[Suggestion] Mounts in GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DanseMacabre.9506

DanseMacabre.9506

I think we should have mounts in guild wars because they would be fun and beneficial.. The new expansion should come with a Mount Riding Mastery. i think a lot of people would enjoy this feature as well as a great way for Arena net to make more money by selling mounts.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

I dont remember the name of the thread, there’s also a reddit link, apparently someone found some info on the expansion. One thing was a mastery trait line that allows you to mount raptors either solo or with friends. Make of that what you want.

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

One thing was a mastery trait line that allows you to mount raptors either solo or with friends. Make of that what you want.

Now I want a flock of pocket raptors harnessed to a chariot to pull me around Tyria. o.O

~EW

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

A pocket raptor strapped to the bottom of each boot, like a pair of skates….

And an asura on a string at the end of a stick to entice the raptors to run faster.

Posted by: DanseMacabre.9506

DanseMacabre.9506

Mounts would just be the best

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

We can’t have mounts because people keep beating the horses to death.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I dont remember the name of the thread, there’s also a reddit link, apparently someone found some info on the expansion. One thing was a mastery trait line that allows you to mount raptors either solo or with friends. Make of that what you want.

That’s a rumor thread.

This is how rumors suddenly become fact.

Edit: I see the thread here is gone. If one is interested in the rumors, I would imagine the thread(s) are still up on Reddit.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I can post it, but before I do I want to check: would it be against forum conduct to do so? I don’t want to be infringed or anything like that for “spreading rumors.”

NSPride <3

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

This again?
Ok. Summary:
1- Some people like mounts. Some people don’t. Arguments come and go always the same.
2- Mounts could be a great cosmetic addition to the gemstore, say someone. They will contibute to the visual clutter that already drowns the game, answer someone.
3- Mounts couldn’t have speed boosts because that would destroy the balance in the exploration part of the game, explains someone. People who plays only combat oriented despises this reasoning and use recursive arguments to say mounts with boost being non-combat only should be ok.
4-Mounts could look so cool, says one. They will stress up the servers, accuses another. Technical discussion about processing resources, graphic properties and toggles ensues. Not conclusive.
5- Someone mention cosmetic mounts already exist, in the form of travel toys like the flying carpet. Mount fans don’t like that solution and recognize they want speed boosts anyway.
6- People began to post lush examples from other games. WOW fans shine. WOW fans are encouraged to go back to play that.
7- Someone says Anet already said they never allow mounts. Someone says Anet never said that. No sources are given on any of these claims.
8- Back to 1 a few times.
9- Topic get merged with the big one.
10- Lots of dead horse beating gifs and images.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

(edited by Ardid.7203)

CMM.6712

This again?
Ok. Summary:
1- Some people like mounts. Some people don’t. Arguments come and go always the same.
2- Mounts could be a great cosmetic addition to the gemstore, say someone. They will contibute to the visual clutter that already drowns the game, answer someone.
3- Mounts couldn’t have speed boosts because that would destroy the balance in the exploration part of the game, explains someone. People who plays only combat oriented despises this reasoning and use recursive arguments to say mounts with boost being non-combat only should be ok.
4-Mounts could look so cool, says one. They will stress up the servers, accuses another. Technical discussion about processing resources, graphic properties and toggles ensues. Not conclusive.
5- Someone mention cosmetic mounts already exist, in the form of travel toys like the flying carpet. Mount fans don’t like that solution and recognize they want speed boosts anyway.
6- People began to post lush examples from other games. WOW fans shine. WOW fans are encouraged to go back to play that.
7- Someone says Anet already said they never allow mounts. Someone says Anet never said that. No sources are given on any of these claims.

This should be force-stickied to the first post of every future mount post from here on out.

Posted by: lokh.2695

lokh.2695

This again?
Ok. Summary:

this.

also, points to sig

+ : Keyrings, Underwater-Combat, Build Templates
- : Mounts, ViP-Player systems, HoT-like Xpacs
Have a nice day.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

This again?
Ok. Summary:

Rather complete summary, but it misses the “zomg mounted combat would be so cool” that eventually shows up.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

This again?
Ok. Summary:

Yep, sounds about right. Thanks!

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

They can’t keep minis active on the screen now. Mounts would only make this problem worse.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I can post it, but before I do I want to check: would it be against forum conduct to do so? I don’t want to be infringed or anything like that for “spreading rumors.”

It is against forum conduct and i includes discussing datamined content (something I’ve been caught out for forgetting myself).

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

If mounts are going to introduced , I want a Segway.

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

He-hey! it’s one of these threads again! long time no see

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

I really hope Anet doesn’t waste valuable development time making mounts.

SBI

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Im pretty sure with ArenaNet theres only one thing that is important:

Nothing is off the table.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

It is against forum conduct and i includes discussing datamined content (something I’ve been caught out for forgetting myself).

Dang…well, thanks for letting me know. I guess these silly gooses will just have to find it themselves.

NSPride <3

Posted by: funky fat thighs.1267

funky fat thighs.1267

Not sure what possible use anyone would get out of mounts when there are waypoints everywhere. Also mounted combat, while an awesome idea would never happen sadly

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

We can’t have mounts because people keep beating the horses to death.

We can upgrade to the Charr Car version.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Just add a toy mount (like we have already) no bonus speed no anything, just the toy. Personally I’d love some sort of skeletal steed for halloween.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

CMM.6712

Just add a toy mount (like we have already) no bonus speed no anything, just the toy. Personally I’d love some sort of skeletal steed for halloween.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Necrid_Horseman or https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Skeletal_Hound

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Mounts are a wonderful idea! Forum Mods need to sticky this so Devs can see how much love we have for riding animals. Heck, I would love if we could mount other players. That way one player controls the direction, and the other player controls the combat.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Inculpatus cedo.9234

As for the Devs never saying there would be no mounts, they actually did, before release.

http://guildwars2.cz/otazky-odpovedi-pro-guildwars2-cz/2/ (link from GW2 Wiki FAQ)

As far as I know, the Devs haven’t stated anything about reversing this stance.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

As for the Devs never saying there would be no mounts, they actually did, before release.

http://guildwars2.cz/otazky-odpovedi-pro-guildwars2-cz/2/ (link from GW2 Wiki FAQ)

That’s sad to hear.

Does riding other players still count as a “mount”? I really like the idea of teamwork fighting, with different players controlling different aspects of a fight. Plus you could add racial bonuses. Mounting a charr would give you a speed bonus, and mounting a norn’s shoulders would give you reach and power bonus. Something like that.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I think player-mounts highly unlikely. /smh

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

They can’t keep minis active on the screen now. Mounts would only make this problem worse.

That just got fixed.

Posted by: cyberzombie.7348

cyberzombie.7348

Like I mentioned on other post among the subject. If functional mounts were to happen, they need to be Bugattis and Ferraris.

What good is a medic w/o a patient?

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

“there will be no other methods of long distance travel such as mounts, ships, etc in Guild Wars 2 upon initial release.

By specifying, “upon initial release,” they have not established a stance for anything but how the game will launch and so have no stance to reverse regarding the possibility of adding mounts post launch.

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

if the supposedly leak is any true they are planning to have mounts in gw2 in the next expansion.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

Posted by: IcyTear.6378

IcyTear.6378

Yes , i love mounts . Imagine if you could ride an elephant to the WvW battle . The enemy should respect you a bit . J/K
I think mounts is a good ideal , no speed increase , disappear when player attack mobs or someones ( WvW ) . I would pay 1000 gem for a Lion to ride it on the WvW battle field .

(edited by IcyTear.6378)

CMM.6712

Then imagine the lag/fps drop when 2 whole zergs of mounted wvw’ers clash!!!

No thanks!!!

IcyTear.6378

Then imagine the lag/fps drop when 2 whole zergs of mounted wvw’ers clash!!!

No thanks!!!

Lag/fps drop , that’s dev jobs , ask them ! For me i just want something new in this game . Beside , it’s good for Anet , they can sell more Gem .

Posted by: Krinstin.6287

Krinstin.6287

Please no. It would break the game.
Gliders are fun enough.. This would be just ugh.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

And yet, here we are, 4 years later….and no mounts.

Even if the rumors were/are true, it’s not the kind of mounts players usually think of, as far as I can tell. Something more like Junundu or Aspects.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

I would say: we have mounts in GW2, just that they are called glider and toy (Riding_Broom, Magic_Carpet, …) and not mount.

So to all that want a mount: Riding_Brooms are cheap in the TP currently, go on and get one.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

IcyTear.6378

Please no. It would break the game.
Gliders are fun enough.. This would be just ugh.

It’s not enough , people alway want something new and a lot of people like mount and how can it break our game ? Does it increase base stat , movement speed or give you a buff ?
Seriously i thing mount is just like a ranger pet , a big minion , a special costume you buy in gem store , nothing more .

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t see your point, we have mounts in GW2, just that they are called glider and toy (Riding_Broom, …) and not mount.

So if you want a mount: Riding_Broom are cheap in the TP currently, go on and get one.

I don’t think you will find, anywhere, any posts of mine in favor of mounts. (Easy enough to check my history.) Thus, I’m not sure what your point is.

Regardless, I’ve not heard Gliders referred to as mounts before, ever. Interesting take on it.

Dayra.7405

What’s a mount? Anything that changes your default walking animation, or not?

So sitting on a Riding_Broom or Magic_Carpet is mounting them.

Sometimes mounts extend your capapilities. A glider does excatly that, so mount your glider.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

As I stated, interesting take on Gliders. Of course, one does not sit on a Glider; rather the Glider sits on us. Maybe we are the mounts! =P

Perhaps, then, you will convince all those asking for mounts that they already have what they asked for (as long as they have upgraded to HoT, of course).

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

there have been rumors about mounts in the new expantion..
So we might finally get some mounts, but they dont work like WoW mounts:

Here you go:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/53d21c/what_might_come_in_expansion_2/

Allot of this stuff was true and is now in the game already.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Although all the “leaks&rumors” part on this thread IS new, I would like to add something more traditional to the discussion:

Attachments:

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Sarnax.8357

Sarnax.8357

Mounts? YES. YES. and YES. We already have them in the form of a carpet and broom. Why not keep that functionality but add cool mounts!?!?!

It is literally the only thing I dislike about this game is the fact we don’t have mounts.

Dayra.7405

Mounts? YES. YES. and YES. We already have them in the form of a carpet and broom. Why not keep that functionality but add cool mounts!?!?!

It is literally the only thing I dislike about this game is the fact we don’t have mounts.

Come and play WvW, we mostly have some Golems for people that want cool mounts at spawn

And: I am against the abuse of animals as mounts.

Posted by: Miss Lana Too.5794

Miss Lana Too.5794

Want speed? Swifty. Every profession has a 25% passive except guardian, who is easy to keep up perma swifty on.

Want to jump somewhere? Waypoints, or teleport to friend. Hell, you can even run through cities without touching a foe to get from one end of the world to the other.

Personally I’m over the mount suggestions. It’s been 4 years and we have the cosmetic mounts. If mounts as a “speedy” alternative were to be added, they would have been added a while back. Maybe in the next expac we’ll see some, who knows.

This topic has been done to death. Move on.

45 characters, 20 level 80s, 11 impersonal story completions and counting.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Well, this hasn’t been merged with the main mount thread, which they usually are and quite quickly when they appear. So I would hazard a guess that Anet is thinking about caving in and implementing mounts.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Well, this hasn’t been merged with the main mount thread, which they usually are and quite quickly when they appear. So I would hazard a guess that Anet is thinking about caving in and implementing mounts.

Or maybe the merged thread got too full. That horsebox must be so heavy with all the dead horses’ shoes in there!

Blood & Merlot [Wine]