[Suggestion] Remove first person view

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I don’t care for first person view and I was all “yeah alright, let those who want to have it have it” when it was introducted.
The problem: it inflicts my own game play as

1) There’s no separate options for in game “steering”, so all changes made to first person view movement impact mine and that not in a positive way, I can’t move like I used to, I have to try and to adjust my mouse options with every change and yet still am not able to play like I used to. I’m aware that not everybody notices this and that I might have a unique way of moving in this game – still I notice changes made to “first person view” before I read there were changes made to it.

2) First person view messed up how wvw works big time:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Fix-the-AC-Exploit-now

So either remove it, or separate it from third person view for good.

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

1) You can turn it off in your Options. Otherwise, I really don’t understand how it has impacted your “steering”? Simply removing it would make a lot of players angry, especially as it is already an optional component.

2) See the latest patch notes:

Notes

“Altered arrow cart line-of-sight checks to be more restrictive.” – Source

Jana.6831

1) You can turn it off in your Options. Otherwise, I really don’t understand how it has impacted your “steering”? Simply removing it would make a lot of players angry, especially as it is already an optional component.

2) See the latest patch notes:

Notes

“Altered arrow cart line-of-sight checks to be more restrictive.” – Source

Because the angle you need to turn your mouse to turn your character is the same for first and third person view – so I have to turn more and more to get the same effect, yet still my movement is restricted because of changes made to movement because of third person view – doesn’t matter whether or not I have turned it off.

If you read the thread I linked a bit further you’ll notice that now the defensive means of ACs are messed up (which was kind of logical).

I chose the title to be “catchy”. I still don’t care about first person view, so everybody who wants to have it should have it, as long as it doesn’t mess everything else up which it currently does.

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

I guess the changes you mentioned that make you feel your “movement is restricted” were the changes to the camera in general. The first person view has nothing to do with how fast your camera turns, however in the big camera patch they introduced some new camera sliders. One of those sliders is called Rotationspeed. If you feel your camera rotates too slow just move the slider more to the right.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Can you describe exactly what changes had what effect?

Your argument is kind of vague on those specifics so it’s difficult to get behind your position when I don’t really understand what your asking for.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Jana.6831

I guess the changes you mentioned that make you feel your “movement is restricted” were the changes to the camera in general. The first person view has nothing to do with how fast your camera turns, however in the big camera patch they introduced some new camera sliders. One of those sliders is called Rotationspeed. If you feel your camera rotates too slow just move the slider more to the right.

Already did that, and in fact I already said that I’m trying to adjust my mouse with each patch – a) it takes a lot of time, b) people are calling me crazy because my way to move in this game seems to be pretty unique, c) I can’t turn the speed up much more because it’s pretty much maxed out already – but now I miss the stuff I want to hit.

I don’t know of any patch which changed the camera in general, might be true, but still my problems started 1-2 weeks after the introduction of 1. person view and yesterday I noticed that on the one hand the camera improved as it would move back slightly after adjusting the character with right mouse click, which it doesn’t anymore, but I can’t get to the angle I want anymore – after some hours of testing I read that changes had been made to 1. person view- so I’m pretty certain that it correlates.

Can you describe exactly what changes had what effect?

Your argument is kind of vague on those specifics so it’s difficult to get behind your position when I don’t really understand what your asking for.

Already described it: have to turn your mouse more to get the same effect – rotation speed only helps that much and I have to adjust it with every (sometimes unnanounced) change made for first person view – which is annoying.

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

You’ll get reused to it. Human brains adapt pretty good.

Jana.6831

You’ll get reused to it. Human brains adapt pretty good.

My brain is pretty good, but my wrist hurts.

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

Already described it: have to turn your mouse more to get the same effect – rotation speed only helps that much and I have to adjust it with every (sometimes unnanounced) change made for first person view – which is annoying.

Hmm, I’ve never experienced my rotation speed randomly resetting or changing after an update, even throughout the first person view release. So I’m quite confident in saying that it isn’t the first person view that is creating those issues.

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

Already did that, and in fact I already said that I’m trying to adjust my mouse with each patch – a) it takes a lot of time, b) people are calling me crazy because my way to move in this game seems to be pretty unique, c) I can’t turn the speed up much more because it’s pretty much maxed out already – but now I miss the stuff I want to hit.

I don’t know of any patch which changed the camera in general, might be true, but still my problems started 1-2 weeks after the introduction of 1. person view and yesterday I noticed that on the one hand the camera improved as it would move back slightly after adjusting the character with right mouse click, which it doesn’t anymore, but I can’t get to the angle I want anymore – after some hours of testing I read that changes had been made to 1. person view- so I’m pretty certain that it correlates.

You said you were adjusting your mouse, which indicates the speed that the mouse-cursor moves with. I just told you how to adjust the speed that the camera moves with, without altering the speed of the mouse-cursor.

The patch that completely overhauled the camera system and introduced the camera-sliders was around the same time they introduced first person view. Or was it the same patch? I don’t remember.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Jana.6831

Hmm, I’ve never experienced my rotation speed randomly resetting or changing after an update, even throughout the first person view release. So I’m quite confident in saying that it isn’t the first person view that is creating those issues.

I do, I steal, cnd and then backstab with moving my character 90° which is impaired with each patch.
My hope for this thread is that anet reads it, takes me seriously (because they can see whether or not their changes have an impact on 3. person view) and separates both options.
Like I said: I’m well aware that a lot/most people don’t notice the changes, but I do. And maybe it affects all of you, you just don’t realize it.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

If your mouse DPI is too low then you’ll turn slower too.

Jana.6831

No the DPI has got nothing to do with how fast you turn.
Edit: Although, yeah you’re right, but as you can see – I already did that ;)
Thought you meant the acceleration, sorry.

You said you were adjusting your mouse, which indicates the speed that the mouse-cursor moves with. I just told you how to adjust the speed that the camera moves with, without altering the speed of the mouse-cursor.

The patch that completely overhauled the camera system and introduced the camera-sliders was around the same time they introduced first person view. Or was it the same patch? I don’t remember.

Not perfect yet, still have to find a way around the latest patch(es) – if possible.

Attachments:

(edited by Jana.6831)

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Not perfect yet, still have to find a way around the latest patch(es) – if possible.

The first line under the word Camera on the in game options is: Rotation Speed. Move THAT more to the right and your rotation will speed up. Then you can slow down your mouse’s movement so you don’t miss things.