[Suggestions] Gemstore Items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Maroah.8607

Maroah.8607

Karka back and Toxic head and shoulders!
I fact, just make all old skins available for purchase on the gem store and also implement new armor sets via regular gameplay.
(For example heroic and challenge modes on the dungeons with unique sets.)

(edited by Maroah.8607)

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Things I think would improve the gemstore, plus things I’d like to see.

-An armor section, divided by weight, with every standard armor set with appropriate gem prices (this is two fold, if the gem prices are right, it let’s people buy a whole set on sight for gems, instead of having to craft them or, worse yet, go item by item through an un-sortable trading post, clicking “preview” endlessly to find a look they like).
-At least 25 sets of town clothing for each sex of each race, broken into pieces so people can mix and match.
-Prices lower than 100gems for little cosmetic things.
-Prices lower than 20gems for individual emotes/animations (with 100 or so to choose from)
-Sunglasses that can be worn in combat (hey, don’t look at me, they broke that wall down with the Quaggan backpack)
-Swimming suits

Basically, yeah, I’d like the gemstore to look like a freaking store, not a mall kiosk

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Arin Loveheart.8963

Arin Loveheart.8963

Race Change Kit (due to personal story, make it have a “completed personal story” requirement

Posted by: phandaria.4891

phandaria.4891

Please bring back the old Air Elemental model. A new mini would be good so people have option. This should be very easy to implement as the model was already in-game.

I like my floating ball of plasma.

Posted by: snowfaire.2781

snowfaire.2781

I was going to put this in the suggestions forum, but apparently I don’t have permission to post in the suggestions forum for some strange reason, so I’m posting it here.

I really, really, REALLY want to be able to buy the Wintersday toy minis (princess doll, etc.) from the gem store. I did every single Wintersday achievement available for Wintersday 2013 (except the jp) and a ton of dailies and easily got my journeyman toymaker. Unfortunately, I really, really wanted both the plush griffon and the princess doll. I was seriously bummed when I learned I could only get one no matter how many Wintersday achievements I got. The other Wintersday minis that were buyable in the gem store (fawn, puppy, etc.) were OK, but not nearly as cute as the toys, in my opinion.

For those of us who didn’t play back in 2012, will we need to wait 5 whole years to get a complete set of the Wintersday toy minis =(? I really don’t want to have to do that. I would seriously buy all of them in the gem store for 300 gems each if only they’d become available. Preferably before next Wintersday, like ANet had the summer sunglasses in stock around Thanksgiving. I can’t be the only one who didn’t play in 2012 and still really wanted to get all the toy minis, can I?

This should also be easy to implement as the toy minis are already in game. Also, the one I want the most is the princess doll.

(edited by snowfaire.2781)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

This is the right place to put it now, they phased out the massive Suggestions forum no one had time to filter through and directed us to put suggestions in the appropriate subforum so the devs most able to implement things would be targeted.

Posted by: snowfaire.2781

snowfaire.2781

This is the right place to put it now, they phased out the massive Suggestions forum no one had time to filter through and directed us to put suggestions in the appropriate subforum so the devs most able to implement things would be targeted.

Thank you Donari. I don’t know much about the forums or post often. Some of these suggestions are really cool! Here’s hoping ANet puts the Wintesday toy minis in the gem store =)

OH also I’d love to buy an item that makes jumping puzzles easier. Something like the lightning thing in Sanctum Sprint that pulls you to the other side (but only usable in the PvE maps, not WvW or activities or dungeons such as the harpy fractal). Some people might think this is too P2W, but it doesn’t give you an advantage in combat…just jumping.

(edited by snowfaire.2781)

Posted by: KeyOrion.9506

KeyOrion.9506

Would like another flower back item. Maybe bluebells with the old Henge of Denravi glow back from the original Guild Wars. Or maybe sprinkling pollen as you run about. Liked how some of the plants from old original Maguuma would just glow.

When I’m cute, I can be cute. But when I’m mean, I can be very very mean.

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

I’d love to see this make a comeback aswell. I’m jealous whenever I see it on one of my guildies. I’d buy it in a heartbeat, I just started playing late August 2013 and wasn’t playing at the time of its release.
And the quaggan minis pack, they’re too adorable!

Posted by: Torface.1832

Torface.1832

I don’t know about some people but I would love if anet would come up with a new item for soulbound equipment. In case some people want to resell some of the soulbound on use items, they’ve used if they are deleting a character they don’t use anymore.

Though the idea probably had been put out there before I think anet would benefit I know a ton of people who would love to take weapons they’ve bought and used from trading post and resell them after they get something better to use. I even have a few shields and things I would like to sell.
I know other games have actually gone through with this idea and hey could probably make a lot off of this

Posted by: shogei.8015

shogei.8015

I would like to see the flaming armor from the Avatar of Balthazar.

Guild warrior for life!

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

-cantha expansion
-elona expansion
-DLC’s to expand tyria
you know, the things that made GW1 so popular and fun.

Posted by: Black Dragon.3784

Black Dragon.3784

Permanent repair kit

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I would pay to have a button to click that automatically switched my weapons and armor, and possibly have the same button also switch my traits to a predetermined spec, so that I don’t have to do all that clicking. Just reset my traits, hit a button and go.

Also I love skins. MOAR SKINS. And please consider giving awesome skins to weapons other than greatsword and the usual suspects.

Posted by: Mishee.5719

Mishee.5719

I would love to see a monthly “funboX”.
Every month there they will release a new “funbox” that will contain random funny stuff. Rockets, minis, funny notes/books, random dye (not a 5 coppar worth dye, some fun colour in general), finisher…etc. So we all can get a little present that will gives us something cheerful.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

The ability to purchase individual pieces of gem store armor, after once purchasing a full 800 gem set. (about 200 gems per piece or so)

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Folkren.6108

Folkren.6108

I don’t know about you guys, But I want a Race Change. If Anet isn’t going to put the work in for Charr, I want to be able to switch to their pet race. I’m tired of clipped armour, huge shoulders, backwards paw prints in the snow, etc. The excuse of the Personal Story is BS, the story and choices affect a handful of missions, then it blends together.

“Without the War, there can be no Victory.”
“We have purpose .”

(edited by Folkren.6108)

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

I would like for the women armor be treated with as much respect as the male armor. I would like for my big breasts to not be treated as balloons with no correct anatomy when comes hte time to design gemstore armor. Pls consider not being another one of those MMOs with battle-bikinis…

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

Posted by: Carlos.4371

Carlos.4371

CAPES !!! CAPES !!! CAPES !!!
Anet could make some money and we cape-lovers could buy those capes without any regrets, win-win

sorudo.9054

Anet could make some money and we cape-lovers could buy those capes without any regrets, win-win

……lol, i just had to do this

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

I would love to be able to purchase different animations that could be used as emotes. New voices would be great too, and maybe some new body-types for the makeover kit.

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

An item that can make any item of your choice un-soulbinded. Like jewelry per example. Not breaking it down, not splitting.. simply making it “new” again so you can give it to another character. Make it account bound until re-equipped could avoid people abusing this.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

Norn Shaman armor, Sylvari NPC armor, Norn town clothes, honestly… town clothes and armor…. Countess Anise set….

So far I haven’t seen a set I’d pay for. And, to be honest, they need to be duplicable.

Posted by: Athera.4506

Athera.4506

I don’t know if this has been suggested, but what about 1 account wide bag slot. Charge 1600 gems for it. You could put your unlimited harvesting tools, copper fed salvage kit and royal pass all in one bag and no more hassle of switching between alts. Huge convenience factor.

Posted by: Regh.8649

Regh.8649

Bring Rox’s Quiver back please…

When I began playing this game the last sale of this back piece ended like a few weeks ago (fact I realise after some research on the item).

Just this! The item already exists, so just put it back in there one more time ^^

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I really want Lord Faren’s underwear as a leg skin. I’d also like to see a blue flesh skin in the gemstore – for any race that is, not just the Sylvari – it’s so that I can look like Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen :-P

So I did some photoshopping of what these items could look like.

1st pic is me wearing Lord Faren’s underwear
2nd pic is me wearing Lord Faren’s underwear, dyed Starry Night
3rd pic is me wearing Starry Night dyed Lord Faren’s underwear with a blue flesh skin

PLEASE ANET MAKE THESE SKINS POSSIBLE – I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER :-D

Attachments:

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Posted by: Hofulu.7325

Hofulu.7325

I don’t know if this has been suggested, but what about 1 account wide bag slot. Charge 1600 gems for it. You could put your unlimited harvesting tools, copper fed salvage kit and royal pass all in one bag and no more hassle of switching between alts. Huge convenience factor.

that would be awesomeeeee

Posted by: pyxell.4907

pyxell.4907

I wonder if you would consider creating a new boost / service item that can be purchased from the Trading Post (such as merchant, bank, trading post agent,but for armor repair and usable for everyone in the area?

When exiting “Evacuate Lion’s Arch,” its inconvenient to use the airship as it drops you back at vigil keep, and its also a bit of a run to get to town to repair the armor as well. I think it could be a hot item!

Also, a variety tool SET with unlimited axe, scythe and pick. Get all three at once!

Vile Nightshade 80 Necromancer
Scarlet Fairwood 80 Ranger
I intend to live forever! So far, so good!

Posted by: Entashe.5427

Entashe.5427

Another zone like the Royal Terrace, except it will be base in the mist. Much like the Mistlock Observatory with more ruins, broken statues sunken into the ground or carved on another floating landmass. Some crystal flora and moss growing on ruins/ground etc.. because, why not it is visually pleasing to the eyes plus its the mist weird things are the norm.

The size should be a bit more or just half of the The Upper City of Divinity Reach. I mean the npc being close to each other is great e.g Royal Terrace but I can take a few more steps if the scenery is pretty enough.

All the npc should be located on one landmass to increase the likelihood of meeting another player. Having multiple platforms for different services like crafting, mystic forge etc.. connected by stairs seem grand and all but I feel it causes too much isolation between players.

If there is going to be a large ruin (e.g covers 1/4 of the area) right in the middle of the zone, players should be able to walk through it for example the portal connecting players to this area is located under this ruin with branching pathways to your desired npc. You know logic no walking around in circles.

Hmm a bit of lore to make it all fit in the gw2 universe.
A secret closely guarded the by the most famous and wealthy merchants of Tyria. (the name of this place, I am bad at giving names) a place where veteran merchants of distant lands meet and trade their exotic goods with one another. I Evon Gnashblade regretfully relinquished this secret to you for a price of course, ever since Ellen Kiel made me quartermaster months ago during the Scarlet Disaster (I told you I was bad at names) the Black Lion Trading Company has suffered grievous blows to it coffer and is in dire needs for immediate funds.

So why doesn’t Evon use this secret to rebuild his company? Well he is still greedy and doesn’t want the peasants I mean everyone from knowing or else to the Black Lion Company would go out of business. So he is only selling to certain individuals e.g us for a hefty price.

Since this place has different merchant from various parts of Tyria, with future expansion for example Elona, you can add for example an Elonian merchant with his dolyak arriving through the portal visiting various npc before leaving through the portal.

If you were to add this I am willing to pay 40000 gems for it, but if you were to put such price I fear players might attack you with their pitchforks and such. How about 30000 or 25000 for a permanent pass of course. The temporary one could be 200 gems or so for 2 weeks…

sorudo.9054

Bring Rox’s Quiver back please…

When I began playing this game the last sale of this back piece ended like a few weeks ago (fact I realise after some research on the item).

Just this! The item already exists, so just put it back in there one more time ^^

not just back, it should stay permanently.
there is no reason to remove the skin and many players (like me) like to play a ranger with quiver.

to ad, ad more quiver skins for us ranger players.
also have 2 versions, the back fastened and the belt fastened.
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/skydb-mod/imgs/7/2/7209c453.jpg
http://static-1.nexusmods.com/15/mods/110/images/35717-3-1367814640.jpg

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I would like to see a medium armor that wasn’t skimpy but stylish & didn’t involve a coat & A light armor that doesn’t involve a butt-cape, a drape of some kind, a robe, a dress or a skirt- just normal, flattering pants that can mix well with other armors.

Posted by: Angel Lovecraft.5013

Angel Lovecraft.5013

This would be great. Even an 8 slot bag would be adequate.

Posted by: Angel Lovecraft.5013

Angel Lovecraft.5013

GW1 Deldrimor Light Skin in the Monk style

Attachments:

Posted by: Avelos.6798

Avelos.6798

BLADE SHARD MINING NODE FOR HOME INSTANCE!

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I want really expensive elite/legendary armor skins.. like around 6k gems worth.. just skins that are really expensive and is only available for like 2 days and race/profession specific. It can be something that can be bought with RL money for all i care (no gold to gem conversion), a new kind of currency or whatever. But it better be the best armor they ever designed and have a very very cool effect, like changing skill colors (like mesmers’ from purple to red or something). Or like a reward for loading up 6k gems for a specific week.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

Posted by: Matroos Mark.9180

Matroos Mark.9180

I wouldn’t mind a Waypoint Kit for the (Home) Instance. Just like the Nodes etc. that we now have in the (Home) Instance, but just adding a Waypoint for the lazy people like me.

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

really?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I wouldn’t mind capes if they look like capes. I’ve never seen an MMO cape that wasn’t a stiff little panel hanging down the back. No use for warmth, for style, no billow to it. Give us cloth physics, dynamic motion, and enough fabric to make it actually behave as a useful garment, and I’m sold. Then add in dye channels for embroidered hems, fur, and trim or patterns in the cloth and I’m hooked.

But those stiff rectangles? Meh, all they do is block the view of the decent armor underneath.

Posted by: Avelos.6798

Avelos.6798

really?

Yes, really.

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I have so many I don’t know what to do with them. If they added more recipes I could understand but as of right now only the back piece needs it.

Posted by: DarkRunic.7694

DarkRunic.7694

maybe a two handed cross spear selection for heavy’s

Darkness like ripples on a pond from water drops that flow on into a ever lasting deluge
pm: Heavyblades on Lionsgate server
Leader: Sword Born guild (SBG)

sorudo.9054

really?

Yes, really.

no way….(had to finish it :P)

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

permanent repair kit
permanent trait reset
any good elementalist’s finisher (like spectre for thief)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

A helm that is a halo. Not a consumable that lasts for only an hour and only if you don’t waypoint and then has to be reapplied or a costume that can’t be used in combat but a helm for 100% use in combat and not. Modeled on the Guild Wars 1 halo. Gold with sparks coming off it. I would gladly pay 800 gems for this.

Attachments:

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Caro.2730

Caro.2730

I want this in the gemstore.

Attachments:

Posted by: Seraphina.6859

Seraphina.6859

I want this in the gemstore.

I want this too but strictly as a normal armour skin, not town cloth.

Also, I’d like to see Taimi’s hair in hairstyle and total makeover kits.

Posted by: bobbles.5940

bobbles.5940

Can I please get some town clothes trousers ? I’m fed up of pervy Asura’s looking up my skirt while i’m sat on my riding broom , Thnx

sorudo.9054

Can I please get some town clothes trousers ? I’m fed up of pervy Asura’s looking up my skirt while i’m sat on my riding broom , Thnx

…..ok, i was reading that in a whole different way……0_0

Posted by: Prod.3610

Prod.3610

I would be surprised if this is not the meta of attack on lions arch

My Idea

Armor and Weapon ‘Swap-Slots’:

Ever struggled with over-cluttered bags, had problems finding the weapon you need for the next encounter or simply sold your gear because it slipped into the wrong bag?

The Swap-Slots could cure all of these problems. For the sweet price of 400 Gems you could get a Weapon-Swap-Slot or go all the way to 800 Gems for an ArmorSet-Swap-Slot.

How it would work:

If you buy a Slot a small arrow will appear next to your Weapons or Headpiece that will allow you to swap out your current gear with a second Set. The first time you do this you will be naked as these are practically new Equipment-Slots. But once your second Set is equipped you can switch back and forth between the 2 (or more) sets as long as you are out of combat. The Items of your 2nd set will appear in the left part of the character-window (so you don’t forget you have them) but not in your bags.

Your Gain:

*Easy and fast Role-Switches (Zerker to Soldier to Healing in no time)
*Free Bag-space
*Never accidentally sell your gear

Example:

Attachments:

Posted by: jmt.8517

jmt.8517

MOUNTS!!! not necessarily running faster just On top of something. I would easily pay a few thousand gems for this..