[Suggestion] Mounts?

[Suggestion] Mounts?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TChalla.7146

TChalla.7146

For those of you that want mounts, you do realize that there are two races in the game that make having mounts rather ridiculous, right?

Can you imagine the size of the horse that a Norn would have to ride? And can you then imagine how irritating it would be to have one standing in front of you on screen? Ugh.

Then, there is the Charr. I can’t even imagine what a Charr would like like on a mount.

So… no. I do not want to see mounts in game.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

I haven’t yet seen many threads about Mounts,

There were loads of threads about mounts,They all get deleted by Anet personally..For one simple reason,Mounts will not be coming to gw2,they have no place in this game,period.

Are you an Anet rep? There seems to be a lot of presumption and opinion in this statement.

By the way, as someone already pointed out….there is already one mount+ several forms of pseudo mounts in the game.

1. The broom as an actual riding device.
2. Golems.
3. Siege devourers in Eotm.
4. Tonic transformations.

1’s only difference from other games is that it gives no speed enhancement.
2-4 with a tweak here and there could/would be no different than mounts in any other game.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

No mounts – lease stop posting this. There are plenty of games with mounts, go play one of them if you want mounts so badly.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

No Thanks

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Kiayin.3427

Kiayin.3427

I love mounts – pretty much the same way I love minis. They’re fun to collect and to stare at. Humans could ride oxes, asura could ride golems, sylvari could ride young treants, norns could ride doliaks and charr could ride steam vehicles. I doubt public villainous organizations such as the Nightmare Court or some of the bandit gangs are allowed to use the Public Waypoint System after all, and they can’t be going everywhere on foot. :v

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Then, there is the Charr. I can’t even imagine what a Charr would like like on a mount.

They could have a tank/heavy mech vehicle, we have already seen pictures of them in GW2.

One of the living story characters already has a ‘mount’, a mech golem and WvW also has mounts ie siege golems.

Just think its a matter of time before we get mounts, no matter what the, ‘forum negative naysayers’ say.

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: MAD CAT.9321

MAD CAT.9321

As long as there are waypoints there will never be mounts, close the thread please.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Dusty Moon.4382

ANet is still a company, that needs to make money and the history of the Gemstore has already proven, that they are willing to add in there alot of cosmetical things….

Mount Skins would be nothing different, just different Skins for your Mount ingame.
I#ve never said a would about it, that Anet should sell the Feature of having Mounts itself should be sold in the gemstore :P

NAH – it would be lore breaking and unimmersive.

Mounts are just another whine to make this game like all the others out there, like people wanting the Trinity in the game.

This are just your words now…
Who says that ANet’s mounts must end up like all the other Mounts in other Games??

However, that comment just shows me, how much trust people which share this opinion have in Anet…

None.

No – we have so many way points in this game so mounts are not useful, just another waste of gold and game resources. People already complain when the game slows down when there is a huge battle going on. Adding in mounts will complicate those even more.

No thank you. I trust A.Net, not other players.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Dusty Moon.4382

We’re going to see mount threads until they are implemented, if the ever are.

Mounts are fundamental to human history and fantasy lore. Imagine a fantasy game with every kind of weapon but swords. Do you expect there would ever be an end to “Can we have some swords added to the game?” threads?

Look at LOTRO. Your typical fantasy wizard has no place in the lore of Middle Earth, but they new somethings are so deeply ingrained that they would need to give mage players something at least remotely familiar, so they stretched the lore to inlcude Lore Masters and Rune Keepers so that people can fling fireballs if they really need to.

I’m not arguing for or against mounts here. I’m just saying that trying to shut down players desires for mounts in GW2 is blowing against the wind. Especially when the “but waypoints!” and “they don’t fit in Tyria lore” arguments have some pretty significant holes.

We will be seeing these threads until there are mounts in game or ArenaNet shuts down the servers.

Mounts are not part of the LORE in this fantasy. You can spout about all the other games that have mounts. The LORE OF THIS GAME is, way points were put in to FREE animals from bondage. No Mounts.

The Charr have produced vehicles for war not for common travel. The same for the Asura. They produce Golems to do all the heavy work and lifting as well as war. Neither are used for common travel – that is why the Asura made the gate system.

(edited by Dusty Moon.4382)

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

“Mounts are not part of the LORE in this fantasy. You can spout about all the other games that have mounts. The LORE OF THIS GAME is, way points were put in to FREE animals from bondage. No Mounts.”

Just say you don’t like mounts but not these strange excuses because in fact way-points don’t fit in the lore and mounts do. As you might have seen there are even horse carriages in the game and GW1 had mounts.

I would like to see mounts but Anet so desperately wants to be different from others (even if that for elements means worse then all the other) that I don’t think we will see them any time soon and if we will get them and they are still using the cash-shop (in stead of expansions) to generate money they will be more likely implemented in a very lame boring way… mainly available in the cash-shop like many of the mini’s now.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

Btw why is that selected as answer? That is Anets answer? Because many people for sure want them and well we don’t need legendary weapons and have those so thats also a lame answer.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Dusty Moon.4382

“Mounts are not part of the LORE in this fantasy. You can spout about all the other games that have mounts. The LORE OF THIS GAME is, way points were put in to FREE animals from bondage. No Mounts.”

Just say you don’t like mounts but not these strange excuses because in fact way-points don’t fit in the lore and mounts do. As you might have seen there are even horse carriages in the game and GW1 had mounts.

I would like to see mounts but Anet so desperately wants to be different from others (even if that for elements means worse then all the other) that I don’t think we will see them any time soon and if we will get them and they are still using the cash-shop (in stead of expansions) to generate money they will be more likely implemented in a very lame boring way… mainly available in the cash-shop like many of the mini’s now.

There will not be mounts in this game – A.Net said that earlier. You can wish all you want but a majority of players don’t want them. What is so hard to understand about that?

There are many other games with mounts – go play them.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Dusty Moon.4382

GW1 DID NOT HAVE PLAYER MOUNTS. Undead and dwarves are MOBS not players please understand that. Even the main NPC’s of the story did not have mounts – they used Dolyaks to move carts and as beasts of burden – NO MOUNTS.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

WE dont need mounts , if you want one , wrong game………..Bye

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

No mounts – lease stop posting this. There are plenty of games with mounts, go play one of them if you want mounts so badly.

Quoted for Truth

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: albus.4273

albus.4273

Traditionally, games that have mounts, require you to walk great distances, that require you to spend/waste time traveling those distances. Those said games then "offer" mounts with increased traveling speed--at a price--to "help" circumvent the time spent traveling. I personally hate wasting time walking places. Waypoints provide a means to travel quickly--it has a price, but that price isn’t enough to make or break its use--I’d much rather spend less than a minute to traverse any distance in GW2. Then pay out of pocket to traverse average distances in 15 minutes or more in other games.
Since waypoints are more efficient and cost effective, mounts in GW2 would there be a "cosmetic" item. Thus, the currently available in-game items: broomstick and drill can be considered mounts.

So sorry you can’t show off your Eternity while riding a gold-plated falcon while playing the Star Wars theme on a flute. >_>

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I’ll do just that!

Now, which new NCSoft game has mounts?

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Nerelith.7360

They could have a tank/heavy mech vehicle, we have already seen pictures of them in GW2.

One of the living story characters already has a ‘mount’, a mech golem and WvW also has mounts ie siege golems.

Just think its a matter of time before we get mounts, no matter what the, ‘forum negative naysayers’ say.

1. Keep dreaming.
2. Don’t hold your breath.

because…

3. the playerbase as a whole does Not want, need, or like mounts.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: nibblesalil.3561

nibblesalil.3561

your in the wrong game go back to rift ESO or what ever one you want

we do not need mounts

your in the wrong game

if life is a cabaret old chum ………lets caberet

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Ryoki Hokishami.2756

Ryoki Hokishami.2756

I’d actually be fine with mounts. You’d be lying if you say you didn’t enjoy them a little if you played WoW or the like.

The problem is they’re pretty redundant with waypoints.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I’d actually be fine with mounts. You’d be lying if you say you didn’t enjoy them a little if you played WoW or the like.

Nope not lying I never enjoyed them. I think they look silly and create more screen clutter. From a visual standpoint I don’t like them. My opinion.

The Burninator

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Nerelith.7360

Mounts are very common In games where you need a way to traverse large distances. Unfortunately, they are usually held as … " Player progression rewards."

You need to be above a certain level to get specific speed boost mounts….

they are also used as “Bling”

a way for One player to feel better about himself, and to show off before others.." I got this mount because I am special."

the thing is…with way points we do Not need them.
and the last thing this game needs is to clutter up the screen, and add to lag , because a small minority of players want some Bling.

There are many games that have what you guys want… go Play one of them, but… Gw2 is fine as it is. If the lack of Moveable… speed boosting bling is stopping you from enjoying gw2… well, I hope there are other things here that you enjoy.

if there isn’t…. as I said. There are plenty of games that have what you want.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Dusty Moon.4382

I played Wow and hated mounts….

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Nerelith.7360

Ditto. Mounts were not something you Bought because you liked or wanted them. in WoW you had to have them. If you were level 80… and wanted to be involved in any guild related activities, if you lacked a flying mount, people will not wait for you….even though there was a Public flying transport system…you still had to get from the drop off, to your destination..Pull out the flying Mount get there fast… say " Oh I do not Like Mounts so i’ll walk…." * get dropped from guild group*"… hello????"

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

While I’m not against mounts per se, I do have two considerations.

1. There are myriad features I’d prefer to see before mounts get worked on.
  2. I’d want the mounts to be lore-based — and there’s virtually no animal or other thing in the game I’d want to ride.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Dusty Moon.4382

Ditto. Mounts were not something you Bought because you liked or wanted them. in WoW you had to have them. If you were level 80… and wanted to be involved in any guild related activities, if you lacked a flying mount, people will not wait for you….even though there was a Public flying transport system…you still had to get from the drop off, to your destination..Pull out the flying Mount get there fast… say " Oh I do not Like Mounts so i’ll walk…." * get dropped from guild group*"… hello????"

No – mounts are something you used because lore and the game permitted them.

I never made it past 40 in WoW because it was just plain boring. If a guild dropped me because of that, the guild was not worth being in – plain and simple.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Dusty Moon.4382

I’ll do just that!

Now, which new NCSoft game has mounts?

Well – this is an A.net game, not NCSoft (that is the parent company – if you don’t know the difference, look it up). Might I suggest Wildstar or Lineage 2.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: minbariguy.7504

minbariguy.7504

I don’t understand all the fascination with waypoints. In a game that goes out of it’s way to supposedly encourage world exploration, waypoints specifically push people to actually avoid exploring.

Have a destination in mind? Want to tour the countryside, explore, and enjoy the scenery on the way there? Naaaaaaaaah, just open the map and hit the instant teleport button. Poof! You’re there, or at least nearly so.

Yeah, that’s really exploring the world.

Mounts allow you to actually explore a game world at a useful speed, getting you to your destination quickly, but without sacrificing the fun of traveling the world.

There is really no reason the game can’t have both.

(edited by minbariguy.7504)

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Lightlord.4752

Lightlord.4752

kittens. I guess I dont get to ride that heeelooocoopter from the Arah dungeon story. I really wanted my Charr to equip it with mini guns and rocket launchers and mine dispersal pods,with a Charzooka main gun.

Then I could lower the tailgate and have my squad of Apr fools commandos disperse and secure the LZ. With AH64 Apaches overhead providing fire support. It would really be cool if I could super size my thief Shadow Refuge and make it a stealth chopper. ^^

Ok , one can dream :P

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

That was like the WORST part of guild wars 1. It isn’t making the Mount Argument any more valid.

Mounts are redundant. We got waypoints, even if one is contested I am sure you can/will find one open near it.

As for a better reason? We have enough broken issues with this game that need fixed. Anet doesn’t need to waste time on a useless feature like mounts. We have necoed this Horse beat it to death, necroed it and beat it to death again.

Just let the poor mount die, it will thank you later

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Dusty Moon.4382

That is NOT A MOUNT – you become the wurm to survive – Totally different. Go ahead walk in that area and see if you can survive….

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

You can get around extremely easy on GW2.
For the people saying they wouldn’t mind if it was just cosmetic with no added speed, you’d honestly only use those for the first week if you consider a typical mounting (as in getting in the mount) animation on an MMO takes 1~2 secs.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: tweeve.3782

tweeve.3782

we do have a mount in GW2, it is the witches broom. There is your mount now enough of this mount non since.

There are mounts in other MMO’s because they need them for faster travel, even if the other MMO has instant travel, normally it is on some type of cool down or there are not as many way points as GW2.

Guild Wars 2 provides you with more than enough way points and no cool down between instant travel, that there is no reason that you need a mount to get around.

If you want to look different while you run around go buy an endless tonic of some sort or another.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I want a Charr battle bike SO kitten much! But it won’t happen

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

The forum’s search is unreliable.

You should use google with the “site:” parameter, instead the forum’s search.

Then you’ll see the sheer amount of times something as pointless within the guild wars mechanics as mountas has been suggested .

My opinion about it has not changed:
There’s already mounts, and any new mounts added should be the same: Within a map and a context, changing your skills. Like the siege golems or the mecha siege devourer.

Charrcopters in an event, tanks in another event, flying ships in another… those would be fine.

But going around with an owned mount? For moving around you have waypoints. To showoff you have gear.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

there is simply no point in having a mount, besides waypoints being used the majority of players have certain skills that let the player move way faster than a mount ever could.

would i want a mount? ~ only if it’s a cow or a quaggan

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I don’t understand why so many people in the community seem to have zero imagination, vision or creativity.

Oh, i agree. Mounts are so cliche… can’t we ask for something new and creative instead?

None of you have provided a reasonable basis for them to not be on the game.

It’s not like people asking for mounts supply any reasonable reasons for their inclusion.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

Ahhhh not this again…

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

No to mounts. PLEASE, close this thread or merge with the 20+ other threads on this lame request. Thank you.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Look at this thread’s URL. See the “Mounts-in-Gw2-1”. It’s -1 because there was already a thread called “Mounts in Gw2”.

That should be a clue.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

There is already mounts in both GW1 and GW2.

You don’t get to keep them.
Your character won’t appear riding them.
They change your skills.

GW1’s examples of mounts are the Junundu and the Siege devourer.
GW2’s examples of mounts are siege golems and mecha siege devourers.

That’s he form mounts have taken in GW, and there’s no need for any other form. There’s other means to show off prestige items, and there’s way better means for travel.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

there is simply no point in having a mount, besides waypoints being used the majority of players have certain skills that let the player move way faster than a mount ever could.

would i want a mount? ~ only if it’s a cow or a quaggan

There isn’t any point in collecting Legendaries, Minis, costumes, tonics, toys, achievements. They don’t give you any more power.

They are there for cosmetic purposes just like Mounts. This game doesn’t need to add speed boosts for mounts.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Arrion.2185

Arrion.2185

Let me put this very simply for you. Waypoints completely, and UTTERLY obliterate the need for mounts to travel in this game. And if speed is such an issue, then use speed boosting skills, place your traits so that said skills are better, or last longer. This game does NOT need another gold sink, when gold is hard enough to gain already.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

runeblade.7514

Let me put this very simply for you. Waypoints completely, and UTTERLY obliterate the need for mounts to travel in this game. And if speed is such an issue, then use speed boosting skills, place your traits so that said skills are better, or last longer. This game does NOT need another gold sink, when gold is hard enough to gain already.

Not really. I want mounts because I want to ride things. Waypoints doesn’t let me ride things.

You are wrong that the game does not need gold sink.

• Inflation is getting out of control.
  • I can make 60g a day and people out there make more than me.
  • Repair cost is getting removed even though it is very important gold sink.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Arrion.2185

Arrion.2185

I said it doesn’t Did you miss me saying “not” in all caps?

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

The amount of ignorance in this thread is astounding.

1. Mounts are stupid- Firstly, stupidity is a lack of intelligence, if anything is stupid (not to mention childish) it is screaming you do or do not want something to be implemented with no reason other than ’it’s stupid’.

2. Mounts are always done poorly – You can’t say whether ANet would do an excellent or poor job until you know how they would do it, which no one does. There are very few things GW2 has done the same as any other MMO, so there’s pretty much no chance they would do mounts the same as what other MMOs have caused you to expect.

3. Mounts are unnecessary because of WPs – Fair enough, but when it comes down to it, it’s a game and none of it is necessary. Someone who only cares about necessity and efficiency wouldn’t be playing a game in the first place. Nonetheless, I can see the point because it would be a large use of Anets time and resources, and if not enough players want it then it would be a waste of those resources. As for whether or not the majority of players do or do not want it, nobody can say, and anybody who says the forums are an accurate measure is completely ignorant of how polling works.

4. ANet has stated they will never add mounts – No, they have not, ever. They have stated they will never add flying mounts because it would ruin the games sense of scale, and that they are no current plans for ground mounts. However that was over a year ago now.

To tell the truth I’ve never obtained anything beyond the starter mount in any MMO I’ve played, so I don’t particularly care one way or the other on this debate. But if one thing were to persuade me to one side or the other, it would be the childish conduct of the people that unreasonably oppose the idea like blind zealots in every single thread where the suggestion is even mentioned.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

[Suggestion] Mounts?

runeblade.7514

I said it doesn’t Did you miss me saying “not” in all caps?

Did you miss the part where I said you were wrong?

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

they should introduce mounts only if:

1- swiftness removed from 33% to 15% speed increase
2- permanent speed increase like runes, signets and warrior melee speed trait removed.
3- they remove all waypoints except major settlements ( 1 – 2 waypoints in a zone)
4- either the maps will be seamless, or zoning from zone to zone will not dismount you.

since nothing of the above will happen, mounts will not happen…

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

New gem store item: A Mount!

Price: 5000 gems

Once you activate your mount for the first time on any of your characters, you will be logged out, your game will uninstall and your account deleted.

I would be cool with that.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.