next.3894

Warrior OP! Thieves castrated…

(edited by next.3894)

Stronger profession.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

I cant make sense of this…

edit: got it now, warriors bad-thieves good, no comment.

edit: thanks for the edit.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

(edited by Mimizu.7340)

Stronger profession.

Posted by: Eloquence.5207

Eloquence.5207

Warriors are the poster boy of GW2. See: WvW loading screen.

When in doubt, pick a warrior. You might not be the best of the best in every situation, but you certainly won’t be the worst of the worst.

“L2P” according to pr0 Thieves
http://youtu.be/k0YDuSLXcX8?t=3m16s
See, Blinding Powder is nothing.

Stronger profession.

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

Love killing warriors with legendarys while roaming solo with my ranger #BestFeelingEver

Stronger profession.

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

Love killing warriors with legendarys while roaming solo with my ranger #BestFeelingEver

Isn’t it strange that legendaries give the initial impression that the wielder is an experienced/skilled player when in fact they pretty much mean nothing at all?

Even if you’re consciously aware that legendaries don’t really have any prestige attached to them, the initial impulse when you see someone using one is kinda like “Ah, this guy thinks he’s hot kitten, I’ll show him what’s what!”

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Stronger profession.

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

Isn’t it strange that legendaries give the initial impression that the wielder is an experienced/skilled player when in fact they pretty much mean nothing at all?

Even if you’re consciously aware that legendaries don’t really have any prestige attached to them, the initial impulse when you see someone using one is kinda like “Ah, this guy thinks he’s hot kitten, I’ll show him what’s what!”

<— owns a Twilight.

heyy u hurt my feelings :P heheh kidding, just kidding… honestly though, i do suck at pvp

Stronger profession.

Shirk.6421

Even if you’re consciously aware that legendaries don’t really have any prestige attached to them, the initial impulse when you see someone using one is kinda like _"Ah, this guy thinks he’s hot kitten, I’ll show him what’s what!"

Exactly >:D

Stronger profession.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

If they were untradable, I would respect anyone with a legendary. If you crafted one yourself, you would understand how much pain, sweat and tears you have to go through. Just getting 77 mystic clovers had me screaming ‘IF YOU DON’T GIVE ME THAT LAST CLOVER, IM GONNA MURDER YOUR PUPPIES’ at the monitor.

Could be that Im Asian and spent my childhood playing RuneScape so I value determination and hard work a lot.

Stronger profession.

Posted by: kratan.4619

kratan.4619

Our usual thought when a legendary is spotted is, “Hey, he thinks he is better than us, get him.”

Stronger profession.

Posted by: Khallis.5708

Khallis.5708

You might not be the best of the best in every situation,

lol hell warrior can do what most classes can with tons more HP and defense.

basically in guild wars 2 if you aren’t playing a warrior you are playing the game wrong.

Stronger profession.

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

<—— Sunrise wearer

Cant count how many times I have been purposely singled out and focused for that fact…. even in a packed zerg I always tend to be among the first targets. Luckily Im a guardian but then again, it hurts my feelings T_T.

I have even had people going completely out of their way to try to finish me off, and although I might not be the best guardian out there, I usually put up a good fight and even win some! I gotta say, a taunt skill might not exist in this game, but having a Legendary might be the closest thing there is to that!.

And I agreed, Warriors OP. You would think that guardians are balanced and have a place in almost every aspect of the game, but warriors are even more balanced and define almost every aspect of the game.

Sad but true! (Still, thieves are getting some pretty nasty buffs with initiative next patch, they will be even more OP than they currently are…)

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Stronger profession.

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Our usual thought when a legendary is spotted is, “Hey, he thinks he is better than us, get him.”

Welll…. legendaries are just terrible fluff items meaning that particular player is very good at grinding. I can’t help killing those “legendary” people to show them who’s legendary.

edit: After reading the title, I notice we’re diverting off the topic very fast.

I’m not agreeing to warrior being strongest profession: it’s just the profession with easiest dps. The number of warriors I killed solo or in group… they’re a little bit of a pathetic class, but then, every class has a chance to be pathetic:

• Thief: OMG what a coward, he stealths when 5 people attack him (eh?)
  • Mesmer: same thing
  • Guardian: he’s good for nothing, all he does is running in circles soaking up damage (shout guardians don’t have the power to face-tank enemies)
  • and so on and so forth.

Warrior just happens to be the one class able to do a large amount of burst damage, but a warrior on his own is a joke if he runs full dps:
- a tanky player can drain the GC very fast and keep his own hp high
- condis are sooo effective
- if you’re on a decent dps build (doesn’t matter what class), you can kill any warrior.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

(edited by Sirendor.1394)

Stronger profession.

Shirk.6421

(Still, thieves are getting some pretty nasty buffs with initiative next patch, they will be even more OP than they currently are…)

Uhmm.. they’re getting nerfed.

Back-to-topic:

It’s just fun to pick legendary wielders out of a zerg. It’s like fishing – you want the biggest of the big and a legendary is just screaming : “Here I am, come and get me!”

Attachments:

Stronger profession.

Xae Isareth.1364

Welll…. legendaries are just terrible fluff items meaning that particular player is very good at grinding. I can’t help killing those “legendary” people to show them who’s legendary.

I mean no offense, but it really sounds to me like how you got people bashing the rich all the time because they’re rich.

Stronger profession.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Warrior OP! Thieves castrated…

My balls

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Stronger profession.

Sirendor.1394

I mean no offense, but it really sounds to me like how you got people bashing the rich all the time because they’re rich.

I could be ‘rich’ if I wanted to spent all my time in a champ train. I don’t want to be rich really because it’s not fun. Instead I have fun fighting people (I like challenging fights).

Of course they’re just playing the game their way, but in no way they deserve a legendary any more than anyone else. I know people who can fight 1v3 and win (I have done it in rare circumstances, but there are people who do it all day long). I think that’s worth a legendary.

Stronger profession.

Xae Isareth.1364

I could be ‘rich’ if I wanted to spent all my time in a champ train. I don’t want to be rich really because it’s not fun. Instead I have fun fighting people (I like challenging fights).

Of course they’re just playing the game their way, but in no way they deserve a legendary any more than anyone else. I know people who can fight 1v3 and win (I have done it in rare circumstances, but there are people who do it all day long). I think that’s worth a legendary.

That’s completely your opinion. Like you said, grinding is not fun, thus if they can put themselves through grinding enough to make a legendary, then why wouldn’t they not deserve it over someone who didn’t have the determination to do that?

Stronger profession.

Shirk.6421

I agree with Xae despite the fact that I love killing legendary wielders.

Everyone should be able to play the game like they want. If they only play PvE, grind a legendary or farm gold to buy it (this also takes some time…) and then head to into the mists for some obligatory WvW they are kinda free food.

I’d never get a legendary even if I’d be the best player in the world because I simply wouldn’t spend that much time/gold for it. I love my bandit’s weapons and I’m even going to transmute my ascended weapons into them.

You know this 007 movie… live and let die

Stronger profession.

Sirendor.1394

Maybe I worded it wrongly, the act of grinding is (to me) disgusting and players who do grinding lower the level of the game to that of an easy but very boring task which gets them everything they way. In no way grinding is admirable because it does not require any special ‘effort’ in sharpening your talents, but instead asks you to stop developing your competence.

To me, it’s okay if people spoil their lives on an activity of this sort, but players who do more remarkable things should be awarded as good or maybe better.

Stronger profession.

Shirk.6421

To me, it’s okay if people spoil their lives on an activity of this sort, but players who do more remarkable things should be awarded as good or maybe better.

They in fact do get rewarded. You won’t see it at first and no statistic can show it but it’s called skill.

Stronger profession.

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Sad but true! (Still, thieves are getting some pretty nasty buffs with initiative next patch, they will be even more OP than they currently are…)

If you wish to request any nerf for thieves, please do it in the following thread (specifically designed to request nerfs for thieves):
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Nerf-Wish-list
:D cheers!

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Stronger profession.

Xae Isareth.1364

Maybe I worded it wrongly, the act of grinding is (to me) disgusting and players who do grinding lower the level of the game to that of an easy but very boring task which gets them everything they way. In no way grinding is admirable because it does not require any special ‘effort’ in sharpening your talents, but instead asks you to stop developing your competence.

Determination, patience and persistence are virtues. I’m fine with you not liking grinding, but saying everyone who has the will to go grind for days on end for a legendary is ‘disgusting’ is just too far.

I’d argue in fact those 3 virtues will get you far further than talent in the real world, and thus are things to be admired.

Stronger profession.

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

<— owns a Twilight.

heyy u hurt my feelings :P heheh kidding, just kidding… honestly though, i do suck at pvp

i’m sure zhaitan is real impressed with your twilight then.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Stronger profession.

Posted by: Eloquence.5207

Eloquence.5207

I saw this warrior afk in WvW. I was auto attacking him with Mesmer staff. Literally no damage dealt.

“L2P” according to pr0 Thieves
http://youtu.be/k0YDuSLXcX8?t=3m16s
See, Blinding Powder is nothing.

Stronger profession.

Posted by: Dragonax.6487

Dragonax.6487

Legendaries mean the guy has likely spent a kittenload of time in PvE, mean he is probably not great at PvP, so it’s actually a good thing to fight them.

Stronger profession.

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I have to say, as a wielder of several legendaries, I feel the discrimination too. I usually run with a smaller group in wvw because my pc crashes in zerging and when we are hunted down, they focus on me and let the others run away…

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits