Stop living in your fantasy world!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Dear Anet,

Please get your head out of the clouds. This game is not an Esport and will never become one. The vast majority of people play this game for the PvE aspect of the game.

Over 3 million PvE players have been begging you for new ingame armor sets for almost 2 full years. We have gotten none.

Now you are implementing a PvP armor set that can only be obtained by winning tournaments in tPvP mode? There are currently <1000 players who actively participate in tPvP.

3,000,000 > 1000. Please re-evaluate your priorities.

Thank you.

Posted by: Sciva.4865

Sciva.4865

Dear Anet,

Please get your head out of the clouds. This game is not an Esport and will never become one. The vast majority of people play this game for the PvE aspect of the game.

Over 3 million PvE players have been begging you for new ingame armor sets for almost 2 full years. We have gotten none.

Now you are implementing a PvP armor set that can only be obtained by winning tournaments in tPvP mode? There are currently <1000 players who actively participate in tPvP.

Thank you.

Where did you pull those number from? Like usual, it’s always some self-entitled hardcore PvEr that moans when PvPers get something unique to them.

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

-writes title-

You lost.

On Topic:

Looks like you’ll need to start PVPing. their priorities are fine. PVP got a balance patch, a dungeon track, and an armor set.

PVE Got A whole map, a whole weapon set, and ascended back armor.

Don’t mask “I want but don’t want to work for x” under accusations of incorrectly assessed priorities.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

Posted by: DragonWhimsy.6489

DragonWhimsy.6489

The slightly less glorious version of that armor is available in a reward track that anyone can access.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Dear Anet,

Thank you.

to be honest it was an oversight that pvp had no armor/weapon specific stuff. Instead of focusing on what spvp has, i would say one should probably focus on getting PVE these things.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

PvE gets updates every 2 weeks and you still whine. PvP hardly gets updates. Go cry elsewhere.

Which is exactly how it should be because NO ONE ACTUALLY PVP’S IN THIS GAME.

There are currently 8-10 different dry top maps FULL of players…

It takes me 10 minutes just to find 8 players to play a single sPvP match with…

The players have spoken, the devs just aren’t listening.

Posted by: Stormdancer.4972

Stormdancer.4972

Honestly, I don’t understand why there are different armor sets. What’s the point of that?

Seems like the only reason would be to encourage people to play a game style they don’t want to play.

Posted by: Siobhan.6027

Siobhan.6027

No new ingame armor sets you say?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_armor

Not to mention the numerous pve LS meta rewards. Scarlet’s headgear, gauntlets, that hideous shoulder thing, etc.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Actually, I think pvp getting an exclusive set is a good idea (PvEr talking here). For those that really want that glorious hero set, it will entice them to get better at pvp and to get into the tournaments. Beyond that, there is a slightly ‘lesser’ version being added as a reward track, which will again entice pvers into the mode for at least a short time. If they really absolutely must have it anyway.

It’s ok that certain modes have specific things to entice people into them. In addition to this, I think wvw needs a(n armor) skin or two exclusive to it. Although, perhaps lets not lock that behind the season tourney stuff, that’d just be frustrating. But maybe if its nice, maybe it would give badges some value?

Yes, pve needs new in game armors too, I won’t argue there, but that doesn’t mean that other modes shouldn’t have anything for them.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

Yes, pve needs new in game armors too, I won’t argue there, but that doesn’t mean that other modes shouldn’t have anything for them.

+1

I like the idea of separate skins available for each mode so long as most aren’t locked behind a massive wall. Tiered skins or something? I mean, just about anyone can run say, TA however many times to get the set. It might not be your ‘thing’ but so long as you put in the time you’re basically guaranteed the skins. There should be sets in pvp and wvw that act the same. Similarly there should be sets of a higher tier in each thing as well so that people with that skill set can show it off.

Hell mode skins for sab, etc. Things that are harder to get but still not impossible. And then a final tier for players who are completely insanely good at whatever they do – maybe a recoloring or slight alteration to whatever the ‘regular’ version is (example might be a white or black colored sab weapon for a player that completes ‘scarier than hell’ mode).

So basically… more skins =D

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

Posted by: calyx.9086

calyx.9086

Dear Anet,

Thank you.

Where did you pull those number from? Like usual, it’s always some self-entitled hardcore PvEr that moans when PvPers get something unique to them.

I’m a hardcore dungeon runner, and I completely support pvpers getting unique rewards. If I want those rewards, I guess I’ll have to leave my comfort zone and learn to pvp.

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

3 million PvE players haha, woo i haven’t laughed that hard in a while.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Well at least he is right about one thing, GW2’s PvP is never going to be taken seriously as an “ESport”.

Would anybody at all watch football if the point of the game was to score first and then sit in the same spot where the ball is first punted and prevent the enemy team from moving you, from scoring, from having any play, interaction, strategy, or choice? No, that would be the most boring game to watch ever, not to mention completely stagnant to play.

And yet it is exactly what GW2’s PvP is. Your job is to interract with opponents as little as possible, bunker, heal, tank, never die. This game’s PvP is going nowhere until the maps get a different, or multiple, varying methods of point gain.

Barring that giant flaw the developers refuse to address, that’s no reason PvP can’t get updates, PvP is not all about esports, not even about tourneys, I PvP frequently, outside of tourneys where the bunker meta hasn’t yet sucked all the fun out. And I have never been able to sit through a single ‘professional’ match of any game ever. Especially not GW2, where watching a ‘Pro’ match is about as exciting and interactive as watching a fight between two immobile walls on opposite ends of a room.

phys.7689

Well at least he is right about one thing, GW2’s PvP is never going to be taken seriously as an “ESport”.

Would anybody at all watch football if the point of the game was to score first and then sit in the same spot where the ball is first punted and prevent the enemy team from moving you, from scoring, from having any play, interaction, strategy, or choice? No, that would be the most boring game to watch ever, not to mention completely stagnant to play.

And yet it is exactly what GW2’s PvP is. Your job is to interract with opponents as little as possible, bunker, heal, tank, never die. This game’s PvP is going nowhere until the maps get a different, or multiple, varying methods of point gain.

Barring that giant flaw the developers refuse to address, that’s no reason PvP can’t get updates, PvP is not all about esports, not even about tourneys, I PvP frequently, outside of tourneys where the bunker meta hasn’t yet sucked all the fun out. And I have never been able to sit through a single ‘professional’ match of any game ever. Especially not GW2, where watching a ‘Pro’ match is about as exciting and interactive as watching a fight between two immobile walls on opposite ends of a room.

your analysis of spvp doesnt really make sense, the only way to win is to interact. For other sports that work this way see, boxing/ufc/wrestling etc.

As far as strategy and movement, it has that. I perfectly understand not personally liking conquest, or wanting new modes, but there is nothing inherent to capturing points that is not sport worthy

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

your analysis of spvp doesnt really make sense, the only way to win is to interact. For other sports that work this way see, boxing/ufc/wrestling etc.

As far as strategy and movement, it has that. I perfectly understand not personally liking conquest, or wanting new modes, but there is nothing inherent to capturing points that is not sport worthy

I just explained what isn’t cohesive to healthy strategic play, did you actually read my post? The problem isn’t that neither party is required to interact, it is that only one party is required to act on the other. In a good game, interaction is a constant flow of ‘play’ and ‘counterplay’. But in GW2, because of the win condition, it instead becomes a rigid back and forth of ‘play’ and ‘non-play’, or inertness.

Once a person makes a successful first move or gains any advantage, their optimal strategy (the only strategy) from that point on is not to play against their opponents and best them to gain points, but to prevent their opponents from playing against them at all to garner the highest point gain. Dodge, blocks, armor and health, and healing are all the most important parts of the conquest game mode, there is a reason every tourney has 3+ bunkers per team. The only active play to bunkering is interrupts. All bunkering tactics are things you act upon yourself or use to stop your opponents interaction, and all are up frequently enough that you do them largely regardless of your opponents strategy. All burden of play is on the person who has no ability to gain points or proceed towards a win, without any requirement of interaction or counterplay from the person who is gaining towards a win.

That is unhealthy for any play environment, you should be required to actively play for point gain and to win, not actively play for the opportunity against someone who is not being actively required to take any action against you, but only play on his own behalf in order to ‘not lose’. And then once that opportunity is gained, you as well become rewarded for becoming the immovable object.

Under this game mode, there will never be strategic depth, there will never be build diversity. And without those things, there is never going to be any opportunity for it to become an esport. It’s not even that hard to fix either, there are just certain design objectives Anet refuses to change or even take critique on no matter how obvious it becomes that their objectives were flawed.

Add in more varying methods of point gain. Give each map a mobile objective, give each map kill zones; you now have three objectives based on the meta-condition of map control, but which cater themselves to varying builds, open up team composition, and provide for diverse methods of play. I actually do NOT want more than one mode, that will lead to imbalance and cherrypicking map builds, but I do want one mode that actually works.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

God this thread’s OP is pathetic. “You’re not making content that caters just to meeeeeeeee!”. Kitten, I’ve pvp’d all of twice and don’t see any problems with the devs doing this. In fact, your post supports the devs putting effort into the mode to make it appeal more to the people who seek unique skins.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

Dear Anet,

Please get your head out of the clouds. There are currently <1000 players who actively participate in tPvP.

Please re-evaluate your priorities.

Thank you.

Dear Zudet,

Please get your head out of [insert location of Zudet’s head]. Where are you getting those numbers from? Hopefully not from [insert location of Zudet’s head].

Please re-evaluate your numbers.

Thank you.

Posted by: AtlasSi.9130

AtlasSi.9130

I am the whole pve community and I have spoken, the devs just aren’t listening.

Excuse me. I pvp in this game. I pve in this game. I do it all. 10 mins to find a match…thats a little over dramatic…what do you do? Join a match then leave because you can’t stack on the winning team? At most I join a match find it empty then join another and its fine…20 seconds of my life gone. Oh my….inb4imrudeandyournot.

I’m a hardcore dungeon runner, and I completely support pvpers getting unique rewards. If I want those rewards, I guess I’ll have to leave my comfort zone and learn to pvp.

We NEED more people like you around. If there is the slightest bit of want to learn spvp I’m sure most of us would be willing to help…I’m not the whole community but I for one will help if asked.

18 80s | 12 100% | r177 | wvw r970 | 9,000+ hours
BP → DR → FA → Mag → BP → FA

(edited by AtlasSi.9130)

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

God this thread’s OP is pathetic. “You’re not making content that caters just to meeeeeeeee!”. Kitten, I’ve pvp’d all of twice and don’t see any problems with the devs doing this. In fact, your post supports the devs putting effort into the mode to make it appeal more to the people who seek unique skins.

Can you not respond to OP without acting like a petulant child?

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Once a person makes a successful first move or gains any advantage, their optimal strategy (the only strategy) from that point on is not to play against their opponents and best them to gain points, but to prevent their opponents from playing against them at all to garner the highest point gain.

Heh, sounds like soccer to me.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

I was going to laugh, until I considered how many people in China play the game too. If you want a hint, its more than 3 million.

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

I was going to laugh, until I considered how many people in China play the game too. If you want a hint, its more than 3 million.

Hint, this isn’t china.
You think we going to ever close come to those numbers in EU/NA?
It’s a different publisher over there and they do a lot of things differently as well in GW2 china… of course its big there.. its freaking china lol, no doubt its more than 3million

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

ARE YOU kittenIDDING ME ? Almost 2 years and no pvp , www update and now when there is one , pve 1111 cryers come here and whine that this update isnt for them ?! Oh I am so sorry , and yes I hope that soon we will have more rewards for playing pvp and www , so sry pvers you will have to play pvp to get it .

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

I just explained what isn’t cohesive to healthy strategic play, did you actually read my post? The problem isn’t that neither party is required to interact, it is that only one party is required to act on the other. In a good game, interaction is a constant flow of ‘play’ and ‘counterplay’. But in GW2, because of the win condition, it instead becomes a rigid back and forth of ‘play’ and ‘non-play’, or inertness.

Once a person makes a successful first move or gains any advantage, their optimal strategy (the only strategy) from that point on is not to play against their opponents and best them to gain points, but to prevent their opponents from playing against them at all to garner the highest point gain. Dodge, blocks, armor and health, and healing are all the most important parts of the conquest game mode, there is a reason every tourney has 3+ bunkers per team. The only active play to bunkering is interrupts. All bunkering tactics are things you act upon yourself or use to stop your opponents interaction, and all are up frequently enough that you do them largely regardless of your opponents strategy. All burden of play is on the person who has no ability to gain points or proceed towards a win, without any requirement of interaction or counterplay from the person who is gaining towards a win.

That is unhealthy for any play environment, you should be required to actively play for point gain and to win, not actively play for the opportunity against someone who is not being actively required to take any action against you, but only play on his own behalf in order to ‘not lose’. And then once that opportunity is gained, you as well become rewarded for becoming the immovable object.

Under this game mode, there will never be strategic depth, there will never be build diversity. And without those things, there is never going to be any opportunity for it to become an esport. It’s not even that hard to fix either, there are just certain design objectives Anet refuses to change or even take critique on no matter how obvious it becomes that their objectives were flawed.

Add in more varying methods of point gain. Give each map a mobile objective, give each map kill zones; you now have three objectives based on the meta-condition of map control, but which cater themselves to varying builds, open up team composition, and provide for diverse methods of play. I actually do NOT want more than one mode, that will lead to imbalance and cherrypicking map builds, but I do want one mode that actually works.

Amazing post about the poor state of pvp!
As for the rest of the thread…
Haha! I too believe this game will never reach the heights of esports!

Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Hint, this isn’t china.
You think we going to ever close come to those numbers in EU/NA?
It’s a different publisher over there and they do a lot of things differently as well in GW2 china… of course its big there.. its freaking china lol, no doubt its more than 3million

Hint, it doesn’t matter.
China gets the same living world and content releases that we do (aside from the extra stuff the publisher does there). Anything that affects PvE/PvP/WvW here will also affect them there. That’s why China is important.

And here’s another hint since you don’t seem to get it yet.
Guild War 2 sold 3.5 million copies outside of China by August 2013, and had as many as 460,000 players on at the same time. That’s more than the concurrent player base at launch which sources say peaked at around 400,000.

The concurrent player base is not the same as active daily or monthly players, and its a safe bet to say that its considerably higher than that.

(edited by Chrispy.5641)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

The original GW did have an “e-sport” following and there was at least one international tournament held in Taiwan I think.

But PvP in MMOs will never be as large as MOBA/RTS e-sports.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

NO ONE ACTUALLY PVP’S IN THIS GAME.

Attachments:

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

NO ONE ACTUALLY PVP’S IN THIS GAME.

Hundreds people with rank 80 massive www communities but who cares give us more 11111 world bosses !!

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

Why do people act like Anet can only deliver either/or.

They should be releasing tons of new content for every aspect of the game.

But, I think that Anet always wanted a PvP game anyway.

GW1 is mostly a PvP game.

The PvE aspect of GW2 is tacked on to a PvP game, and is second-rate.

They will not focus on it because they never really wanted a PvE game to begin with – what they wanted was to figure out a way to grab the lions share of the PvE market/player base, but make an actual PvP game while doing so.

In essence, they want your money, but they don’t want to give you a proper PvE game.

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

Pvpers deserve some armor for their success etc, fractual players get the skins.. wvwers well get nothing really etc. Just pvp down the track I guess. Most games with pvp tend to have different armor for pvp.. WoW did.

And no matter what Anet does GW 2 pvp will never, evvveeeeerrrrrr ever, ever, ever.. be an e-sport. It’s unbalanced, never will be balanced and they cannot fix it. Time to give it up and just make it a celebrated part of the game without trying to hard to make it catch on.

Behellagh.1468

GW2 is a PvE game that occurs in a world setting first described in a mostly PvP game.

Just as WoW occurs in a world setting first described in a series of RTS games.

RIP City of Heroes

phys.7689

GW2 is a PvE game that occurs in a world setting first described in a mostly PvP game.

actually their intent was that it be a pvp/pve game. They always wanted wvw and spvp to be big.

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

Ooooh, someone’s mad! First of all this week is dedicated to releases of PvP/WvW for the Feature pack so everything they are going to be talking about is for…. brace yourself, PvP/WvW!!!! Get over yourself. You have NO idea whats in store for the other two weeks of Feature Pack Announcements. Calm your kittens and relax a bit. PvP deserves some TLC just as much as the rest of the game. I enjoy PvP a lot in this game even if I AM mostly a PvE player.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

ipan.4356

PvE is an afterthought in GW2.

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

Next time you’re going to buy an online pc game, I suggest you to read its name. “Guild Wars” explains all.

Posted by: Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

LMAO I do understand your frustration with them focusing on PvP a lot or at least it seems that way since it’s mostly all they talk about on their Twitter and Twitch streams but there have been loads of new PvE stuff and not much new PvP stuff implemented. I could care less about PvP and PvE in GW2 I mainly focus on WvW and I have to say that almost everybody that does WvW does PvP also cuz well PvE is boring. So to say PvP isn’t strong in GW2 is not a viable observation.

Forever Against Stacked Servers
Virual [VRUS] Alien Lunatics [StFu] Nocturnal Sxaddx [Nuts] Ft. Aspenwood
That which is dead may eternally lie, but with great aeons even death may die.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

— Talks about the hazards of living in a fantasy world
— Projects an opinion into a group of 3 million people as some kind of monolithic entity.

And also, a pvp armor set that can only be gotten by playing pvp? Shocking. I don’t pvp and this would be like me complaining that there are pvp achievements in the dailies.

In any case, people can and will play different modes of the game. But it’s more convenient to separate them into opposing forces. There are certainly many things wrong with this game, but on the other hand I feel there’s too much of a desire to pounce on stuff and attack without really even considering things.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Behellagh.1468

actually their intent was that it be a pvp/pve game. They always wanted wvw and spvp to be big.

I know but portrayal of GW2’s PvE as tacked on just rankles me. It’s obvious the PvE was front and center rather than PvP due to the streamlining of traits and skills as well as more casual than hardcore play.

That comment just screams why some GW1 players absolutely detest this game.

Edit: Hmm, didn’t know the forum software limits quote pyramids to two.

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

ipan.4356

The PvE world is not a truly open world. The invisible fences and doorways are immersion breaking.

Also, the rectangular shape of the zones is immersion breaking.

Exploration is linear and unsatisfying.

Exploration amounts to walking around grabbing PoI’s and Vistas – hearts if you really want map completion, I guess. And skill pts. because, well those are useful.

There’s no deep, meaningful exploration aspect to this game, so PvE is an afterthought.

ipan.4356

The entirety of the open world is so easy to explore, that it amounts to little more than tourism.

That’s bad PvE.

The dungeons aren’t much better.

Encounter design is weak.

Behellagh.1468

Open world in terms of game design means encountering other players during your quests, not an uninterrupted world space. It’s the opposite of instanced game play.

City of Heroes was primarily instanced game play and while there were “quests” in the open world, the world soon became a very empty place as players spent 90+% of their time out of view of any other players besides “party” members.

GW1 was a hub + instanced system. Much like PSO. Because GW2 isn’t that, it’s open world.

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

What I don’t get is why they didn’t bring back the original PvP-only armor sets like Tribal.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

PvE gets updates every 2 weeks and you still whine. PvP hardly gets updates. Go cry elsewhere.

The players have spoken, the devs just aren’t listening.

Have you ever stopped to ask yourself “gee, I go to pvp and there is barely anyone pvping, I wonder why?”

If you immediately go with your first response “BECAUSE ITS A PVE GAME”, then you arent thinking outside the box.

If there isnt anyone spvp, then maybe its because spvp needs its only special reward tracks, new game modes, etc. Maybe, if spvp gets that, then more people will log in and join. THEN it won’t take forever to just hotjoin and play!

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Serious? PvE have been having updates, new sets of skins, stats, new content every 2 weeks regularly something that is exclusive to PvE and when Anet finally announce they will do something different for PvP which is in a dire need, you complain? You should know that besides PvE there is also PvP and WvWvW game modes in the this game and they also require maintenance from Anet to keep players interested.

PvP players deserve their own skin, their own gear It is a game mode they are conquering and deserve a reward just like you get when you play PvE. The same can be said about exclusive items for WvW as well.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Attachments:

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

ARE YOU kittenIDDING ME ? Almost 2 years and no pvp , www update and now when there is one , pve 1111 cryers come here and whine that this update isnt for them ?! Oh I am so sorry , and yes I hope that soon we will have more rewards for playing pvp and www , so sry pvers you will have to play pvp to get it .

This is actually great. I will queue for tpvp. I’m not sure what to do but it’s all good cuz I will press all the buttons! Is cleric bear ranger still pvp meta?

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

This is actually great. I will queue for tpvp. I’m not sure what to do but it’s all good cuz I will press all the buttons! Is cleric bear ranger still pvp meta?

Honestly, you’re on the right path.

Don’t take the game so seriously and don’t fear failure. Even with a good build, you will fail now and again. You win some you lose some.

But yeah, no. Bearbow cleric isn’t gonna work. Even so, if you’re willing to play, that’s a good thing.

If you absolutely insist on bearbow cleric, at the very least you’re making the enemy team very happy and they very much appreciate your fooray into tpvp.

If you’re willing to learn, your teammates might even eventually like you also. :)

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

The real reason the game will never be an esport (as is) is because Conquest is, in general, an unpopular PvP mode. It only thrives as a competitive format when it is implemented extremely well.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i used to wvw a lot.. really liking how the pvE is going lately
was browsing back pieces today and thought one was half decent but it’s only available in pvp.. so, i’m doing that now.. can’t say i’m really enjoying it  /shrug

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

They need to stop pushing ‘esports’ because it’s not happening.
However, implementing rewards/skins etc to pvp is fine. PvE has had it’s fair share of updates. PvP has less players for a reason, because its rewards are poor and it lacks variety.

If anything they should throw this esports kitten in the dumpster and invest all the time they’ve wasted on that into making new things for all game modes, especially pvp.