Suggestion: Temporary Immunity

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Provost.6210

Provost.6210

This suggestion is intended to counter the current condition meta. Well, not actually. It’s really intended to counter the way that condition spamming builds are rewarded for doing exactly that: spamming.

Currently you can engage a condition build user and have five stacks of six different conditions before you get close enough to seriously use your own abilities. Even if you’re playing a class with a high health pool like a warrior, that poses a serious risk to your survival. You can pop a condition cleanse but, guess what? You have five more conditions a second later because all the other guy has to do is keep spamming his abilities with impunity. It’s as ridiculous as thieves being able to remain invisible whilst spamming attacks through your invulnerability or block until they finally land that 10k backstab.

My solution is to grant 5 seconds of immunity to a condition after someone has cleansed it. That way the conditionmancer has to actually display a modicum of strategy and skill, rather than just slam their face into the keyboard and melt all enemies irrespective of whether they used a condition cleanse (and whine like a bratty three year old if they come up against a diamond skin ele).

This would work for all conditions, from a thief’s bleed to a necromancer’s poison to a mesmer’s confusion to an elementalist’s burn.

Discuss.

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

This suggestion is intended to counter the current condition meta. Well, not actually. It’s really intended to counter the way that condition spamming builds are rewarded for doing exactly that: spamming.

Currently you can engage a condition build user and have five stacks of six different conditions before you get close enough to seriously use your own abilities. Even if you’re playing a class with a high health pool like a warrior, that poses a serious risk to your survival. You can pop a condition cleanse but, guess what? You have five more conditions a second later because all the other guy has to do is keep spamming his abilities with impunity. It’s as ridiculous as thieves being able to remain invisible whilst spamming attacks through your invulnerability or block until they finally land that 10k backstab.

My solution is to grant kitten immunity to a condition after someone has cleansed it. That way the conditionmancer has to actually display a modicum of strategy and skill, rather than just slam their face into the keyboard and melt all enemies irrespective of whether they used a condition cleanse (and whine like a bratty three year old if they come up against a diamond skin ele).

This would work for all conditions, from a thief’s bleed to a necromancer’s poison to a mesmer’s confusion to an elementalist’s burn.

Discuss.

Aaaaaannnnd you would end all use of conditions in pvp…. forever…

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

The reason conditions are considered OP right now is cause it is still new. So it is still the flavor of the month. There are allready good counters to conditions. So counter the flavor of the day and it will go out of flavor.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Provost.6210

My solution is to grant kitten immunity to a condition after someone has cleansed it. That way the conditionmancer has to actually display a modicum of strategy and skill, rather than just slam their face into the keyboard and melt all enemies irrespective of whether they used a condition cleanse (and whine like a bratty three year old if they come up against a diamond skin ele).

Discuss.

With a 5 second immunity? You have even less faith in the general level of skill in the game than I do…

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Discuss.

With a 5 second immunity? You have even less faith in the general level of skill in the game than I do…

Dude… 5 seconds in pvp is an eternity… count it aloud… matches are won or lost in fractions of that. 5 seconds would destroy a condi builds rotation

Posted by: Genesis.4671

Genesis.4671

Sure no problem… Can we get 5 seconds of immunity against power based damage after receiving some form of healing too? /s

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Sure no problem… Can we get 5 seconds of immunity against power based damage after receiving some form of healing too? /s

Lolololololol ikr?

Posted by: Garm.9750

Garm.9750

While at it, I don’t like that some classes have stability. I mean really, I want to use my control spell so I can spam some conditions more easily, but then some classes would have pesky stability spells and signets. Not fair I say, nerf to the ground I say!

Provost.6210

Forgot about that. I don’t play warrior very often, except for dungeon runs.

I’m not suggesting nerfing conditions (even though they are badly in need of it), I’m suggesting improving survivability against them.

Solomon Darkfury.3729

While at it, I don’t like that some classes have stability. I mean really, I want to use my control spell so I can spam some conditions more easily, but then some classes would have pesky stability spells and signets. Not fair I say, nerf to the ground I say!

No no no… the answer is give necros multiple skills and traits that grant stab to prevent ccs…

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

This is probably the worst suggestion i heard this year.

I am on an condi cleanse warrior build (in wvw) and i eat them for breakfast. I have no problem cleansing 5-10 condis every 10 seconds, if i had half of that time immune to condis, i wouldnt get much condi damage at all.

Just imagine some dps enemy player laying some uninded bleeding, poison or burning on you, which you clear and gain immunity for 5 sec, right before his team mates swoop in and put a condi burst on me.

30k dps completely negated just by swapping my weapon.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

We have immunity to conditions.

Its called dodging.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

We have immunity to conditions.

Its called dodging.

I get damaged by the condis on me while i dodge, you arent?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

LOL! I vote in favour of this “feature” :P

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

My solution is to grant 5 seconds of immunity to a condition after someone has cleansed it. That way the conditionmancer has to actually display a modicum of strategy and skill, rather than just slam their face into the keyboard and melt all enemies irrespective of whether they used a condition cleanse (and whine like a bratty three year old if they come up against a diamond skin ele).

Discuss.

Hmm

if there is some sort of a fair exchange sure, but not otherwise. For example, as a war you can just mindlessly and without any skill spam cleaves which tend to be particularly nasty against low healthpool thieves regardless if they’re stealthed or not or which build they use (condi included).

That said, as long as there would be a second or two seconds of immunity from power based damage for every second of immunity you get I’m all for it and see no issues with it.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Provost.6210

Discuss.

Hmm

if there is some sort of a fair exchange sure, but not otherwise. For example, as a war you can just mindlessly and without any skill spam cleaves which tend to be particularly nasty against low healthpool thieves regardless if they’re stealthed or not or which build they use (condi included).

That said, as long as there would be a second or two seconds of immunity from power based damage for every second of immunity you get I’m all for it and see no issues with it.

The thing with warriors is that you at least have to stay somewhat close to your target if you are using a melee weapon.

Perhaps complete immunity isn’t the answer in this situation… maybe 5 seconds during which any conditions on you deal half damage and expire twice as fast? As a trade off, you’d gain 5 seconds of increased toughness (to counter power damage).

In reality I’d like toughness to reduce the effectiveness of conditions across the board, but this is essentially the same thing.

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

We do have stuff to reduce condition duration (runes and food); http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Condition_Duration