(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

Ascended feels clunky and no fun.

I can not easily switch gear and builds since

1 ascended is expensive
2 I cant switch my runes out ( so putting a 10 Gold value rune in is a big decision.)
3 its so expensive that I must commit to one gear style or build 3 different gears maybe 4 for fun.

Yes I could use exotics but a game mode like fractals forces me to invest in ascended for agony resistance. And with Raids high level gear becomes more important than ever?

that was my QQ here my solution

Trinity Gear
let us fuse stats and runes into one set so we get a semi Legendary armor, which can safe up to 3 different stats (which we can freely choose) and unlimited runes. Make the cost of this fuse Armor with every stat gain 25 % of the cost of a ascended armor set.

Extra Slots for runes could be bought via spirit shards lets say every slot 100 shards.

(I’m pretty sure getting the real legendary will be a super grind and nothing what a casual player can do under 3 months, plus not everybody will buy HOT.)

People will still try to get at least one set of the legendary alone for the looks.

With trinity gear we safe up bag space and a lot gold plus we will be more brave to experiment with different builds and runes.

Oh and I almost forgot I also like Trinity gear has the ability to safe 3 different looks. So that with stat change also the look change.

thanks for reading brainstorm welcome

NO STAT INCREASE ONLY 2 EXTRA STATS TO SWITCH

so u can also call trinity Armor the legendary for the Poor man or alt legendary solution.

(edited by Balsa.3951)

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Interesting idea. Doubt arenanet has the time to currently implement another set of gear, especially since there are almost never more than 2-3 stat combos useful. Essentially it would make legendary armor obsolete.

Maybe some time in the future we’ll get some way to save runes and sigils in legendary armor. Also some type of build save and load funktion would be nice. I wouldn’t count on it happening any time soon though.

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

Meh, I’m still waiting on ascended runes and sigils.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Posted by: Kill.3458

Kill.3458

No. End of discussion, Ascended was a huge controversy as it was and we dont need more treadmill.

Anyway Anet said(but at this point I take anything they say with a grain of salt) that NO new tier’s of gear would be added to the game so their’s that

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Balsa.3951

No. End of discussion, Ascended was a huge controversy as it was and we dont need more treadmill.

its a solution to minder the treadmill

I reduce the set price for every set after u made ur first one by 75% I think more anti treadmill cant be

plus u do know that legendary armor is coming right ?

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Cyninja.2954

I reduce the set price for every set after u made ur first one by 75% I think more anti treadmill cant be

Legendary armor is not a new tier of gear stat wise. It’s a sidegrade with benefits, but no increase in power (thus no powercreep happening).

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

What about weapons? Also, I can’t see this happening. This will be a new gear set to get. ANet have said ascended would be the last, now they have dropped legendary on us. Legendary will be your trinity gear. But minus the rune swapping.

They need gold sinks to keep gold to gem steady and to keep the economy healthy. The edition of this gear would slowly devalue runs. It would crash the market over night it would over the course of months kill the rune market, and have a knock on effect on armor. Why spend gold on armor when you have this? This in turn would devalue mats, as once you’ve made your armor, why make anything else? I can see something like this having too big of an impact on the economy in the long run to.be implemented.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Balsa.3951

Legendary armor is not a new tier of gear stat wise. It’s a sidegrade with benefits, but no increase in power (thus no powercreep happening).

its a grind nether less, and who says my idea has a stat increase? are u reading or u just trolling?

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Kill.3458

Legendary armor was always in the works, we’ve known this, it is NOT new info at all. It shares the same stats as ascended but im pretty sure the only real difference is that it’ll just look fancier (maybe more slots?).

Your trinity armor is a new stat set/tier which Anet said will never happen

its a grind nether less, and who says my idea has a stat increase? are u reading or u just trolling?

Edit: Your gear set does something completely unique to trinity armors, thereby a new tier, if it was implemented as a change to exotics (which will probably never happen) there’d be nothing to say on it.

(edited by Kill.3458)

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Balsa.3951

What about weapons? Also, I can’t see this happening. This will be a new gear set to get. ANet have said ascended would be the last, now they have dropped legendary on us. Legendary will be your trinity gear. But minus the rune swapping.

They need gold sinks to keep gold to gem steady and to keep the economy healthy. The edition of this gear would slowly devalue runs. It would crash the market over night it would over the course of months kill the rune market, and have a knock on effect on armor. Why spend gold on armor when you have this? This in turn would devalue mats, as once you’ve made your armor, why make anything else? I can see something like this having too big of an impact on the economy in the long run to.be implemented.

did u checked the rune price from 90 % of them? they going for under 10 silver about what market u speak of? is that a game for play and have fun or a economic simulation game ? where people play the TP full day.

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Balsa.3951

Legendary armor was always in the works, we’ve known this, it is NOT new info at all. It shares the same stats as ascended but im pretty sure the only real difference is that it’ll just look fancier (maybe more slots?).

I have zero stat increase

its only a stats change ability so u can switch between 3 stats I may didn’t pointed that clear out enough by saying switching stats

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Cyninja.2954

did u checked the rune price from 90 % of them? they going for under 10 silver about what market u speak of? is that a game for play and have fun or a economic simulation game ? where people play the TP full day.

One doesn’t work without the other. This “fun” game would very fast become unfun once the economic side totally breaks down. While it is unfortunate that a high amount of runes and sigils see little use, your argument is void.

Most people use the expensive runes and sigils and thus, if those were to lose their value, a significant economic hit would occure. Like it or not, the games economy is designed around having to replace and rebuy runes and sigils and removing them is done via costly alternatives (see BL salvage kit and upgrade extractors).

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Kill.3458

I have zero stat increase

its only a stats change ability so u can switch between 3 stats I may didn’t pointed that clear out enough by saying switching stats

Read the edit

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

(I’m pretty sure getting the real legendary will be a super grind and nothing what a casual player can do under 3 months, plus not everybody will buy HOT.)

Can’t a casual player just use exotics?

If we’re talking Fractals, I don’t think there are a lot of casual players in high-level Fractals.

If we’re talking raids, it remains to be seen how casual-friendly those might be, but they don’t seem like a casual activity, and you can assume raiders have HoT.

I think legendary stat-swapping is a simpler solution than making another tier between ascended and legendary, with a complicated stat-infusing system. Hopefully HoT will make getting legendary gear less of a grind, so picking up legendary gear will be an actual solution to the problem, not just a grind for prestige.

That still leaves upgrade components, which is a separate issue that legendary gear still wants a solution for.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Balsa.3951

I imagine following situation will hit in HOT Raids.

10 Man Raid Need
2 guardians
1 Warrior
2 Reaper,
1 Druid,
1 Ranger
1 Mesmer
1 Cronomancer
1 Daredevil

2 Mesmer join the same time

oh one of u can go Cronomancer?
ehm cronomancer need Traveler runes and Cleric Gear ( just to show the madness)
2 Mesmer explain: I only have a full ascended gear for berserker and Soldier but I have a exotic Cleric set!

Raid leader looks to the floor ok lets roll the dice which Mesmer can stay and we wait for a Cleric Cronomancer.

(the cleric cronomancer is only optimum for this one raid boss, he is unwanted for every other encounter inside the Raid)

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

BrotherBelial.3094

I see you failed to understand my point. ANet was a healthy in game economy.that means trying to keep everything to have a value over the vendor price. This armor set would end up “junking” alot of things in the long run.

Let me give a fictional example. Imagine if you will, a company comes out with a device that lets you watch all your TV, DVDs, blurays streaming services music all.one one inexpensive device. So you’d just have this one thing, no longer needing the rest so your saving space etc. now if you could get this item, why would you bother getting anything else? Getting it would be cheaper that getting all the other items individually, not to mention the free space you’ll have. In order to try and shift the other items they would need to fall in price to make them worth buying again. Or fall.in price so.much they would just be considered worthless and just be trashed.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Balsa.3951

Can’t a casual player just use exotics?

If we’re talking Fractals, I don’t think there are a lot of casual players in high-level Fractals.

If we’re talking raids, it remains to be seen how casual-friendly those might be, but they don’t seem like a casual activity, and you can assume raiders have HoT.

I think legendary stat-swapping is a simpler solution than making another tier between ascended and legendary, with a complicated stat-infusing system. Hopefully HoT will make getting legendary gear less of a grind, so picking up legendary gear will be an actual solution to the problem, not just a grind for prestige.

That still leaves upgrade components, which is a separate issue that legendary gear still wants a solution for.

u right exotics is enough, except anet said last raid boss in Gw2 should use ascended gear and can u imagine how picky people get when they know that this boss is the hardest content in gw2 and he has the best Loot in game ?

it will get very fast very dirty in LFGs

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Kill.3458

10 Man Raid Need
2 guardians
1 Warrior
2 Reaper,
1 Druid,
1 Ranger
1 Mesmer
1 Cronomancer
1 Daredevil

2 Mesmer explain: I only have a full ascended gear for berserker and Soldier but I have a exotic Cleric set!

Raid leader looks to the floor ok lets roll the dice which Mesmer can stay and we wait for a Cleric Cronomancer.

(the cleric cronomancer is only optimum for this one raid boss, he is unwanted for every other encounter inside the Raid)

Err this proves literally nothing, its a loose assumption of a situation that may not likely ever happen. If party needs 1 mesmer they would sure as hell take the Chronomancer because they offer mesmer utility as well as added elite spec utility soo…

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

My main point is that this isn’t really a casual player problem. Getting through the story is a casual player problem. Doing dungeons once is a casual player problem. Putting together a coherent build is a casual player problem.

If I’m looking to expand on the ascended gear I already have, I’m probably not that casual.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Balsa.3951

I see you failed to understand my point. ANet was a healthy in game economy.that means trying to keep everything to have a value over the vendor price. This armor set would end up “junking” alot of things in the long run.

Let me give a fictional example. Imagine if you will, a company comes out with a device that lets you watch all your TV, DVDs, blurays streaming services music all.one one inexpensive device. So you’d just have this one thing, no longer needing the rest so your saving space etc. now if you could get this item, why would you bother getting anything else? Getting it would be cheaper that getting all the other items individually, not to mention the free space you’ll have. In order to try and shift the other items they would need to fall in price to make them worth buying again. Or fall.in price so.much they would just be considered worthless and just be trashed.

not the first unvalued thing in game isn’kitten plus there could be a new value created for runes anytime anet want. But why put gear skills behind a paywall?

should not skill decide if u play good and not if u are willing to spend 200 gold on a rune? (extreme example but it happen with sigils)

to follow ur logic all armor repair companies in tyria should created a disaster to the economic since it went free.

I tell u play fun is more worth than peoples digital wallet.

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Balsa.3951

10 Man Raid Need
2 guardians
1 Warrior
2 Reaper,
1 Druid,
1 Ranger
1 Mesmer
1 Cronomancer
1 Daredevil

Err this proves literally nothing, its a loose assumption of a situation that may not likely ever happen. If party needs 1 mesmer they would sure as hell take the Chronomancer because they offer mesmer utility as well as added elite spec utility soo…

u never did high level fractals I guess ?

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Cyninja.2954

not the first unvalued thing in game isn’kitten plus there could be a new value created for runes anytime anet want. But why put gear skills behind a paywall?

should not skill decide if u play good and not if u are willing to spend 200 gold on a rune? (extreme example but it happen with sigils)

to follow ur logic all armor repair companies in tyria should created a disaster to the economic since it went free.

Skill does decide, and in spvp you don;t have to spend 200 gold on anything. PvE, well that is a different story.

Gold sinks are a requirement in mmos that are designed like GW2. Nothing you say will change that fact.

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Kill.3458

10 Man Raid Need
2 guardians
1 Warrior
2 Reaper,
1 Druid,
1 Ranger
1 Mesmer
1 Cronomancer
1 Daredevil

u never did high level fractals I guess ?

Yes that may be true (At 25 atm), that still doesn’t improve on your argument (using an ad hominem also doesn’t help), a Chronomancer has more utility to bring to a party than a mesmer spec on its own does, now if you were arguing DH vs bringing a support Guard maybe your argument would make a little more sense, as arguably DH bring nothing really to the party or the guardian spec as a whole outside of having a long bow.

Your gear still won’t be implemented as it is STILL a new tier, and ANet has said new tiers won’t ever be a thing, does it have a chance at becoming a feature for previous gear, maybe, but I wouldn’t count on it.

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Balsa.3951

Skill does decide, and in spvp you don;t have to spend 200 gold on anything. PvE, well that is a different story.

Gold sinks are a requirement in mmos that are designed like GW2. Nothing you say will change that fact.

People are really narrow minded its an MMO there will be always a tank and a healer u cant change that. Its an MMO there will be always mounts

u don’t own facts my friend, is it so hard to transfer the freedom of spvp to pve? what will change if I can fully focus on my pve skill ?

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Kill.3458

People are really narrow minded its an MMO there will be always a tank and a healer u cant change that. Its an MMO there will be always mounts

u don’t own facts my friend, is it so hard to transfer the freedom of spvp to pve? what will change if I can fully focus on my pve skill ?

Calls people narrow-minded, proceeds to say how he thinks the game should work, this thread is a joke. Abandon ship

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

I’m pretty sure they want to keep this functionality to Legendary Armour, but at least you can get that soon.

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

BrotherBelial.3094

Again, I can explain it to you I can’t understand it to you.

Your idea, as good as it is, will not happen. It will devalue too many things. ANet didn’t hire a guy to look after the in game economy for fun. This alone should tell you how much ANet care about peoples “digital wallets”

And just si there is no confusion, I don’t play the TP. It’s taken me 3 years to make my first legendary. And kit out my main in ascended gear. Yes playing the game is fun. But when I sell stuff, I’d like it to be worth something.

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Cyninja.2954

Calls people narrow-minded, proceeds to say how he thinks the game should work, this thread is a joke. Abandon ship

I know right.

Sure, let’s roll that way Balsa. While we are at it, why don’t we reomve gold alltogether since then people don’t need to grind for it. Let’s have item dispensers and people can just take anything they need or want, why force them to grind or farm or play at all.

Why have an ingame economy at all? Let’s make all skins freely available and remove any type of scarcity.

If you run around calling people narrow minded on basic economic aspects, you better be able to provide proper arguments. Arguing “because I think it’s more fun” is not sufficient without any type of factual backup.

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Balsa.3951

I know right.

Sure, let’s roll that way Balsa. While we are at it, why don’t we reomve gold alltogether since then people don’t need to grind for it. Let’s have item dispensers and people can just take anything they need or want, why force them to grind or farm or play at all.

Why have an ingame economy at all? Let’s make all skins freely available and remove any type of scarcity.

If you run around calling people narrow minded on basic economic aspects, you better be able to provide proper arguments. Arguing “because I think it’s more fun” is not sufficient without any type of factual backup.

don’t hijack my tread here and troll plz

u know that fun is most important in a game I don’t need explain the obvious

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

OP your suggestion sounds better than legendary gear with saving the runes. I agree with everyone else that this isn’t a good idea. You can keep arguing about it but there’s always threads like this. Anet won’t be doing anything in this regard. They already have everything planned out and it is way to late to suggest something like this because the phase for taking these types of suggestions is past at this point. So keep segueing if you’d like but you’d be better off farming more ascended sets. Personally I’m at 9 full sets now and have enough mats to make another with 3600 hours played. So it’s definitely doable to get 3 sets or so causally.

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Legendary gear really really really needs to hold every rune/sigil/whateva in it, and you can choose from the list while ooc, like the stats. Of course you have to add them to the legend first, but after that you should be able to switch between them.

They are legendary items. This needs to happen.

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

Legendary gear really really really needs to hold every rune/sigil/whateva in it, and you can choose from the list while ooc, like the stats. Of course you have to add them to the legend first, but after that you should be able to switch between them.

Yes, until legendary stat swapping includes sigil swapping it remains a fairly pointless feature. This has needed to happen since stat swapping became a thing. People should have to apply them to unlock them, but after that switching between the should be effortless.

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Cyninja.2954

don’t hijack my tread here and troll plz

u know that fun is most important in a game I don’t need explain the obvious

I’m not the one the majority of people disagree with. Obviously you do need to elaborate.

You never established that your system was more fun in the first place. It might be more fun to you, seems quite a few people disagree.

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

BrotherBelial.3094

Yes, until legendary stat swapping includes sigil swapping it remains a fairly pointless feature. This has needed to happen since stat swapping became a thing. People should have to apply them to unlock them, but after that switching between the should be effortless.

While I agree, it would be a bad idea. it would turn them in to the must have gear. prices for the mats to make them would skyrocket, rune/sigil prices would fall, all this could then have an effect on the gem to gold market. as the gold you’d get would end up not covering the majority of the mats you want to buy with it. this would in turn effect the gold to gem. Not to mention make other gear even more worthless. people will end up not buying exotic gear, as they would be better off saving there gold/mats for the new must have gear.

As the game currently stands, Ascended gear is only really for people who play FotM., or Hard core WvW, the rest of the game Exotic gear is just fine. so there is a market for it, same with the lesser armor, while you level there is a market for it. Not a big one, but one. Add a I can change everything about this item set. and you kill the tie’s below. Ascended would just be junked. Why waste time, money and laurels on gear that is now obsolete? Legendary was always meant to be best in slot. The stat swap was a convenience added to it. So if you spent all that time and gold getting it, you would not have to start again if that stat fell out of favor with the game. It was never meant to be the must have items. just something you might want to work towards, a goal. Much like the obsidian armor in GW, It cost crazy money, something like 1000K if you where to buy all the mats. It was the most expensive in the game, but didn’t offer anything better that the 25K armor.

ANet don’t want to add a “gear treadmill” some would argue there already is one. But adding something like rune/sigil swapping would defiantly help make one.

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

imsoenthused.1634

While I agree, it would be a bad idea. it would turn them in to the must have gear. prices for the mats to make them would skyrocket, rune/sigil prices would fall, all this could then have an effect on the gem to gold market. as the gold you’d get would end up not covering the majority of the mats you want to buy with it. this would in turn effect the gold to gem. Not to mention make other gear even more worthless. people will end up not buying exotic gear, as they would be better off saving there gold/mats for the new must have gear.

As the game currently stands, Ascended gear is only really for people who play FotM., or Hard core WvW, the rest of the game Exotic gear is just fine. so there is a market for it, same with the lesser armor, while you level there is a market for it. Not a big one, but one. Add a I can change everything about this item set. and you kill the tie’s below. Ascended would just be junked. Why waste time, money and laurels on gear that is now obsolete? Legendary was always meant to be best in slot. The stat swap was a convenience added to it. So if you spent all that time and gold getting it, you would not have to start again if that stat fell out of favor with the game. It was never meant to be the must have items. just something you might want to work towards, a goal. Much like the obsidian armor in GW, It cost crazy money, something like 1000K if you where to buy all the mats. It was the most expensive in the game, but didn’t offer anything better that the 25K armor.

ANet don’t want to add a “gear treadmill” some would argue there already is one. But adding something like rune/sigil swapping would defiantly help make one.

I have to disagree completely. It would do away with the current treadmill of having to craft multiple ascended sets even if you own a legendary, because swapping the stats when you change a build is pointless if you can’t swap the runes/sigils as well.

As it is, legendaries have a really interesting mechanic that nobody uses. Nobody is going to overwrite their expensive runes/sigils to go from a power to a condi build, so instead they grind out an entirely different ascended/exotic weapon, and soon armor, instead, and just apply the legendary skin to it. Not to mention, if you think most of the legendary weapons look like over sized joke weapons, the one reason that you might be interested in crafting it becomes an instant no go.

It’s a very nice feature for true BiS equipment, but in it’s current state it might as well not exist. It’s just another ascended with a ludicrous(purely subjective) skin and more particle effects.

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

BrotherBelial.3094

I have to disagree completely. It would do away with the current treadmill of having to craft multiple ascended sets even if you own a legendary, because swapping the stats when you change a build is pointless if you can’t swap the runes/sigils as well.

As it is, legendaries have a really interesting mechanic that nobody uses. Nobody is going to overwrite their expensive runes/sigils to go from a power to a condi build, so instead they grind out an entirely different ascended/exotic weapon, and soon armor, instead, and just apply the legendary skin to it. Not to mention, if you think most of the legendary weapons look like over sized joke weapons, the one reason that you might be interested in crafting it becomes an instant no go.

It’s a very nice feature for true BiS equipment, but in it’s current state it might as well not exist. It’s just another ascended with a ludicrous(purely subjective) skin and more particle effects.

the point of the stat change was because originally, legendary weapons like exotic, have specific stats, to you would have to transmute it to get the stats you wanted. A net later change it, so you could pick your stats with out having to transmute it. After all, getting one was not easy task. The point of a legendary is not to be able to have one set to rule them all, it’s so you can show off. The stat change was a QoL feature, that’s why they have not added the ability to change sigils already. if you where meant to be able to swap them freely, then they would have added it by now.

As I said, it would make legendary equipment must haves, and that’s not what they are about.

No one is forcing anyone to make multi sets of Ascended. If you choose to do that, that’s on you. Also every other MMO has this. In others I’ve had to have Tank and DPS gear. Ascended only really matters if you are heard core. And if you are, you are probably not short on gold.

Think about it. once you’ve bought them, that’s it. They are never needed again. soon items that would fetch you a few gold when you got it, would be greatly reduced in price, as the demand for it would fizzle out. In time all sigils and runs would be worthless. there are enough worthless items in this game.

And purely from an ANet stand point, why would they do that? it would mean that upgrade extractors would be a worthless item. Currently they are the only way to get your rune’s and sigils back with out junking your gear. And before you say no one uses them, clearly they do, or they would not exist. these serve as a gold sink and a reason to buy gems, with IRL cash, or gold to gems, both of which help ANets bottom line. this suggestion dose not.

(edited by BrotherBelial.3094)

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

the point of the stat change was because originally, legendary weapons like exotic, have specific stats, to you would have to transmute it to get the stats you wanted. A net later change it, so you could pick your stats with out having to transmute it. After all, getting one was not easy task. The point of a legendary is not to be able to have one set to rule them all, it’s so you can show off. The stat change was a QoL feature, that’s why they have not added the ability to change sigils already. if you where meant to be able to swap them freely, then they would have added it by now.

People who own a legendary would totally disagree. They believe Anet made legendary that way as a side benefit. And since they added the benefit, they might as well give them the rune/sigil switch ability too.

It is totally not because there are people who spend 2000 gold for a legendary and transmute it into a normal weapon. Because really, who would do that.

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Cyninja.2954

People who own a legendary would totally disagree. They believe Anet made legendary that way as a side benefit. And since they added the benefit, they might as well give them the rune/sigil switch ability too.

It is totally not because there are people who spend 2000 gold for a legendary and transmute it into a normal weapon. Because really, who would do that.

You are wrong, BrotherBelial is right. You are viewing legendary weapons from todays situation. Back in the beginning of the game and for over 1.5 years legendary weapons came with predetermined stats.

So if you wanted a berserker Twilight, you had to transmute the legendary skin onto an exotic (later ascended) beserker weapon to get the best in slot for your build again. That’s why arenanet implemented the stat changing. There, small history lesson for you.

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

imsoenthused.1634

As I said, it would make legendary equipment must haves, and that’s not what they are about.

I see your point. I still disagree though. What’s wrong with making legendary equipment more desirable? It’s still going to be much, much more difficult to acquire than simply getting multiple sets of ascended equipment. I’m still going to spend the same amount acquiring the sigils/runes to unlock those options for that piece as I would putting them on separate setups. You could swap builds without manually swapping out armor and weapons in your bags, but you’d still have to change the stats and sigils on each piece of gear. Just as time consuming. Really, the only advantage would be less transmute charges used, and less storage space. It wouldn’t be must have because, for game play purposes, having multiple sets of ascended would do the same thing, just with more clutter.

I could be wrong, but as someone who likes small, graceful, less flashy, more realistic skins it seems to me like making legendaries desirable for something other than the over the top effects and oversized skins would be pretty nifty. Since any actual stat difference would be an abomination, that leaves making them mechanically different/interesting/useful.

I mean, wouldn’t it be cool if you got some benefit from having two Incinerators vs one Incinerator and one ascended dagger transmuted with the Incinerator skin? Other than the AP for the achievement? I think it would.

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

laokoko.7403

You are wrong, BrotherBelial is right. You are viewing legendary weapons from todays situation. Back in the beginning of the game and for over 1.5 years legendary weapons came with predetermined stats.

So if you wanted a berserker Twilight, you had to transmute the legendary skin onto an exotic (later ascended) beserker weapon to get the best in slot for your build again. That’s why arenanet implemented the stat changing. There, small history lesson for you.

ya but if you search the forum. All the legendary owner will tell you Anet added stats switching as a QoL service. And since it is a QoL service, they might as well add rune/sigil switching too.

If you think Anet added stats switching because of historical reason, that is totally your opinion. But as far as I can tell, legendary owner will tell you otherwise.

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

laokoko.7403

I see your point. I still disagree though. What’s wrong with making legendary equipment more desirable? It’s still going to be much, much more difficult to acquire than simply getting multiple sets of ascended equipment. I’m still going to spend the same amount acquiring the sigils/runes to unlock those options for that piece as I would putting them on separate setups. You could swap builds without manually swapping out armor and weapons in your bags, but you’d still have to change the stats and sigils on each piece of gear. Just as time consuming. Really, the only advantage would be less transmute charges used, and less storage space. It wouldn’t be must have because, for game play purposes, having multiple sets of ascended would do the same thing, just with more clutter.

I could be wrong, but as someone who likes small, graceful, less flashy, more realistic skins it seems to me like making legendaries desirable for something other than the over the top effects and oversized skins would be pretty nifty. Since any actual stat difference would be an abomination, that leaves making them mechanically different/interesting/useful.

I mean, wouldn’t it be cool if you got some benefit from having two Incinerators vs one Incinerator and one ascended dagger transmuted with the Incinerator skin? Other than the AP for the achievement? I think it would.

well you know if rich people dont’ want to pay for extra sets. I dont’ know why poor people need to do it.

I think that’s where the dilemma come from.

But one thing is for sure, if anet is going to push people to using multiple sets, it became really annoying “and expensive” to get multiple sets and carry them around.

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

How about just creating a stat combination which can be played by every class? How about that stat combination would only need some (basic) skill to use, but would help at any content and be the nicest and fastest way for content? How about a stat combination where it doesn’t matter how experienced you are of if you are new? How about a stat combination everyone only has to build only one time (light/medium/heavy) and that would let them switch runes/sigils pretty easy? How about that these stat combination would be wanted by everyone?

Such gear and stat combination would be really awesome! Well, I think maybe we have it already!!!
It’s called: Ascended berserker gear!

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

imsoenthused.1634

well you know if rich people dont’ want to pay for extra sets. I dont’ know why poor people need to do it.

I think that’s where the dilemma come from.

But one thing is for sure, if anet is going to push people to using multiple sets, it became really annoying “and expensive” to get multiple sets and carry them around.

That ignores just how expensive the one item replacement for the set is. You can quite easily get multiple ascended weapons for the price of one legendary one. Not to mention, lots of people worked hard to get a legendary and aren’t “rich” by any means just because they have one. Anet isn’t pushing anyone to have multiple sets, it’s a choice if you want to run more than one build/setup on that character. What’s the harm in allowing someone to spend 2000 gold and have one weapon they can swap stats on. Should they, after working so much harder for a single weapon than someone who just went for ascended, be forced to turn around a make another ascended weapon in order to run an alternate build? Just because Anet decided to stop half way when implementing customizable stats? In the time it takes someone to grind for that single legendary, another player could already have three or four different ascended weapons with identical stats and different sigils for different situations. It’s not a case of giving legendaries some huge advantage. More a case of parity for the amount of investment required.

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

How about just creating a stat combination which can be played by every class? How about that stat combination would only need some (basic) skill to use, but would help at any content and be the nicest and fastest way for content? How about a stat combination where it doesn’t matter how experienced you are of if you are new? How about a stat combination everyone only has to build only one time (light/medium/heavy) and that would let them switch runes/sigils pretty easy? How about that these stat combination would be wanted by everyone?

Such gear and stat combination would be really awesome! Well, I think maybe we have it already!!!
It’s called: Ascended berserker gear!

raid mechanic: Adrenaline Poisoning: at 50% the boss will perform an unavoidable AoE, this attack does more damage the more Power and Condition Damage the victim possesses, can be reduced by Toughness and Vitality.

not a hard mechanic to add, but would be hilarious to see people in full zerker and no survivability dropping like flies.

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

Cyninja.2954

ya but if you search the forum. All the legendary owner will tell you Anet added stats switching as a QoL service. And since it is a QoL service, they might as well add rune/sigil switching too.

If you think Anet added stats switching because of historical reason, that is totally your opinion. But as far as I can tell, legendary owner will tell you otherwise.

You mean a legendary owner like myself?

You have this backwards, arenanet did not add the QoL service due to historic reasons. Historic reasons explain how it came to this QoL service. Stop trying to rewind the clock the wrong way.

(Suggestion)Trinity Gear

BrotherBelial.3094

I own a legendary, and I disagree with you, so there’s that. And I would do that. I really don’t like the great sword skins, and a lot of the others. If legendary weapons became must have or GTFO. I would change the look on everything but the shield. Most look like a child’s toy to me, but that’s my personal opinion.

As for the rune/sigil swapping, people.want it so they don’t"lose" the gold they spent on the other rune they bought. I can see there point. But I can’t see it changing. There really is no point, and I don’t believe for one minute that people switch stats that often. We all know what the meta is. And people don’t want to have to spend the gold again, when the meta returns to what it I now.