change the emotes quite recenly? I couldn’t find anything but this night I realized changes in the idle emotes which I really raved over and stood there 15 minutes to watch my Asura doing the old emotes with new facial features (I love the one scratching my head, because now I am also having a corresponding facial expression)

If not, I just didn’t notice for a while..

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

RandomWolf.3986

Did they change the emotes quite recenly? I couldn’t find anything but this night I realized changes in the idle emotes which I really raved over and stood there 15 minutes to watch my Asura doing the old emotes with new facial features (I love the one scratching my head, because now I am also having a corresponding facial expression)

If not, I just didn’t notice for a while..

They have updated the asura’s facial expressions. They would simply show a blank stare while doing most of the animations, not they’re way more expressive. However, the human females are the ones losing content instead of winning it.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Some human male idles are missing too.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I have way too many sisters, had many aunts, have a wife and daughter, have many female friends and have never, ever seen one of them do anything like this animation you dream about. The closest to real life I can think of is when I was competitively swimming and people (male and female) would mentally work through the race on land and their starts and turns where sort of kind of like that. In other words I don’t miss it and can’t figure out why you think it is a something required for the game.

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

for reference!
to be honest though i hadn’t even noticed that the stretch was removed,
if my character is standing around long enough for it to happen it usually means that i’m not at my computer :P

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

I’d wager $100 that is wasn’t a bug, and it had nothing to do with “breaking immersion” during cut-scenes… the female stretchy animation was removed because some prude(s) threw a temper-tantrum over it being slightly sexy.

There’s your answer, and it’s not coming back.

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

They should bring it back as a regular emote that you can type in.
That way, everyone gets what they want, really.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Posted by: Athena.3579

Athena.3579

They also removed the kick dirt animation (it wasn’t only the stretch that was removed).

It’d be awesome if they would update us on this so we can stop bringing it up. It’s been almost two years now? I’ve lost count. Regardless, they originally said it was a bug and being looked in to — if the change was intended, it would be awesome if they could just say so at this point.

If it’s a bug, please fix it — it’s been on the back-burner for quite awhile now; If the removal was intentional, please inform us of such.

Posted by: Batelle.1680

Batelle.1680

If you want to go that route then there are about 90% of the Light Armors/Outfits out there that should be deleted as well. Nothing wrong with sex appeal at all.

Women are allowed to be, but women are also allowed to be not sexy. Women should have the choice. Armor gives me the choice to portray my human females the way I want them to be portrayed. The animation, on the other hand, takes that away from me. See the difference?

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

We should be able to select from a decent amount of idle animation which ones we want our toon to use. Make them selectable, convert them in gemstore items or amek them rewards for completing a collection or some skill test. Just add more animation options.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Unpopular opinion: I am actually glad they are gone, they had some ugly graphic issues (hand-head clipping, texture stretching)! HOWEVER, since many people like them, I think Anet should bring them back and make every idle animation (every race) OPTIONAL at the settings! I want to get rid of my Sylvari’s idle animations because one of them have annoying clipping issues with my arms / weapon.

EDIT: The post above me has nice suggestions as well! +1!