[Suggestion] Duels

[Suggestion] Duels

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

Oh look, this again. No thanks.

You act as if you were actually hoping for this thread not to be here…

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

[Suggestion] Duels

Posted by: Calys Teneb.7015

Calys Teneb.7015

WE want the holy trinity of mounted cape wrestling !!
The game is dead because the lack of mounted cape wrestling

Not dead – B2P games with no sub are never dead as you can always come back to them.

I…think you missed the joke…but it’s hard to tell.

[Suggestion] Duels

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

Come one Anet hundreds of people have asked for duels. When is it enough? We want duels! we want to test our skills with the best players out there. 1 vs 1 in WvW is not even and not secure as anyone can come and disrupt the fight.

We want duels, we want duels!

Not everyone is one the same page as you. In every duel thread, the majority of people are saying no. Also in many of those same threads, its generally a small group of people who keep re-iterating how anti-duelers are wrong, and duels need to be brought in because “Other games have them”, and “It doesn’t hurt anyone”. Yet have been shown again and again that open world dueling tends to create a toxic environment.

I don’t think it’s been shown ever that open world dueling creates a toxic environment. Toxic players create a toxic environment. – source – GW2

[Suggestion] Duels

Calys Teneb.7015

The reason you can see more pro-dueling threads is that those anti-dueling don’t create threads. If everyone who was against Open-World dueling created a thread, I don’t think your premise would hold much weight.

People don’t create threads much asking for features that are already in the game. Lol.

No to dueling for all the reasons expressed in all the previous threads.

I didn’t saw any reasonable reason so why you dont tell me 1? All the reasons i saw were " It doesn’t go well with the story" – duh?, “im lazy to click on block duel button”.Whats your story?amuse me pls.

My reason for not wanting duels is so I can watch people like you QQ in the forums.

GW2 certainly has the best community.

I know right.That is the reason we are not getting duels :/

i dont think that’s the reason we’re not getting duels, but it is disheartening that so many people buy and perpetuate the “duels = harassment/ego stroking/12 year old duel spammer” claims.

It’s been about a month in wildstar for me and i still haven’t gotten a single duel request. It’s a great feature but the claims on these boards about inevitable and widespread harassment, or dueling only being a tool used to bother others are outlandish. I realize i’m only one person, not the best sample size, but going into it based on what i read on these boards i expected to have been called a coward for refusing a duel request at least once by now.

Meanwhile I get at least five an hour any time I’m in a city or quest hub.

[Suggestion] Duels

Scrambles.2604

The reason you can see more pro-dueling threads is that those anti-dueling don’t create threads. If everyone who was against Open-World dueling created a thread, I don’t think your premise would hold much weight.

People don’t create threads much asking for features that are already in the game. Lol.

I didn’t saw any reasonable reason so why you dont tell me 1? All the reasons i saw were " It doesn’t go well with the story" – duh?, “im lazy to click on block duel button”.Whats your story?amuse me pls.

My reason for not wanting duels is so I can watch people like you QQ in the forums.

i dont think that’s the reason we’re not getting duels, but it is disheartening that so many people buy and perpetuate the “duels = harassment/ego stroking/12 year old duel spammer” claims.

It’s been about a month in wildstar for me and i still haven’t gotten a single duel request. It’s a great feature but the claims on these boards about inevitable and widespread harassment, or dueling only being a tool used to bother others are outlandish. I realize i’m only one person, not the best sample size, but going into it based on what i read on these boards i expected to have been called a coward for refusing a duel request at least once by now.

in wildstar? Are you sure you’re not confusing gold spam with duel requests? (j/k)

has it created an issue for you? have you taken advantage of auto-decline?

(edited by Scrambles.2604)

[Suggestion] Duels

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Because it’s better than the dead horse gif….

Attachments:

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

[Suggestion] Duels

Posted by: calyx.9086

calyx.9086

It is certainly amusing. You guys kind of ask for it with your incessant spamming of the forums on this topic.

Honestly, I’m fine with duels, as long as

a) Prior to allowing duels, Anet straight up says “1vs1 is going to be inbalanced, and we are not going to do a single thing about it. If you think some class is OP over yours, reroll a new profession or L2P”

b) You can’t duel in major cities, has to be outside them so people can use the TP, crafting stations, merchants, without a bunch of people making it potentially more laggy.

c) All duels are declined automatically by default unless someone specifically enables it. It must be opt in, not opt out.

[Suggestion] Duels

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

It is certainly amusing. You guys kind of ask for it with your incessant spamming of the forums on this topic.

a) Prior to allowing duels, Anet straight up says “1vs1 is going to be inbalanced, and we are not going to do a single thing about it. If you think some class is OP over yours, reroll a new profession or L2P”

b) You can’t duel in major cities, has to be outside them so people can use the TP, crafting stations, merchants, without a bunch of people making it potentially more laggy.

c) All duels are declined automatically by default unless someone specifically enables it. It must be opt in, not opt out.

d) can be turned invisible so it’s not forced in anyones face unwanted.

[Suggestion] Duels

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

a) Prior to allowing duels, Anet straight up says "1vs1 is going to be inbalanced, and we are not going to do a single thing about it. If you think some class is OP over yours, reroll a new profession or L2P"

The bolded part is the most important – A.Net doesn’t any duels so it is not going to happen.

A.Net would have to rebalance the game to be a solo game – that is NOT what we want here.

[Suggestion] Duels

Posted by: Khang.6743

Khang.6743

Its already here, my friend! It may not be the traditional dueling system that we see in other MMOs. But, there is still a community of people who do nothing but duel. I have a friend who plays the game, specifically for dueling.

There are great custom servers for it. They’re simple to find, just find the ones labeled ‘1v1’ and you’re in business.

Good luck!!!

[Suggestion] Duels

pdavis.8031

Its already here, my friend! It may not be the traditional dueling system that we see in other MMOs. But, there is still a community of people who do nothing but duel. I have a friend who plays the game, specifically for dueling.

There are great custom servers for it. They’re simple to find, just find the ones labeled ‘1v1’ and you’re in business.

Good luck!!!

What!? The’ve had this in game mechanic for dueling for how long!? And we are just finding out about it!? What kind of sorcery is this!?

Seriously though, many of the opponents of such a device are saying this, but thats not good enough for the proponents. They want it more open world, much like other games, but fail to realize this isn’t “other games”.

recognize my command!”

[Suggestion] Duels

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Yes PLEASE! They said they would add this when the game first game out and now it’s almost 2 years old. People have been asking for it over and over and over again. SURELY Anet is working on this. I think having duels will help Anet to see imbalances in professions easier and strengthen PvP in the game, not that it’s weak. It will also help newer players to GW2 PvP to get into it. Just PLEASE have an auto decline option for those that don’t like to duel or dont want to be bothered by trolls. And be able to block specific individuals from challenging you.

Where did you pull this imaginary BS from, “they” NEVER said they would add dueling to this game.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

[Suggestion] Duels

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Most of the times when the devs want feedback about something they consolidate – merge – all existing threads into one.

I’ve said it before – there are areas, like the charr arena, where I think this would be great. Could even add flavour to RP. But there are enough people spamming their skills already, I don’t think it’s necessary to have people jump in circles asking to be dueled or spamming me with invites. Add it to the queens pavillion if you like, instead of fighting liadri and co.

There is no doubt in my mind that it can be fun, even fun to watch, but there is also much potential to annoy. Heck even the “bing bing” from all those costume brawl fights is annoying sometimes.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

[Suggestion] Duels

Im Mudbone.1437

No thank you! PvP has the worst reputation for in game hostility in the entire game and shudder to think of those attitudes in pve.
What next? WvW in pve? Walking to do an event and an enemy zerg pops around the corner?
Keep that pvp genie well and truly locked in its bottle where it belongs.

WvW is a combination of PvP and PvE and that is the point. it is a transition from total PvE to PvP in a more controlled map.

The ONLY REASON WvW is a combination of PvP and PvE is because us PvEers are FORCED into WvW in order to get a few PoIs, Vistas and waypoints, nothing more, if it wasn’t for that you would NEVER see a PvEer in WvW, so, your analogy is flawed.

[Suggestion] Duels

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

The fact that in pvp people get death threats, told to die for sucking so much or that they should be ashamed for living proves you wrong. I dont want this anywhere near pve and I would leave if it were implemented.

[Suggestion] Duels

Scrambles.2604

Yes PLEASE! They said they would add this when the game first game out and now it’s almost 2 years old. People have been asking for it over and over and over again. SURELY Anet is working on this. I think having duels will help Anet to see imbalances in professions easier and strengthen PvP in the game, not that it’s weak. It will also help newer players to GW2 PvP to get into it. Just PLEASE have an auto decline option for those that don’t like to duel or dont want to be bothered by trolls. And be able to block specific individuals from challenging you.

Where did you pull this imaginary BS from, “they” NEVER said they would add dueling to this game.

Colin Johanson actually said in an interview that they would like to add open world duels at some point. You’re right they never said they would add it, but he certainly said they would like to. At least you can add him to the pro-dueling camp, since i guess we’re taking sides now, lol.

skip to 14:11 if the video doesn’t do that automatically.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy7CcwnfUdU

[Suggestion] Duels

Calys Teneb.7015

in wildstar? Are you sure you’re not confusing gold spam with duel requests? (j/k)

has it created an issue for you? have you taken advantage of auto-decline?

It has auto decline? I’ll have to find it.

[Suggestion] Duels

Im Mudbone.1437

Colin Johanson actually said in an interview that they would like to add open world duels at some point. You’re right they never said they would add it, but he certainly said they would like to. At least you can add him to the pro-dueling camp, since i guess we’re taking sides now, lol.

BIG DIFFERENCE between would like to add and would add open world dueling as the person I quoted said.

[Suggestion] Duels

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Definition:

Duel – a contest with deadly weapons arranged between two people in order to settle a point of honor.

Question:

So are there really that many people out there of whom the proponents of Dueling have a grievance against? I cannot think of an instance in which I have taken such offense to another player for insulting my honor that would make me slap him in the face with my glove and call for my second.

My Previous Quote:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Why-not-add-Duel/first#post3504862

Balance:

As I don’t do PvP I am not too sure, but don’t they have to make a separate version of a lot of skills, one that applies to PvP and one that applies to PvE? So if they brought this “You insulted my honor let’s duel” into PvE wouldn’t that force them to change the skills accordingly? This seems like quite the endeavor for the Devs.

If, and only if, they do institute Dueling:

• I am here to help my fellow man not hurt them, so I wouldn’t expect a need to have a duel with anyone. Therefore, please Auto-decline default.
  • I am not interested in watching a Duel so please Auto-invisible the Duel by default. Or better yet, shift the duelists to the Ethereal plane so it does not interrupt the event that everyone else is working on. Or even better yet still, port them to PvP for the duration of the Duel.
  • I like my skills just the way they are. Please only balance out the peoples skills with Dueling turned on
  • Establish a cost for Dueling. To the Victor, their honor is restored, congratulations. To the Vanquished, lose 5 GP. Oh yes friends, Dueling is an event for the rich, if you can’t afford to lose you shouldn’t be playing.

[Suggestion] Duels

Scrambles.2604

The fact that in pvp people get death threats, told to die for sucking so much or that they should be ashamed for living proves you wrong. I dont want this anywhere near pve and I would leave if it were implemented.

bias much? that same stuff happens in PvE, too.

I said it before and i’ll say it again. Toxic players create a toxic environment. Dueling is just another thing to do in game. Just like champ trains, speed run dungeons, world events, etc, toxic players can effect your gameplay, but apparently at a tolerable level because you still play GW2.

At least with a reasonable implementation of open world duels, you would get tools to combat the toxic players. You can report/ignore players currently, but at least with duels you could have the option to turn off requests entirely. Can’t say that about any other aspect of the game that is effected by toxic players.

You cant make a toxic player leave a world event, but you could auto-decline his duel invite. You can’t make a toxic player not kick you from a group for wearing soldier gear, but you could still auto-decline is duel invite.

[Suggestion] Duels

Scrambles.2604

BIG DIFFERENCE between would like to add and would add open world dueling as the person I quoted said.

haha thanks for telling me, again, what i said you were right about in my post.

[Suggestion] Duels

pdavis.8031

Yes, but they said they would like to add a number of things that will probably never get put into the game. But I’ve noticed they say that about EVERYTHING. multiclassing? would like to. Player/guild housing? It’s not off the table. Precurser crafting? Not off the table. The ability to fly? Would like to, it’s not off the table. Legendary armor? Would like to. It’s not off the table. Remove gold from the game as a form of currency? Would like to. It’s not off the table (Although John Smith might show up and tell you you are stupid). Expansion? Would like to. It’s not off the table.

This is pretty much their standard answer to everything. I have yet to see them straight up say “no” to any of the ideas presented on the forums, or in interviews. Although I could be wrong about that, as I haven’t watched/read them all. But that doesn’t mean that we will ever see them implemented. It’s like your parents when you were younger. If you wanted something, the general response was “We’ll see” (at least in my home). It didn’t rule out the possiblity, but after while you came to realize that “we’ll see” generally means no.

recognize my command!”

[Suggestion] Duels

Dusty Moon.4382

No thank you! PvP has the worst reputation for in game hostility in the entire game and shudder to think of those attitudes in pve.
What next? WvW in pve? Walking to do an event and an enemy zerg pops around the corner?
Keep that pvp genie well and truly locked in its bottle where it belongs.

WvW is a combination of PvP and PvE and that is the point. it is a transition from total PvE to PvP in a more controlled map.

The ONLY REASON WvW is a combination of PvP and PvE is because us PvEers are FORCED into WvW in order to get a few PoIs, Vistas and waypoints, nothing more, if it wasn’t for that you would NEVER see a PvEer in WvW, so, your analogy is flawed.

LOL – don’t say NEVER. I prefer WvW to PvE in this game, almost. Yes, I am mostly a PvE’er. Don’t say never – you oft times find yourself wrong.

[Suggestion] Duels

Scrambles.2604

Yes, but they said they would like to add a number of things that will probably never get put into the game. But I’ve noticed they say that about EVERYTHING. multiclassing? would like to. Player/guild housing? It’s not off the table. Precurser crafting? Not off the table. The ability to fly? Would like to, it’s not off the table. Legendary armor? Would like to. It’s not off the table. Remove gold from the game as a form of currency? Would like to. It’s not off the table (Although John Smith might show up and tell you you are stupid). Expansion? Would like to. It’s not off the table.

This is pretty much their standard answer to everything. I have yet to see them straight up say “no” to any of the ideas presented on the forums, or in interviews. Although I could be wrong about that, as I haven’t watched/read them all. But that doesn’t mean that we will ever see them implemented. It’s like your parents when you were younger. If you wanted something, the general response was “We’ll see” (at least in my home). It didn’t rule out the possiblity, but after while you came to realize that “we’ll see” generally means no.

You can extrapolate all you want. I’m just glad Colin doesn’t automatically associate open world duels with trolling/harassment/griefing, like a reasonable person.

[Suggestion] Duels

Im Mudbone.1437

Haha, thanks for skirting around the OBVIOUS POINTS.

[Suggestion] Duels

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Come one Anet hundreds of people have asked for duels. When is it enough? We want duels! we want to test our skills with the best players out there. 1 vs 1 in WvW is not even and not secure as anyone can come and disrupt the fight.

No “WE” don’t.

[Suggestion] Duels

pdavis.8031

You can extrapolate all you want. I’m just glad Colin doesn’t automatically associate open world duels with trolling/harassment/griefing, like a reasonable person.

It’s not extrapolation. How many times have you seen a dev give a clear and precise answer, a definate “yes, we WILL add that” or “No we will NOT do that.” to a question regarding content that many people have asked about? (i.e housing/dueling/mounts/ etc.). They ar very carefully diplomatic in their responses to such things. That way, if it doesn’t work out, they have broken their promise and upset a bunch of people. Or they change their mind, and people call them liars because they said they wouldn’t do that.

I agree, it appears that he doesn’t automatically jump to the extreme conclusions about trolls/griefers/etc. but you can be sure that in their considerations of such things, those ARE taken into account.

recognize my command!”

[Suggestion] Duels

Scrambles.2604

Haha, thanks for skirting around the OBVIOUS POINTS.

i’ve already said you were right and they probably wont add dueling in game. What more do you want from me!?

[Suggestion] Duels

Scrambles.2604

I agree, it appears that he doesn’t automatically jump to the extreme conclusions about trolls/griefers/etc. but you can be sure that in their considerations of such things, those ARE taken into account.

yeah they take those things into account and then dismiss them because many MMOs have already solved the issue by implementing — report/block/ignore/auto-decline/opt-in dueling/etc.

Instead, on these boards we see troll mitigation tools outright ignored in order to keep parroting these claims that dueling would totally ruin the pristine open world and toxify the totally positive GW2 community.

[Suggestion] Duels

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

Duels and Cantha are most desired content we ware waiting for and those that dont like it are just minority.

No they aren’t. People asking for those are just minority.

Why dont you go then and look how many views and comments Cantha tread has? I dont even want to talk about numbers of treads made for dueling.Stop been selfish people.Dueling wont hurt anyone.

last time i saw a thread like this about 80% were against duels, the reason why you don’t see “remove duels” threats because it isn’t in PvE.
if it was, i can guarantee that allot of players would leave the game permanently, apparently it does hurt someone

Well i played WOW,AION,and at least 10 more MMORPG games and no1 ever left cause of duels.But i know that many people did left GW2 cause of lack of duels and 1 of them is my brother.This is only MMORPG game that i know that has no open world (pk) or duels in open world at all.It was only thing that was backing me off from buying this game.But what lacks here…Everquest Next will have.Too bad that Anet always learns too late.

(edited by saalle.4623)

[Suggestion] Duels

Posted by: Aline Castro.9820

Aline Castro.9820

Could someone please care to explain me why is it that you want duels? In all games that I’ve played that had this feature, it was used primarily to prove superiority. I have never witnessed a “friendly” duel. So, is it solely for superiority? Or why do you want it so bad?

“Aww yeah!? Bart c’mere. You c’mere. Aww yeah!?”
Aline Josephly (Ranger) / Aline de Gonzalez (Warrior) / Leah Gonzalez (Mesmer)

[Suggestion] Duels

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

To prevent annoyance to other players duels should be forbidden

• in major cities
  • near to crafting stations
  • near to hearts
  • near to entrances of dungeons
  • in the area of world events
  • near to waypoints
  • near to NPCs like vendors, bank officers, auctioneers etc

Duels should be enabled:

• in areas not fitting in the bullets above
  • in dungeons

[Suggestion] Duels

saalle.4623

Could someone please care to explain me why is it that you want duels? In all games that I’ve played that had this feature, it was used primarily to prove superiority. I have never witnessed a “friendly” duel. So, is it solely for superiority? Or why do you want it so bad?

So that we dont stay afk in town doing nothing when we are bored.So that we can test our skills with enemies we want,with classes we want.So that we can test our skills with our proper WvW (PVE) gear without searching for certain class on 1vs1 in WvW for 50 min.So that when i go to WvW and attack someone,someone from my server doesn’t whispering me with “please leave him,we are dueling” thats why. Last time i was doing WvW i attacked 2 targets in 5 min that were both dueling with my server mate..and i had to stop..I dont even know who can i kill and who i can not in World vs World !.I dont know should i help my server mate or not anymore cause i dont know if hes getting ganked or hes just dueling on place that is not man’t for dueling.Non having dueling gets in conflict with WvW.

(edited by saalle.4623)

[Suggestion] Duels

Scrambles.2604

i want duels because i was bullied a lot as a kid and it gives me an outlet to let out my rage against opponents that severely underleveled compared to me.

no, i’m just kidding. Seriously though, it’s fun—it’s good practice on your WvW toon—you can do it with your guildies (again on your WvW toon)—you can battle in the awesome open world environment (like on cliffs and stuff)—it’s great for killing time (like when your waiting for a world event or dungeon member to show up).

It’s really limited by your imagination. Not exclusive to showing off you proving superiority. sPvP is probably a better place to do that.

[Suggestion] Duels

Aline Castro.9820

@saalle, @Scrambles: I see. I guess expanding in-game activities in this manner wouldn’t hurt anyone. Probably adhering to some of the points some other folks have pointed out, but otherwise it seems like a reasonable request.

[Suggestion] Duels

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Come one Anet hundreds of people have asked for duels.

Which means millions of players haven’t.

No, you and a few hundred want duels. Don’t presume to speak for the other 99.9% of the player base.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

[Suggestion] Duels

Scrambles.2604

clears throat again The ability to request a duel in the open world is just a lifeless, purposeless, intentness tool. It is only toxic players that create a toxic environment.

(edited by Moderator)

[Suggestion] Duels

Aline Castro.9820

It is only toxic players that create a toxic environment. This is true.

[Suggestion] Duels

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Good horse….stay dead….

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

[Suggestion] Duels

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

I’ve attached a dueling-poll in my signature below, since the last big thread about this subject.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

[Suggestion] Duels

pdavis.8031

I’ve attached a dueling-poll in my signature below, since the last big thread about this subject.

I demand a recount of those votes. Mine had a hanging chad that interfered with the counting. Also the ballot wasn’t very clear on what I was voting on, and I live in florida…

recognize my command!”

[Suggestion] Duels

Dusty Moon.4382

Sorry – but since most who are against won’t vote – it is a straw poll, meaning not scientific and not worth ANYTHING.

Ask in game – you will be surprised how many people say no there.

[Suggestion] Duels

Phadde.7362

No, you and a few hundred want duels. Don’t presume to speak for the other 99.9% of the player base.

First of all, you’re being a bit hypocritical here.

Secondly, what we saw in the last big thread about dueling, there where literally just a couple of players that where passionately against dueling and where very vocal about it, while the number of players (in that thread) that wanted duels where a lot, lot larger (Doesn’t mean that it’s the same ratio throughout the whole playersbase, ofcourse). Also, the most significant thing in that thread was how, perhaps most, nay-sayers didn’t respond to the many solutions suggested, most of which seemed to work splendidly (in theory).

Thirdly, what argument against dueling is there, if it’s implemented in such a way that you have to enable the ability (a tag) in order for others to even ask you to duel them in the first place? The standard will be to have it off. We could go further, by having about a dozen or two dueling zones spread out over Tyria, which would be the only place to duel in.

There are tons of positives with dueling. Dueling in WoW was an absolute blast, and there where always a lot of people outside the main cities dueling eachother (and that’s with a combat system that, in my opinion is far less suited for dueling).
By far the most fun that I’ve had in GW2 is dueling in the Courtyard, however it’s extremely rare to find a server where you can actually have a real duel, so it’s not even an option.

Dueling will be very enjoyable to a big chunk of the playerbase, and to some an immense amount of fun! I don’t think that anyone can deny that.

It will also bring a lot of people over to PvP, there’s no denying that either! (Especially if we get a game mode that’s more focused on actual combat, rather than strategically positioning your team across a map, hurrhurr).

Cred to Latinkuro

[Suggestion] Duels

Phadde.7362

Sorry – but since most who are against won’t vote – it is a straw poll, meaning not scientific and not worth ANYTHING.

It gives you a good estimation – But it’s probably quite different in reality.

There was actually a second poll with it’s own thread, simply saying “vote”. It got 14% against, 8% neutral, rest was for dueling in a few variations (although not very limiting).
It’s surprisingly similar to the numbers in this poll below.

Cred to Latinkuro

[Suggestion] Duels

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

+1 I’d love duels. Have many pros and little to none cons. This would activate many boring players instead of forcing them to log off. Even if there are certain areas only to practice duels.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

[Suggestion] Duels

Dusty Moon.4382

It gives you a good estimation – But it’s probably quite different in reality.

There was actually a second poll with it’s own thread, simply saying “vote”. It got 14% against, 8% neutral, rest was for dueling in a few variations (although not very limiting).
It’s surprisingly similar to the numbers in this poll below.

This forum has mostly people who don’t play the game and just come here and whine about it. As I said, ask in game, where people are playing the game not on a forum to whine about the game.

[Suggestion] Duels

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

It has been proposed from time to time an easy solution:

Dueling Flag [800 gems]

Flag mode: set auto-decline / see requested invitation.
Flag Use: Issue a dueling challenge to another player who also has a dueling flag in their current inventory and with auto decline off. If target player has no dueling flag or has flag but auto-decline on, nothing happens.

If accepted, dueling flag creates a ring of 1200 radius. Both parties are set to yellow (attackable) target to each other. If one player leaves the ring, both players now become “green” target to each other.

After leaving the ring, both players has the status “duel resting” for 10 mins. While under “dueling resting” cannot accept or send out dueling request.

[Suggestion] Duels

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

Duels and Cantha are most desired content we ware waiting for and those that dont like it are just minority.

Why dont you go then and look how many views and comments Cantha tread has? I dont even want to talk about numbers of treads made for dueling.Stop been selfish people.Dueling wont hurt anyone.

last time i saw a thread like this about 80% were against duels, the reason why you don’t see “remove duels” threats because it isn’t in PvE.
if it was, i can guarantee that allot of players would leave the game permanently, apparently it does hurt someone

Well i played WOW,AION,and at least 10 more MMORPG games and no1 ever left cause of duels.But i know that many people did left GW2 cause of lack of duels and 1 of them is my brother.This is only MMORPG game that i know that has no open world (pk) or duels in open world at all.It was only thing that was backing me off from buying this game.But what lacks here…Everquest Next will have.Too bad that Anet always learns too late.

the reason why they didn’t left the game because of duels is because they accepted the fact, GW2 is the only MMO where PvE is free from duels.
in fact, i know some who play this game because there are no duels in PvE, if it’s added then you can expect a decline of players.

[Suggestion] Duels

saalle.4623

the reason why they didn’t left the game because of duels is because they accepted the fact, GW2 is the only MMO where PvE is free from duels.
in fact, i know some who play this game because there are no duels in PvE, if it’s added then you can expect a decline of players.

That poll above proved everything clear.Majority of people want duels.Minority will leave but more people will come ( or stay to this game).

[Suggestion] Duels

Im Mudbone.1437

That poll above proved everything clear.Majority of people want duels.Minority will leave but more people will come ( or stay to this game).

What poll? In EVERY THREAD ever made regarding duels the MAJORITY disproved of duels unless it was by default auto-decline. I have counted the yeas and nays a few times and the nays won out every time.