[Suggestions] Gemstore Items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Razvan.9763

Razvan.9763

I forgot I’d like to see aviator sunglasses again. Not just the circle glasses. Maybe some other styles of sunglasses too!

SUN GLASSES! I will give you my money.

And FULL SIZED ANGEL WINGS… again…

Posted by: Ashandar.2570

Ashandar.2570

I’d love a magitech Asura-ish greatsword, like lots of mini-cubes suspended in a sword shaped energy field or something similar.

In due time, all will serve the asura.

Posted by: Irishman.6534

Irishman.6534

I would love to see Kasmeer’s Staff on the market again. I’d pay good money for that.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’d love a magitech Asura-ish greatsword, like lots of mini-cubes suspended in a sword shaped energy field or something similar.

Have you checked out the Super Greatsword and the Fractal Greatsword? They sound kind of similar to what you might be after.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I was particularly fond of the Aegis Of Unity from Guild Wars 1 and would love to have it back. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Aegis_outfit_f_dye_chart.jpg

Attachments:

Posted by: Ashandar.2570

Ashandar.2570

Have you checked out the Super Greatsword and the Fractal Greatsword? They sound kind of similar to what you might be after.

Yes I have the super greatsword right now actually on my asura mesmer, but what I’d like is something more Asura-technology. The current ones, glyphic, inquest, T3 cultural etc have rather boring skins, I find them rather chunky. Floating cubes are part of the Asura culture, so I just made a suggestion based on that.

In due time, all will serve the asura.

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I’d like to see better faces for humans/charr/asura/norn/sylvari
not some cheap reskins of older not as appealing faces
How about more african & Indian faces? For humans there is only 1 face that looks natural when trying to make someone of elonian descent- the others you have to edit to a point to where it looks weird & unnatural or like they have a really bad tan.
For charr I think actual lion faces/manes. for male & female charr- new horns too.
Asura, no more creepy childlike faces. How about actual creature-like? new ears as well.
Sylvari – they were on the right track until the reskinned faces appeared
norn – more tattoos with new colors & faces that arent reskinned

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

I like that we have kitten minies and stuff but as a Dog lover I’d really like that we got some different Dog breeds as minies. Huskies, Labradors, Dobermans, even those small pesky ones :P

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Chasinda – I agree with u. Horns for charr, ears for asuras, tattoos for norn…. – the Racial features are kinda few and have been around since release! And for some races thay are a major feature (like for charr for example).

And faces/hairs are Always nice – but no reskins plz!

Edited: What Stin Vec says below! +1 for that!

Kima & Co

(edited by Frostfang.5109)

Posted by: gmortillaro.1753

gmortillaro.1753

What I want most from gem store is an axe and a sickle that gives me something extra like the Watchwork Mining Pick. I had the other infinite gather tools and bought the Watchwork Mining Pick just for the bonus drop. I don’t even care what the bonus is maybe a increase to gather rarer items or extra gathers (I get 4 or kittens rather than 3 from non-rich nodes every once and a while).

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

In addition to integrating the makeover kit into the Hero Panel, please start working on and offering additional customizations for the various species in the game:

Charr:

• Horns
    (and dyeable horns or darkness/lightness sliders for the horn color)
  • Tail styles/lengths
  • Fur markings
  • Piercings/Horn decorations
  • Tail decorations/attachments

Norn:

• Tattoos/scars
  • Piercings
  • Facial hair styles
    (I don’t think new hairstyles have ever included new facial hair styles, have they?)
  • Makeup

Asura:

• Ears
  • Piercings
  • Skin patterns
  • Tattoos/scars
  • Makeup

Sylvari:

• Piercings/Ornamentation
  • Bark/leaf markings/patterns
  • Bark/leaf styles
    (currently can choose between 1 bark or 1 leaf type)
  • Glow Enhancements
    • always on
    • gradient coloration
      (red at feet transitioning to orange at the head, blue to white, etc.)
    • styles like fading wave from toe to head instead of pulsating
  • Bark etchings
    (tattoos :P)

Human:

• Tattoos/scars
  • Piercings
  • Facial hair styles
  • Makeup
| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

In addition to integrating the makeover kit into the Hero Panel, please start working on and offering additional customizations for the various species in the game:

Charr:

• Horns
    (and dyeable horns or darkness/lightness sliders for the horn color)
  • Tail styles/lengths
  • Fur markings
  • Piercings/Horn decorations
  • Tail decorations/attachments

Norn:

• Tattoos/scars
  • Piercings
  • Facial hair styles
    (I don’t think new hairstyles have ever included new facial hair styles, have they?)

Asura:

• Ears
  • Piercings
  • Skin patterns
  • Tattoos/scars

Sylvari:

• Piercings/Ornamentation
  • Bark/leaf markings/patterns
  • Bark/leaf styles
    (currently can choose between 1 bark or 1 leaf type)
  • Glow Enhancements
    • always on
    • gradient coloration
      (red at feet transitioning to orange at the head, blue to white, etc.)
    • styles like fading wave from toe to head instead of pulsating
  • Bark etchings
    (tattoos :P)

Human:

• Tattoos/scars
  • Piercings
  • Facial hair styles

you forgot something
Human:

• make-up

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Bring back Watchwork Pick. Again.

So I can buy it!

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

[…]

you forgot something
Human:

• make-up

Good call!
Added that in now to all but charr (too hairy to have makeup) and sylvari (doesn’t seem appropriate for them with the glow and bark and all).

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Quincy.2198

Quincy.2198

Can we get a chance to get this wizard hat again? It was from Wintersday 2012, but I missed it… Since we can wear hats in PvP too, I’d love to wear one!

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

Posted by: Gaebriel.3754

Gaebriel.3754

I wouldn’t mind some more GW1 armour conversions! Also, nostalgia sells (though I can’t really say that in this case, since it was GW2 that inspired me to check out GW1). :P
Especially the Ritualist set with the coloured beads, and the Elementalist set with the translucent parts.

Posted by: Joyeuxz.6738

Joyeuxz.6738

Kasmeer’s Staff skin. Pleaseeee.

|Darkhaven WvW|
Mesmer – Joyeuxella [SeVn]

Posted by: ena.4630

ena.4630

I would like to have Kasmeer’s staff on gem store, too…. or a recipe to craft it

Then i would like to purchase that pretty bunny ears that were avaible during the last winter.

And a halo like angel, too

Posted by: meowzibub.7451

meowzibub.7451

rox’s quiver and short bow
kasmeer’s staff
Marjory’s weapon
bunny ears
aviator shades
angel halo poition

(edited by meowzibub.7451)

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

I can spend the last year’s zephyrite scraps, but not this year ones?
Hmm that’s not really logical to me. Can it be unlocked, please?

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Posted by: tekfan.3179

tekfan.3179

Ley Line armor skins with effects.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

LEY LINE ARMOR! Yes please.

I’m still waiting for anet to make a kasmeer’s bikini and lord faren’s underwear skin for the gemstore. Anet, if you want my money, that’s one way to make me spend it…

I’d also like to see dyes that give special effects and animations like sparkles and glow etc.

There should also be something that can give us a permanent form of this particular glow as shown below (whether in tonic form, or dye form). I got it for a few seconds while consuming some food item that gave me a skillpoint when doing map completion in an area. It reminds me of the special effects that GW1 bosses had – that same sort of plastic-wrap glow around them, only, its color depends on which profession it is.

Edit: I would also like to see items in the gem store that allow us to change the color of our class-specfic weapon animations/special effects. Like for example, the guardian always has cyan colored animations (greatsword etc.) and a lilac colored shield for Aegis, as another example. What if I want a bright red animation when I swing my greatsword? And a red colored Aegis to match it?

I have a dark, glowing-eyed looking guardian (I like to be a rebel in that regard :-P) and cannot make him exactly how I want with cyan colored special effects. With this, I could!

An item to change the color of said animations/effects of weapons would be awesome. It would only be worth it though if other players could also see it too, otherwise it would kinda be pointless.

Edit 2: added a picture of my guardian. I photoshopped the aegis to a pink’ish shield (couldn’t get it to a good red so this will have to do). But yeah, this is what I mean by being able to color the class/profession-specific weapon effects.

Attachments:

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Posted by: GenoGar.5497

GenoGar.5497

I really want a Heavy Armor helmet that doesn’t hide my hair. Medium and Light have masks, eye patches, headbands, tiaras, blindfolds, and paints that don’t hide their hair but almost every Heavy helmet is some cover that turns me bald. The only ones that don’t are glasses (which is a hit or miss depending if you want immersion or going for looks) and Icelord’s Diadem which is a HoM only item and undyeable.

Please in the future include something for heavy armor users to have on their heads that don’t turn them bald. As long as I can put Quaggan hoodies, tophats, and other ridiculous items on my head, there shouldn’t be a reason that heavy helmets couldn’t be a bit more lenient on their theme.

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

I feel like my post is just going to get buried in such a big thread as this but..

I’ve been wanting this for awhile and I’m sure I’m not the only one who would like this. I would like a legitimate dress in this game, for my Mesmer. No, I do not want to wear leaves (TA Armor) or ragged cloth (Arah Armor), I want a legit dress. Something like the dresses that you find some female NPCs in Divinity’s Reach wearing or at least something like Countess Anise’s outfit.

The concept art for the Mesmer depicts the Mesmer wearing a dress, yet there is nothing of the sorts to wear in-game.

Also, a kimono outfit and a katana skin would be nice; would fit the theme my Thief has.

YES I want that outfit the concept mesmer has!! with the fishnets and striped top with bolero-omg it would be SO BEAUTIFUL

I kinda agree with the kimono thing but no game has ever done a good concept of one simply bc they don’t know the ‘anatomy’ of a kimono or pay attention to how it actually looks bc of laziness or ignorance of the clothing culture.

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

I want a violin or a cello as the new musical instrument!
Also, would it be possible for opalescent based dyes?
New armor skins based on Elonian, Vabbi type fashion!

Posted by: Veckna.9621

Veckna.9621

Having a chance to get Rox’ Quiver would be neat as I wasn’t around for when it was on sale, I’m sure a lot of people fancy it as well.

Posted by: Yureii.4236

Yureii.4236

Phantom’s Hood
Celestial hair color (pure white, like the celestial dye)

RoyalPredator.9163

Some realistic Greatsword would come handy by now, whith such cool blade shapes like Dhuumseal’s and Vanguard’s, I prefer Dark Steel as material. I’m sad because my Dhuumseal’s handguards are such bulky… :/ And not sure if I want to swap to Vanguard, because that one has bit way tiny and shiny blade and iron-blue handguads which doesn’t go well with Abyss armor.

However, my biggest problem is still the leather brown Rox’s Quiver.
Some back pack item isn’t that unique, they could be dyeable…

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

MOUNTS! Totally kidding. HAHAHAHA

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

Astral Projections.7320

Mounts huh.

I’m going to push my suggestion then for a costume /tonic that makes you look like you are riding a mount.

The costume/tonic has no speed boost and only costume brawl skills. If a tonic, your character is replaced with a generic one riding the mount. If a costume, the top half remains your character while the bottom half is replaced by a mount.

Picture included is of a novelty item but gives an idea of what the costume one would look like. Top half is character and bottom half is costume. The mount can be 2 legged, 4 legged, or winged but only flies as high as the witches broom. No jumping ability.

Attachments:

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

Personally I desire more items with special effects inside the Gem Store, fun items, and items that make me feel strange. I hate having the same characters over and over again; I like them how they are, but more diversity in special effects and transformation is really welcomed.

I wish I can be transformed like a fly or bug or any other insect in WvW and PvP and have fun with the character transformed like that.

I wish all my items would glow because I have money to give in gem store. I do not want copy of achievements and items like unique legendaries, but something special and beautiful in effects.

I have powerfull computer with HD graphics, and particle effects; with this having no fun from gem store, there is no point in making me spend money and/or gold.

Posted by: Metal Maniac.7435

Metal Maniac.7435

“Transformation Charges”

You remember those tonics we used to get in the first couple months where you could transform yourself into a raptor or a hawk or what-have-you for a few minutes? I’d like to see those brought back using a system similar to the new Transmutation Charges. It would work something like this:

Unlock forms (skins) by getting achievements, buying them in the gem store, opening a black lion chest, etc. Every time you unlock a new skin, you get 5 “Transformation Charges”. You use these charges to transform yourself into a form that you have unlocked any time that you are not in structured PvP.
The transformation lasts for 1 hour or until cancelled by the player and cannot be cancelled by being struck by an enemy (like when you have a musical instrument out and a devourer pokes you in the shoulder and ruins your awesome solo). The transformation will also persist through death.
All skills (including downed skills) are replaced with non-combat skills or…maybe costume brawl skills? Anyway the point is you can’t fight normally.
Activating a transformation is done through the Hero Panel in the Wardrobe Tab (or a new “Shapeshifting” tab).
Additional charges can be bought for gems in packs of 5/10/25 or with laurels.

The main reason I want this is because there was a spur of the moment joke I pulled on somebody that I wish I’d recorded, and currently there’s no way for me to repeat it because I can’t transform at will. I’d like to fix that.
I’d also like to bring back my goofy antics of transforming into an Owl and then throwing Molachev kittentails and Boulders at PvE enemies. Good times…good times.

Posted by: Susanoo.2586

Susanoo.2586

Rox’s Quiver and The Aviators! Please god the Aviators. I’m willing to pay ludicrous amounts of gems for them

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

I’d pay to remove the stupid aegis effect.. :/

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Quincy.2198

A blindfold like in GW1! I think EVERYONE will get one

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Metal Maniac, as far as I know you can still use tonics and get Brawl skills with them. There are Forge recipes to turn Mystery Tonics into the specific one you want, check the wiki on your desired tonic for details.

Posted by: Rexlent.1607

Rexlent.1607

A box of fun variant that only contains the petrify toy? Or some sort of endless potion that causes petrify. Playing with poses is fun

Assistant Relena
[LW]

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

Thank you for adding the gathering nodes! It would be great to see more features for the home instances in the future. Maybe a pet pen that is account wide, like the Zaishen menagerie? It wouldn’t be as extensive of course, especially owing to the fact that there are 5 different home instances, but maybe an NPC or a circled off area like in guild wars one, so we could display or look at our pets roaming around.

I really love the nodes though, makes gathering so much easier! The Krait node while, earned via LS, is so convenient for fusing my crystals.

I guess crafting tables would be out of the question, since it would draw people out of the cities, but I’m hoping we can get more novel and/or useful features for home instances in the future!

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

Please add a ragged / homeless outfit on the gemstore. Make it untidy, and add dirt in the face and skin of the character’s skin. The outfits and armor sets in Guild Wars 2 are too clean those do not fit the high-fantasy-esque clothing, in my honest opinion.

Attachments:

RoyalPredator.9163

Apart from this Logging upgrade for home instance (which will never pay really out), some good skin could come by now. +1 on ragged stuff.
I always prefer damaged visuals, they’re mutch more realistic than a shiny no-scratch armor we used to see. At least those could have damage signs on texture.

(and the happyness of millions when armor breakings will have texture visual instead of disappearing, ooooouuuh)

Quincy.2198

Can we get a bonedragon staff skin like in GW1?

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

Posted by: SafiMoyo.5130

SafiMoyo.5130

Bunny ears

and crown/tiara that others have mentioned.

Champion Hunter

Posted by: Metal Maniac.7435

Metal Maniac.7435

Metal Maniac, as far as I know you can still use tonics and get Brawl skills with them. There are Forge recipes to turn Mystery Tonics into the specific one you want, check the wiki on your desired tonic for details.

Ah, Thanks.
This would explain why I’ve never found them, as I don’t buy BLK’s and rarely use the Mystic Toilet

Suppose if I start finding mystery tonics/keys lying around I’ll go ahead and convert them into something better. Seems a bit lame to convert two tonics into one, though. (shrug)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Mini alpaca

(Spitting optional)

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

Okay, my next suggestion for outfit is cloak. I want us to be able to dye it so we could look like mysterious strangers like we see in most of fantasy films and television shows, and maybe dye it red to imitate Little Red Riding Hood.

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

I really just want the costume clothes and town clothes previously released (and those never released yet always used by NPCs everywhere) availble as skins to be purchased.
Still confused and baffled as to why they are not yet there (And even more so as to why do we get tonics and a non-customizable “costume” slot, instead of just releasing the models/skins regardless of clipping issues.), when I haven’t heard of a single player that wouldn’t give “alloftheirmoney.jpg” for, say, the noblewoman dress human noble NPCs use in Divinity’s Reach, or the “showoffey, tight” male bartender shirt.

Posted by: Ice Man.8465

Ice Man.8465

Could ANET add skins for underwater. A scuba and/or diving outfit that shows when underwater. A scuba mask and/or diving helm, scuba tank for a back item. More pets for rangers. Why can’t I tame a crab or barracuda as a pet? Why doesn’t fish or shrimp drop as a usable item for the chef?

Posted by: Ice Man.8465

Ice Man.8465

How about adding more weapons to use underwater. What about being able to use a knife or double knifes. Add a net as an off hand weapon to team with a knife. A single hand spear gun? What about adding crossbows and/or hand crossbows as weapons. If not, how about adding skins for them. A club/mace skin that looks like a bone (maybe a jawbone) or a bone staff. Add a morning star or skin for the mace to look like it, with something to show it swinging back and forth while it is being held.

Astral Projections.7320

How about adding more weapons to use underwater. What about being able to use a knife or double knifes. Add a net as an off hand weapon to team with a knife. A single hand spear gun? What about adding crossbows and/or hand crossbows as weapons. If not, how about adding skins for them. A club/mace skin that looks like a bone (maybe a jawbone) or a bone staff. Add a morning star or skin for the mace to look like it, with something to show it swinging back and forth while it is being held.

Kevin, a mace. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kevin

Attachments:

Posted by: star.5296

star.5296

We should definitely bring back those bunny ears…at least for a week or something.