[Suggestion]Unlockable stats on ascended gear

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Of course I do as I stated before I have seven Legendaries and almost double that in Ascended…

Well, that explains everything. You don’t like the thought of someone getting what you have for less effort. You feel entitled to a consistently equal playing field.

Omg you quite literally have NO IDEA what you are talking about… you do realize that the entitled equal playing field is what he wants right?

I’m not sure you follow. I’m saying you feel entitled to others having to go through the same amount of effort as you to get what you currently have.

I’m just trying to show you that it goes both ways. You are accusing others of being entitled, while acting like you have a right to the game staying a certain way.

Try to imagine that in this scenario you had 0 legendaries and ascended items to your name, and no gold. Do you really think you would still be acting so vehemently against this idea and against the person who came up with it?

There is a distinct difference between arguing against something on principle and arguing against it because of personal reasons. I hope you are being honest with yourself and making that distinction.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i’ll say it again.

legendary gear are expensive, is due to the stupid skin.

the stat changing is a quality of life upgraded demanded by guild wars players since 8 years ago back in 2006.

source:
http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/smart-armor-system-v3-0-t10071643.html

No… Legendaries are expensive due to the precursor and all of the mats involved in making it…

if its for the stupid skin, then the
- stupid RNG precursor
- extremely rare tier 6 fine crafting materials
may be somewhat justified, since it is for a “super rare” vanity skin.
however, to lock basic stats changing feature behind that, is absurd.

at the moment, the grind for ascended gear, can be quite a grind, depending on the play style of the player. however, no real RNG is involved, especially since no super rare precursor is required, just lots of time gated materials.

given enough time, one will be able to afford ascended gear (weapons, armor, accessories)

so, if i craft
- ascended berserker chest armor
- ascended soldier chest armor

it is only fair that there is some special mystic forge or armor crafting method in order to combine them, so that it becomes an
- ascended berserker / soldier chest armor

it would be able to change the stats freely once unlocked step by step.

a similar process would apply for runes as well.

however, to be fair, 4 piece of runes would be needed, if an armor piece can swap between 2 stats. because,

ascended berserker chest armor of the monk
ascended berserker chest armor of water
ascended soldier chest armor of the monk
ascended soldier chest armor of the water

as more stats are added, more runes will be needed.

basically, each of our armor slots become infinite individual armor locker

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

i’ll say it again.

the stat changing is a quality of life upgraded demanded by guild wars players since 8 years ago back in 2006.

source:

No… Legendaries are expensive due to the precursor and all of the mats involved in making it…

- stupid RNG precursor

at the moment, the grind for ascended gear, can be quite a grind, depending on the play style of the player. however, no real RNG is involved, especially since no super rare precursor is required, just lots of time gated materials.

given enough time, one will be able to afford ascended gear (weapons, armor, accessories)

so, if i craft

it is only fair that there is some special mystic forge or armor crafting method in order to combine them, so that it becomes an

however, to be fair, 4 piece of runes would be needed, if an armor piece can swap between 2 stats. because,

“however, to lock basic stats changing feature behind that, is absurd. "

AND some people have severe case of entitlement for it.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

to grind and craft 2 pieces of same ascended gear but different base stats in order to be able to swap those stats freely is certainly not entitlement.

to ask for stupid skins for free, that is entitlement.

i’ll say it again, to lock basic stats changing feature to stupid RNG legendary weapons only, is absurd.

i am sure many people agree with that.

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

i’ll say it again.

source:

- stupid RNG precursor

so, if i craft

“however, to lock basic stats changing feature behind that, is absurd. "

AND some people have severe case of entitlement for it.

Like the majority that have been posting to this thread…

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

to grind and craft 2 pieces of same ascended gear but different base stats in order to be able to swap those stats freely is certainly not entitlement.

i’ll say it again, to lock basic stats changing feature to stupid RNG legendary weapons only, is absurd.

Most peopel agree with that. But i guess in this case gem exchange won and they wanna sell convenience, and legendary is many gem worth convenience.

Unfortunately it hinders horizonal progression (root of what this gameis supposed to be about) and even has a few bad side effects for a gem store too.

Ive asked ANet before for stats of how many people (out of how many people logged in since ascended crafting was introduced) actually have crafted ascended item. All i get is crickets. Its a simple percentage.

And no, crafting legendary worth of gold of ascended items just to have basic game functionality as legendary is not an answer.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

(edited by MikaHR.1978)

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Most peopel agree with that. But i guess in this case gem exchange won and they wanna sell convenience, and legendary is many gem worth convenience.

Unfortunately it hinders horizonal progression (root of what this gameis supposed to be about) and even has a few bad side effects for a gem store too.

Ive asked ANet before for stats of how many people (out of how many people logged in since ascended crafting was introduced) actually have crafted ascended item. All i get is crickets. Its a simple percentage.

And no, crafting legendary worth of gold of ascended items just to have basic game functionality as legendary is not an answer.

aye, thanks for the more detailed feedback than earlier.
i appreciate that.

well, at least we get to swap stats in structured players versus player freely.
that is a good consolation for me.

as for PvE / WvW well, kitten that.
i am still using full exotics armor and weapons plus ascended trinkets (basic non purposely checked box hidden shiny fractal back item, 2 accessories, 2 rings) and happy contented with that.

not going to chase after legendary weapons.

if i wanna swap stats, i’ll go structured player versus player for that.

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

I would like to see your idea. How do you suppose people can adjust to changes in the balance updates and check their builds?

Maybe you can add some ideas to the topic – that would be nice.
I kinda think there should be a way to make a horizontal progression that you mentioned and I thought that my idea would fit into it.

Please show some ideas.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

You do realize that ANET SPECIFICALLY gave that perk to Legendaries as a distinguishing characteristic from the next tier of weapons right?

You do realise ANet added that feature to Legendaries because the previous system where players reskined the Legendary on an exotic weapon of the correct stats would never work once they had to reskin their legendary on a much much more expensive Ascended weapon to get the desired stat right?

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

You do realize that ANET SPECIFICALLY gave that perk to Legendaries as a distinguishing characteristic from the next tier of weapons right?

You do realise ANet added that feature to Legendaries because the previous system where players reskined the Legendary on an exotic weapon of the correct stats would never work once they had to reskin their legendary on a much much more expensive Ascended weapon to get the desired stat right?

Yes, that’s true. This was the main reason to make that system.
It was to avoid mess coming from having reskinned exotics when ascended weapon crafting was introduced.