Suggestion - Crafting Interface

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Never been a fan of the crafting interface in this game.

Granted its gotten better if you have the recipe unlocked.

Could you please Close all the taps at the start? So when I first open the crafting interface it just looks like this?

Attachments:

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

(edited by Talyn.3295)

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I can’t view that picture for some reason but I think I know what you mean. You want all the categories closed by default? Example Helm, Shoulders etc.

If so I agree with you, I have been meaning to suggest the same thing for a long time just never got around to it lol. The main reason is when you have 500 in a craft and you “collect” or unlock every “discover” like I do that list can be VERY long and a pain to find what you want unless you manually go through closing every single category. Yes I know there are filters and the search system but still, this added feature could only IMPROVE crafting vastly.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I don’t think that all categories should be collapsed by default every time I open the crafting panel, but I do think that the crafting panel should remember which ones I had open the last time.

The search field at the top is currently storing your last search, but it foes it across all the different crafting disciplines which makes no sense. So I open my artificaer crafting panel and it says “damask” in the search panel instrad of the last thing I have searched for in an artificing context.

The wallet should remember that I have set the filter at the top to “dungeon currencies” until I deselect it.

And about a dozen other places in the gw2 UI.

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

I don’t think that all categories should be collapsed by default every time I open the crafting panel, but I do think that the crafting panel should remember which ones I had open the last time.

The search field at the top is currently storing your last search, but it foes it across all the different crafting disciplines which makes no sense. So I open my artificaer crafting panel and it says “damask” in the search panel instrad of the last thing I have searched for in an artificing context.

The wallet should remember that I have set the filter at the top to “dungeon currencies” until I deselect it.

And about a dozen other places in the gw2 UI.

You can leave it to where its the last thing you had open, and I would still be happy, as it stands it just feels so much more awkward then it has to be.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”