[Suggestion] Extra Toon Slot is nice, but...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

This is why you don’t rush in to pre-order blindly lol
Any logical person could have seen the rip off that was the standard edition.. also the entire social media was on fire with this pre-purchase fiasco.. it completely overshadowed everything that gw2 put on at E3 lol…

There was no reason to blindly drop 100 bucks on something so quick and something with little details (not even a release window yet..)

I understand, its “your” money, you can do whatever, including buying it from the very moment it was on the website… but hopefully you realize there was no real need to rush into pre purchasing something that is under heavy scrutiny…you could take an easy guess that anet would likely change something of this pre purchase considering how heavy the scrutiny was..

I agree with you thou OP.. you should have just gotten the equivalent of a free slot in terms of gems.. 2 extra slots is useless..

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

No. Being a vet, being a new player, pre-ordering the ultra super special edition, having a name that starts with the letter C, etc. None of that makes anyone’s opinion matter more than anyone else’s. You can voice your opinion all you want, but it won’t make it any more important or valid than someone with an opposing view on things.

Actually, speaking from a business perspective, customers who pay a premium for goods tend to be treated better than everyday customers. For example, First Class tickets on an airline can cost thousands of dollars more than Coach. By paying for that extra, you’re treated to better food, more comfortable seats, etc.

For Ultimate players, we paid a premium for the best deal out of the options available. The cost was double over what the standard edition went for. The change in Anet’s offers affected the value of the previous deal.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I know I said I was out of this thread. However, upon further consideration I’m going to wait a few days to see if Anet comes up with something for those of us that bought the Deluxe/Ultimate edition. If they don’t I suppose I will contact support and see if they can either refund the extra $50 I paid, remove the items/gems I received with the Ultimate edition, and convert me to the Standard edition or refund me completely and remove the upgrade. I don’t know if that will be possible though as I have already added the mini to my wardrobe. I suppose they could roll the account back but then I’d lose all progress I have made since I bought the Ultimate edition. Plus they generally only do rollbacks for hacked accounts.

The Burninator

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

@Smooth Penguin

Out of interest, had the new deal been in place from the beginning, giving you the HoT upgrade, 2x Character Slots, Mini, Finisher, Decoration, Glider Skin and 4000 gems for $99.99, would you not have bought it?

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

Smooth Penguin.5294

@Smooth Penguin

Out of interest, had the new deal been in place from the beginning, giving you the HoT upgrade, 2x Character Slots, Mini, Finisher, Decoration, Glider Skin and 4000 gems for $99.99, would you not have bought it?

I most likely would have bought it, no question. The difference here is that I would have had the opportunity to see the deal fully, rather than see the deal changed after I paid my $100. But that’s just me. There are those who saw the extra character slot as the deal that enticed them to buy the Deluxe or Ultimate editions.

JustTrogdor.7892

@Smooth Penguin

I’m not SP but I’ll respond. I probably would not have as the Standard edition now comes with an extra character slot. I have no need for a 2nd character slot so that would have been a factor in my decision. I didn’t buy the Ultimate edition just for the extra slot, but it certainly added value to the product when it was released and was a significant factor in my decision to buy. A $10 (800 gems) value over the Standard edition in fact. Sure the 2nd character slot is also a $10 value but I have no need for it so it has zero value to me. It’s the same to me as if Anet said Deluxe/Ultimate customers get a second mini.

The Burninator

Posted by: Batelle.1680

Batelle.1680

So if the people who played $75 or $100 for a $10 character slot get placated by Anet in the form of gems, then what about those people who bought the basic version who don’t need the extra slot, either? Do they get to fixate on the “unfairness” of this offering and poke at Anet until they get 800 gems (gems which can be traded for gold or used to purchase keys that can result in sellable items, thus impacting the exchange rate and the trading post as a whole)?

Posted by: Basandra Skye.4031

Basandra Skye.4031

So…. OP feels cheated for having to buy ultimate for the char slot, anet gives the free slot to all vets, OP feels cheated he cant get gems instead. Did I get that right?

edit: OP, it’s kinda hard for you to complain when you threw money at the screen almost immediately

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

If you purchased the basic version and don’t need/want the extra slot you got one for free, it’s not really a problem. You were never promised anything and you didn’t buy anything extra.

If you purchased a deluxe or ultimate version with needing/wanting a character slot as a factor you considered that is where it appears to be deceptive marketing. These people bought the more expensive version because they wanted the goodies and the character slot, they may not have purchased these version for just the goodies if they didnt need/want the slot.

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

And as per the warnings of even company-sponsored fans (to 12:07):

https://youtu.be/aUtMGS3ezLI?t=720

Sorry to say those who pre-purchased really brought it on themselves.

Posted by: Basandra Skye.4031

Basandra Skye.4031

I know I said I was out of this thread. However, upon further consideration I’m going to wait a few days to see if Anet comes up with something for those of us that bought the Deluxe/Ultimate edition. If they don’t I suppose I will contact support and see if they can either refund the extra $50 I paid, remove the items/gems I received with the Ultimate edition, and convert me to the Standard edition or refund me completely and remove the upgrade. I don’t know if that will be possible though as I have already added the mini to my wardrobe. I suppose they could roll the account back but then I’d lose all progress I have made since I bought the Ultimate edition. Plus they generally only do rollbacks for hacked accounts.

If you’ve already unlocked the mini, the answer’s likely going to be “not unless you want your account closed.”

JustTrogdor.7892

So if the people who played $75 or $100 for a $10 character slot get placated by Anet in the form of gems, then what about those people who bought the basic version who don’t need the extra slot, either? Do they get to fixate on the “unfairness” of this offering and poke at Anet until they get 800 gems (gems which can be traded for gold or used to purchase keys that can result in sellable items, thus impacting the exchange rate and the trading post as a whole)?

The difference is the extra character slot for the Standard edition is what most people were asking for. It is indeed a bonus for the people that bought it because what they paid for had nothing at all aside from the x-pac. They didn’t pay extra for anything else. They knew that going in if they bought it prior to today’s announcement. However, people that paid for the upgraded package paid extra for something that included a character slot. We knew that going in. Now we paid extra for something the people that purchase the Standard edition now get and receive something else that we may or may not need and wasn’t advertised as part of the package. I guarantee a lot of you in this thread, if you were in the shoes of the people that bought the upgraded versions would think of this differently.

Also no one is fixating on unfairness. As customers that paid top price for a product we are simply discussing options that would seem more favorable. Much like all the people that have spent the last 5 days arguing for a character slot with the Standard edition. Unfortunately, I don’t think the people that bought the upgraded editions and supported Anet when they went for sale have the numbers to make a change.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I’m happy with it. I had an extra slot empty and waiting that I’ve been using for key farming. I grabbed the Ultimate Edition and got another empty slot. I immediately filled that slot with an Ele I planned to make anyway. I still have one open slot for more key farming. When HoT releases, though, I’ll fill that slot with a Revenant. Now I’ll have my open slot back to return to the farming life.

The difference is the extra character slot for the Standard edition is what most people were asking for. It is indeed a bonus for the people that bought it because what they paid for had nothing at all aside from the x-pac. They didn’t pay extra for anything else. They knew that going in if they bought it prior to today’s announcement. However, people that paid for the upgraded package paid extra for something that included a character slot. We knew that going in. Now we paid extra for something the people that purchase the Standard edition now get and receive something else that we may or may not need and wasn’t advertised as part of the package. I guarantee a lot of you in this thread, if you were in the shoes of the people that bought the upgraded versions would think of this differently.

Also no one is fixating on unfairness. As customers that paid top price for a product we are simply discussing options that would seem more favorable. Much like all the people that have spent the last 5 days arguing for a character slot with the Standard edition.

It may have taken me longer to come to the conclusion, but I’m pretty sure that I would still have bought the Ultimate because it is the better deal. But, like I said, I have use for two slots.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

My biggest question for the people defending this, saying be happy with it etc…

Do you believe A-net would have marketed the deluxe and ultimate edition the same way, using an extra character slot as one of the offered bonuses, if they had announced that there would be a vet loyalty slot for pre-orders of HOT first?

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

Now, given that the ultimate edition is $100 and includes all the items you wanted plus more, I’m not seeing where the basis of your complaint is. You’re arguing that ANet has given you excess value for the same price, and you want less? I’m not sure where you’re getting the $10 savings from.

Base game originally came with no extra char slot, now it does. So 50 dollars then another 10 to buy a slot play the new character if all your current ones are filled and then 50 for 4k gems which is 110 bucks. So I went for ultimate that came with a char slot and 4k gems which totall 100. So now since I am a vet, I get TWO slots; the one I wanted b/c it was one of two versions that had them and now the one I don’t want. If I could sell that slot I would, it’s going to be unused thus in long run I should have waited for Anet to buckle and bought standard instead. DOH!

If they had vet slots announced during or before taking my money, this would all be moot; I would have bought standard instead for sure. I am not sure how anyone can support misleading advertising but w/e, people are like that I guess.

(edited by fixit.7189)

Kal Spiro.9745

Now, given that the ultimate edition is $100 and includes all the items you wanted plus more, I’m not seeing where the basis of your complaint is. You’re arguing that ANet has given you excess value for the same price, and you want less? I’m not sure where you’re getting the $10 savings from.

Base game originally came with no extra char slot, now it does. So 50 dollars then another 10 to buy a slot play the new character if all your current ones are filled and then 50 for 4k gems which is 110 bucks. So I went for ultimate that came with a char slot and 4k gems which totall 100. So now since I am a vet, I get TWO slots; the one I wanted b/c it was one of two versions that had them and now the one I don’t want. If I could sell that slot I would, it’s going to be unused thus in long run I should have waited for Anet to buckle and bought standard instead. DOH!

W/e, none of you bought into the ultimate…I did, so who cares right. Who cares about 10 bucks, it’s no big deal. Just like having no free char slot in original sales which lead me to buy the ultimate because of that advertised perk. I can’t get a refund b/c I have spent 3k gems on harvest tools and unpacked that mini so I am essentially sol. So w/e man, glad you got your way and to hell with anyone else I guess b/c obviously 5 days of complaints is greater than anything I could muster in my defence: you will rip it up, flame, and call me a troll; amusingly, the same antics you guys did since hot pre-order went up….but that’s apparently right and I am wrong. Meh.

Give it some time? There is always the chance you may want to use that slot afterall. Try some key farming, why not?

It’s hard for me to relate. I bought ultimate for the deal, not just the slot but the tchotchkes too. It was the Deluxe for the price of the standard, plus gems. Even if it didn’t come with a slot I would have just used the gems for a slot. But I also have use for two slots, so…

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

Who else saw this coming?

I think they should come up with something cool to give to people who pay the extra 25 or 50$ in replacement of the extra char slot. Something better than title and a mini but less than or equal to a char slot.

Kal Spiro.9745

I think they should come up with something cool to give to people who pay the extra 25 or 50$ in replacement of the extra char slot. Something better than title and a mini but less than or equal to a char slot.

I really think we need to just let it go. You’re getting two slots. You can say you don’t need them, or what them, and while some of you will legitimately not use them, a bunch, maybe even most of you probably will. So quit trying to weasel every little thing out of them and let it be.

JustTrogdor.7892

So quit trying to weasel every little thing out of them and let it be.

I could have said the same thing about people that argued for character slots or gems or any of the other things people were demanding with the Standard edition, but I didn’t. We are having a discussion on the issue. One that I am trying to keep constructive and polite. We are not demanding anything, but some have suggested things. If the issue does not affect you then why should you be concerned about what we are talking about?

The Burninator

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Anet just announces some changes that will make many players happy. Offering to refund core game purchases from the past 6 months is pretty nice of them. Even offering an additional character slot for existing accounts who pre-ordered is a great boon for veteran players.

However, the issue with the pre-order for Deluxe and Ultimate puts me in a bind. I was one of the first to pick up the Ultimate edition. My laptop screen nearly cracked after I started tossing my wallet at it last week. The one additional slot that was originally offered was perfect. Now we’re getting 2. I don’t need 2 extra character slots.

I’d like to ask that we players who purchased the Deluxe or Ultimate editions to have an option to get the Gem equivalent of the extra character slot.

“I’m not sure we all agreed that’s a problem.”

No problem…nothing to fix with a suggestion.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

As a reminder, some regular posters to the forums enjoy posting provocative yet seemingly reasonable rants about things that don’t actual bother them, just to see the response(s).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

As a reminder, some regular posters to the forums enjoy posting provocative yet seemingly reasonable rants about things that don’t actual bother them, just to see the response(s).

This.

JustTrogdor.7892

Normally I would agree with you but this is an issue that has been brought up by several other people in various threads both here and the HoT forum.

The Burninator

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

I really think we need to just let it go. You’re getting two slots. You can say you don’t need them, or what them, and while some of you will legitimately not use them, a bunch, maybe even most of you probably will. So quit trying to weasel every little thing out of them and let it be.

xD im not even preordering nor am i going to pay more than 50$ i just mean that as WP and many others have said the collector’s edtitions are not that great for a game and I think anet could make something creative to give to the people who bought them.

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Extra Toon Slot is nice, but…

Extra Toon Slot is nice.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Normally I would agree with you but this is an issue that has been brought up by several other people in various threads both here and the HoT forum.

Maybe so, but it could mean that someone you think is agreeing with you is actually egging you on to get you upset, while actually laughing at you.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

JustTrogdor.7892

Maybe so, but it could mean that someone you think is agreeing with you is actually egging you on to get you upset, while actually laughing at you.

I’m not upset at all. I never have been. I’m simply participating in a conversation on the issue and trying to discuss suggestions and options. This thread just happened to be the main one on the issue at hand as the others got buried or were mixed into mega threads. Should SP choose to laugh at me, I have no problem with that.

The Burninator

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Another character slot? That’s nice! Thanks ANet!

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I’m going to enjoy the hell out of my two bonus character slots, and the three I have targetted for rerolls. Yeah, I know…good for me!

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

This has been brought up several times in the main HoT thread posted by Gaile. She has not responded to any of those concerns that I have seen aside from stating that we will get a second character slot. I’m not exactly pleased with it as well as the character slot was part of the value of the Deluxe/Ultimate edition as the standard didn’t come with it. A second slot is of no value to me.

It’s kind of funny all the people that were up in arms over the initial pre-purchase that now got what they wanted, a free character slot, and now acting hostile towards those that purchased the upgraded version and would like to discuss some other option.

I bought the Ultimate last week too. I’ll be getting every single thing I paid for, plus an extra character slot. I see absolutely no reason to complain about getting an extra character slot. If nothing else it will become a mule because extra storage is nice.

I could understand some of the complaints before, but now it just seems that people are pushing for the love of pushing.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’m not upset at all. I never have been. I’m simply participating in a conversation on the issue and trying to discuss suggestions and options. This thread just happened to be the main one on the issue at hand as the others got buried or were mixed into mega threads. Should SP choose to laugh at me, I have no problem with that.

/shrug

When you said you were thinking of contacting support about this to get a refund, from what I can tell was based on the game giving you an extra freebie unexpectedly, that sounded like you were upset about it to me.

Maybe you should wait a few days to see if you still feel the same or maybe you’ll think of a use for that extra slot.

ANet may give it to you.

JustTrogdor.7892

I have stated several times that I am not upset. A bit displeased but not upset. Maybe people should stop telling me how I feel or what my opinion on the issue should be. I believe that would be a fair agreement.

I guess I have said all I have to say on the issue once again. Hopefully Anet will read this or our forum specialist will forward it to them.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Just a flesh wound.3589

I have stated several times that I am not upset. A bit displeased but not upset. Maybe people should stop telling me how I feel or what my opinion on the issue should be. I believe that would be a fair agreement.

I guess I have said all I have to say on the issue once again. Hopefully Anet will read this or our forum specialist will forward it to them.

Ok. You were a bit displeased to unexpectedly be given an extra character slot. Displeased enough to be thinking of contacting support about it.

Good luck on getting a resolution that satisfies you.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Having SP as your support hurts your argument, though.

JustTrogdor.7892

Ok. You were a bit displeased to unexpectedly be given an extra character slot. Displeased enough to be thinking of contacting support about it.

Good luck on getting a resolution that satisfies you.

I’ve been a bit displeased with other purchases and returned them. I wasn’t upset but I returned them due to that. As I said hopefully Anet sees the posts on this topic and considers something else. I’m sure it will surface again. You seem dedicated to having the last word or trying to get me riled up like you accused SP of so I’ll let you have it.

The Burninator

Smooth Penguin.5294

A lot of the counter arguments are missing the main point. We technically paid for a VIP edition of the game, and due to other complaints, Anet changed the product after we paid for it. Had Anet just offered the extra character slot from the beginning, there wouldn’t be an issue. Why? Because the product offerings would most likely have been different than offering 2 character slots for Deluxe/Ultimate.

Some must like having 2 character slots. Some don’t. I already paid for enough character slots to satisfy my gaming needs. I’ve got enough alts, thank you. So by offering an extra slot that I don’t need on top of the one that I already paid for with Ultimate, the value of what I initially thought was a great value went down by $10 or 800 Gems worth. That’s my take.

Others who might not care for the extra slots are the ones who felt cheated. They paid for Deluxe on the idea that only that tier and up had the extra slot that they already needed. That was their main draw to those deals. The extra they’re paying is for the slot, mini, finisher and other fluff of Deluxe, and the 4k Gems of the Ultimate. The whole draw to Deluxe/Ultimate changes because the draw of the slot is gone.

Posted by: Nick.5276

Nick.5276

While they have no pressing reason to it would be an amazing piece of PR for Anet to say, “Here are the choices for your upgrade package. You can swap any character slot for Gems, and minipet for another of equal rarity, etc”

Ascended gear is allowing stat changes for insignia’s into the game to allow for more choice, why not the same for the expansion offers?

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Here was my thought process when deciding which edition of the pre-purchase to buy.
-Standard Edition doesn’t come with a character slot… nope.
-Deluxe Edition comes with a character slot and the freebies are nice. If it weren’t for the glider skin I would’ve settle for Standard Edition and just bought a character slot (as it works out cheaper).
-Ultimate Edition is great value for money. As an occasional purchaser or gems (with real money), this should pay off as I would’ve eventually bought the equivalent of gems anyway, but here I can do it for cheaper.

My point here is, I only considered Ultimate because I considered the Deluxe Edition because of the char slot. It’s very clever marketing, really.

And sure, I could complain that I would’ve just bought Standard Edition had I known, but if I wanted to I could’ve bought SE and a character slot for 10 dollars (still cheaper than DD). That choice was there, and if somebody made that decision they probably would’ve gotten a refund for their character slot that they bought (with real money) if they asked for one.

Tl;dr- The argument is moot considering players could buy a Standard + a character slot for cheaper than Deluxe.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Just a question:

I bought the ultimate version does this mean I get 2 slots now? instead of one? I do not mind tbh…

SO I’ll have 19 slots in a short while and a beta slot I guess…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Mentor.4130

Mentor.4130

Better solution would be Ultimate and Deluxe buyers get 800 gems instead of free slot. Some buyers that value extra slot would get another slot, others something else from gem store.

That way both customers keep positive perceived value of the package we paid premium price for.

(edited by Mentor.4130)

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Just remove the extra character slot from the standard edition and all problems are solved.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

A lot of the counter arguments are missing the main point. We technically paid for a VIP edition of the game, and due to other complaints, Anet changed the product after we paid for it.

Now that does feel like entitlement. I payed more to be a VIP, I don’t want those dirty regular edition peasants to have a slot like me! :p

You’ll have to deal with it here. People will complain much harder about not getting something they feel they need, than about getting something they feel they don’t need.

Also, don’t forget that a char slot can always be converted into extra account bound bank space for cheap.

As for rationality, would you have bought something else if the deal was as it was known today?

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I have all classes at 80 and 2 extra character slots… I havent pre.ordered yet… I will maby go for Deluxe (Middle verison if I am correct) or maby standard… I don’t care for more character slots and if I buy Delux I will get two more slots… Well I don’t mind, maby sometime in the future I will need them, who knows I got them for free (Well atleast one of them). People complained, people gave examples of what to get and what was loudest was a Character slot. So the problem is when people are complaining but to forget to give feedback.

About Gems instead of a character slot… It sound realy nice in theory but imagine how many Veteran players there are and including the Ultimate 4000gems, imagine how much Gems that will be given away, imagine what they will do with the Gems, do you think that everyone will buy stuff with gems? I think alot will convert gems to Gold, this will be a problem. thats what I think.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

These days people want everything on a silver plate.It’s so mind bogling….

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Smooth Penguin.5294

Now that does feel like entitlement. I payed more to be a VIP, I don’t want those dirty regular edition peasants to have a slot like me! :p

I’m not too sure you understand what Entitlement means, mate. I’m not asking for something for nothing. I paid $100 for the Ultimate based on the deal at the time. They’re offering 2 character slots now, which is one more than I need or wanted. All I ask is that we get an option to choose something else that we can use. I’ve paid enough real money for extra character slots in these past 3 years. If they never offered the character slot on any HoT edition, I would simply delete a character and use that.

They could make a grab bag type of item, which could be mailed to all Deluxe and Ultimate pre-order players. Double click on it, and it could give you an option of one more character slot, 800 Gems, or maybe some BL Keys. Something like that.

These days people want everything on a silver plate.It’s so mind bogling….

The difference here is that I paid for that silver plate.

Posted by: Mentor.4130

Mentor.4130

I have all classes at 80 and 2 extra character slots… I havent pre.ordered yet… I will maby go for Deluxe (Middle verison if I am correct) or maby standard… I don’t care for more character slots and if I buy Delux I will get two more slots… Well I don’t mind, maby sometime in the future I will need them, who knows I got them for free (Well atleast one of them). People complained, people gave examples of what to get and what was loudest was a Character slot. So the problem is when people are complaining but to forget to give feedback.

About Gems instead of a character slot… It sound realy nice in theory but imagine how many Veteran players there are and including the Ultimate 4000gems, imagine how much Gems that will be given away, imagine what they will do with the Gems, do you think that everyone will buy stuff with gems? I think alot will convert gems to Gold, this will be a problem. thats what I think.

Sorry, but I payed for my 4000 gems. They were not given to me.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Sorry, but I payed for my 4000 gems. They were not given to me.

Hmm… That is actually true… But they where at a discount price though. Anyway I am sorry. But free gems for every veteran player could still be bad for Gem economy I beleave. Hmmm I started thinking, I wonder if the 4k gems bought with the Ultimate edition will effect the Gold to Gems and/or Gems to Gold ratio?

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Dozingoff.4823

Dozingoff.4823

Actually after ArenaNet solve the issue between veteran and new players by offering an extra character slot which is good,but result in some of those in deluxe/ultimate buyers unhappy over it.From what I see their issue is the extra slot,which I think can solved better if they reduce the price of standard for Veterans to $40(without free slot) instead of $50(with free slot).This can help solve those unhappy to feel special with their deluxe/ultimate edition(unchanged remain same) and those who are in standard that want an extra slot can buy in gem store which result the same as the $50 one. Just my 2cents.

(edited by Dozingoff.4823)

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

$100 and $75 included the extra character slot for both new and older players. $50 got new players 5 slots (understandable, being their first GW2 game and all). $50 previously got older players zero slots. Fair change, if you ask me.

What this change does is making MANY more “vet” players go for the standard edition, which will mean more sales for ANet, compared to zero pre-sales, as was most likely going to happen. While some players will not buy anyway, I am fairly convinced their latest decision have brought many more people onboard.

Having a free character slot is a boon, anyway you slice it, unless you hate seeing and open block on your character log in screen. It’s good to have the option to restart the game with any character/profession you may envision, plus I am not too sure you can guarantee 100% that there will never be any other Profession available in the next few years.

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

inb4 there’s a new race/another new class in a couple of months and all these people find they really did need that second character slot.

Tarnished Coast