Strange ghost pops up and goes poof

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: JaddynnStarr.5201

JaddynnStarr.5201

well consider what we are dealing with… bloodstone and unbound magic. could be that the bloodstone breaking apart is releasing spirits it held. after all, in a magical sense, blood is used to steal or store ones spirit. Seeing as how it has broken open, you could determine that the spirits are being released that were contained?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It has nothing to do with having acquired said Blood Ruby Backpack or Bloodstone Visage, because one can see the ‘ghosts’ without either one.

I don’t know what an account has to have done to see the ghosts.

Posted by: Pyrophobia.6592

Pyrophobia.6592

I was running around verdant brink a few minutes ago when one of those Ley line spirit things popped up right in front of me, then vanished. Scared me half to death. Is that supposed to be mean something or what?

Posted by: Nightmare.1234

Nightmare.1234

Thiers a number you can call for dealing with ectoplasmic aperitions like these.

Can we get a proton pack rifle skin with backpiece and a jumpsuit outfit in the gem store please just incase this issue escalates. Oh also hope this all ties into the halloween patch in someway so we get new halloween content this year

Death Good

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think it’s related to collecting Unbound magic.

I was late starting the new storyline, or even going to the new map, and I’d been mainly playing in Core maps so I didn’t even unlock the new mastery until last night.

I also didn’t see the ghost/anomaly/whatever until last night.

But shortly after I unlocked it and got my first bits of Unbound Magic I saw it standing in Bloodstone Fen. Since then I’ve seen it several more times in different locations.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: anninke.7469

anninke.7469

Thiers a number you can call for dealing with ectoplasmic aperitions like these.

Can we get a proton pack rifle skin with backpiece and a jumpsuit outfit in the gem store please just incase this issue escalates. Oh also hope this all ties into the halloween patch in someway so we get new halloween content this year

And remember, don’t cross the streams.

Posted by: Nightmare.1234

Nightmare.1234

Also if a human god returns and asks you if your a god, type /yes. We are not having a giant marshmallow man roaming tyria.

Death Good

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I said it a long time ago! I even got a shoutout in the now defunct Points of Interest by host Kate Welch.

Ever since we used Omadd’s machine, and we witnessed the Eternal Alchemy, our character has not been right in the head.

I miss Kate so!

I’ve noticed the odd scream from my usually stoic character, as well. Seems to be in a different color of text….or maybe I’m just a bit ‘tetched in the head’. o.0

Oh yes, I forgot about the scream! I believe that only happens in the Blood Fens also.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Djinn.9245

I guess it has something to do with the Blood Ruby Backpack(or the Bloodstone Visage), since Gaile Gray.6029 stated/suggested that farming(for magic and Blood Ruby) in Bloodstone fen could lead to some sort of bloodstone madness. And the quote of Glenna on the backpiece: “You should be careful about carrying this around with you.—Scholar Glenna” -> Wiki

Oh, I’m sure of it.

Well, I’m not sure of it in a game development sense, but we start collecting Unbound Magic, and before you know it, we’re taking a “just a few minutes I can quit at any time” attitude about it. That way seems to lead to some sort of bloodstone madness, right?

I don’t have the pack or the visage but my character screams and sees the ghosts. Probably just gathering unbound magic and bloodstone rubies.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Danikat.8537

With everything we’ve learned recently about the dangers of the Bloodstone’s magic, and excess magic in general, it seems a bit odd that we immediately started dashing around collecting it ourselves.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’m 95% sure the screaming is just a bug related to the Jade Constructs.

In the instance where you first encounter a Jade Construct down in the pit where the explosion occurred, your character always screams when you first encounter the Jade Construct and it starts debuffing you with the attack you’re supposed to counter-spell. Which is likely the intended response, given the whole thing where the Pact soldier apparently got their insides fried by a Construct (you can find her and a Priory Researcher in the Pact camp on the ground level). I assume its supposed to be your character reacting to getting hit by the same thing.

It happening in the open world in Bloodstone Fen is probably a bug. Its probably supposed to trigger during the Jade Construct event chain only specifically when you get hit by that attack, but something is making it trigger at other times. I have actually seen it trigger at the right time as well.

As for the Anomaly’s popping up in random spots… yeah, that seems like something intentional. Seems pretty eerie.

Posted by: warrior shapper.6502

warrior shapper.6502

Has anyone else seen the smaller VG/Legline Anomaly spawn in guild halls, first by a lightning sound then it appears for 2-3 seconds then disappears?

is this a bug or is it linked to the Living story with the bloodstone?

And no this isn’t someone in my guild with the fractal tonic.
i will try and get a screenshot next time

Dream Rider [ART]
Art of Skills Desolation EU
Warrior shapper.6502

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Posted by: warrior shapper.6502

warrior shapper.6502

thanks , had not seen this thread

Dream Rider [ART]
Art of Skills Desolation EU
Warrior shapper.6502

Danikat.8537

I had it appear during a story instance (Defending the Keep) on a level 33 character.

Which I think means a) it can appear anywhere, at least in PvE and b) the effect is account-wide since this is a relatively new character who obviously hasn’t done any of the new story or been to the new map.

Posted by: Laurie.1698

Laurie.1698

Saw it in the water in Orr yesterday. Just standing there looking at me. I’ve seen it many times now in different areas. The “scream”..I was mining bloodstone crystals and landed on the very edge of an island to get one, a large Norn did the same. We stood there for a second after mining the node and both screamed at the same time. Tiny Asura scream, large Norn scream…and then laughed at each other and flew off. So it is pretty odd, entertaining, disconcerting but most of all, fun. edit to mention the other part…I asked him…“did you scream?” he said yes, he said “did you scream?” I said yes…another person that just landed said “ice cream” after seeing our conversation, and then flew off.

“Do not scorn caring and sympathizing, they are the gifts of a gentle heart!”
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

(edited by Laurie.1698)

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Saw it in the water in Orr yesterday. Just standing there looking at me. I’ve seen it many times now in different areas. The “scream”..I was mining bloodstone crystals and landed on the very edge of an island to get one, a large Norn did the same. We stood there for a second after mining the node and both screamed at the same time. Tiny Asura scream, large Norn scream…and then laughed at each other and flew off. So it is pretty odd, entertaining, disconcerting but most of all, fun. edit to mention the other part…I asked him…“did you scream?” he said yes, he said “did you scream?” I said yes…another person that just landed said “ice cream” after seeing our conversation, and then flew off.

That 3rd person was no doubt an anet employee on a personal account watching all the mayhem they are causing and getting a good laugh out of it!

Trust no one….

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

It’s not a ghost. It’s Doctor Manhatten reforming himself.

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

:o sounds great if intentional and setup for episode 2 of LS.

I hope they’re still around in a couple of weeks so I can get to play and see them myself.

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

My charr keeps seeing them. Odd thing is, she’s never been to Bloodstone Fen. She did nick Levvi’s Device off my twig main, however.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Danikat.8537

My charr keeps seeing them. Odd thing is, she’s never been to Bloodstone Fen. She did nick Levvi’s Device off my twig main, however.

This is another part of why I think it’s related to collecting Unbound Magic, which is an account bound currency.

I didn’t see it at all until my main character had been to Bloodstone Fen and I’d trained the mastery track and got my first bits of Unbound Magic. (But before I spent any of it, or got the Bloodstone backpack or mask, which I still don’t have.)

After that I started seeing it on all my characters, even low level ones who haven’t been to Bloodstone Fen.

I’m temped to spend an evening only playing on my free account to see if it appears then. But trying to prove a negative is extremely difficult – if I don’t see it I don’t know if it’s because I’ll never see it on that account or if it’s because I wasn’t in the right place at the right time.

But what I’m more interested in right now is what this thing actually is. We had the elemental style anomalies appearing and attacking things, then we had the big one rushing around warping the world (until we killed it). But this one just seems to stand there for a few seconds and then disappear.

It could be the same one which has simply figured out how to appear in a form we can’t attack and is now safe to investigate Tyria so it’s hopping around checking out different locations. Or it could be something new and different. It could even be something our characters are imagining.

Whatever it is I hope we get to find out soon.

Ceridwen.6703

This is another part of why I think it’s related to collecting Unbound Magic, which is an account bound currency.

I didn’t see it at all until my main character had been to Bloodstone Fen and I’d trained the mastery track and got my first bits of Unbound Magic. (But before I spent any of it, or got the Bloodstone backpack or mask, which I still don’t have.)

After that I started seeing it on all my characters, even low level ones who haven’t been to Bloodstone Fen.

I’m temped to spend an evening only playing on my free account to see if it appears then. But trying to prove a negative is extremely difficult – if I don’t see it I don’t know if it’s because I’ll never see it on that account or if it’s because I wasn’t in the right place at the right time.

But what I’m more interested in right now is what this thing actually is. We had the elemental style anomalies appearing and attacking things, then we had the big one rushing around warping the world (until we killed it). But this one just seems to stand there for a few seconds and then disappear.

It could be the same one which has simply figured out how to appear in a form we can’t attack and is now safe to investigate Tyria so it’s hopping around checking out different locations. Or it could be something new and different. It could even be something our characters are imagining.

Whatever it is I hope we get to find out soon.

I haven’t the mask or backpack either, but have spent enough time on my main collecting some unbound magic stuff, plus doing the story, in the first week of release. I would be inclined to agree with your unbound magic theory, and have now had my charr assist in taking down an anomaly in Gendarran Fields, so she’s had direct contact and my internal lore is satisfied.

And yes, I’d like to find out what’s going on soon too!

Posted by: Nitron.6405

Nitron.6405

In the last day or two fish have been jumping out of the water and “swimming” on land nearby. When I attack them they jump back into the water.

I also occasionally see candy corn nodes flash into existence for half a second before disappearing.

I saw a candy corn node do that the other day…

Posted by: ZanchinFissure.7981

ZanchinFissure.7981

In the last day or two fish have been jumping out of the water and “swimming” on land nearby. When I attack them they jump back into the water.

I also occasionally see candy corn nodes flash into existence for half a second before disappearing.

I saw a candy corn node do that the other day…

Lol. Old school bug. Candy corn madness.

Djinn.9245

I was just running around Sparkfly Fen and heard a strange noise – I turned around and there was one of the ghosts. I don’t know if they always made a noise when they appeared.

Posted by: Michael Fejervary.8576

Michael Fejervary.8576

I don’t see it as being tied to the unbound magic as my two kids have been to bloodstone fen and collected plenty of that currency and have yet to see them.

However, they have not yet done any of the current events that were released with the Ley-Line Anomalies that run around the three maps, and one of the two has finished the blood stone crazed beasts as well. Neither have seen them yet.

Now me and my brother were talking and joking around about how it would be funny if somehow they were the mursaat getting ready to pull a cybermen invasion.

Posted by: Supercluster.7159

Supercluster.7159

These ghosts are hair-raising enough but if I start seeing clowns appear I’m shutting off my computer.

Posted by: Eragon.8234

Eragon.8234

I can confirm it. I have gathered plenty of unbound magic, but had not seen it, at all. I only saw it after I did one of the ley-line anomaly events. It scared the crap out of me, my friends thought I was going crazy when I saw it, and they didn’t.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I did that, and there are few things I regret moa.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Oh, you want to start that sort of thing up? When will you learn to let things ley?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Oh, you want to start that sort of thing up? When will you learn to let things ley?

This thread is going to the birds.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Lakemine.3014

Lakemine.3014

First off……is it weird that when I first saw the ghosts I was not weirded out at all? (Then again…..im more weirder and strange then most people) Because when I saw it first I was like “Oh so now its getting worse.” (All the ley line magic going nutzo from the Bloodstone blowing up and yes I immediately know the ghosts were the souls that were stuck in the Bloodstone and now out and about because of it blowing up) Second…..about the screaming…..my characters hasn’t done that, at all running around Bloodstone Fen or Core Maps or HoT maps.

Also…….maybe other people have talked about this but……is the ley line magic like the Force? and that’s why the ley line magic is showing up like humanoid? Or is it showing up like that because of magic users messing with it? And what about the parts of magic that have been messed with by the elder dragons? or the Mursaat? (Mind you I’m really a newb on any lore from before GW2)

Also another aside……if they are ghosts we are going to be interacting with in LS3 Ep 2……what happens when they come in contact with Balinda’s ghost in Marjory’s sword?

(edited by Lakemine.3014)

Lakemine.3014

I had WAY to much fun with my guildy yesterday.

She has more AP then me and its a competition for me to try to get higher then her and beat her so were always going back and forth. Anyways….told her I could help her get some more AP in Bloodstone Fen…..took her to buy the “Ride the Ley Line” ability and then took her to a ley line and just stood there and told her to use it in the ley line. What followed was one of the best trolls I have ever done, I both helped and messed with her so bad. the guild chat lite up after that (in a fun way of course)

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I’m fairly sure it’s Tyler Durden.

Lakemine.3014

Who is that?

Posted by: Asukai.4507

Asukai.4507

The ghost did surprise me I think it has to do with the anomaly events.

However the randomly screaming that my character dose in Bloodstone Fen that I don’t mind.

Posted by: brittitude.1983

brittitude.1983

I was on my second account that doesn’t have HoT, and I saw one in Diessa Plateau and then another one in Dredgehaunt. So it doesn’t look like seeing them is related to any of the new LS3 stuff.

I don’t see it as being tied to the unbound magic as my two kids have been to bloodstone fen and collected plenty of that currency and have yet to see them.

However, they have not yet done any of the current events that were released with the Ley-Line Anomalies that run around the three maps, and one of the two has finished the blood stone crazed beasts as well. Neither have seen them yet.

It could very well be the actual Ley-line Anomaly “sighting” achievement that unlocks that allows this to happen. I have that on my alt account, but I have also done most of the current events except some of the newest ones, so it could be a different one.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Speaking of birds … I shan’t give any spoilers except to say you guys might want to talk to any cats you see (most won’t do anything special, but keep looking). There’s a reddit thread with spoilers if you’re curious about what is going on with that, you can find it by googling that_shaman and checking the “present” thread.

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Do you guys think our characters are not alright? That maybe hanging out in bloodstone fen has messed with our character’s minds?

Oh, I’m sure of it.

Well, I’m not sure of it in a game development sense, but we start collecting Unbound Magic, and before you know it, we’re taking a “just a few minutes I can quit at any time” attitude about it. That way seems to lead to some sort of bloodstone madness, right?

Could it be that we’re finally getting to see the line between the Mists and Tyria where the Mursaat liked to hang out at? Are we going crazy due to bloodstone magic alone, or is it a combination of that, our close proximity to the leyline magic constantly, and our trip to seeing the Eternal Alchemy way back in LS2?

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Ceridwen.6703

Speaking of birds … I shan’t give any spoilers except to say you guys might want to talk to any cats you see (most won’t do anything special, but keep looking). There’s a reddit thread with spoilers if you’re curious about what is going on with that, you can find it by googling that_shaman and checking the “present” thread.

Cheers for pointing this out. Done and done.

I shall say no more.

<3

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m wondering if the Home Instance must match the character’s race. Or, the cats just sense my preference for dogs. Lol.

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Who is that?

The first rule of Fight Club is we don’t speak about Fight Club.

The Second Rule of Fractals is you don’t talk about doing more Fractals.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: Mizukiaki.8590

Mizukiaki.8590

There are allot of people that ‘spirit’ could be. Be Ironic if it’s one of our gw1 characters. But yeah I am still trying to think who it could be from the particular blood stone that blew up.

Or it may not be related to the bloodstone at all…. what if, it’s the egg’s spirit!

Great games come and go, but the Awesome games are endless!!
Matron Kaldona Kye, Mesmer GW since launch.
Matron Kaldona Kye, Sylvari Chronomancer GW2 since closed Beta.

Posted by: Nokomis.5076

Nokomis.5076

Hi everyone,

did anyone else notice a small Ley-line Anomaly appearing all over Tyria?

I had it in several locations now:
Dry Top: https://i.imgur.com/LXMyL2V.jpg
Dry Top: https://i.imgur.com/IxFXS5f.jpg
Dredgehaunt Cliffs: https://i.imgur.com/8Umc16K.jpg
Rata Sum (Home Instance): https://i.imgur.com/TyTzEGc.jpg

What’s happening there? First I thought “hmm maybe it’s soon before the Ley-Line Anomaly appears” but it was during an uneven hour like right now.

Am I seeing ghosts of the past or future?

Posted by: Nokomis.5076

Nokomis.5076

Just after I posted this thread, it appeared again on the same piece of map in Dry Top: https://i.imgur.com/7e8xfNC.jpg

Posted by: Mordaco.7960

Mordaco.7960

I have seen these all over too. This one is in a LS2 instance with Rytlock.

I like the Bloodstone theories, and hope that the mystery is more intriguing than simply a ley-line bug or glitch.

*fingers crossed…..

Attachments:

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Odd, I’ve not seen one since the cat incident. o.0

Posted by: Aislanna.2063

Aislanna.2063

Hey, I just started seeing these things like 2 days ago and they’re popping up everywhere! I caught a few pics, even walked up to one and touched it, idk if the notifications I got was a result of touching the apparation or now, but they keep popping up. The first few times, it honestly scared me cause I was porting in to a WP and it appeared a few feet from me and then POOF!! I was just like. “Uhm…..? Wtf???”

Attachments:

Posted by: Exith.9681

Exith.9681

I have been trying to figure out what this is as well…
He pops up all the time for me. It was after I fought the Anomaly Boss outside of Lion’s Arch. Now it shows up all the time and I feel like I am being haunted or something 0.0;;

Attachments: