[Suggestion] Wynne's Locket

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

The issue with Wynne’s Locket:

Currently this item is not obtainable, because of the bugged Unforgiving Infiltration achievement, which is blocking players from getting their Seeds of Truth Mastery achievement, which is stopping us from finishing our luminescent armor set & bioluminescence collection achievement. (it’s been 100% broken since the stability changes patch)
I realize that a fix for this is being worked on & it will be eventually fixed, but I think this issue warrants more immediate attention, especially now with the gem store living story package deal(s).

Proposal:

Provide an additional method for getting Wynne’s Locket.

Proposed variations:

1. Remove the Unforgiving Infiltration from the Seeds of Truth Mastery meta achievement.
This would be probably the best way to go, it would immediately remove this roadblock & once fixed everyone could still get their achievement points for doing this later.

2. The Priory Historian at Camp Resolve could start selling Wynne’s Locket for 10g + 1000 bandit crests. (2000 crests would work too, to make it more in line with the required time investment doing the achievements)

(edited by Sina.9208)

Posted by: Qlimax.4853

Qlimax.4853

I agree, there needs to be a temporary fix. Wynne’s Locket is the last item I need to complete the Luminescent Armor set.
Please make it available at the vendor, even if the player has not completed the achievement.

Posted by: mike.5682

mike.5682

Support this….

Posted by: Gorath.8306

Gorath.8306

I agree………………………………………………………………………………………………

Posted by: DoIKnowYou.3896

DoIKnowYou.3896

Agree! It’s stopping me from getting the full lum armor.

Active Gw2 member who is ready to venture into the jungle! :)

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I think a better fix would be to allow all those ascended pieces needed for the luminescent gear to be obtained by another means not related to PvE.

As a player who plays WvW mainly, it’d be nice to actually obtain these items via another means in a game mode we play. Considering many of us are sitting on tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of badges, it only makes sense that this would be one means of getting rid of some of them. Not to mention all those ascended pieces link to those achievements contain stats better suited to WvW, not so much PvE.

Posted by: Haito Shtein.1085

Haito Shtein.1085

Agree. We need temporary fix, if you cannot fix challenge mote.

Posted by: robotosis.4872

robotosis.4872

temp fix, signed

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Odd I was able to do it just fine a couple months back, I have my full lumi set.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Garth Thurgen.1380

Garth Thurgen.1380

Odd I was able to do it just fine a couple months back, I have my full lumi set.

The bug is more recent than that, and is definitely an issue. I too have the full Lumi set, but I have a friend who doesn’t because she didn’t do the Challange Mote before it became inaccessible.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Yes, before the bug. Now you just can’t access the challenge mote at all.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I think a better fix would be to allow all those ascended pieces needed for the luminescent gear to be obtained by another means not related to PvE.

As a player who plays WvW mainly, it’d be nice to actually obtain these items via another means in a game mode we play. Considering many of us are sitting on tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of badges, it only makes sense that this would be one means of getting rid of some of them. Not to mention all those ascended pieces link to those achievements contain stats better suited to WvW, not so much PvE.

If you want luminescent armor, work for it. That was the intent behind keeping them isolated behind the new pve areas and LS episodes. They arent something that you can come along and buy everything instantly and instantly have the armor unlocked.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I believe they won’t mind a dedicated thread. Hijacking and spamming, now, that could be an issue.

I’m lucky enough to have done this when it was the active chapter but I 100% agree there should be a way provided to get the locket, that can be removed again once they fix the bug if needed.

Posted by: veronicasdiary.7605

veronicasdiary.7605

Agree 100%, this is getting absolutely ridiculous.

Posted by: Maileen.1065

Maileen.1065

Maybe they should just FIX IT….its been a known bug for awhile now…and if they can’t fix it maybe they should hire people who know what the kitten they are doing then.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Maybe they should just FIX IT….its been a known bug for awhile now…and if they can’t fix it maybe they should hire people who know what the kitten they are doing then.

They have a fix in the works, its posted IN the bug thread. Meeting the Asura(The one in which the mote is not appearing) Is going to be fixed. We rangers had to wait 2 months for our CLASS MECHANIC to get fixed. So yea, they take a long time fixing things.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Challenge-Motes-are-bugged-merged/page/13#post4980868

Theres the post stating that they have a fix in the works. Might be one or two weeks before it goes live.

as for this suggestion, i doubt it will happen despite how nice it would be for those who need it. if it does, i could get the locket before finishing the other two achievements for the final bit in the story. (i have had the mote done since it pretty much went live)

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

(edited by Dante.1763)

Sina.9208

They have a fix in the works, its posted IN the bug thread. Meeting the Asura(The one in which the mote is not appearing) Is going to be fixed. We rangers had to wait 2 months for our CLASS MECHANIC to get fixed. So yea, they take a long time fixing things.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Challenge-Motes-are-bugged-merged/page/13#post4980868

Theres the post stating that they have a fix in the works. Might be one or two weeks before it goes live.

as for this suggestion, i doubt it will happen despite how nice it would be for those who need it. if it does, i could get the locket before finishing the other two achievements for the final bit in the story. (i have had the mote done since it pretty much went live)

I for one would take passive aggressive pets over the incomplete armor eye sore any day. I also play ranger & got used to passive aggression so much I almost miss it at times. Every time I look at my missing boots though I have an urge to check forums, to press alt+f4 & do various other things. Even 2 weeks is an eternity when it comes to something like this & it’s been what 6? weeks now. I think the magnitude of this issue is similar to as if gift of light forging was broken..

I however understand that bug fixing is no trivial thing & it could be something immensely complicated, hence i made this thread ..

Attachments:

(edited by Sina.9208)

Dante.1763

I for one would take passive aggressive pets over the incomplete armor eye sore any day. I also play ranger & got used to passive aggression so much I almost miss it at times. Every time I look at my missing boots though I have an urge to check forums, to press alt+f4 & do various other things. Even 2 weeks is an eternity when it comes to something like this & it’s been what 6? weeks now. I think the magnitude of this issue is similar to as if gift of light forging was broken..

I however understand that bug fixing is no trivial thing & it could be something immensely complicated, hence i made this thread ..

And i would not. I never got used to it because i run dungeons on my ranger. It got bloody freaking annoying after the first day, and getting kicked from dungeons because of it got to be something that happened at least once every other group, and it nearly had me stop playing the game(Cant enjoy the content i enjoy because my class mechanic is broken. Getting kicked because of it, yay fun!). So yes, i would rather have this, than have my class mechanic be broken, sorry.

Again as for your suggestion. if they went with number 2. People like me could just go buy the locket and trivialize the other two achievements that i have yet to do. Ive finished the story, but i could still go buy the locket. Plus, the fix will probably happen before they ever decide to do that.

Number 1, would work, but with a fix in the works, its not going to happen. My opinion of course.

And yes waiting for a fix is annoying, its always annoying, but at least they have one now!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

(edited by Dante.1763)

Sina.9208

with a fix in the works, its not going to happen.

Yeah well, I’m trying to be more optimistic than that.

off:
I run a lot of dungeons too and pressing f3 enough made my pet behave at all times, not a single kick, even though I joined [5k+, zerker only, gear check] type of groups.

Dante.1763

off:
I run a lot of dungeons too and pressing f3 enough made my pet behave at all times, not a single kick, even though I joined [5k+, zerker only, gear check] type of groups.

Hey you can be as optimistic as ya want, i was just saying what i thought about it!
1.) Would work
2.) Would not

:3 I have no problem with your thread or you, im just very very tired of all the raving drooling people on the forum especially in that bug thread i posted who cant seem to read that a fix is in the way! (which you arent!)

off:
That might be way you didnt, i refuse to join any group that requires AP, Zerker, or gear checks, and i cant use my F1-12 keys easy because of shaking fingers, so it got very annoying for me.

Posted by: Acharyn.4738

Acharyn.4738

This would be a workaround. I don’t really want to spend 10 gold on something I should be able to easily earn.

Maybe add it for next to free if we have all the other achievements. Or just remove the bugged achievement.

Sina.9208

This would be a workaround. I don’t really want to spend 10 gold on something I should be able to easily earn.

Maybe add it for next to free if we have all the other achievements. Or just remove the bugged achievement.

Proposed variation 1 would work for you as well then.

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

Well, if its like everything else, just wait for HoT, then they can do something in GW2 besides the expansion like fix bugs. I could careless about this one, so many more important needs out there. As an optional skin, it is meaningless in this game, let the bug stay and focus on more important things like actual content or something.

Posted by: NewbiePanda.9237

NewbiePanda.9237

I agree. It would be a simple fix for now till you can actually fix the bug.

Posted by: Llethlin Dowr.3416

Llethlin Dowr.3416

PLEASE OH PLEASE FIX THIS ANET. At least acknowledge the issue.

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

Just make it purchasable through the SW vendor if you own that episode. A temp and relatively easy fix until they get around to fixing the quest.

E: Missed #2 idea, so yeah the same as that.

Sina.9208

Well, if its like everything else, just wait for HoT, then they can do something in GW2 besides the expansion like fix bugs. I could careless about this one, so many more important needs out there. As an optional skin, it is meaningless in this game, let the bug stay and focus on more important things like actual content or something.

The reason I made this topic is to suggest that they can in fact let the bug stay and focus on more important stuff by giving us a simple shortcut instead of a complicated bug fix.
Optional skin? It’s not only that. You get a piece of ascended armor of your choice + the Light in the Darkness title and even if it were only a skin it’s currently the most prestigious pve armor in the game (nothing else comes even close in terms of effort required) & it being broken sends a pretty bad message too.

Posted by: BigBadBoy.5408

BigBadBoy.5408

signed

Now how can we get it? optimistic

IoJ peasant
PvX

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

If you want luminescent armor, work for it.

And that’s the point. Currently you can’t work for it, because one of the achievements is plain broken.
Ironically, it was one of the easiest achievements to do in that LS chapter.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Sina.9208

It’s fixed < twelve chars >