[Suggestion] Extra Toon Slot is nice, but...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

So quit trying to weasel every little thing out of them and let it be.

I could have said the same thing about people that argued for character slots or gems or any of the other things people were demanding with the Standard edition, but I didn’t. We are having a discussion on the issue. One that I am trying to keep constructive and polite. We are not demanding anything, but some have suggested things. If the issue does not affect you then why should you be concerned about what we are talking about?

The issue effects everyone. It always does. I’m happy with what I got, but that doesn’t change the fact that others trying to change the deal more does effect me. That’s the problem. Someone is never satisfied, and as soon as one person isn’t satisfied people come out of the wood works on the prospect that they might be able to get more. Give an inch, as the old adage says.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

That’s the problem. Someone is never satisfied, and as soon as one person isn’t satisfied people come out of the wood works on the prospect that they might be able to get more. Give an inch, as the old adage says.

That’s true to an extent, but most of us here aren’t demanding anything. If people are dissatisfied there’s nothing wrong or entitled about calmly and politely voicing that concern. Open discussion is the only way things change.

Many who are complaining are simply asking if some thing could be done to accommodate those who pre-ordered early based on the advertised release model and offers. Then to have the loyalty slot handed out makes many people feel deceived, I wouldn’t have weighed the character slot in the deluxe and ultimate edition so heavily had I known any pre-order would get one.

As I’ve asked before, Does anyone actaully believe A-net would have included or used the inclusion of an extra character slot in the deluxe/ultimate edition as a hook to get people to buy if they had also announced the plan to give away a loyalty character slot with all pre-orders?

The issue I have is not with what is being given, it’s with the ORDER of operations, had the announcement about the loyalty slot been befor pre-orders there would be absolutely no problem.

Posted by: Gimli.9461

Gimli.9461

I ask that the 2nd character slot I get is instead mailed to me as a freshly fried chicken.

People are just being ridiculous. You don’t want it now you may want it later. You whined and whined and you got extra character slot, you can pat yourself on the back.

Miku.6297

I ask that the 2nd character slot I get is instead mailed to me as a freshly fried chicken.

People are just being ridiculous. You don’t want it now you may want it later. You whined and whined and you got extra character slot, you can pat yourself on the back.

90% sure most of the people complaining about this bought a deluxe or ultimate edition… Odds are good they were not the extremely vocal group about the price being to much…

As I’ve asked before, Does anyone actaully believe A-net would have included or used the inclusion of an extra character slot in the deluxe/ultimate edition as a hook to get people to buy if they had also announced the plan to give away a loyalty character slot with all pre-orders?

Miku.6297

Well for those that have been wondering, unless the policy changes…

Hello *,

Thank you for your patience. I understand you would like to know if we are able to exchange the extra character slot that will be given for the Heart Of Thorns expansion purchase.

While we would like to exchange the free extra character slot, we are unable to give you another item instead of it.

We appreciate your understanding. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,

GM *
Guild Wars 2 Support Team

I guess that’s that.

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

I’ll never get people who got the ultimate versions JUST because of the character slot, I mean if that’s all you want, then just get the regular version and buy a char slot, it’s m,uch cheaper.
If you bought the ultimate version I assume it’s because you wanted other benefits of it aswell, so complaining now that you only wanted the character slot doesn’t make sense at all.

Miku.6297

I’ll never get people who got the ultimate versions JUST because of the character slot, I mean if that’s all you want, then just get the regular version and buy a char slot, it’s m,uch cheaper.
If you bought the ultimate version I assume it’s because you wanted other benefits of it aswell, so complaining now that you only wanted the character slot doesn’t make sense at all.

If you mean me, you are miss-reading what I’m saying.

The character slot was one of many factors that helped me decide which one to buy.

I would need a slot to create a new revanent, making the bonus of a slot very nice as part of the deluxe or ultimate edition. So I bought the more expensive version based on the desire to get…

1. The expansion
2. The little goodies
3. The character slot I needed to create a rev.

With the new loyalty slot being handed out/announced AFTER the pre-orders my needs changed…

1. The expansion
2. The little goodies
3. I no longer need a slot, so this would not have been a contributing factor to my decision any longer.

Going to keep copying this at the bottom of my posts…
“As I’ve asked before, Does anyone actaully believe A-net would have included or used the inclusion of an extra character slot in the deluxe/ultimate edition as a hook to get people to buy if they had also announced the plan to give away a loyalty character slot with all pre-orders?”

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Going to keep copying this at the bottom of my posts…
“As I’ve asked before, Does anyone actaully believe A-net would have included or used the inclusion of an extra character slot in the deluxe/ultimate edition as a hook to get people to buy if they had also announced the plan to give away a loyalty character slot with all pre-orders?”

Yes I believe it was a simple marketing tactic to include the additional slot bundled with the Deluxe and Ultimate. The slot and other fluff goodies are there to entice players to purchase the higher end options. This, however, is not the problem. Offering better quality product options is simply business.

The loyalty gift was decided after the complaints went mainstream. Anet didn’t know people would be mad that no extra slot was offered with the standard version. The respond to all Vet players was good, in my opinion.

The problem is that some players will feel cheated because the initial offer of the Deluxe and Ultimate had the extra slot as part of the deal (at the time). Players took the value of the bundle into consideration on getting just the Standard edition, or getting the Deluxe/Ultimate. The value changed once the free slot was given to all Vets who get HoT.

Again, Anet did good by offering something to the Veteran players. But for players who already spend a lot of money buying extra slots over the past 3 years, getting an extra 2 is not needed. Thus my suggestion that Anet offer an option for something else in exchange. This isn’t one of those “I’ll quit if I don’t get my way” rage threads. This is a civil debate requesting Anet consider the feelings of the loyal players who purchased the pre-order while the vocal minority was complaining.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Miku.6297

Yep, that’s basicly my point in asking that question.

A-net would most likely NOT have used the character slot in this way had the announcement of the loyalty slot come first or at the same time. Deceptive marketing is frowned upon most of the time.

Yep, I won’t quit if nothing happens, I just wish A-net would at least offer an apology to the people that may feel cheated or tricked by this.

Smooth Penguin.5294

Yep, that’s basicly my point in asking that question.

A-net would most likely NOT have used the character slot in this way had the announcement of the loyalty slot come first or at the same time. Deceptive marketing is frowned upon most of the time.

Yep, I won’t quit if nothing happens, I just wish A-net would at least offer an apology to the people that may feel cheated or tricked by this.

I don’t feel that it was deceptive. Having a Business/Marketing degree, I’ve learned of far far far worse practices. A ballpark selling a medium drink that’s short and wide, and a large drink that’s tall and skinny, but having the same net weight in both is deceptive. Offering a premium package by bundling attractive products is just a tactic to appeal to impulse buyers. Seeing how much more you can get over the stander version offsets the price difference psychologically.

BUT, that doesn’t mean that someone won’t feel “cheated” by what happened. Personally, I feel the value of my Ultimate changed, thus the reason why I offered an idea to make up for it. I’ll be perfectly fine if Anet never considers my suggestion.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Just an update for those that purchased the Ultimate and are not pleased with the current situation. It does appear you can get a full refund and then choose to buy the Standard that comes with the character slot if you so choose.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Grievance-with-HoT-prepurchase/first#post5197124

Anet’s willingness to do this tells me they understand that the recent change was not favorable for everyone that purchased the Ultimate edition.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Jim.9532

Jim.9532

Hi gang – I spent my gems that I received from ultimate edition before this change came in. They could not refund my money and allow me to purchase standard but they have removed the extra character slot and given me a further 800 gems. I’m ok with that I think!

Miku.6297

You got lucky~ I asked them to do that for me, this is what I was told.

“Hello *,

Thank you for your patience. I understand you would like to know if we are able to exchange the extra character slot that will be given for the Heart Of Thorns expansion purchase.

While we would like to exchange the free extra character slot, we are unable to give you another item instead of it.

We appreciate your understanding. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,

GM *
Guild Wars 2 Support Team"

Totally not cool to help only select customers out with the same issue :/

Kal Spiro.9745

Hi gang – I spent my gems that I received from ultimate edition before this change came in. They could not refund my money and allow me to purchase standard but they have removed the extra character slot and given me a further 800 gems. I’m ok with that I think!

I’m calling bull on this. For one, no they didn’t, they’re not going to, and they don’t really have a way to do this. Two, they haven’t given out the extra slot yet, so again, no they didn’t.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Lol this whole thread is crazy. It’s fine to ask for more gems on the ultimate edition, because the stuff you get for deluxe and ultimate is in no way worth the price.

Instead of asking to remove stuff or refund things, you should ask anet to add more for people buying these versions.

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Posted by: Flop Sweat.3456

Flop Sweat.3456

I dun know ’bout you people, but I am PUMPED that I am getting two more slots!

And ’bout HoT in general!

Graey Mance-Iron Legion Engineer.
There when you need him.

Miku.6297

I dun know ’bout you people, but I am PUMPED that I am getting two more slots!

Would you be more or less pumped if you were getting 1 slot + 800 gems? I know those who don’t want two character slots would be happier with that option :P

JustTrogdor.7892

I’m calling bull on this. For one, no they didn’t, they’re not going to, and they don’t really have a way to do this. Two, they haven’t given out the extra slot yet, so again, no they didn’t.

I just submitted a request for the same thing with a link to Jim’s post in the account forum where he claimed they fufilled his request. We’ll see what happens and I’ll report back with the results.

The Burninator

Miku.6297

“Hello ,

As a general rule, we are not able to offer a gem refund. However, in this case, we were able to refund 800 gems and they have been added to your account. Please check your gem balance for confirmation.

We cannot guarantee that a similar refund will be possible in the future, so please exercise care when conducting all your gem transactions.

Regards,

GM Destroyer
Guild Wars 2 Support Team*

Joy ~~

Confirmed gems are on my account now

Posted by: anx.7549

anx.7549

Nice to see. I’m happy with what will be two extra slots, but good to know.

Anx

Smooth Penguin.5294

“Hello ,

As a general rule, we are not able to offer a gem refund. However, in this case, we were able to refund 800 gems and they have been added to your account. Please check your gem balance for confirmation.

We cannot guarantee that a similar refund will be possible in the future, so please exercise care when conducting all your gem transactions.

Regards,

GM Destroyer
Guild Wars 2 Support Team*

Joy ~~

Confirmed gems are on my account now

Wait wait wait wait wait. You’re telling me that Anet is in fact exchanging the extra character slot for 800 Gems? Please tell me you’re not trolling, as I’m about to soil myself from happiness.

JustTrogdor.7892

Wait wait wait wait wait. You’re telling me that Anet is in fact exchanging the extra character slot for 800 Gems? Please tell me you’re not trolling, as I’m about to soil myself from happiness.

I have a ticket in process for the same thing. The last email I got was they need to send it to someone else for review. I updated the ticket with a link to the posts showing others have gotten 800 gems to replace the unwanted extra slot. I’ll update and post a screen cap of the email when I hear back.

The Burninator

Smooth Penguin.5294

I have a ticket in process for the same thing. The last email I got was they need to send it to someone else for review. I updated the ticket with a link to the posts showing others have gotten 800 gems to replace the unwanted extra slot. I’ll update and post a screen cap of the email when I hear back.

I think I need to lie down. Or maybe just go and cook dinner while I wait for your (hopefully) good post.

Posted by: JNetRocks.3652

JNetRocks.3652

Now that does feel like entitlement. I payed more to be a VIP, I don’t want those dirty regular edition peasants to have a slot like me! :p

No, that’s not it. I’m really psyched that everyone got character slots – I thought it was absurd that standard didn’t come with one. I also want to point out that while I would PREFER gems, I am not angry about getting two slots.

It’s not about being special, it’s about value and perceived value.

Part of the value of Deluxe/Ultimate (really just Ultimate since Deluxe is poo) was the character slot. As soon as that was added to Standard, these two lost some of their appeal/perceived value.

Adding a second slot for Deluxe/Ultimate was very nice of ANet. 800 gems would have been equal in value but greater in perceived value since it can be spent however you want.

I have 20 character slots (before pre-ordering). Having one slot was a must for me for the Revenant. Having two? I might use it. I’d’a still preferred the option.

Miku.6297

Hope this helps

I’ve added pictures from my first submission, up till the more recent time after I pointed out this thread, and another user getting a re-imbursed the gems.

As you can see from the screen caps, it did take a little bit of time and messaging to get it straightened out, but they did it! HUGE CHEERS FOR A-NETS CS TEAM ON THIS ONE!:)

Attachments:

(edited by Miku.6297)

JustTrogdor.7892

Hope this helps

Out of curiosity did they remove the character slot that came with Ultimate, and in which case you will get the free one that comes with all veteran pre-purchases when they send them out? Or are you just not getting the second character slot?

The Burninator

Miku.6297

Good question, weird answer…

No it appears to still be there, I never used it, and don’t plan on using it till HoT comes out, or they roll out the loyalty slots, it was so nice of them to help out with this mess I wouldn’t want to risk it, or take advantage of A-net doing something so great!

No clue on what the plan is, I figured it would have been removed from my account, I didn’t even bother too look till you asked, I’m guessing it’s suppose to be gone till the loyalty ones.

JustTrogdor.7892

So I am guessing you won’t get the second slot sent to you then? That is what I am wondering. In my message I asked them to remove the slot in exchange for gems and in which case I would get the loyalty slot veteran pre-purchasers get instead of recieving a second slot. Maybe I over complicated my request. LOL.

Either way if things get mixed up at least I can reference this thread.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Miku.6297

Probably, I still have it no plan on using it till the loyalties roll out. This is how I worded my request to have it changed over.

“Any way I can get the character slot converted into gems”

I’m actually super impressed with A-net right now, hearing the community out and giving out the loyalty slot was shocking! It’s even better if they help all of us deluxe/ult orders that supported fast and early get a fair deal as well

JustTrogdor.7892

Yes I am pleased they have addressed this issue as well and are willing to work with those of us that paid for the Ultimate Edition prior to the loyalty slot change. Many people said it would not happen. Hopefully it works for me as well even if I worded my request wrong.

The Burninator

Posted by: bradadad.8915

bradadad.8915

I have two sayings.
1) The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

My +70 year old stepfather told me that. I have seen it apply over and over again. Old man wisdom right there. Many of us wanted a change and we got it due to making some noise. Some call it crying, others call it Collective Buying Power. It’s actually a thing.

2) You can please all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

This is a quote of which is identical to Abraham Lincoln’s own quote with the exception of one word. Swap “please” with “fool”. It works equally well either way. Hopefully you get the context of my second quote. Making the new xpac package pricing good for most people might be the best we can hope for. We can’t necessarily hope for perfect for everyone.

Miku.6297

Bradada I totally agree with the first point, however what bugs more then anything about it…

Calmly stating you are displeased with something, rationally asking if something can be done is not the same demanding, insulting, or threatening. The later could be called as crying, whineing, QQ, etc. However simply saying you are not happy and asking for something to be fixed is NOT being an entitled brat.

Actually if A-net just came on and said “All ult/deluxe purchasers will be given 800 gems, rather then the extra character slot”, I think everyone would be happy…

Kal Spiro.9745

So are they “refunding” the slot that comes with Deluxe/Ultimate with the expectation of giving out the new free slot when that comes around? Or are they refunding the slot that hasn’t even been granted to anyone yet, cause that would be weird.

Also, take into mind you guys got two slots right off. One normal slot and one beta slot.

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

Miku.6297

They definitely are refunding some players who purchased the ultimate/deluxe editions the 800 gems. (Look at my email screen shots).

As far as which slot is being refunded I have no clue, as I said I got the gem refund but still have the character slot, so I’m expecting I just won’t be getting the later one.

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

So are they “refunding” the slot that comes with Deluxe/Ultimate with the expectation of giving out the new free slot when that comes around? Or are they refunding the slot that hasn’t even been granted to anyone yet, cause that would be weird.

You get 2.

-Disregard, read out of context.

(edited by BrooksP.4318)

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

Man… ANet can’t even give things away for free without people kittening at them…

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

Miku.6297

Man… ANet can’t even give things away for free without people kittening at them…

Had they given these free BEFOR pre-orders had been placed, it would have been purely awesome for everyone. Giving them out after people pre-ordered some editions with a character slot being one weighing factor: not so awesome.

Kal Spiro.9745

They definitely are refunding some players who purchased the ultimate/deluxe editions the 800 gems. (Look at my email screen shots).

As far as which slot is being refunded I have no clue, as I said I got the gem refund but still have the character slot, so I’m expecting I just won’t be getting the later one.

That actually does kind of upset me. They don’t, apparently, have the tech to just give us the slots, but they can refund the slot on an individual basis. So, even though I want the slot, it would be more worthwhile for me to ask for a refund, get the gems immediately and then use the gems to buy a slot, rather than waiting for however long it takes them to just hand over a slot.

Then, of course, there is the possibility of them messing up and handing out the slot anyway.

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

Had they given these free BEFOR pre-orders had been placed, it would have been purely awesome for everyone. Giving them out after people pre-ordered some editions with a character slot being one weighing factor: not so awesome.

In the case that the marginal character slot was the determining factor, then you can get a refund for your deluxe edition and buy the standard. No Harm; no foul. If you want to keep the goodies and now you have an extra slot… you didn’t lose any value on your purchase, you just have an extra slot that, even if you never use it, has no cost to have.

Anet didn’t remove value from anyone’s purchase (the opposite, in fact). The issue is that people aren’t getting exactly what they want. Well, I wish I got kitten gift card with my laptop instead of having Norton Antivirus pre-installed on it.

If wishes were fishes then nobody would go hungry.

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

Miku.6297

In the case that the marginal character slot was the determining factor, then you can get a refund for your deluxe edition and buy the standard. No Harm; no foul. If you want to keep the goodies and now you have an extra slot… you didn’t lose any value on your purchase, you just have an extra slot that, even if you never use it, has no cost to have.

— If you spent any of the gems associated with the order for ultimate you are not eligable to be refunded the purchase.

Some of us purchased the edition because of the extra incentive of an extra slot (we needed ONE slot), these same people might have chosen a different purchase if they had known a slot was going to be given as a free loyalty reward to ALL purchase options. (notice this information was NOT present on the initial opening of preorders? Also care to take a guess as to if this info had been available if a CHAR SLOT would have been one of the bonuses for the more expensive versions?)

Anet didn’t remove value from anyone’s purchase (the opposite, in fact). The issue is that people aren’t getting exactly what they want. Well, I wish I got kitten gift card with my laptop instead of having Norton Antivirus pre-installed on it.

If wishes were fishes then nobody would go hungry.

Please don’t imply I have ever ONCE said that they removed value. I never said it, I never implied it. I did say that the “worth” of the character slot for some players will diminish with the announcement of a free loyalty slot being added to all orders. I need 1 character slot, I do not need or want 2.

Deluxe/ultimate edition pre-announcement = 75 or 100$

1 expansion
1 slot
1 batch of goodies
ultimate 1 4k gems.

standard pre annnounce
1 expansion

post announcement 75 or 100$
1 expansion
1 batch of goodies
ultimate 4k gems
1 loyalty slot
1 character slot (which I no longer need or want)

standard
1 expansion
1 loyalty slot

My desire to buy the more expensive version becomes less, when I no longer need the character slot. (I’m not saying they are taking anything away, but as I said… Do you think theres a reason they included the character slot BEFOR announcing the loyalty rewards, do you think they would have had the slot there if the loyalty had been anounced befor)

I’d totally see your point about your laptop if it’s a compairable situation. Did you buy your laptop as one of the more expensive choices, that included everything that came with it? (We need to assume you wanted norton for this to be a valid comparison) Then before your laptop was even available to be used, the store you bought it from said "hey guys we have decided to include norton with ALL laptop models from this line, but don’t worry if you got the more expensive version we will give you a second copy of norton, that must be used on this laptop free.

The result, those who waited to pre-order got a good deal, those that pre-ordered early and might not be happy with 2 character slots got told “See you shoulda waited and been informed”.

Wishing that you can get exactly what you want in bundles isn’t what this is about. It’s about adding part of a more expensive bundle to less expensive versions and saying don’t worry we will give you an extra DUPLICATE item to people who purchased and supported your release early.

(edited by Miku.6297)

Smooth Penguin.5294

Because this request probably has to go up the chain of command in Customer Service, I’m going to submit a request and hope for a good result. If it’s true that Anet refunded 800 Gems in exchange for deleting 1 of the 2 extra slots, they’ll go down in history as being one of the most responsive and caring MMO companies ever!

JustTrogdor.7892

I have been talking with support for 2 days on this issue. Unlike the other two in this thread they tell me it isn’t something they can or will do even though I linked to all the discussions where others that purchased Ultimate have received the 800 gems. They keep telling me the only people that got gems were people that bought a character slot directly from the gem store after buying the expansion and before the announcment of the loyalty slot. Even though I have shown them this isn’t the case from what others posted, I am having no luck.

The Burninator

Smooth Penguin.5294

Hopefully Miku can clarify what his situation was when he got his 800 Gems.

Miku.6297

I’ll try to help as much as I can.
Income long post, I will try to condense as much as possable, this is from the start.

Request received: 1597226:Pre-Purchase HOT ultimate edition
Fayt-
So I prepurchased the ultimate edition of HoT, a MAJOR factor in my decision to do this was the value of the gems + the free character slot which I needed to make a new character.
The recent announcement removes the need to buy one of the more expensive editions for that slot, so you advertised 3 products sold me the most expensive then added a MAJOR part of it to all three packs?!
Any way I can get the character slot converted into gems, I’d rather not have to re-order but if you can’t give me something of actual value for the slot Who do I speak to about a refund?
———————-
GM Eddy P (Guild Wars 2 Support)

Jun 22, 15:10

Hello Fayt,

Thanks for contacting us!

I am transferring this ticket to the Guild Wars 2 Game Support Team to assist you with your in-game issue. Someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible.

Regards,

GM Eddy P
—————————————————-
Hello Fayt,

Regards,

GM AMI
———————
fayt
Jun 23, 07:59
Well that’s really not what I was hoping to hear, is there any way to reverse the order so I can buy a cheaper version?
—————
GM Josh (Guild Wars 2 Support)

Jun 24, 06:38

Hello Fayt,

We have reviewed your request to refund the money associated with your recent Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns Ultimate Edition purchase and found that the purchase is not eligible to be refunded. We are only able to refund the Heart of Thorns Ultimate Edition purchase if none of the gems associated with the purchase you wish to refund were used in-game.

If you have any further questions please let us know.

Regards,

GM Josh
—————————-
Ifayt

Jun 24, 09:35

Any chance I could get the 800 gems for the character slot given to me then??

A poster in the forum about this claims that this was done for him.. Jim.9532
"

“?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-Extra-Toon-Slot-is-nice-but/page/4#post5199388
———————
Hello Fayt,

I am transferring this ticket to the Guild Wars 2 Game Support Team to assist you with your in-game issue. Someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible.

Regards,

GM Josh
————————
Hello Fayt,

Regards,

GM Destroyer

That’s the whole story. I did use some of the gems to purchase the white wings (that’s why I was uneleligable to be refunded the full purchase); I did NOT buy any character slots after buying the ultimate edition.

A-net would be one of the most epic customer friendly MMO developers I’ve ever worked with if they do this for everyone.

(edited by Miku.6297)

Smooth Penguin.5294

Thanks so much Miku. I’m in the exact same boat as you, since I got the White Wings as well. Of course Anet needs to look at everyone on a case by case basis. I’m going to try my luck and report back. Hopefully JT will have good luck with his ticket as well.

anx.7549

Any updates on this? Seems a little unfair if you used some of the gems. I blew the 4000 gems in just a few hours so even though I’m happy with the extra slot I’m not going to try and confuse some poor CS person by asking for a refund!

Anx

Smooth Penguin.5294

Customer Service has been really good lately. Someone responded to my ticket within 20 minutes, and now I’m being transferred over to a Game Support Team member.

/crossesfingers

Miku.6297

Good luck Smooth and TB!

Anx, why would it be unfair if any of the gems were spent? They aren’t refunding any spent gems. They are reimbursing the unwanted character slot.

anx.7549

Sorry Miku I thought I read it that Anet were holding off on refunding due to gems being spent. It was early in the morning when I read that.

Anx

Posted by: JNetRocks.3652

JNetRocks.3652

:\ I am a little bleh about this whole thing. I wish they would just come out and say “We will give you a char slot OR 800 gems”. I really dont’ want to buy the ultimate with 2 slots if one will never get used, but if this refund is only for people who pre-purchased AND spend gems and aren’t eligible for a refund… Meh!

1 new class = 1 new char slot is all that’s needed.
Just offer us an alternative for the second slot.