Suggestion: First Person Camera

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kynmarcher.2184

Kynmarcher.2184

Hello A.Net Development Team (assuming you see this).

So this is just a humble request from a blogger. I have a tumblr for all things gaming and one of the segments I like to do is called ‘Adventures in Tyria’ where I take screenshots from a zone (mostly taken through vistas) and I give a little blurb about the zone. Now it’s not HUGE, but I am working on expanding it as I go through various zones because lets face it, the world you’ve created here is absolutely amazing!

That said there is something I’d love to see you add to the game when you have the ability to do so and that is a first person camera view. I’m not after additional functionality, I don’t want to be able to play Guild Wars 2 like I play Skyrim, but what I want to be able to do is zoom in and take screenshots without my character being in the way of the shot.

This would allow me (but also many other people) to take amazing shots of the world you’ve created, something that I feel not having a first person camera really hurts. So please, if it can be done, consider it so we can share awesome screenshots with others who either haven’t experienced the game, or enjoy it as much as we do.

Posted by: Gandolfi.1507

Gandolfi.1507

I agree this would be a nice addition. The other related item I’d like to see is the ability to toggle the UI on and off so we can take screenshots with our character but without the distracting UI elements.

Not the end of the world if it is not possible, but would be nice for those of us who enjoy taking pictures of our time in Tyria.

Godrik Gandolfi – human warrior; Lucius Foestabber – charr reaper
The Path Least Travelled, Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: akalanaya.4721

akalanaya.4721

The other related item I’d like to see is the ability to toggle the UI on and off so we can take screenshots with our character but without the distracting UI elements.

You actually can do this; the shortcut (might not be on by default) is Ctrl-Shift-H. :)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I would be happy if I could zoom in more.

Shouldn’t have to swig bobblehead potion, or stand back to back, just to see a close-up of another player’s face.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

First person view has been suggestion since launch, so probably not going to happen anytime soon. Would love to see it though…

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

It’s always baffled me why they don’t have this.

Posted by: Vespero.6180

Vespero.6180

First person view has been suggestion since launch, so probably not going to happen anytime soon. Would love to see it though…

this is exatly why i wonder if it’s worth to write suggestion here

Posted by: Andrax.4576

Andrax.4576

I want first person as well. Every time they add some cool new environments, i don’t gaze at them like “woow so beautiful”, instead, i look at it for a while and think to myself “Why is there not a first person view so people can screenshot this beautiful landscape?”

I LOVE taking landscape screenshots in MMO’s and it absolutely infuriates me that you can’t in GW2. There is absolutely no good reason not to have it.

Rose Osiana [Elementalist]
Gandara EU
[DYE]

Posted by: Darkorical.9213

Darkorical.9213

I am among those who want First person view but only because I plan on getting myself an Oculus Rift for Christmas and would love to use it with GW2

Posted by: Lucky Shot.7650

Lucky Shot.7650

I’d like to be able to watch other people’s characters closely without the need to run past them.

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Honestly, they probably blew LA up just so it would stop bothering me that I couldn’t look directly out the window of that pub up top.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: DarkNighT.7319

DarkNighT.7319

The weird thing is that during the early beta stage first person camera worked and just like guild wars 1 holding shift while pressing print screen did hide the hud for the screenshot. as to why they got rid of both i will never understand.