[Suggestion] Jumping puzzle dungeons.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ulfberht.8519

Ulfberht.8519

Does anyone like the idea of jumping puzzle dungeons? Take the 100+ jumping puzzles in the game, make a portal that sends your party to the start of a random one, anywhere in the game world. At the end of the instance, plop down a random, but very angry boss, who drops normal dungeon loot. You also get dungeon marks on killing said boss. Fast, exciting, unpredictable, and very Guild wars styled.
What do you think?

Posted by: Nyrau.9823

Nyrau.9823

yes, yees, yeees!

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

“LF experienced MESMER only, reach the end to portal team or kick.” xD

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

Yes yes yes, I love the sound of that!

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Interesting to compare this to Super Adventure Box, which is a similar concept, but in new areas (instead of puzzles scattered over the existing world,) with a heavy application of 8-bit paint.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Solo jumping puzzles ok. Group jumping puzzles bad.

I lose my patience in jumping puzzles as it is. I will lose patience even more if I’m waiting for bad jumpers, but I don’t kick. Other people will kick. I will lose patience with myself if other people are waiting around while I’m being rubbish. If everyone can always do the puzzles then nobody is going to lose patience but then why make these puzzle dungeons if they’re going to be easy?

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Sounds cool, very SAB -esque, and although I sucked horribly at that I would have a go at it if it were introduced as permanent content.

Actually, I’d one up that idea and propose SAB content be altered slightly and added as a permanent dungeon. All the jumping puzzle fun, with tougher mobs (non-stackable though, for those guys) and tokens for armour and weapon skins. I think SAB themed armour is potentially pretty awesome (or, well, awful). It could be minimalistic with some of the pixelly ‘super’ effect. Maybe have some of the classic 8-bit heroes inspire the designs.

(edited by Jahroots.6791)

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

then WildStar is your game. It has tons of environments jumping puzzle dungeons/raid in WildStar!

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Doesn’t sound particularly interesting to me, but more power to you if you can generate sufficient interest to get ANet’s attention.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Just bring SAB back and make it permanent.