[Suggestion] Missing collection achievements

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I was disappointed, that the feature patch missed a lot of possible item collection.
A few things that come to my mind:
- Cultural weapon sets (Norn, Charr, Asura, Sylvari, Human, Lionarch, Ebonhawk)
- Fractal weapon set
- Primordus weapon set
- Pearl weapon set
- Cultural armor sets collection (I know there is the emperor achievement track, but it doesnt require complete sets)
- Karma armor sets such as the Armageddon set
- Other sets such as the tribal armor set you used to get from PvP
- Dream weapon set from aeterpath in twilight arbor
- Sovereign weapon set
- Random exotics which could make a set with some phantasy
- Tequatl weapons
- Dredge crafted weapon set
- Bandit crafted weapon set
- region based sets (eg Orr, Ceremonial, Legionaire, etched…)
- WvW tournament weapon seet
- Mist weapon set (Anomaly, Vision of the Mist,…)
- Order sets (Vigil, Order of Whispers, Durmand Priory)
- Pact weapon set
- SAB weapons (with next rerelease of it)
- Mystic weapon collection
- Dye collection (collect all 382 (?) standard dyes)
- Ascended ring collection
- Exotic trinket collections (there is no collection for items like Vallog’s Demise yet)

In this is probably only a small part of the items which are currently not part of a collection achievement. Please add them, the current selection of achievements feel to small. The rewards do not have to be anything special, I am happy with some achievement points.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I imagine they will be adding more collections over time. Probably just don’t want to overwhelm people with a hundred different collections right off the bat.

I certainly don’t agree with them adding collections for sets you can’t even get any more like the Tribal set, though. Those need to be re-added to the game before they’re made into collections.

Malediktus.9250

I dont think it would be much work to make a reward track for them in PvP. But we already have achievements for retired items. Sclerite and Wintersday 2012 weapons are only available via trading post nowadays. Not even for 7 tickets at the trader.

Malediktus.9250

added sets i forgot about

Posted by: ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

I imagine they will be adding more collections over time.

I really hope so, though nothing has been said about this at all.

I even bought all of the Pirate karma weapons because I was sure they’d be in a collection, but not so far.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Malediktus.9250

I even bought all of the Pirate karma weapons because I was sure they’d be in a collection, but not so far.

I dont think they need to say anything about it, when so many are missing.

Malediktus.9250

New sets added to the list

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Fractal set already in game. Probably bugged though.

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

I dont think they need to say anything about it, when so many are missing.

Well, it would be nice to have a confirmation one way or the other. Either, “We’re planning to add more collection sets in the future”, or “We won’t be adding any more collection sets because we feel the ones already added offer the most ideal balance between difficulty and reward”.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Malediktus.9250

Are you sure its ingame? The screenshot I saw looked faked. I got 7/19 fractal weapon skins and they dont seem to do anything.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Are you sure its ingame? The screenshot I saw looked faked. I got 7/19 fractal weapon skins and they dont seem to do anything.

Pretty sure. He posted a video too and I think Dulfy noted that it’s there but it’s bugged.

Malediktus.9250

Added more sets (how do I keep forgetting about some?)

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Really seems like there should be an ascended weapon achievement as well (requiring one of each weapon type, regardless of color)

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

(requiring one of each weapon type, regardless of color)

And how would that work?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Malediktus.9250

Collecting all the ascended craftable weapons would be a gigantic task. 133 weapons in total. 665 of each dragonite bar, empyreal star, bloodstone brick, dark matter required. Not to mention all the laurels and karma for the recipes.
I wont suggest such a collection, because Anet would fail to find a proper reward for such a mega task.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Before they add more collections, they should fix first all the bugged ones that got implemented with the patch and can’t be started at all until today, like the wine colelction ,the hero collection for using the champ bags of various sorts and the brewmaster collection for drinking the various sorts of beer in the game

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

And how would that work?

Conditional switches. “IF” statements. “IF” zojjas_claymore or wupwups_claymore or… (etc through whole stack), “THEN” accounts for “Ascended Two-Handed Sword” part of achievement.

It’s not hard at all. :P

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Malediktus.9250

And how would that work?

Conditional switches. “IF” statements. “IF” zojjas_claymore or wupwups_claymore or… (etc through whole stack), “THEN” accounts for “Ascended Two-Handed Sword” part of achievement.

Because that already worked for the ascended rings which can be infused or not :p

added new collections to the list

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

And how would that work?

Because that already worked for the ascended rings which can be infused or not :p

Huh?

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Malediktus.9250

The treasure hunter achievement requires you to have a specific ascended ring, but it doesnt count the infused version of it for some reason

Posted by: Asuaka.1528

Asuaka.1528

• Conjure Weapon Collection (Volcanus, Mjölnir, etc)
  • Guild Weapon Set (the commendations one)
  • Also, more Wardrobe Achievements… 1k skins was done the moment I entered HotM on patchday…
List of unavailable armor and weapon skins:
[Collection] Wardrobe/Skin Bugs & Anomalies

(edited by Asuaka.1528)

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

The treasure hunter achievement requires you to have a specific ascended ring, but it doesnt count the infused version of it for some reason

So, what you’re saying is that there is a bug.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Malediktus.9250

Not really, the achievements who dont require you to have a skin unlocked required specific items. Infused rings dont have the same item ID as non infused rings. I think its more like the lazy solution than a bug.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Here is what the Devs have said about future collections so far:

The Future

This is certainly not the last you will be seeing of Item Collections. We have many more in the works, some that stand alone and some that are deeply tied to the Living World. We are very excited for this new system and what it will bring to the game going forward. We had a lot of fun designing and building it, and we hope you have as much fun playing it. So get out there, explore the world, and find that last piece of loot!

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It does work for the old cultural armor achievements, so it is possible.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

I think the aetherpath weapons one is pointless. They go for 1k gold on the trading post, the path isn’t played much (tho this might make it more popular) and it’s 18 drops. What could they possibly give you to ever make all that work or money worthwhile?

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

some more^^

- drink 1x all alcoholic drinks ingame
- eat 1x all foods
- All ASC Amuletts, Earrings, Rings
- Finisher Collection
- Gathering Tools Collection (the normal from shop + gemshop)
- ASC Weaponchests, Armorchests

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

I think the aetherpath weapons one is pointless. They go for 1k gold on the trading post, the path isn’t played much (tho this might make it more popular) and it’s 18 drops. What could they possibly give you to ever make all that work or money worthwhile?

The whole point of doing the collections is just for the sake of doing the collections. The rewards are NOT worth doing them for ANY of the collectibles. They’re merely some minor token of completion.

If you’re doing the collections just for the rewards, you’re going to be very disappointed.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Malediktus.9250

some more^^

- drink 1x all alcoholic drinks ingame
- eat 1x all foods
- All ASC Amuletts, Earrings, Rings
- Finisher Collection
- Gathering Tools Collection (the normal from shop + gemshop)
- ASC Weaponchests, Armorchests

I could see why the first 3 suggestion could work, but the next 3 are pretty stupid because only gems involved and drop luck. I havent seen most of the asc chests and I play like 10h a day.

you are right, I run the path frequently and I only saw 2 of them ever drop so far, one for me (sadly before wardrobe when it was still worth 100 instead of 900g) and one for someone else.
The droprate would have to be adjusted or a token system added to the path.

Orpheal.8263

I could see why the first 3 suggestion could work, but the next 3 are pretty stupid because only gems involved and drop luck. I havent seen most of the asc chests and I play like 10h a day.

Do you still have a live?? :O

Considerign that you sleep 8hours, 10h gaming a day.. seriously???… 6hours left, definetely under job time nieveau, so if you play 10h daily seriously you either have no job, or you are just a school kid with too much free time :O

You know that theres still something else out there, than this game, or ? ^^ gg

Becka Williams.4978

The whole point of doing the collections is just for the sake of doing the collections. The rewards are NOT worth doing them for ANY of the collectibles. They’re merely some minor token of completion.

If you’re doing the collections just for the rewards, you’re going to be very disappointed.

If there’s no way to collect them outside of outrageous sums of gold, or incredibly low rng drop rate, what’s the point of having them? You might say “Well, what about the fractal collection” and I’d say “yeah, that’s just as dumb.”

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

If there’s no way to collect them outside of outrageous sums of gold, or incredibly low rng drop rate, what’s the point of having them? You might say “Well, what about the fractal collection” and I’d say “yeah, that’s just as dumb.”

Listen, if you don’t get the point of a collection, that’s fine. It wasn’t meant for you. But there are others that enjoy having it here, even if it will take a long time for them to fill out the collections.

It’s okay that the content wasn’t geared towards you. As everything else in this game, some people will like it, some people won’t.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Malediktus.9250

Do you still have a live?? :O

Considerign that you sleep 8hours, 10h gaming a day.. seriously???… 6hours left, definetely under job time nieveau, so if you play 10h daily seriously you either have no job, or you are just a school kid with too much free time :O

You know that theres still something else out there, than this game, or ? ^^ gg

8h sleep? Some people dont need that many hours of sleep you know.

Becka Williams.4978

Listen, if you don’t get the point of a collection, that’s fine. It wasn’t meant for you. But there are others that enjoy having it here, even if it will take a long time for them to fill out the collections.

It’s okay that the content wasn’t geared towards you. As everything else in this game, some people will like it, some people won’t.

I’m one of those people that would rather they spend time on collections that are more obtainable, and more fun (like a scavenger hunt) than just rubber stamp a “new” collection, which is really just some skins. I guess I don’t get “fun”.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

I can agree with adding a lot of these as a collection. I think that rather than feeling overwhelmed, having a larger amount of collections is actually a good thing because it will make people feel more like collections is its own, large system. At the moment, it feels a bit small – like something you can largely speed through on the side.

I want to feel overwhelmed by the sheer number of collections. It makes the prospect of completing them all that much more interesting.

That said, I do like the notion of a collection process of sorts (scavenger-hunt-ish like someone else said). A lot of items already get unlocked in your wardrobe, making the concept of unlocking them as part of a collection also feel a bit underwhelming.

Or words to that effect.

Malediktus.9250

Well collecting everything in your bank would be a bit much with so few bank and inventory space.

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Here is what the Devs have said about future collections so far:

The Future

This is certainly not the last you will be seeing of Item Collections. We have many more in the works, some that stand alone and some that are deeply tied to the Living World. We are very excited for this new system and what it will bring to the game going forward. We had a lot of fun designing and building it, and we hope you have as much fun playing it. So get out there, explore the world, and find that last piece of loot!

Well at least some people are having fun with the current (bugged) collections system, even if it is just the dev’s.

The rewards for crafting stuff, like ascended armour, is very much as belittling as the Fractal weapon or an Aetherpath weapon set would be. Far too much effort and outlay, far too little reward for work. Some may argue that the reward is in the doing of it, as it helps you through the game (ascended crafting, though I still can’t justify why everything is so expensive for a mere 5% stat boost, and only really good for Fractals), but others will argue that it’s just skins and there’s really no measurable reward worth all that time and effort of investment.

My bank is waiting rather patiently to be emptied of the recent bugged collection’s goods (champ bags, alcohol, etc.)

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Giotto.2607

Giotto.2607

oh i really demands mini collection

Orpheal.8263

This is senseless, because minis already have their own collection achievements …
before it gave any collection achievements at all.

Posted by: Gobhoblin.7582

Gobhoblin.7582

I think we all know more collections are coming, so you can rest easy on that one.

After all, it’s a cheap way of insisting we’ve had new ‘content’ – I was hoping for Elona or Cantha to open up, and of course, that mythical new playable race…or any amount of new and innovative content…

Instead? I can now collect spoons.

Velcro – what a rip off…

Posted by: Giotto.2607

Giotto.2607

This is senseless, because minis already have their own collection achievements …

i am not talking about the mini pack collection but the other minis. Our mini collectors keep buying minis from gem store and trying to get hard-to-get minis such as karka, lluma etc, I think it would be rewarded.

Malediktus.9250

i am not talking about the mini pack collection but the other minis. Our mini collectors keep buying minis from gem store and trying to get hard-to-get minis such as karka, lluma etc, I think it would be rewarded.

I am not sure if this a good idea, since most of the special minis are straight up bought with gems

Posted by: Impale.2503

Impale.2503

Legendary Collection that awards a nice title &/or a nice exclusive aura trinket/back item.

I would name my firstborn Aynet.

<3

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom – Guild Leader
The Rise – The Murder – The Gravity – The Ghostly

Orpheal.8263

Just a quick question, because I#m currently a bit confused about a comment that I’ve read just now somewhere else i nthe forums.

is there any confirmation about it, if those known bugged Collections, like the Hero Collection, that for Brewing and that for Wine are FIXED and functionate finally as intended, that you can unlock and progress with them?

If yes, it didn’t work for me with the hero one, that requiares to collect various Champion Bags, or does this one unlock only, once you start with a white quality champ bag????

Malediktus.9250

Just a quick question, because I#m currently a bit confused about a comment that I’ve read just now somewhere else i nthe forums.

is there any confirmation about it, if those known bugged Collections, like the Hero Collection, that for Brewing and that for Wine are FIXED and functionate finally as intended, that you can unlock and progress with them?

If yes, it didn’t work for me with the hero one, that requiares to collect various Champion Bags, or does this one unlock only, once you start with a white quality champ bag????

Not working for me, I think Anet wants to save them for a future patch to make it look bigger.

Malediktus.9250

Bandit collection was added in the recent living story patch – still many collections to go.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

There’s a lot of potential fascinating collections out there that aren’t just collections of weapon or armor skins.

Collections that require the character to travel the world, use items, do mini-dungeons and see stuff that they had previously missed.

I suggest

• the Keys collection – use a variety of keys and lockpicks, including everything from sand chests to Oola’s Lab.
  • Meaningful Mini collections – collect all moas! Collect all of Destiny’s Edge minis! Collect all Hylek/Centaurs/watchwork etc. minis!

So far I found the jars/steaks/etc vastly more interesting than the armor collections.