Suggestion: Silverwastes Shovels

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

I’m not sure about others. I would imagine others have more Bandit Crests than I do.

I have 7229 Bandit Crests at the time of this post. I have nothing to spend them on that I need. I have over 400 Bandit Skeleton Keys – So I don’t need those. I get enough Rare Bags and Green Bags of gear that I don’t need to use the crests on those either. I’ve got the tonics and mini’s. The only thing I might buy is another set of Ascended Trinkets. Even then I would only need one more set if I really had to.

I would like to be able to buy Silverwaste Shovels with my Crests.

Thanks.

Posted by: Milkshake.4038

Milkshake.4038

I suggest a new MF recipe: 250 tier 5 material + some Bandit Crests + some Bandit Skeleton Keys + 2 or 5 Philosopher Stone = Shovel

Or something similar.

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Consider shovels are a huge part of upgrading your guildhall, buying shovels should have been implemented long time ago.

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Yeah, 5k Bandit Crests here and nothing to buy. I would spend them on Shovels and throw those into Guild upgrade if possible.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I too would like to buy shovels for the crests

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Selling Silverwastes Shovels for Bandit Crests would be a huge mistake, and would severely reduce the number of people actually playing the zone as opposed to farming chests. It’s very intentional that the Shovels are only available as event rewards.

FogLeg.9354

Selling Silverwastes Shovels for Bandit Crests would be a huge mistake, and would severely reduce the number of people actually playing the zone as opposed to farming chests. It’s very intentional that the Shovels are only available as event rewards.

So, if people stop playing the events, where are they all going to get those Bandit Crests from? I have no intention to farm any chests there as they contain nothing interesting, I need shovels to throw them away into guild upgrade. And I need many-many shovels. Many more you can ever imagine. Currently I am sitting on thousands of Bandit Crests that have absolutely no value to me, how would allowing exchanging them into shovels make me only farm chests or avoid playing the zone?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It might not make you play the events for the shovels, but it does make many others do so. If the zone is to stay alive (and it is alive, I can go in and do a full round to VW pretty much at will — NA server, usually playing eastern time afternoon/evening) then people need to play the events.

If you want to spend your crests, buy bags of sandy gear. You get a green item and a hunk of sand piles in each one; from that you can get coarse sand much cheaper than on the TP, plus have greens to salvage, and you will want that coarse sand. At current pre-scribe-adjustment settings, it takes 1000 coarse sand to unlock the basic decorations merchant, which is at least 10K sand piles.

Posted by: sarasvatri.6871

sarasvatri.6871

If you want to spend your crests, buy bags of sandy gear. You get a green item and a hunk of sand piles in each one; from that you can get coarse sand much cheaper than on the TP, plus have greens to salvage, and you will want that coarse sand. At current pre-scribe-adjustment settings, it takes 1000 coarse sand to unlock the basic decorations merchant, which is at least 10K sand piles.

This. If you need more shovels for guild hall, use the proceeds you get from bags to buy them from people.

Firebird Gomer.9563

As I said I don’t or need to buy the bags I earn enough Sand and bags from doing the events.

So that STILL leaves me with nothing to buy with my crests that I am interested in, EXCEPT Shovels which are not available to buy. Hence my suggestion to add them to buy.

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

Why don’t you play other content instead, you are clearly spending way too much of your life grinding that one map.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

ANet doesn’t want people to buy shovels; they want people doing the Silverwastes events to earn them.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

You cannot buy the shovels without doing a blind trust trade. I personally find silverwaste to be very, very tiring and not in the least fun. Others think it is great which is fine but doing an hour of running in circles to get 4 shovels when I need 50 for my guild hall is a hill I don’t really want to climb.
A trade system within the guild storage to exchange crests for shovels would be absolutely fine since you cannot take anything out of this system anyway.

FogLeg.9354

Why don’t you play other content instead, you are clearly spending way too much of your life grinding that one map.

Guild upgrade requires basically endless supply of those, and since they are account-bound and can not be found in any other map…

Firebird Gomer.9563

Guild upgrade requires basically endless supply of those, and since they are account-bound and can not be found in any other map…

^ This…. Silverwaste Shovels are only available on this map and only available via grinding… Oh wait that’s right there is no grind in this game according to Anet. My mistake

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

So the problem lies elsewhere then. The Guild upgrade system is bad.

FogLeg.9354

So the problem lies elsewhere then. The Guild upgrade system is bad.

Obviously.

This would be just one small step to help players upgrading the guild hall. You still need bucketload of other mats too so you won’t be magically finish guild hall with few extra shovels.

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

The entire guildhall upgrade system reeks of bad economics. It artificially inflates markets for otherwise worthless items (seaweed, black pepper cactus salad, etc.). I can’t tell if it was designed stimulate the inflation of worthless commodities through farming or if it was designed to just get rid of excesses. It accomplished both tasks, but only through massive amounts of user time wasted via farming.

At least the GW1 guildhall upgrades just cost gold/plat.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

The entire guildhall upgrade system reeks of bad economics. It artificially inflates markets for otherwise worthless items (seaweed, black pepper cactus salad, etc.). I can’t tell if it was designed stimulate the inflation of worthless commodities through farming or if it was designed to just get rid of excesses. It accomplished both tasks, but only through massive amounts of user time wasted via farming.

At least the GW1 guildhall upgrades just cost gold/plat.

Inflate isn’t the right word because the items suddenly see a new demand making the increased value real.