Guild Wars 2 April fools 2015 [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Keeping one’s feelings and thoughts to one’s self is a very healthy and wise thing to do in many, many a situation.

Too bad that being outraged on the internet isn’t one of them. :/

Posted by: Girion.5483

Girion.5483

irishrose, allow me to point out that you’re in the wrong thread.
Granted, with all those people shouting at each other it’s easy to miss the actual topic.
This april fool’s joke was well prepared and executed and I personally believe that every person (full of age or not) can be expected to distinguish a video game world in a fantasy setting from the real world. If that’s not possible, there’s something to think about.

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Im offended by every other days whats are not apr1!

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Posted by: Melon.2389

Melon.2389

Tried to report OP’s post for harassment, but it was already reported. lol!

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

You should though. You should be clear about how you feel about things and say them out loud.

Saying everything I feel and everything that comes into my head is not a decent way to live. Sorry. lol

If one of my employees is thinking about me, "Wow, she is so hot, I want to grab her and pull her into a closet and bang her good, " No thanks, I don’t want to hear this or know this.

Keeping one’s feelings and thoughts to one’s self is a very healthy and wise thing to do in many, many a situation.

I meant saying it outloud for yourself, not screaming around in public, or making posters about it. It’s just at least You should know how You feel.

Posted by: Hammurabi.5942

Hammurabi.5942

Too bad that being outraged on the internet isn’t one of them. :/

That’s my secret, Cap.

I’m always offended.

Attachments:

Posted by: Lugaedh.3609

Lugaedh.3609

The joke ist not offensive.
But it is kittenING ANNOYING.

Maybe Arena net should eat a clown the next time they try to be funny.
It is an annoying sound. it maybe was funny the first 3 milliseconds before it was beginning to kitten me off.

I want to play my game normally, at least without this kittenty sound and bad imaging.
The very first moment i thought it was a bug (yes, the mesmer bug is still in i think – the gliding one…).

Please ARENA NET, if you do something stupid kitteny again, maybe let us decide to turn it off…
ty

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Love that movie.

Posted by: Erika Swan.6835

Erika Swan.6835

I agree with what everybody posted here, save irishrose (who let that stick in the mud in here?) I haven’t laughed this loud or had this much fun in guild wars in a looong time.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It is too soon, plain and simple.

you know whats too soon? an average of 88 people die per day due to guns in the US… so potentially 88 people died today in the US at the wrong end of a gun… and yet this game still has guns in it! like what the hell man! it’s tooo kitten soon!

In 2014, more people were killed by knives than by rifles, as many as five times more. Yet ANet allows knives to be shown killing people in game. It’s very offensive. They should consider those who read about someone somewhere getting killed by a knife and pull all knives from the game until enough time has passed since the last person killed with a knife has gone by.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Celtic Lady.3729

Oh, yet another thread about this.

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

It looks like there are the same person posting different threads trolling around. I wouldn’t bother to get annoyed by them.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Posted by: Jinesis.3782

Jinesis.3782

Water and food can kill people too. Drawning and choking.

Celtic Lady.3729

Water and food can kill people too.

Just say no to GMO.

Seriously.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Water and food can kill people too. Drawning and choking.

The Titanic went down on April 15th and over 1500 people died. They should remove all water from the game because I’m still upset about this tragedy and I don’t think enough time has passed to show water, especially water in snowy areas. ANet leaving water ingame shows an applying lack of sensitivity and I am deeply offended.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Arkwright.4128

Arkwright.4128

It’s…

For…

A…

DAY.

I’ve never seen so much whining over a simple (and what was meant to be) FUN event.

Posted by: Nomyzs.2095

Nomyzs.2095

You know, I just bought the game yesterday. Wanted to create some chars, see how they play, how they look etc. Have free time today but now I am more irritated than anything.

anduriell.6280

Just say no to GMO.

What’s that? English please?

I TOLD YOU SO

Celtic Lady.3729

GMO – Genetically Modified Organisms

anduriell.6280

Ah and vaccines.. Don’t forget them, remember they cause autism.

I TOLD YOU SO

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

Jokes are supposed to be funny for the person doing them. That’s how it usually is for April Fools jokes anyway. I personally thought it was amusing, and there are no changes in PvP matches so that’s just what I did. Since there are none in PvP, it might be safe to assume it doesn’t occur in dungeons either, but I didn’t check so something else should.

And for all the people saying it shouldn’t be necessary to make these changes to disable the joke, it isn’t. If it annoys you so much that you can’t even play a game you enjoy playing then maybe you need to build up a higher tolerance for jokes.

People in the map chats of areas I’ve visited seemed to think it was funny, it just seems like lots of people here can’t take a joke though…

Posted by: Demon of the Light.7961

Demon of the Light.7961

Ah and vaccines.. Don’t forget them, remember they cause autism.

Don’t be silly, now! There aren’t vaccines in GW2’s universe (at least there is not a proof about them existing yet), healing skills, though…

Posted by: Thuron.5648

Thuron.5648

This april fools joke is amazing! Thank you Anet! The tune when you die is amazing xD

http://www.gw2battlesupport.com/ – World’s first dynamic WvW Overlay

Posted by: Vykoz.7803

Vykoz.7803

its a kittening kitten event, that kittenes off a lot of people, its unbelieveable they havent released a fix yet and we are 10 hours in.

How kittening stupid is this company, they are loosing so much money from people not being logged in and buying their kitten. Trust me they can see it at their months result when 50% players are not buying kitten for a day. (and a lot will prolly not spend money for awhile)

Celtic Lady.3729

It’ll go away sometime tomorrow night most likely. I doubt they’re losing much money over it.

anduriell.6280

Don’t be silly, now! There aren’t vaccines in GW2’s universe (at least there is not a proof about them existing yet), healing skills, though…

But healing skills is magic and magic is GOOD!! My doctor doesn’t think so, but i know for a fact that chanting naked in my house to the spirits of the nature will cure me and my son from any bad illness.

Magic is good, vaccines are bad because they cause autism, and the GMO thing also is bad because my psychic told me so. My doctor disagree but as i told him: natural thing coming from magic can’t be wrong!!

I TOLD YOU SO

Vykoz.7803

you can doubt but they have many thousand active accounts every day, half of those are not paying / playing, that is a lot of money even if you dont think so.

Posted by: pete.1824

pete.1824

Anet should comment and act upon on what has been said in this discussion, remove this game mod ASAP, it is only making the kids happy… in some way?? not sure why they think its funny?

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

Remember, Elixirs cause autism everyone. Keep your children away from those autism spreading engineers.

anduriell.6280

Anet should comment and act upon on what has been said in this discussion, remove this game mod ASAP, it is only making the kids happy… in some way?? not sure why they think its funny?

Because most of the player base thinks is funny?

I TOLD YOU SO

Celtic Lady.3729

There is no proof 50% of people didn’t log on today.

pete.1824

Vykoz.7803

I wonder how many adult americans you would have found in here, should this event have been released one week after 9/11, but i guess none, cause they would never have done this, knowing that it would have been the end of them.

Plane crashes in europe, this is released, a lot of people are having sad thougts about dead people and THEY ARE WRONG???…….

pete.1824

anduriell.6280

Most likely this made even more people to log in today. With all this unjustified fuzz how couldn’t they?
I think this april’s joke is being the best yet in GW2 game. Boobleheads meh, but this one i would buy in gem store for sure.
They should make it permanent in game, like the laboratory, so i could go all day long like this.

I TOLD YOU SO

Posted by: Big Tower.5423

Big Tower.5423

Since i have the day off, i planned to play gw2 all day. Therefore i logged into the game to play my favorite game. Then i was struck with this prank, it was fun for 2 minutes. But then i hated it, because it deosn’t go away- and it’s annoying as kitten. Please give us an option to not wear aviators cap with arms into the sky. Please let us turn off the brown effect without turning off autoprocessing. Please let us have dialogue without a flying sound. Please don’t ruin my game experience….

7800 hours ingame, and counting.

Celtic Lady.3729

Why are you copying this in every single thread?

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

But healing skills is magic and magic is GOOD!! My doctor doesn’t think so, but i know for a fact that chanting naked in my house to the spirits of the nature will cure me and my son from any bad illness.

Magic is good, vaccines are bad because they cause autism, and the GMO thing also is bad because my psychic told me so. My doctor disagree but as i told him: natural thing coming from magic can’t be wrong!!

This is the winner in a whole day of golden posts.

In a good way

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

It’s 1 day per year, I think you will survive.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

anduriell.6280

Are you posting this in every single post in the forum?? At least don’t do the copy/paste thing..
As i said most of the player base (like 95% ) thinks this is funny. Not that i have any numbers on my desk but we all know this is true.
I think this mod should be made permanent so i could be doing the plane every single day. All of us.

I TOLD YOU SO

Posted by: Kavs.7286

Kavs.7286

Agree OP, there should have been a common sense call to shelve this April fools and open SAB instead or something. Even having nothing would have been better than the backlash that is going to happen over this. The events from last week are all over the news here in Europe with revelations happening daily. This was the first headline I read this morning before seeing the RT’s on the guild wars 2 twitter so its not unthinkable for people to start getting offended. I realise it may be different elsewhere but the crash is still fresh in people mind here and inevitably people are going to be offended. Personally it’s more annoying than offensive to me, and will just not be logging in for the rest of the day, but I can understand why people are getting upset over it.

(edited by Kavs.7286)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Sounds like you got owned. Which is supposed to happen on April First. Luckily you don’t have to go to work, your co-workers might of put everything on your desk in wrapping paper, covered your entire car with deadly sicky notes, stole your tires, gave you tampered food, let monkies loose everywhere, or much worse. You should of been prepared for this dark moment. What are you gonna do when a more impending doom happens? Like the Zombie apocalypse? You wouldn’t last 0.2 seconds.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Just a flesh wound.3589

I wonder how many adult americans you would have found in here, should this event have been released one week after 9/11, but i guess none, cause they would never have done this, knowing that it would have been the end of them.

Plane crashes in europe, this is released, a lot of people are having sad thougts about dead people and THEY ARE WRONG???…….

Every day 150 thousand to 200 thousand people die. Everyone of them is a tragedy to someone. You’re saying we should pay more attention to the ones that died in that plane crash and ignore the rest of the 150 thousand that died that day? The game should acknowledge the way they died and not all the people murdered with guns, for example? Why are they more important?

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Azzer.8137

Azzer.8137

Why the kitten should they rethink it because some plane crashed?, so they can’t use knifes, guns, rifles, bombs, axes and so on because some one somewhere were killed and someone was affected by it?

It doesn’t make sense, sure a plane crashed and so what? i swear people are getting offended by anything these days, sure it’s sad people died and whatnot but did you know what this is a tribute too?, no?, well it’s a tribute to when you were a child and played around like you were an airplane very innocent if you ask me, but no you kinda people need to put down “tragedy” as a reason for not doing things, stop being so offended by anything and just enjoy (or not) the game as it is today.

Posted by: Wreave.2138

Wreave.2138

This joke mechanic is incredibly poorly executed. It should be pretty self-explanatory for any game developer that you should 100% NEVER force your players to engage in something that is a temporary event, specifically for a holiday, unless they want to. To force players into something that isn’t part of the core game experience that can effect their overall game-play experience is just wrong, This does nothing but leave a portion of your player base disgruntled and not playing your game, which is exactly what you don’t want with any game! If people want to use it great! But it should never be forced.

^^This. That’s just dead on.

Seriously, isn’t this game-design 101? Its just obvious.

Re Bad Timing/Insensitivity: I’ve got mixed feelings about that, but it comes back to the above. If it were an effect that the player could just turn off, then IMO that wouldn’t be so bad. But bad timing + can’t turn it off? Double aggravation for those personally affected.

(edited by Wreave.2138)

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

I am with OP.

It is not that Anet have got in the april fools spirit that is the issue here.

Its the type of prank and its timing, highly unsensitive.

Sometimes there is a funny film due to be shown on the tv one week, but something tragic happens in real life that relates to the film in some way, the film gets rescheduled..

The joke is really poorly timed..

…please tell me people that link the prank to the plane crashes are trolling. I may have to look for another game if GW2 gets infested with oversensitive SJWs.

On topic now, a “Turn Off” button would be nice, but unless it was only activated after a certain duration already in game, it would be contrary to the spirit of the day. Even that, only because some people have limited time for the game.

And since we’re comparing credentials here… I’m a roleplayer.

spreads arms and flies away, making plane sounds

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

Vykoz.7803

Every day 150 thousand to 200 thousand people die. Everyone of them is a tragedy to someone. You’re saying we should pay more attention to the ones that died in that plane crash and ignore the rest of the 150 thousand that died that day? Why are they more important?

I dont see the relation to my post, but ofc they are not unimportant, a huge tragedy happens in anythning else and they release a joke that connects to it the week after, i will also be here saying that i find it distastefull.

I will also find it very strange that some people are trying to tell other people to not feel empathy and that they should just “laugh” at what makes them feel sad.

Doesnt matter either that their intent was not to make a lot of people sad, but they ended up doing just that, even if you dont find it that way.

Posted by: Brahnan.1026

Brahnan.1026

This is plane wrong. Just crash this thread already.

Posted by: Broom.2561

Broom.2561

Because most of the player base thinks is funny?

More correctly: you THINK most of the player base thinks it is funny. That’s called an assumption. I’ve seen both positive and (very) negative reactions in game. Without a poll, you’ll never know how many think it’s fun, and how many just log off (like me).

Posted by: Bathos.6341

Bathos.6341

I wouldn’t mind so much if they’d put any effort into it like they did in the bobbleheads with merging them with the body, and adding new animations when moving. But this looks like something a kid did with Gmod in half an hour. cheap, uninventive, adds nothing to make me want to play the game today.