Suggestion: Removal of Food and Nourishment.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

They’re tedious to manage and give an advantage to people who are willing to put up with that. They should be removed, or be something you unlock and can access from your inventory freely once you’ve discovered it.

So because you’re to lazy to use them, everyone else should be punished.

’Gotcha.

Yes, because you shouldn’t reward tedium with power. Do you not agree? If you don’t, where do you draw the line? Like, would it be cool if waypointing to all the cities gave you +1000 power for the day?

Terrible hypothetical analogy.

Let me ask you some real questions:

Do you ever open your inventory and use salvage kits?

Do you ever open your inventory and ‘deposit collectibles’?

Do you ever open your inventory and swap weapons or armour or trinkets?

Do you ever open your inventory and use items like transformation tonics/kite/balloon or mini pets?

If you answered yes to any of those questions (which you did), then your argument is illogical and flawed.

You can use food, you choose not to, not because its ‘tedious’ but because you’re lazy or simply don’t want to.

Being “cheap” isn’t even an option, because some food costs 5c each.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

(edited by thaooo.5320)

Posted by: Zalyn.9534

Zalyn.9534

I maxed out Chef as my first completed profession. I don’t give a flying cat about the stats of food. I thought it was fun discovering recepies(without looking them up), and making food for guildmates and nice people I could feed.

That accounted for 70% of my gameplay. It was geared to sustain my cooking. That’s the only reason I traveled as much. To get ingredients.

kitten was fun.

Right there with you. I envision my main as a fearsome soldier who likes nothing more than to put on a chef’kitten and grill up exotic ingredients they’ve traveled to the four corners of the world to find. I also enjoy gathering herbs and thwacking anything that tries to distract me from it. I had to look up some recipes when I hit a block with raw ingredients; I hadn’t realized that you could use components recursively, but I still try to discover on my own where possible.

Posted by: aliksyian.7642

aliksyian.7642

They’re tedious to manage and give an advantage to people who are willing to put up with that. They should be removed, or be something you unlock and can access from your inventory freely once you’ve discovered it.

’Gotcha.

Yes, because you shouldn’t reward tedium with power. Do you not agree? If you don’t, where do you draw the line? Like, would it be cool if waypointing to all the cities gave you +1000 power for the day?

Do you ever open your inventory and use items like transformation tonics/kite/balloon or mini pets?

If you answered yes to any of those questions (which you did), then your argument is illogical and flawed.

You can use food, you choose not to, not because its ‘tedious’ but because you’re lazy or simply don’t want to.

This is the stupidest thing I’ve read all day. You should be embarrassed by yourself. Do you really not see the difference between inventory management and getting consumables that increase your stats? What are your examples trying to prove? And please don’t throw out words like “illogical” as if that makes you fancy. If you’re not going to actually make an argument, you just look like you’re trying too hard.

And you didn’t answer either of my questions.

It’s people like you that make it impossible for anet to have a reasonable conversation with its fans and customers.

Hide user’s posts on forum with chrome tampermonkey script: http://pastebin.com/aaUQr3pm

Posted by: Omar Aschi Popp.7496

Omar Aschi Popp.7496

’Gotcha.

Are you telling me you don’t walk to the bank to deposit collectibles?
I use the hero panel for all outfitting.

Weird that way.

List of people whose posts speak on my behalf:
Lunar Sunset.8742
Rogue.7856

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

This quote is the only mature thing in your post, hence I will respond to it:

What are your examples trying to prove?

You used the words ‘tedium’ and ‘tedious’ to describe the usage of food. I used salvage kits, depositing collectible, swapping gear, and using toys, as a direct comparison. They are on the same level of ‘tedious’ as food, aka not tedious at all.

-snip/combine-

Yes, because you shouldn’t reward tedium with power.

You then went on to say that this ‘tedious’ usage of food gives an advantage to players who are willing to go through the ‘tedium’ of using it.

You said this tedious advantage should be removed.

Players are allowed to carry extra sets of gear with them, to change stats as they please. Some people use this to their advantage, while others cannot be bothered to deal with the ‘tedium’.

Shall we remove the ability to carry multiple sets of gear, because some use it to their advantage while others do not use it? After all, it is just as tedious as using food, and it gives an advantage.

-this next part is not serious-

But where do we draw the line?

Combo Fields are tedious to use, some players use them to their advantage, others do not want to deal with the tedium. Should we remove combo fields?

Elementalists and Engineers have specific skill chain combos that work to great effect, but they are tedious to pull off (swapping attunements or kits), some players use this to their advantage, others do not want to go through the tedium. Should we remove Elementalists and Engineers?

(You now know why I didn’t respond to your question before.)

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

(edited by thaooo.5320)

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

(…)

Shall we remove the ability to carry multiple sets of gear, because some use it to their advantage while others do not use it?
(…)

What do you mean? Zerker and what? (Joking, couldn’t resist).

By the same logic we should run around naked anyways, since crafting gear is so tedious. Dang, forgot, it drops as well … ok, counter-suggestion:

Add food to drop tables (will only replace grey drops and not our precious pre-cursor drops, wut?), make it available for karma, dungeon tokens and laurels! And whatever else I forgot. 50% to get Foodflour Dust instead of Bloodstone Dust. Combine 100 foodflours to get one brick for your ascended burger.

There ya go, no more tedious food acquirement.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: aliksyian.7642

aliksyian.7642

This quote is the only mature thing in your post, hence I will respond to it:

What are your examples trying to prove?

You used the words ‘tedium’ and ‘tedious’ to describe the usage of food. I used salvage kits, depositing collectible, swapping gear, and using toys, as a direct comparison. They are on the same level of ‘tedious’ as food, aka not tedious at all.

-snip/combine-

Yes, because you shouldn’t reward tedium with power.

You then went on to say that this ‘tedious’ usage of food gives an advantage to players who are willing to go through the ‘tedium’ of using it.

You said this tedious advantage should be removed.

Players are allowed to carry extra sets of gear with them, to change stats as they please. Some people use this to their advantage, while others cannot be bothered to deal with the ‘tedium’.

Shall we remove the ability to carry multiple sets of gear, because some use it to their advantage while others do not use it? After all, it is just as tedious as using food, and it gives an advantage.

-this next part is not serious-

But where do we draw the line?

Combo Fields are tedious to use, some players use them to their advantage, others do not want to deal with the tedium. Should we remove combo fields?

Elementalists and Engineers have specific skill chain combos that work to great effect, but they are tedious to pull off (swapping attunements or kits), some players use this to their advantage, others do not want to go through the tedium. Should we remove Elementalists and Engineers?

(You now know why I didn’t respond to your question before.)

Salvage kits don’t contribute to power in a fight. You can’t change your armor in a fight. Different contexts than what I was thinking of.

Buying different sets of armor doesn’t seem as much of a chore to me because you buy the set once and then carry it around. Food needs to be restocked and reapplied. (Though you did get me- I’d rather armor had little to no stats like GW1. That’s off-topic, though.)

You sure do like running down the slippery slope. “This part of the game isn’t fun to maintain” shouldn’t lead to “let’s say we remove everything that is superficially tedious.” Also I would like to think that engineer skill chains are slightly more difficult to execute than buying food on the TP and double clicking it.

Hide user’s posts on forum with chrome tampermonkey script: http://pastebin.com/aaUQr3pm

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Removing all of that would take time and effort that could be better spent on new content, render an entire crafting discipline useless (and thus needing to be removed as well), and lessen the players’ ability to customize.

- Does it add to my experience? Yes. Not by a lot, but it does add to it.

- Does it make things too easy? No.

- Do I always use it? Not always. Sometimes I forget to get some for my in-use character, or just forget to apply it every now and then.

- Do I usually win 1 on 1 fights against those who don’t use it? I don’t know, since I mainly stick to PvE.

- Do I craft or buy it? Craft it. Keep in mind, removing food and nourishment means removing all the plant nodes or re-purposing them for other materials. It’s really not as simple as it sounds.

- Do I offer it to others that don’t have it? Yes, mainly if I’m in a dungeon party and see them without the buff icons, I will ask in party chat if they want some from me, provided I have enough for the whole party.

So, I think it’s best to leave food and nourishment as is for now.

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

I also love the craft of cooking and finding new recipes to do. Yeah, I could look it up on various sites, but discovering is much more fun. This applies to the potions as well from Artificing.

-Is it really adding to your overall experience? Yes, I’ve experimented running with and without – definitely prefer adding some vitality for difficult events/tasks.
-Does it make things too easy? I don’t think so.
-Do I always use it? Why? Yes, especially in dungeons with the potions. It does help
-Do I usually win 1v1 fights against those who don’t use it? I hate PvP
-Do I craft my own for fun? Or just buy it off the TP? I craft it myself primarily, or buy from TP if I don’t have ingredients. However I do use Quality Maintenance Oil/Sharpening Stones/Crystals rather than Master since I need that Crystalline Dust.
-Do I offer it to other people when I see them without it? Why? Of course! Alot of players don’t think about using F&N (esp. my daughter). Like others, if I’m in a dungeon I check the icons and offer those players something they could use. And, why, the answer should be obvious. If it helps, why not offer party members/friends/guildies something to make their experience better. Undead slaying potions are quite useful in Arah.

I do not in the least find it tedious to make them or even to buy them. Those who don’t use F&N whatever the reason, forgetfulness, laziness, being cheap, etc. do so at their own responsibility.

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I also love the craft of cooking and finding new recipes to do. Yeah, I could look it up on various sites, but discovering is much more fun. This applies to the potions as well from Artificing.

So I wasn’t the only one? Awesome!

The other crafting types could use some (more) fun stuff to discover like that, rather than the routine recipe of “Weapon Part 1 + Weapon Part 2 + Inscription”. I know there’s certain special Exotics out there with unique skins but . . .

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The recipes for potions were basically identical from tier to tier though; you generally just had to substitute higher tier mats.

I made a huge “cookbook” checklist for food recipes to discover. I enjoy ticking off each recipe as I get high enough to learn it. (I’m currently paused at 395 though. Don’t want to discover the 400 recipes since I expect r500 Chef to be out eventually.)

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

(I’m currently paused at 395 though. Don’t want to discover the 400 recipes since I expect r500 Chef to be out eventually.)

I do believe you get to rediscover past, high end, recipes when the 400-500 crafting is made available. Is that wrong?

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

ANet will almost certainly reset the recipes when it’s out, yes, but why waste my mats in the meantime?

Azhure.1857

Oh, true that.

Posted by: kanarek.8025

kanarek.8025

Hello everyone,

My suggestion is to remove food and nourishment from the game entirely.

Back in the day, Guild Wars 1, I always hated the idea of consumables, as they were called. I didn’t enjoy the concept of having to use consumables to complete certain content in the game. In Guild Wars 1 the use of the three consumables was referred to as a “conset”. These consets were used to do high-level end game content, and, basically, became a requirement for that content. Consets became an important part of the Guild Wars 1 economy and there were people dedicated to crafting these consets for end-game content players. If you don’t know what I am talking about or don’t remember, use this link (Conset). To emphasize, these consets were a requirement. The reason I felt so negatively towards the concept of crafted boosts in Guild Wars 2 is partly to blame on Guild Wars 1.

In Guild Wars 2 there are no “consets”, but there are Food and Nourishment (F&N). F&N are two separate, craft-able/purchase-able, buffs which increase the stats of the user. Now, I understand that F&N aren’t a requirement to play any content in GW2, but it sure does make it incredibly easy. Let’s face it, everyone wants their build to be the “best”, and what better way to do that by increasing your stats with F&N, right? So, if you’r going to be the best, you’re going to carry a couple of each F&N you want. I know I do. To further illustrate my point, I started to work out a pro’s and con’s.

I know the trolls are going to come out of the woodwork for this topic, but please remain open-minded. Before you make your comment please keep these questions in your mind.

-Is it really adding to your overall experience?
-Does it make things too easy?
-Do I always use it? Why?
-Do I usually win 1v1 fights against those who don’t use it?
-Do I craft my own for fun? Or just buy it off the TP?
-Do I offer it to other people when I see them without it? Why?

Cons of removing F&N
-There is a crafting discipline attached to crafting F&N. Which would mean losing that discipline. It would be a major blow to the overall crafting system.
-Removes “content” from the game.
-Makes end-game content and dungeons tougher.

Pros of removing F&N
-Easier to balance game for ANET.
(“If we add this skill, and a player runs this trait which increases it’s duration, and the same player uses x food and x nourishment. Would it be overpowered?”)
-Increases difficulty of content.
-Increases balance in WvW.
(Since F&N isn’t a requirement not every body uses it. For example, you come across a player who is using F&N while you aren’t. Your defeat usually is quick and painless.)
-Removes currently unbalanced F&N.
(For example, Koi Cake increase condition duration by 40%. If you’re using a condition damage build, and, for example hit the foe once, your damage is increased by 40%. While Truffle Risotto grants about a 7% (estimate) bonus to overall damage depending on your build.
-Removes useless F&N
(Nobody uses Apprentice Maintenance Oil, when they can use Potent Master Maintenance Oil.)
-Other see introduction.

Possible other solutions
-Allow only players under level 80 to use F&N.
-Remove from WvW, dungeons, and fractals.

Thanks for your read and consideration.

I think the only reason you write this post is that you don’t want use it, but somebody blamed you that you should (organised event with rules – w/e). If not, I don’t understand why you complain (PvE POV).

Somebody has better prepare than you so he deserve be better (PvP POV). You might as well say that those who spend time adjusting traits and trying different combination is favored – remove traits.

Everybody want add some new content, please don’t suggest to remove any content.
If you want balance – YES!

Azhure.1857

Somebody has better prepare than you so he deserve be better (PvP POV). You might as well say that those who spend time adjusting traits and trying different combination is favored – remove traits.

Agreed.

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Okay, I haven’t been able to log into the forums for a while but I followed this thread to page 3 (maybe someone said the exact same thing I am about to say on page 4, but I have no time to read it right now) and desperately wanted to say something. here we go:
This game has some/a lot? of depth. There are combos which the majority of people don’t know about and I only know the main combos I can make with my thief – some day I will get to learn all the combos my engi can make but complain threads like these are eradicating my chance to get to that because the game is dumbed down so casual players don’t complain (nothing against casual players but those who demand that everything has to go their way).
To food: I started using it last fall to level my new character who happens to be a cook. I have been a pve player at that time and was always broke karma wise. So I had a look at the food there is and found that ice cream gives you a karma boost. So I made ice cream and got some extra karma while the others in the boss train I was running with opted for omnomberry bars to get the extra chance of a precursor (or whatever). Then the marionette event came up and I tried to complete the meta with my thief. I had troubles to complete one boss without being downed because I couldn’t really see the AoE and because that boss had to be fought melee, so I was downed a lot and that champ was I think 4 and it wasn’t certain that we made it that far every time, so I hadn’t had that many chances to try and try again. But there is food which removes conditions when you use a healing skill and thief has got a nice healing skill which triggers a lot. So I have been able to complete the task.
Then there was the Queens Gauntlet and I used food that gives me endurance because I dodge a lot, that’s kind of automatic on my thief, I don’t always dodge only when neccessary.
In wvw when on my thief pre patch I opted for mango pies (heals every second) which worked better for me than the leek soup the others were using. Now I also mostly use leek soup. I die easier to opponents when I haven’t eaten but it has gotten worse since the april patch.
When finding the ice cream I was really happy to be able to get some extra Karma, when beating the marionette champion I felt “like god” because I was so proud that I found a way to complete that without being downed. When using the dodging extra I was relieved that my habit of “dodge-a-lot” doesn’t interfer with my chances to kill Liadri.
Food doesn’t really give you an advantage over others but it helps you to play the game the way you want/like as we’re no machines but humans who have their flaws and strengths. Removing food from the game would force us more to play in “only one way possible” and I’m strongly against that.
And please, using aruments like “Whenever you see a video of wvw the person who wins is the person who has eaten food”, really? How about “Whenever I’m in wvw I…” and people who record their wvw play/use food are experienced players who know the value of food and of armor and of traits and of combos and of counterplay, so the person with no food loses to the sum of it, not only food.

Posted by: Eleri Tezhme.3048

Eleri Tezhme.3048

So I think saying consets weren’t required is overstepping the line. More precisely, they just weren’t needed. However, based on community responses, consets were required. [/quote]

In GW1, there was a whole lot more in the way of required elite skills and specific builds. There were endgame bosses you could not defeat, unless you’d dragged your characters and/or heroes over to this zone to defeat that boss in order to get such and such shiny ability. It was one of the things I absolutely hated about GW1, and why I never got further than certain areas on several characters- I want to play the game, not have to do tons of research just to get through content.

With consumable boosts, like food, potions, sharpening stones, etc, I can run the character I want, and get an edge on something when I need it.

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

You can already do all the content in this game without them anyway. If anything they should remove it from WvW but leave it in pve. PvE is already a mindless enough as it is removing it from pve would just outrage the majority of the playerbase removing it from WvW wouldn’t anger many.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Hello everyone,

Back in the day, Guild Wars 1, I always hated the idea of consumables, as they were called. I didn’t enjoy the concept of having to use consumables to complete certain content in the game. In Guild Wars 1 the use of the three consumables was referred to as a “conset”. These consets were used to do high-level end game content, and, basically, became a requirement for that content. Consets became an important part of the Guild Wars 1 economy and there were people dedicated to crafting these consets for end-game content players. If you don’t know what I am talking about or don’t remember, use this link (Conset). To emphasize, these consets were a requirement. The reason I felt so negatively towards the concept of crafted boosts in Guild Wars 2 is partly to blame on Guild Wars 1.

In Guild Wars 2 there are no “consets”, but there are Food and Nourishment (F&N). F&N are two separate, craft-able/purchase-able, buffs which increase the stats of the user. Now, I understand that F&N aren’t a requirement to play any content in GW2, but it sure does make it incredibly easy. Let’s face it, everyone wants their build to be the “best”, and what better way to do that by increasing your stats with F&N, right? So, if you’r going to be the best, you’re going to carry a couple of each F&N you want. I know I do. To further illustrate my point, I started to work out a pro’s and con’s.

I know the trolls are going to come out of the woodwork for this topic, but please remain open-minded. Before you make your comment please keep these questions in your mind.

Cons of removing F&N
-There is a crafting discipline attached to crafting F&N. Which would mean losing that discipline. It would be a major blow to the overall crafting system.

Pros of removing F&N
(“If we add this skill, and a player runs this trait which increases it’s duration, and the same player uses x food and x nourishment. Would it be overpowered?”)
(Since F&N isn’t a requirement not every body uses it. For example, you come across a player who is using F&N while you aren’t. Your defeat usually is quick and painless.)
(For example, Koi Cake increase condition duration by 40%. If you’re using a condition damage build, and, for example hit the foe once, your damage is increased by 40%. While Truffle Risotto grants about a 7% (estimate) bonus to overall damage depending on your build.
-Removes useless F&N
(Nobody uses Apprentice Maintenance Oil, when they can use Potent Master Maintenance Oil.)
-Other see introduction.

Possible other solutions

I support this 100 percent, I have always hated the concept of consumables since my first real western rpgs.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

There’s no hunger, eating animation and no Bathrooms in Tyria so it’s not a very interesting concept anyways. I don’t waste money on it, personally. I’d prefer them to not imbal pvp, even if it’s slight.

I support this 100 percent, I have always hated the concept of consumables since my first real western rpgs.

My worst experience with consumables would be Aion. You were literally forced to use tons of them all the time in both PvP and PvE (or be at a huge disadvantage) and they were expensive and just plain tedious to deal with all the time. You couldn’t just run out and pvp all the time w/o eventually being stopped to either buy them/farm gold for more or harvest billions of nodes and craft them.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Hello everyone,

Cons of removing F&N

Pros of removing F&N
-Removes useless F&N
-Other see introduction.

Possible other solutions

No.

I disagree with you greatly for a wide range of reasons. In fact, if anything I would like to see MORE foods and consumables and for them to matter more, rather then less.

- Food and Consumables are part of horizontal progression available to everyone equally via multiple means. You use them to further your builds.
- they let you further customize your character, plug holes in your build or accentuate your strengths, sometimes both (for example the dungeon potions), they are easier to change then traits (for example, pop on lemongrass poultry instead of minotaur steaks in when fighting in wvw)
- they are a HUGE AND INTEGRAL part of the in-game economy. if you were to just take it out or even mess with it it will have extreme consequences.
- they provide their own crafting profession in “chef”. many people, myself included, like this aspect of the game.

Removing these from the game would take all of the above away + completely undermine many peoples achievements. many of us went out of our way and have spent countless hours gathering + crafting. while you may not think so, this is quite a large chunk of playerbase and i do not see any sort of proper compensation that a-net could come with for the loss of this.

only changes i would make here is so that the lower tier foods and consumables can be broken back down into components or turned into an NPC for something useful instead of having a glut of it on the TP which comes mostly from players leveling their “chef” skill.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

(edited by Tongku.5326)

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

Yes it is. Choosing the right food for each situation (especially the dungeon tonics) is the first step when preparing for battle. You don’t just rush in heads first, you actually look what kind of obstacles you’ll have to expect and prepare for it.

No, there are other things making the game too easy. Food only really matters in speedruns where you want those extra 10% dps to finish a minute faster.

Not always. If the mobs die before I’m halfway through my damage-rotation then food would be wasted.

No, since I don’t play WvW.

I’m not using the best food there is because it’s too expensive. The food I’m using is mostly crafted by people leveling their chef, so I can easily buy it off the tp. The nourishments I buy directly from the dungeon vendor for tokens.

In Arah and Aetherpath always. In other dungeons sometimes. It depends on wether the path takes long enough for the potion to actually show an effect.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

speaking of, which utility is best for aetherpath? slaying scarlet’s armies?

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I’m very happy with my consumables, thank you. either the 50-75 silver for main food and utlis per 30 min or my cost effective options for 2-5 silver per 30 minutes

Why remove these? If I get a true noob party these buffs will help me finish dungeons, and if the group I play with are good they’ll be using them anyways… I laught at META zerk parties without a food buff. it’s a waste of DPS, I think people need food .

Utility and A Dungeon Set will improve DPS 26-33% no matter what build.
If you run meta zerk and have wrong sigils and no utility you are _squishier, doing 20-25% less dmg then you ought and this is just not very smart…

I use

• +30% magic find while farming; well always nice
  • +40% conditions on my condi build(s); well: else dot is weak
  • -40% conditions in wvw; well: why not to try to stay alive
  • and some truffle steaks for dungeons if appropriate… power eh…

combined with the appropriate utility food,

• sharps for pwr, More pwr
  • crystals for condition, More condition dmg/duration
  • halloween food for farming More MF
  • slaying potions in dungeons. Just because

And they fit me fine.

Love sharpening skulls with dragon’s revelry starcakes On my celestial support ele
Really waiting for celestial buff utility…

Personally I do not think there is an excuse for not using food, even if you get lvl 60/65 food AND utility, you’ll get decent buffs. You check for buffs while playing so you can instant see you need food reupped….. time wasted 1 second per 25-30 minutes to check and 5 seconds to doubleclick twice. When in WvW you’ll often get it from PUG commanders (got it on t7, on t5 and t1, so I do not think I’m wrong here) or you can feed from guild raids starting saving you a lot of cash, getting you max food and it will not take more effort then just pressing F….

I use CHEAP food when I do not care about max stats it saves me 75-90% of costs

• +26% magic find while farming; well always nice (1s for the one with gold find)
  • +36% conditions on my condi build(s); well: else dot is weak (2 s)
  • -36% conditions in wvw; well: why not to try to stay alive (still expensive 18s)
    (* -28% conditions in wvw ? less then 6 s)
  • and some cheaper steaks for dungeons if appropriate… power eh.. well they stay expensive… so either take the expensive one of get magic find/power.. (glazed peach tart, +26% MF, +60 power, around 10 copper!)

combined with the appropriate CHEAP utility food, saves me 75-90% of costs

• lvl 60 sharps for pwr, More DPS (80 instead of 100) (less then 2 silver)
  • lvl 60 crystals for condition, More DOT (80 instead of 100) /duration (less then 2 silver)
    BUT!:
  • I still use powerfull slaying potions in dungeons. Just because they are -cheap- p;aying 1 or 2 silver for 10% added DPS on path whcih require only enemy X is a very nice gain
    Actually getting -10% dmg is a vey nice secondary… most look past it..

And they fit me fine, when I’m running cheap!

So you can choose, running max buff it expensive.

But in dungeons you’ll just slaying foods and maybe some MFG and you’ll be doing +10% dmg, with your dungeon weapon set even +26% dmg… so why not use it and be stuck at 15%. cost 3-15 silver per path

In WvW you just use sharps or crystals and you’ll pay ~ 2 silver / 30 minutes, for improved stats If you pay for your own food you’ll be at 10s.

I’m not happy you are suggesting you want to have another layer of diversity removed and have the game dumbed down more. Food is a Huge extension on builds/ traits/ gear and other aspects on the game. it is also switchable on the fly, allowing you to modify your build without needing to change GEAR….

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

correct

also works on several fractals…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

Yes. The aetherblades and clockwork creatures are all part of scarlet’s army.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Another day, another GOD awful suggestion on this forum. Please, just play something else instead of DUMBING down this game any further.

What would happen to those that levelled up their crafts and all the money that it costs to do that? What about those who enjoy serving trays for dungeon teams. Food is irrelevant in pvp but nice in pve.

God, actually think before you suggest this stuff.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Nice necro. Lock this thread pls.

Posted by: sercommander.6817

sercommander.6817

FOOD – Omnoberry ghost, 66% chance to steal life on critical – dead zerkers dont DPS
UTILITY – Anything for crit chance to boost life steal and DPS