[Suggestion]Unlockable stats on ascended gear

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

First off, I don’t think broadening options for everyone should be restricted because it will upset a few.

Even a player who owns one or two full Ascended sets (armour, weapons and trinkets) now has access to all of the stats. He or she can then simply give the extras to any alt. The only way one can ‘lose’ with a change like this is if you’ve already crafted full sets of every possible stat combination available in-game for all of your characters.

Ascended weapons are in a pretty good place, but the armour is so outrageously costly and time consuming to make that it really ought to offer something more than a minor increase in efficiency. This isn’t something I would consider a waste of dev time, Ascended crafting is a significant portion of the endgame in GW2.

Can’t say I don’t understand that sentiment and I would normally agree with you, but it’s just something about Ascended weapons that just makes me feel that’s rewarding too much for too little. I agree the costs of armor is ridiculously high for what little benefit they give over exotic, which would – in all honesty – justify selectable stats for Ascended armor, but the weapons aren’t that bad.

I dunno, maybe the fair compromise would be – as loathe as I am to suggest this – to raise the crafting cost of Ascended weapons (which would suck for everyone in the middle of making an Ascended weapon) or make adding/switching stats extremely expensive to reflect the increased functionality? We would be crafting pseudo-Legendaries, after all.

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Maybe changeable stats on ascended gear is to strong (even if I would like it), how about a “light” version of it:

Make an NPC, where you can change the stats of an ascended item you own for a fee of some gold?

Then adapting my gear after a balance-change would cost me
6 armor + 6 trinkets +5 weapons = 17*fee gold
but wouldn’t totally trash my efforts.

Also drops with stats you do not like would have a value and don’t sit as unusable stuff in my bank any longer.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I suggested this very thing several months ago. Ascended armor should be stat variable given the costs involved in getting it. If the legendary crowd want to lose their [censored] because legendaries don’t feel unique enough, simply put a cooldown timer on stat changes on ascended items.

Legendaries can do it whenever.
Ascended can only do it once an hour.

As to removing sigils and such, didn’t they make an item in the gem store to remove them without breaking the sigils? I doubt they’d give that to players for free.

But ascended armor most certainly should have variable stats now that it can be shared account wide.

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Throw a completed Ascended weapon with an inscription with different stats into the mf, and you unlock the ability to change to those stats. Seems like a fair compromise to me.

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

Ascended was a mistake for Anet and now OP wants it to be par with Legendary? Changable stats is really is isn’t enough to make a Legendary a Legendary and now you want to take away that small feature and put it to ascended…. wow!

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

PS: I don’t think Ascended should be able to swap stats. Reserve that for Legendary items. We need stuff to strive towards in the game. It allows us to set ourselves some goals.

Cause crafting a full set of ascended armor and weapons isn’t a goal to strive for…?

This isn’t about changing a toon’s build… this is the selfish need to want to have an account bound weapon with adjustable stats that you can switch between your level 80’s… your post is about your sense of self entitlement… Gotcha!

The game already has that… it’s called a Legendary… stop expecting everything to be handed to you on a silver platter… go and do the work to get it or just buy exotics end of story…

Since when is wanting something automatically a sense of entitlement? …what?

Throw a completed Ascended weapon with an inscription with different stats into the mf, and you unlock the ability to change to those stats. Seems like a fair compromise to me.

Agreed. For those who are thinking this is a request for a hand out, the OP talked about an extra hoop like this that you have to jump through… for every single stat set that you want.

I think that’s more than fair, if not too much work. We are talking about a process that would still be expensive and time-consuming – just somewhat less so than crafting the pieces a billion times over for every toon and purpose.

Or words to that effect.

Morsus.5106

Ascended was a mistake for Anet and now OP wants it to be par with Legendary?

Exotics were on par with Legendary.

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

In GW1, characters had the option to save different loadouts to quickly adapt to different places in the game without the hassle of picking out each individual class feature and stat combination.

Wouldn’t that make alts redundant then?. Since why would I need an alt to do the very thing they were created for. When I can do everything on my main.

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Ascended was a mistake for Anet and now OP wants it to be par with Legendary?

Exotics were on par with Legendary.

And legendaries did not had changeable stats at that time (this was a feature they gained when asc. Was introduced). They weren’t more than a skin to be transmuted with an exotic that had the stats of your choice.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

Morsus.5106

In GW1, characters had the option to save different loadouts to quickly adapt to different places in the game without the hassle of picking out each individual class feature and stat combination.

Wouldn’t that make alts redundant then?. Since why would I need an alt to do the very thing they were created for. When I can do everything on my main.

Because templates don’t let you swap classes afaik. Do you have 2 different Guardians/Warriors/Elementalists/etc.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Expanding on this “idea” a bit, would it be so horrible for a set of MF recipes that allowed for ANY equipment to be converted to another stat set? I’m not talking about something cheap and easy, but a path of some sort.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

so since you are so knowledgeable about how to make a good mmo/game why have you not made one yourself?

One doesn’t have to be a creator in order to criticise.
Your argument is one of the most common logical fallacies used by the ill informed and those with poor debate skills.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Posted by: Maxwell.7843

Maxwell.7843

*This is a suggestion. *
For me its pretty good, so read it few times before you will start criticize it.

IDEA

Create elastic gear (since gear has stats) that would work well to help players use many builds, rest them and don’t punish them for mistakes, but help them learn and get better.

HOW?

The idea would be to create Ascended with one stats and then by mixing it in Mystic Forge with: new ascended insignias (so market is balanced), explorable item (scavenge hunt), and some skill points (sink) to unlock that new stats on that ascended weapon.

(…)

This is, in my opinion, a great idea and I would love to see it implemented.

Posted by: Funky.4861

Funky.4861

Look at this from anets’ side- they seem to like gold/material sinks and things they can flog in the gemstore. Mine is the only idea which will generate revenue for anet by either removing gold from the game or encouraging ppl to buy gems. If we want such a substantial change as this, i believe we should provide anet with an incentive to make it happen. Players’ happiness is far too fickle to use as an incentive ^^

A recap- create a gemstore item which destroys all upgrades apart from crafted AR infusions and returns the ascended item to a base-state whereupon its’ stats are reselectable (i’m still not sure whether to include teq weapons and wurm armours).

If you think this is too easy, then it can be expanded by having to acquire the ascended insignia/inscription with the stats you want and using elonian wine/skill point item/t6 mat/ecto/obby shard or whatever to fill the 3rd and 4th slots of a mystic forge recipe.

Pre-empt: As crafted AR infusions can only be used on backpieces and rings and asc jewels don’t exist yet, perhaps the jewelry should be destroyed but the crafted AR infusion returned to the inventory. Or just don’t bother with the expanded mf recipe already outlined.

Personally i’d rather keep things simple by just using a gemstore item. They could be treated like mystic forge stones (sold singly and in batches) but should be considerably cheaper or no-one will use them :o

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

I still completely fail to see how changeable stats on Ascended gear would be game-breaking and OP. We’re talking about 400 gold suits of armour, with a minimal % increase over the freely available Exotics.

As many others have stated, before Ascended crafting Legendary weapons were nothing more than gaudy and expensive skins. What ANet probably should have done was make Ascended gear and Legendaries completely equal – with the only difference being the skin.

Posted by: Bojoo.7819

Bojoo.7819

unlockable, thats the word most of you were searching

20ish skillpoints + gold for another stat on single part of ascended equipment coupled with highly functional templates mechanic would be mayor driver for build diversity

400+gold armor need some kind of horizontal progression and unlockable stats are the answer

you can even throw in swapable runes and sigils but in a way that in consumes sigil/rune and you cant get it out, only change it on fly

it would give players ability to upgrade their expensive armor and it would be effective gold/skillpoints sink

Posted by: SonOfJacob.7396

SonOfJacob.7396

Expanding on this “idea” a bit, would it be so horrible for a set of MF recipes that allowed for ANY equipment to be converted to another stat set? I’m not talking about something cheap and easy, but a path of some sort.

I was thinking if you put, for example, an ascended Berserker GS and an ascended Sentinel GS in the Mystic Forge with like five Crystals and an Eldritch Scroll you could make a GS with the ability to swap between these two stat combos (when out of combat of course).

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

I was thinking if you put, for example, an ascended Berserker GS and an ascended Sentinel GS in the Mystic Forge with like five Crystals and an Eldritch Scroll you could make a GS with the ability to swap between these two stat combos (when out of combat of course).

Well This would be too expensive and the idea is to not only save space, but also save grind and focus player on traveling to do something more for their horisontal progression.
Some people will have fun just to make their Ascended in pair of legendaries (but the cost will be even higher than making a legendary) .

It should be noted that the OP did not suggest free, any-time, unlimited stat changes. The post suggests a mystic forge recipe. Even a single ascended inscription is reasonably expensive (relevant exotic inscription + 10 Dark Matter + 10 Crystalline Dust + Deldrimor Steel Plated Dowel). Throw in a couple of other items as well.

The ascended weapons would have changeable stats, but it would cost about a quarter the price of an entire new ascended weapon each time. I hardly think that comes anywhere close to what legendaries have.

Mose people will just unlock what they need to adjust to the balance updates or will do it to check how would other build works. That should be encouraged in game not punished by making new items for each build you want to test.

I sure hope this will be noticed by devs and they will make CDI about it or just implement it. I’m not an expert but I see it would benefit most of the community (people with various interests would enjoy it).

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Sorry, but this idea is already reserved for Legendary Weapons and Armors.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Septemptus.7164

Sorry, but this idea is already reserved for Legendary Weapons and Armors.

LOL… Just because Legendaries got some QoL doesn’t mean Ascended cant get a less convenient system similar to it to help people in community and set new goals to people who for example are bored or rage quited when their ascended gear became bad with balance update.

And legendaries did not had changeable stats at that time (this was a feature they gained when asc. Was introduced). They weren’t more than a skin to be transmuted with an exotic that had the stats of your choice.

I agree 100%.

What most people fail to see is that ascended would still cost a lot and wouldn’t make Legendaries obsolete just because you could add to the a stat combo for 1/4th of their praise… LOL, so much more is with what Legendaries give…

I personally think that half of people who rush to trash the idea didn’t read fist post to the end or just didn’t understood it and didn’t bothered to read it again…
Well, they fail.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

so since you are so knowledgeable about how to make a good mmo/game why have you not made one yourself?

One doesn’t have to be a creator in order to criticise.
Your argument is one of the most common logical fallacies used by the ill informed and those with poor debate skills.

….where a critic may be well informed but poorly suited to do anything other than tear down other’s actual work….

A creator can exist without a critic…..not so visa-versa.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I personally think that half of people who rush to trash the idea didn’t read fist post to the end or just didn’t understood it and didn’t bothered to read it again…
Well, they fail.

I think that you completely failed to realize that different stat combos require different T6 mats. Zerker, Valk, Magi, whatever combo floats your boat, each require a different recipe and T6. So it’s safe to say that your idea will never come to pass.

Just get a Legendary if you want to switch stats on the fly. It’s one of the perks we get for investing so much time into making the Legendaries we have.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

PS: I don’t think Ascended should be able to swap stats. Reserve that for Legendary items. We need stuff to strive towards in the game. It allows us to set ourselves some goals.

Cause crafting a full set of ascended armor and weapons isn’t a goal to strive for…?

This isn’t about changing a toon’s build… this is the selfish need to want to have an account bound weapon with adjustable stats that you can switch between your level 80’s… your post is about your sense of self entitlement… Gotcha!

The game already has that… it’s called a Legendary… stop expecting everything to be handed to you on a silver platter… go and do the work to get it or just buy exotics end of story…

Since when is wanting something automatically a sense of entitlement? …what?

Agreed. For those who are thinking this is a request for a hand out, the OP talked about an extra hoop like this that you have to jump through… for every single stat set that you want.

I think that’s more than fair, if not too much work. We are talking about a process that would still be expensive and time-consuming – just somewhat less so than crafting the pieces a billion times over for every toon and purpose.

Wanting something for nothing is exactly that, a sense of entitlement…

Jesus Christ this thread is so full of entitlement it makes me sick… This is EXACTLY what is wrong with current MMO culture…

I WANT THIS NOW AND I WANT TO DO NOTHING TO GET IT!
MAKE EVERYONE EQUAL WITH EVERYTHING FROM DAY ONE!
#usesenseofentitlementtogetallthethings

Like SERIOUSLY?! Here’s an idea… you want it… do what EVERYONE one else did and work for it… to sit there and expect get something that gives you the same capabilities as something else for 1/50th the effort is appalling… to even TRY to claim it isn’t a sense of entitlement is a joke…

(edited by Solomon Darkfury.3729)

Septemptus.7164

I think that you completely failed to realize that different stat combos require different T6 mats. Zerker, Valk, Magi, whatever combo floats your boat, each require a different recipe and T6. So it’s safe to say that your idea will never come to pass.

So that it is co hard to add one recipe in MF for each stat combo?
Really? I though that MF has so many recipes already that it wont hurt.

Please read first post already… Different recipes in my idea include ascended insignia of new stat combo, so it would reassure that people would still need T6 mats just like for the normal crafting.

If it is a problem of creating item that has different stat lists for each player it might be hard to implement, (it can be true) but I would want to hear it from devs not from people who don’t know game engine.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Jesus Christ this thread is so full of entitlement it makes me sick… This is EXACTLY what is wrong with current MMO culture…

Like SERIOUSLY?! Here’s an idea… you want it… do what EVERYONE one else did and work for it… to sit there and expect get something that gives you the same capabilities as something else for 1/50th the effort is appalling… to even TRY to claim it isn’t a sense of entitlement is a joke…

I just checked through your post history. You really sure that you want to take that position, especially in such a rude and aggressive manner?

Solomon Darkfury.3729

I just checked through your post history. You really sure that you want to take that position, especially in such a rude and aggressive manner?

Excuse me? Checked my post history? Stalker much? Who does that?

Oh wait I am sorry are we not allowed to express opinion here?

Am I not allowed to say people with a sense of entitlement are toxic to the MMO environment as whole?

Am I not allowed to point out that ANYONE who thinks they should be handed stuff for just logging in should not be playing an MMO?

Can I not say that it is a ridiculous idea to think there are people in this world who point to things that others have worked UNBELIEVABLY hard for and said “It’s not fair they have those I want something that is functionally the same and not do the work for it!”

PUHLEASE!

Get this through your heads… ANET SPECIFICALLY changed Legendaries to change stats on the fly to DIFFERENTIATE them from (the at the time top tier) exotics…

Now the entitled who don’t want to put in the effort to get said items are clamoring to get that reversed and those that have them are to sit idly by and let it happen? Sorry but not on my watch…

As I said before I have TONS of ascended I would LOVE to have with switchable stats but NOT at the cost of diminishing the Legendaries… to do so would belittle all the hard work that people have put into making them…

There are a TON of EPIC exotic skins (I can name a couple of dozen at least with particle effects) people can craft for a quarter the cost of most legendaries then for 100g slap the skin onto an ascended and that’s still not enough… now you want to take the ONE differential that Legendaries have and that is switching stats on the fly? To do so would be APPALLING…

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Maybe after 2 years we will finally get build templates to switch builds on the fly

I was very disappointed this feature pack didn’t have this. I was sure we would get build templates. Ascended stats should be inter-changeable.

Septemptus.7164

Maybe after 2 years we will finally get build templates to switch builds on the fly

I was very disappointed this feature pack didn’t have this. I was sure we would get build templates. Ascended stats should be inter-changeable.

I would dream about build template that would also be gear stat template. For that I would wait a lot!

Labjax.2465

Except that if you would read the OP, you’d see that he’s not asking for something for nothing… he’s asking for something for something.

But I guess you just want an excuse to rant about your apparently favorite reason for what’s wrong with MMOs these days.

Also, you are using and abusing the word “entitlement.” What entitlement is, is when people feel they have a “right” to something. That’s not the same as asking for something or desiring it. I can ask for a cookie from the cookie jar without feeling entitled to one. It’s a very distinguishable difference in attitude.

Or words to that effect.

(edited by Labjax.2465)

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Except that if you would read the OP, you’d see that he’s not asking for something for nothing… he’s asking for something for something.

But I guess you just want an excuse to rant about your apparently favorite reason for what’s wrong with MMOs these days.

Also, you are using and abusing the word “entitlement.” What entitlement is, is when people feel they have a “right” to something. That’s not the same as asking for something or desiring it. I can ask for a cookie from the cookie jar without feeling entitled to one. It’s a very distinguishable difference in attitude.

1) He wants a capability that is exclusive to one type of item for 1/50th the effort…

2) You are wrong…. I use the phrase “sense of self entitlement” which means feeling you have the right to something…

Labjax.2465

1) He wants a capability that is exclusive to one type of item for 1/50th the effort…

2) You are wrong…. I use the phrase “sense of self entitlement” which means feeling you have the right to something…

How is this 1/50th of the effort? Gotta love hyperbole…

The idea would be to create Ascended with one stats and then by mixing it in Mystic Forge with: new ascended insignias (so market is balanced), explorable item (scavenge hunt), and some skill points (sink) to unlock that new stats on that ascended weapon.

explorable item – would be different item (or a group of items to combine in MF) from many contents in the world (gatherables/bosses/temples/dungeons/etc) that would add a bit for exploration and scavenge hunt for people who want to upgrade their gear. (!) but not a grind, more like do something not only pay for it.

And the reason you’re using it wrong is because you’re applying it to people who aren’t acting like they have a right to something. They’re just asking for something.

Or words to that effect.

Solomon Darkfury.3729

How is this 1/50th of the effort? Gotta love hyperbole…

explorable item – would be different item (or a group of items to combine in MF) from many contents in the world (gatherables/bosses/temples/dungeons/etc) that would add a bit for exploration and scavenge hunt for people who want to upgrade their gear. (!) but not a grind, more like do something not only pay for it.

And the reason you’re using it wrong is because you’re applying it to people who aren’t acting like they have a right to something. They’re just asking for something.

1) Do you even KNOW the ENORMOUS difference between crafting a Legendary versus crafting an Ascended?!

2) You are incorrect later in the thread he exposes his true motives… he feels he should be able to switch the stats around so he can swap the weapons from toon to toon… Which is exactly that… a feeling of self entitlement.

3) Here’s an idea… rather than try and debate semantics, why don’t you try and discuss the actual points with counterpoints? Or, are you bad at debating those as well and that is why you are avoiding them?

Septemptus.7164

2) You are incorrect later in the thread he exposes his true motives… he feels he should be able to switch the stats around so he can swap the weapons from toon to toon… Which is exactly that… a feeling of self entitlement.

Stop badmouthing me!!!
You do not know my intentions and you claim you do. You think that you know me? Really? On what bases you are badmouthing me?!

(Calmed a bit)

Well… I don’t have a problem with Ascended being BTC with switchable stats. It can happen when you add 2nd stat to the gear I don’t care. It should be a tool to adjust to build changes not to make one item to switch between multi characters….

I don’t know where did you got your ideas from… Really, talk about total misinterpretation of words and motives. Maybe better talk about deliberate misinterpretation, at least as I see it, but that is not really important…

I guess you still want to have a topic to write for the sake of just writing and saying how “you know better”, but I will stop answering you now and won’t do it again since all you need to do is sabotage the idea with no real arguments (like your 1/50 of the price – REALLY? When did you last looked in TP? – don’t even answer and don’t compare average ascended gear to sunrise which is 2 legendaries…).

So good luck posting to yourself , and stop badmouthing people just because you don’t like their arguments/ideas.

Summary:
What is good is that many people wrote the idea is good and pointed it’s balanced (could be more – sure).
Sure those rich who have a lot of legendaries will feel they didn’t need to far all that hard, but they don’t loose a thing. Players who hardly made ascended will have some options when their build requests them to change chats.

The idea to make it at NPC or create timer for swaps to make it even more inferior to legendaries is nice in my opinion. I would like that too.
The fact stays that ascended should have a way to adjust to build changes so people won’t feel bad (or rage quit), after spending months on gear that becomes unusable or makes them inferior.

(edited by Septemptus.7164)

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Stop badmouthing me!!!
You do not know my intentions and you claim you do. You think that you know me? Really? On what bases you are badmouthing me?!

(Calmed a bit)

Well… I don’t have a problem with Ascended being BTC with switchable stats. It can happen when you add 2nd stat to the gear I don’t care. It should be a tool to adjust to build changes not to make one item to switch between multi characters….

I don’t know where did you got that from… Really, talk about total misinterpretation of words and motives. Maybe better talk about deliberate misinterpretation, at least as I see it, but that is not important…

I guess you still want to have a topic to write for the sake of just writing and saying how “you know better”, but I will stop answering you now and won’t do it again since all you need to do is sabotage the idea with no real arguments (like your 1/50 of the price).
So good luck posting with yourself , and stop badmouthing people.

Summary:
What is good is that many people wrote the idea is good and pointed it’s balanced (could be more – sure).
Sure those rich who have a lot of legendaries will feel they didn’t need to far all that hard, but they don’t loose a thing. Players who hardly made ascended will have some options when their build requests them to change chats.

The idea to make it at NPC or create timer for swaps to make it even more inferior to legendaries is nice in my opinion. I would like that too.
The fact stays that ascended should have a way to adjust to build changes so people won’t feel bad (or rage quit), after spending months on gear that becomes unusable or makes them inferior.

I never bad mouthed you… I quoted you… there is a difference… You said yourself that you wanted to be able to move the weapons around between your level 80’s thus exposing your true motives for this thread…

Also how is arguing the difference between cost and time investment between a Legendary and an Ascended not a viable argument? To ignore it acting like there isn’t a HUGE difference would mean you are delusional.

Oh and Pssssst… Sunrise is one Legendary… you are thinking of Eternity…

The AVERAGE Legendary goes for almost 3.5-4k when to craft an Ascended you are looking at 100-150 gold if that… so using simple math that is one 35th the cost at BEST… Now that isn’t even discussing the time investment which is LUDICROUSLY worse for a legendary. If you have the gold making an Ascended weapon takes all of about 5 minutes…

A Legendary requires-

1) Gift of Mastery- (Gift of Exploration, Gift of Battle, 200SP, & 250 Obis)
2) Gift of Fortune- (77 Mystic Clovers, 250 ectos, and 250 of EVERY T6 mat)
3) Gift of (weapon)- (100 Icy Runestones, Two different gifts (weapon dependent), & a Sigil)
4) The Precursor- Saving for the precursor alone in most instances is going to cost you on average 1k in gold… that’s like two weeks straight of INSANE farming for 8-12 hours a day…

In regards to your statement about “the rich”… I assume you mean the people who worked their tails off to get what they have? You do realize you are only solidifying my argument over self entitlement right?

As I said you want it… work for it like we all did… What you are asking for is something ANET INTENTIONALLY switched AWAY from to help distinguish Legendaries from the next class of weapons… they won’t reverse it…

Labjax.2465

1) Do you even KNOW the ENORMOUS difference between crafting a Legendary versus crafting an Ascended?!

3) Here’s an idea… rather than try and debate semantics, why don’t you try and discuss the actual points with counterpoints? Or, are you bad at debating those as well and that is why you are avoiding them?

What “actual points” are there to counter? I’ve been countering what I see. It’s not my fault you’re not exactly putting out elaborate debating points.

Do you understand the fact that you can already craft multiple ascended items and keep them on hand, effectively using them the same way you would with stat swapping?

And oh no, big deal, he exposed his “true motives” that his main concern is dealing with alts… which still comes back to him asking for one simple thing that doesn’t indicate entitlement at all: An option to unlock a set of stats for swapping that takes somewhat less effort per-desired-stat than crafting an obscene amount of ascended items (and in fact, still takes a significant amount of effort from the way he is proposing it).

There is no war to fight here. You’re hacking away at shadows.

Or words to that effect.

Solomon Darkfury.3729

What “actual points” are there to counter? I’ve been countering what I see. It’s not my fault you’re not exactly putting out elaborate debating points.

Do you understand the fact that you can already craft multiple ascended items and keep them on hand, effectively using them the same way you would with stat swapping?

And oh no, big deal, he exposed his “true motives” that his main concern is dealing with alts… which still comes back to him asking for one simple thing that doesn’t indicate entitlement at all: An option to unlock a set of stats for swapping that takes somewhat less effort per-desired-stat than crafting an obscene amount of ascended items (and in fact, still takes a significant amount of effort from the way he is proposing it).

Buuuuuuuuuuuut….. he doesn’t want to spend the gold to craft additional Ascended… he wants his to have the same capabilities as a legendary for SIGNIFICANTLY less effort and he wants them because he FEELS (this is where the sense of self entitlement comes in) that he should have the ability to move them to his alts and swap the stats around… and ability that is EXCLUSIVE to Legendaries for a reason…

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

Buuuuuuuuuuuut….. he doesn’t want to spend the gold to craft additional Ascended… he wants his to have the same capabilities as a legendary for SIGNIFICANTLY less effort and he wants them because he FEELS (this is where the sense of self entitlement comes in) that he should have the ability to move them to his alts and swap the stats around… and ability that is EXCLUSIVE to Legendaries for a reason…

And who are you exactly to go around telling others what they are entitled to or not?

In fact you should citicise your own entitlement for a change.

You feeling entitled much? Because all your posts are bad case of missguided entitlement.

Can you tell us all when this sense of missguided entitlement first appeared?

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

(edited by MikaHR.1978)

Solomon Darkfury.3729

And who are you exactly to go around telling others what they are entitled to or not?

In fact you should citicise your own entitlement for a change.

You feeling entitled much? Because all your posts are bad case of missguided entitlement.

Can you tell us all when this sense of missguided entitlement first appeared?

Look up the definition of entitlement then get back to me…

I worked and earned everything I have…

I didn’t ask to have something changed in the game to make it easier on me because I felt entitled to it…

Labjax.2465

You are just reaching at this point. Do you have any idea how much gold it would add up to, to get an ascended weapon to the point of having every stat combo with the kind of system he’s proposing? (Here’s a hint: It wouldn’t be cheap.)

Honestly, it’s starting to sound to me like you have crafted a Legendary and you’re afraid of it being devalued.

Or words to that effect.

Solomon Darkfury.3729

You are just reaching at this point. Do you have any idea how much gold it would add up to, to get an ascended weapon to the point of having every stat combo with the kind of system he’s proposing? (Here’s a hint: It wouldn’t be cheap.)

Honestly, it’s starting to sound to me like you have crafted a Legendary and you’re afraid of it being devalued.

Let’s look at the current system shall we? This would be crafting from scratch on ALL of them…

This is based on 150g per weapon crafted.

Well, given there are only 10-12 USEFUL stat combos…. lets say 12 for argument’s sake… you are talking MAX 1800 gold…

If he just wanted to be pedantic and have the extremely worthless combinations , that makes it a total of 18 which would be 2700 gold which is STILL slightly below most Legendaries…

I would think that his method would reduce that cost significantly…

So I still have a valid point in that he wants a weapon with Legendary capabilities for significantly less cost (and time invested which you conveniently don’t mention) which is just not going to happen…

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Actually this pretty much needs to be a thing on all of their armors and heres why:

People have been talking about the fact that there is nothing in the setup to switch between gear for WvW/Underwater/PVE open world/PVE dungeons without carrying around vast amounts of gear with them and manually switching out their build.

They could easily have three – four set builds for these situations that switch automatically when a situation occurs. like swimming could switch stats on all gear spec and everything, while teleporting to the WvW maps or Eotm maps could switch again.

It would simplify the build system and it would make Wardrobe a bit more useful as you’d be able to setup these sets without a problem. They could even make it so that we could switch our bar selections for skills and elites for each set.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Labjax.2465

Let’s look at the current system shall we? This would be crafting from scratch on ALL of them…

Well, given there are only 10-12 USEFUL stat combos…. lets say 12 for argument’s sake… you are talking MAX 1800 gold…

If he just wanted to be pedantic and have the extremely worthless combinations , that makes it a total of 18 which would be 2700 gold which is STILL slightly below most Legendaries…

So I still have a valid point in that he wants a weapon with Legendary capabilities for significantly less cost (and time invested which you conveniently don’t mention) which is just not going to happen…

You do understand that stat-swapping is not the only reason people craft Legendaries… right?

Or words to that effect.

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Actually this pretty much needs to be a thing on all of their armors and heres why:

People have been talking about the fact that there is nothing in the setup to switch between gear for WvW/Underwater/PVE open world/PVE dungeons without carrying around vast amounts of gear with them and manually switching out their build.

They could easily have three – four set builds for these situations that switch automatically when a situation occurs. like swimming could switch stats on all gear spec and everything, while teleporting to the WvW maps or Eotm maps could switch again.

It would simplify the build system and it would make Wardrobe a bit more useful as you’d be able to setup these sets without a problem. They could even make it so that we could switch our bar selections for skills and elites for each set.

He’s not discussing armor he wants it on weapons.

Solomon Darkfury.3729

You do understand that stat-swapping is not the only reason people craft Legendaries… right?

Of course I do as I stated before I have seven Legendaries and almost double that in Ascended…

You do realize that ANET SPECIFICALLY gave that perk to Legendaries as a distinguishing characteristic from the next tier of weapons right?

Labjax.2465

Of course I do as I stated before I have seven Legendaries and almost double that in Ascended…

Well, that explains everything. You don’t like the thought of someone getting what you have for less effort. You feel entitled to a consistently equal playing field.

Or words to that effect.

Septemptus.7164

Well in the end it would even create ability to add option to include gear stats in builds. If they did something like that we can see in calculators it would rock to the core.

I don’t think only about armor, but all ascended gear. I think armors need it the most, but still weapons would still need some love.
Look at it this way: When you change a build you probably will change stats on all your gear, not only armors, not only weapons.

Well, that explains everything. You don’t like the thought of someone getting what you have for less effort. You feel entitled to a consistently equal playing field.

I feel the same and he already said that on 1st page.
Anyway you can stop answering his posts because and you pointed:

So i see no further points debating with Solomon Darkfury.3729. If you still do feel free to do it, but reasonable facts were discussed already as I see it.

Thank you all for supporting this idea, if you have any constructive ideas to add to it please do.

Two were already pointed out: time gating swaps and NPC gating swaps that would make ascended more inferior to legendaries which is good in my opinion, because lets face it, people who want to change build or test build don’t swap stats every 3 minutes and testing builds needs some time or effort behind it).

(edited by Septemptus.7164)

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Omg you quite literally have NO IDEA what you are talking about… you do realize that the entitled equal playing field is what he wants right?

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Well in the end it would even create ability to add option to include gear stats in builds. If they did something like that we can see in calculators it would rock to the core.

I don’t think only about armor, but all ascended gear. I think armors need it the most, but still weapons would still need some love.
Look at it this way: When you change a build you probably will change stats on all your gear, not only armors, not only weapons.

I feel the same and he already said that on 1st page.
Anyway you can stop answering his posts because and you pointed:

So i see no further points debating with Solomon Darkfury.3729. If you still do feel free to do it, but reasonable facts were discussed already as I see it.

Thank you all for supporting this idea, if you have any constructive ideas to add to it please do.

Two were already pointed out: time gating swaps and NPC gating swaps that would make ascended more inferior to legendaries which is good in my opinion, because lets face it, people who want to change build or test build don’t swap stats every 3 minutes and testing builds needs some time or effort behind it).

Dude… I’m sick and tired of you running your mouth and not coming up with one single VALID counterpoint….

Your WHOLE LINE OF REASONING is “Well it’s the way it should be”

Yet you have absolutely NO counterpoint argument to when I say ANET specifically chose to go away from that…

It’s like talking to a spoiled 4 year old and asking them to explain WHY they deserve a toy from the toy store and they say “Because I do”…

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i’ll say it again.

legendary gear are expensive, is due to the stupid skin.

the stat changing is a quality of life upgraded demanded by guild wars players since 8 years ago back in 2006.

source:
http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/smart-armor-system-v3-0-t10071643.html

Solomon Darkfury.3729

i’ll say it again.

legendary gear are expensive, is due to the stupid skin.

the stat changing is a quality of life upgraded demanded by guild wars players since 8 years ago back in 2006.

source:
http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/smart-armor-system-v3-0-t10071643.html

No… Legendaries are expensive due to the precursor and all of the mats involved in making it…