[Suggestion] GW2 modding

[Suggestion] GW2 modding

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Title: GW2 Editor.

Proposal Overview

Create and put to public use a GW2 editor so the fans can create modds, however they need to send them to you guys so you aprove and insert them int the game.

Goal of Proposal

- Increase the GW2 experience in the follow categories:

• New skins (capes backpacks, engineer backpacks, etc)..
  • New in game items.
  • New Black Lion Company items
  • UI upgrades.
  • Fixing clipping, etc (asura and charr armor finally!, etc.).
  • New types of enemies.
  • New in game events for existing zones.
  • Scavenger hunts (including for precursors).
  • Redisgns (fractals, dungeons, world bosses,etc.).
  • New quests (lol im sure theres people that can reincorporate the entire LS1).
  • Graphics and sound upgrades.
  • Bugs fixing.
  • Housing, activities, guild halls.
  • Much more.

- Reduction of production cost and increase in development power: Yeah the players do it for free.

- Increase the loyalty of your player base, allowing them to proactively contribute to the game development.

- New customers: One of the points games like Skyrim are bought is because the mods add permant replayability. This kind of system will make more people want to play the game because of its potential.

- More gem store items would be created, that means more income to Anet.

Proposal Functionality

Creation of an editor that allow not only ingame but also UI changes, then allow it to be downloaded in the game page.

Then you add in yourwebsite a space for:

Put the mods overviews and members of the community voting for them, uploading of the mods generated by modders. Also a forum part that allow ask questions and put tutorials about the editor, check modders projects and allow the formation of modder teams.

The content its upgraded to Anet from the modders, then if the idea is good, an Anet team check the contain, editting it if its necesary and then send it to optimization. After all of this its shipped to us in an update.

Perphaps you can give some game store or other kind of bonus to the modders whose projects are selected.

Associated Risks: There can be forms to reduce them but still:

• Some unwanted elements could be hidden from the supervision team.
  • The supervision and optimization teams could not have enough resources to do their job well enough.

(edited by Lucius.2140)

[Suggestion] GW2 modding

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

As nice as this sounds, this idea will never be implemented. Maybe it’s some art work competition that you can submit (like in gw1) so they can have their artist make the piece. Other than that I don’t see a chance of this happening from the current policy.

[Suggestion] GW2 modding

Posted by: UndeadXandeR.3596

UndeadXandeR.3596

Three things.

1. Goes against Anet’s views on “Mods” (usually ends in a ban).
2. Would lead to many many more game breaking issues.
3. It’s not a single player game. In order to use any kind of mod it would have to be directly implemented into the game via a patch, and I seriously doubt many people would stay in the game if they had to download several GBs (if the several million who play the game made mods) of data every day.

[Suggestion] GW2 modding

Lucius.2140

Three things.

1. Goes against Anet’s views on “Mods” (usually ends in a ban).
2. Would lead to many many more game breaking issues.
3. It’s not a single player game. In order to use any kind of mod it would have to be directly implemented into the game via a patch, and I seriously doubt many people would stay in the game if they had to download several GBs (if the several million who play the game made mods) of data every day.

Would have been better if you readed my post but:

1 : Probably.
2: Thats why im describing a process for selecting, reviewing, checking and optimizating the mods.
3: Yes. thats why im describing them launching the content in a patch and it been launched when anet seems it convenient.. Plus as above: the content is selected so its not all what is put in a patch.

[Suggestion] GW2 modding

Posted by: ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

2: Thats why im describing a process for selecting, reviewing, checking and optimizating the mods.

Okay, we can’t even get ANet to properly review and optimize their own patches. How well do you think that’s going to work out for mods?

(Listen, I’m a fan of ANet, I like that they’re listening to us and reverted a lot of the more annoying changes from the 9/9 patch, but let’s be honest here, there are always some really big bugs with every single patch, and their QA could really be a lot better about finding them… even some of the really, really apparent bugs, like missing feet in the Inventory screen…)

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

[Suggestion] GW2 modding

Lucius.2140

Okay, we can’t even get ANet to properly review and optimize their own patches. How well do you think that’s going to work out for mods?

(Listen, I’m a fan of ANet, I like that they’re listening to us and reverted a lot of the more annoying changes from the 9/9 patch, but let’s be honest here, there are always some really big bugs with every single patch, and their QA could really be a lot better about finding them… even some of the really, really apparent bugs, like missing feet in the Inventory screen…)

Added it to risks, thanks.