[Suggestion] Adding "Toys & Tonics" tab

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BlackPhoenix.7015

BlackPhoenix.7015

Hi, everyone, i usually don’t post, but today I was clearing out my banktabs and to my surprise I have about 1 banktab full of items (tonics/consumables/toys) that I really liked but the problem is that I never use them because they are taking up a lot of space on characters. So I’ve put them in the bank where they gather dust. I also see a lot of cool items appearing in the gemstore but I don’t buy them because of the problem I mentioned above.

So I’ve come up with a little mock-up that I would love to see as a solution to this problem (see attachment). While there may be better solutions and I would also love some way to quick-access them instead of having to tab into the character screen and select them fast.

It’s a little UI feature that would really improve the usage and desirebility of toys and tonics in my opnion.

Attachments:

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

Definitely would love that, too.

Posted by: Elegy.2159

Elegy.2159

As someone who keeps infinite tonics and instruments in my bags all the time, AND switches these account bound items between characters, please! Anet, please, this would be a huge QOL improvement for me!

Ditto with account bound gathering tools and possibly even ascended trinkets, but just the toys and tonics alone would be wonderful!

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

YES PLEASE!

i seriously cant buy anymore stuff from the gemshop even if i wanted because i know it will just rot in my bank because i cant carry more stuff in my inventory with me

and arenanet also doesnt allow people to buy more inventory bag slots…

and why should i buy items if i cant use them because they have to be in my bank all the time…?

so please anet bring this feature and i would be sooooo happy
and could buy your items again^^

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: CrimeDog.5614

CrimeDog.5614

YES PLEASE!! I would buy so many more of them from the Gem Store and/or try to farm for them more if I knew they wouldn’t take up my very limited inventory space.

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

This suggestion comes up every month or two, and each time, it’s the best suggestion ever. This is something I’d love to see.

Posted by: Photonman.6241

Photonman.6241

At least make it so i can use my drill thingy without having to put it in the bank each time. Maybe give each toon one…

Posted by: Mokzie.5178

Mokzie.5178

And for Salvage-o-matics, Passes (ex. Captian’s Airship Pass) and harvesting tools! Anet PLS!!

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

The idea with tonic’s and toy’s is great and I would love that. I think they might add it with HoT.

The items you said Mokzie will surely never happen. Since Anet made these available for the first time their main idea is that you use these on ONE char and if you want them on more char, then you will have to switch them or buy more.

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

WoW added a “Toybox” feature last year… You mean WoW actually has a QoL feature that GW2 doesn’t? That’s pretty surprising, actually.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

WoW added a “Toybox” feature last year… You mean WoW actually has a QoL feature that GW2 doesn’t? That’s pretty surprising, actually.

And WoW has a Mounts tab. /brow-waggle
..I kid, I kid!

Still, there’s already a section for earned rewards that can be created/destroyed on a whim. It’s where the achievement Zenith/Radiant/Hellfire skins go.

They should be using that a lot more for account-bound unlock items, like toys and infinite tools. As well as using the kittening wallet for Geodes and Bandit Crests and any other currencies they dream up.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I would love this for those costume brawl toys I’ve accumulated. Free up some more bank space.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

YES PLEASE

and add a tab for Environmental weapons. I like collecting those.

Posted by: Palindrome.8904

Palindrome.8904

While it would be nice to have a toybox (I’d personally think it’s great), the variety of items that people would want stored in here would really just make it a bank tab for account-bound items.

While it’s not going to be a popular fix, the real solution is available, and that’s to expand your bank.

Now, if we exclude things like tools, I think a Transformations tab would be great. That would expand to include tonics, instruments, and anything else that alters your skills, really. I think that would be a good middle ground to what has been mentioned in this thread.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

yeah sure because expanding your bank is free right……

Palindrome.8904

No, but it is an opt-in solution for an opt-in problem.

I also proposed an alternative middle ground tab to the combination of demands in this thread which you could comment on, rather than complain about the (totally reasonable) existing solution in my reply.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Frequent suggestion, and I +1 it every time.

I currently have 2 mules full of tonics. That was my idea, and is my problem. But the thing is, ANet: if they were more conveniently available,

• I would use my existing tonics all the time, instead of having them rot away on a mule, even the one-time consumable ones, thus making use of the gold sink that tonics could be
  • I would use my existing toys and buy new toys from the gem store

Sooooo… win-win? More convenience and fun for the players, and more hard currency as well as gold-sinkage for you?

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

No, but it is an opt-in solution for an opt-in problem.

I also proposed an alternative middle ground tab to the combination of demands in this thread which you could comment on, rather than complain about the (totally reasonable) existing solution in my reply.

your middle ground is the whole suggestion of the OP, if you read the thread fully rather then assuming everyone else doesn’t know any better…

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

a spot for all this extra stuff would be nice.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Make it “Toys & Tools” instead. Tonics count as toys, and that way we also get unlimited gathering tools, salvage-o-matics, the mystic forge node, everolasting makeover kits and other everlasting tools usable by all characters independently without having to constantly trade them in the bank.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Make it “Toys & Tools” instead. Tonics count as toys, and that way we also get unlimited gathering tools, salvage-o-matics, the mystic forge node, everolasting makeover kits and other everlasting tools usable by all characters independently without having to constantly trade them in the bank.

Endless tonics are gizmos, toys are gizmos, but one-use tonics are neither of the two.

I don’t think it would be too useful to a) split up endless and one-use tonics – they should be available through the same dialogue, as finishers are – or b) wade through 140+ tonics to find a tool that doesn’t fit in with the rest of the list…

Palindrome.8904

Endless tonics are gizmos, toys are gizmos, but one-use tonics are neither of the two.

I don’t think it would be too useful to a) split up endless and one-use tonics – they should be available through the same dialogue, as finishers are – or b) wade through 140+ tonics to find a tool that doesn’t fit in with the rest of the list…

This is why a tonic-only (or any transform, like instruments) tab is a great solution. Have some one-off tonics? Treat them like one-off finishers. If I had to guess, I’d say this would be relatively easy, technically speaking. The only issue is that you have to store the extra data for who has unlocked what.

Pixelpumpkin.4608

This is why a tonic-only (or any transform, like instruments) tab is a great solution. Have some one-off tonics? Treat them like one-off finishers. If I had to guess, I’d say this would be relatively easy, technically speaking. The only issue is that you have to store the extra data for who has unlocked what.

I am hoping for exactly this. I think one of the bigger obstacle would be that (unlike finishers) relatively many of the tonics use the same icons (for example all the mystic forge ones). I hope that some of the more obscure consumables that are not strictly considered tonics would be included as well (Hylek potions, growth potion, selfless/thoughtless potion, …).

I guess you COULD group instruments with those, but a separate tab for toys, as the OP suggested, would still be preferable to me and my sense of order.

The only thing I really don’t want to see in a tonics tab at all is townclothes tonics – I’d much rather see them converted into outfits instead.

Palindrome.8904

I am hoping for exactly this. I think one of the bigger obstacle would be that (unlike finishers) relatively many of the tonics use the same icons (for example all the mystic forge ones). I hope that some of the more obscure consumables that are not strictly considered tonics would be included as well (Hylek potions, growth potion, selfless/thoughtless potion, …).

I guess you COULD group instruments with those, but a separate tab for toys, as the OP suggested, would still be preferable to me and my sense of order.

The only thing I really don’t want to see in a tonics tab at all is townclothes tonics – I’d much rather see them converted into outfits instead.

See.. I’m thinking that “Toys” are just outright exluded. Tonics are transformations, and I think technically things like instruments (anything that changes the skill loadout is, I believe). Hence my thought for a transformation tab. That would mean leaving out things like the Bobblehead Laboratory, sadly, which is my favorite toy item.

Just trying to think of the most probable approach. Don’t get me wrong though, tabs to store ALL playful items would be amazing.

Edit: Yes, down with the townclothes.

Posted by: Slyfer.6478

Slyfer.6478

+1 Also hope they deal with empyreal fragments, bloodstone dust, dragonite ore, bandit crests, geodes in a way that i wouldn’t feel terrible for scrapping them.

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

See.. I’m thinking that “Toys” are just outright exluded. Tonics are transformations, and I think technically things like instruments (anything that changes the skill loadout is, I believe). Hence my thought for a transformation tab. That would mean leaving out things like the Bobblehead Laboratory, sadly, which is my favorite toy item.

Just trying to think of the most probable approach. Don’t get me wrong though, tabs to store ALL playful items would be amazing.

Edit: Yes, down with the townclothes.

I agree, a Transformation tab would be the best solution. Infinite Tonics would act as Outfits, and consumable tonics would act like limited finishers from the Finishers tab. A great idea!

Also, could you list what specific items this tab would have inside of it? What about the riding tools, and other weird bundles players can carry (karma-merchant Med-Kits, etc.)?

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

I’d like to add my support for this.

I don’t like having to waste space on the toys that came with some of my outfits, and I’d be more inclined to buy new ones if I had something akin to the Mini section of the wardrobe to draw them out of. Also, having a place to use my tonics from across my account would be very nice.

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

Palindrome.8904

I agree, a Transformation tab would be the best solution. Infinite Tonics would act as Outfits, and consumable tonics would act like limited finishers from the Finishers tab. A great idea!

Also, could you list what specific items this tab would have inside of it? What about the riding tools, and other weird bundles players can carry (karma-merchant Med-Kits, etc.)?

The way I see it, is that somewhere there has to be a line drawn. Tonics are obvious, as no one needs more than one of an endless tonic and there are single-use versions (like finishers). Anything else that acts as a transform of sorts could be lumped in, such as instruments (and do things like the magic carpet lock out skills?).

I don’t think bundles make a lot of sense, since those are strictly consumable. Really any item that has to be withdrawn/equipped for use is getting feature-greedy, imo. At that point you’re really just asking for an account-bound anywhere-in-the-work bank. That’s why I excluded fun stuff like the bobblehead lab, despite it also being a toy. You could argue that the same can be said about instruments, but I stand by the ‘transformation’ tab to include them: they are strictly non-combat.

As I type this, I realize that’s actually probably the best criterion. Playful items that lock you out of combat skills.

Personally, I’d be way more inclined to collect/buy these things if I knew it wouldn’t punish my bank space.

Posted by: Howardjones.7645

Howardjones.7645

I would love this. I have 5 instruments and I would love to be able to have a “toy box” like tab to keep all of them in. This is something that shouldn’r need any consideration and be added immediately.

Posted by: SyllyReth.2495

SyllyReth.2495

I have a tab devoted to my toys and tonics in my bank, which means I have to go get them on whichever character I want them on. I would absolutely love a slot accessed by all my characters from the hero tab like with outfits, skins, dyes, etc. +1 million

Unbridled Dynasty [UND]