Posted by: Cerpin.9152

Cerpin.9152

BREAKING NEWS

Attachments:

[Suggestions] Gemstore Items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

I understand putting things IN the Gem Store, I don’t understand taking things OU of the Gem Store.

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: Katrina.1039

Katrina.1039

The powers-that-be are teaching us a lesson with the bunny ears not being brought back yet. If you think you’ll want a gem store item, buy it now, because it may never be brought back.

For me, I would love to get them too! I wasn’t around at the time they were released the first time around. I’m trying to stay positive through Gaile’s response above.

Posted by: VampyreJack.9183

VampyreJack.9183

Bunny Ears! NAO!!!!! PLLLSSSSS

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

The lava wings from the imbued grawl shaman

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Glowing blue eyes.

I need these because I want to run around Dry Top in my Fremen/Dune outfit.

I need them asap for an RP plot involving a magic overload for several guildies. There’s hope, thanks to That_Shaman:

[&C3QWAAA=] Glint’s Gaze Mask Heavy
[&C3MWAAA=] Glint’s Gaze Mask Medium
[&C3IWAAA=] Glint’s Gaze Mask Light

(It’s in the wardrobe now).

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

GW1 Scar and Tatoo armor as either Outfits or Armor Skins

Also:

Yes please.

My wishlist:

Angelic Wings back skin
Demonic Wings back skin
Dyeable Weapons (GW1 could do it – so should GW2!)
Ability to wear individual ‘outfit’ pieces so we can mix-n-match skins to create a truly unique look (I for one want to wear the starter guardian shoulders with the top of the raiment of the lich outfit, with radiant gloves, draconic legs and heritage boots, but I am limited to just wearing the ENTIRE lich outfit, or the entire outfit minus the helmet >_< I want to mix-n-match!!!)
Race Change item
Legendary/Special effects dyes (glow/sparkle/metallic/transparent etc.)
Mini Me (creates an identical miniature of your character)
More GW1 weapon and armor skins
Bring back the Dragon Bone Staff skin
Branded armor skin (the armor those branded human and branded charr wear)
Guild Capes (got to represent!)
Armor skins of the 6 gods (especially the 3-faced helmet that the avatar of lyssa wears)
Abaddon/margonite themed armor (would LOVE a helmet that has those 6 glowing purple eyes that Abaddon has. OMG I would literally die from excitement)
Replace the current tormented shield skin (which is really small and insignificant) with the GW1 version – it looked SOOOOO much better

Well that kinda sums it up. But I would love all awesome weapon skins from GW1 back, in HD form.
I will spent my money on those items if they are done well.

Posted by: Eric.6109

Eric.6109

snowshoes!
more classic medieval-esque armour (think less of the phalanx, more of the ceremonial thing with the necessary changes).

a.net: I will not be buying gems with cash until you fix traits.

Posted by: Bbear.7830

Bbear.7830

Throwing these ideas back out for comment/feedback…

(i) A ‘campsite’ item for gemstore or guild build queue that drops a camp fire and bedroll bundle – allowing ‘in the field’ cooking, a ‘rested’ buff (say +5% exp for 15min) and the facility to repair armor.

Even allowing for the ability to WP back to Cities/Forts/etc – camping out while on adventure is pretty much a staple of fantasy literature and features in a few RPG’s too.

(ii) In terms of game mechanics, not that different a concept to the existing ‘Guild Banquet’ item…so would only need relatively minor graphic changes to implement and link to the ‘mobile crafting station/guild banner’ mechanic.

(iii) In terms of ‘buff management’ adding a timer of say one use per 2hrs gametime would prevent over exploitation and retain the ‘usefulness’ of banners/existing crafting station bundles.

(iv) Adding a ‘mobile repair station’ function (small anvil) would reflect the other fantasy staple of adventurers doing basic gear repairs while camped…without undervaluing the existing ‘repair kit’ item, simply by making that feature of the campsite a single use per game day. Given the lack of WP’s in the new Silverwaste map, the facility to make repairs ‘on the fly’ would be a major QoL addition – while still leaving value in the exist repair canisters for use in Dungeons/Fractals/etc.

(v) Given the overall utility value and convenience, as a gemstore item it would cost in the 1000 to 1800 gem range…as a ‘buildable’ guild item cost could be similar to/based on that of the existing ‘Banquet’ item with the same limit on how many could be built and held in guild storage if the Dev’s decided to go that route.

In terms of use, picture these being dropped at World Boss events during waits…or as mentioned above while defending Forts in the Silverwaste and other ‘high risk’ adventuring areas in PvE.

In terms of ‘cosmetics’…picture the cool screenshots of a party actually camped out in the wilds, for example kneeling by the campfire/anvil or sleeping/sitting on the bedroll.

In terms of the Roleplay community, a focus for party interaction. In terms of the PvE Community, an encouragement to find those ‘cool spots’ on the map in which to set up a visual ‘cue’ camp to go afk for a while…or just discuss/plan your next move.

So…what do you think folks?

Fire, Ice, Storm…Heart of, Cold as, the Breeze that comes before.

Posted by: RAWLJ.1957

RAWLJ.1957

Can we bring back kasmeers staff a really want to buy this skin :-) Maybe being there longer than just two days???? {:

Posted by: Teknomancer.4895

Teknomancer.4895

Pristine Toxic Spore Sample gathering node for the home instance, please. Preferably not nerfed; I mean a cluster of 3 plants, with 1-3 usable samples per harvest, exactly like the nodes in the wild worked during Season 1.

Diplomatic Dictators [DD] guild (Kaineng): http://gw2dd.enjin.com/

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Bring the following back and take my money!

Aviator Sunglasses
Bunny Ears
Festive Hat
Sport Sunglasses
Wintersday Earmuffs
Mad Memories: Complete Edition
Plush Moto Backpack Cover

Please! ^

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

gem store item

skill color change

have u ever wanted to play Mesmer with out being a purple butterfly

what about a guard with green skills

now is your chance !

Posted by: BlueBoy.1236

BlueBoy.1236

My black friday wishlist:

Countess Anise Outfit (pls release this outfit)
All of the unlimited gathering/logging/mining tools (especially the fused gathering and logging tools)
Grenth Hood
Stag Helm
Bunny ears
BL key, and transmutation charge discount

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

My wishlist would contain:

- Countess Anise’s Armor (armor yes, not as an outfit )
- Angel wings (white/black) backpieces
- Gw1 armor sets
- Race/Professioin change

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

a finisher with a skritt
the skritt searches for your wallet and runs away.
#necrophilia

I don’t think necrophilia is the word you want to use there unless that skritt is doing more than taking your wallet bhaha.
Oh and BRING BACK WIDE RIM GLASSESS!!
I’ll be on my wayyyyyy…

Säïnt

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

a finisher with a skritt
the skritt searches for your wallet and runs away.
#necrophilia

I don’t think necrophilia is the word you want to use there unless that skritt is doing more than taking your wallet bhaha.
Oh and BRING BACK WIDE RIM GLASSESS!!
I’ll be on my wayyyyyy…

seems like google translator is even more weird than me xD
just the act of doing something not “more” to a body xD

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

Posted by: Greyrebel.7492

Greyrebel.7492

unlimited gathering tools

all i wanted to say is plz put all gathering tools in gemshop so we buy what we like to buy , also there is none right now , u kinda put them in gem shop at a very bad time at event specialy when there r new outfits and new toys , so when i want to spend my gem on tgathering tools i see new outfit and instead i buy that 1 ,so plz atleast think about it , also i noticed in events u put only 1 kind of gathering tools well , if i want a specefic toll like wisp choping 1 or idk the barrel harvesting or watchwork mining 1 i need to wait a whole year ? isnt it just good to be able to buy all those at any time we want ?

We are one , and one is all

Posted by: Eric.6109

Eric.6109

a tent.
i know player housing is (probably) not something we’re gonna see any time soon, and perhaps not even necessary story-wise, but it bugs me that i can log out in the middle of a map and then log in right into the same place. it shouldn’t have any boosts or anything, but when you click on it, your character disappears (like some sort of tonic) and a tent appears instead, maybe with a small fire next to it. it’s not supposed to occupy any space in the world/map, just make it disappear as the player logs out, and reappear as they log in.

a.net: I will not be buying gems with cash until you fix traits.

Posted by: Cerpin.9152

Cerpin.9152

I understand putting things IN the Gem Store, I don’t understand taking things OUT of the Gem Store.

Back when they were in the store , they probably didnt sell that great , because you could only use them as town clothing and you barely had any options back then .
To most people it wasnt worth buying something they could only wear with their normal clothes , outside of combat and only if they used the awkward toggle …

I cant think of any reason speaking against bringing them back today , so I’ll just hope Anet will remember them the next time there will be a special sale ( christmas ? ) .

Keeping this topic bumped until then might help with this …

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

There need to be more sales of these kinds of items. Anet is much better now than at launch or the 1st year with sales now, but throw something up there every week for sale.

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

GW1 Scar and Tatoo armor as either Outfits or Armor Skins

Also:

Yes please.

My wishlist:

Angelic Wings back skin
Demonic Wings back skin
Dyeable Weapons (GW1 could do it – so should GW2!)
Ability to wear individual ‘outfit’ pieces so we can mix-n-match skins to create a truly unique look (I for one want to wear the starter guardian shoulders with the top of the raiment of the lich outfit, with radiant gloves, draconic legs and heritage boots, but I am limited to just wearing the ENTIRE lich outfit, or the entire outfit minus the helmet >_< I want to mix-n-match!!!)
Race Change item
Legendary/Special effects dyes (glow/sparkle/metallic/transparent etc.)
Mini Me (creates an identical miniature of your character)
More GW1 weapon and armor skins
Bring back the Dragon Bone Staff skin
Branded armor skin (the armor those branded human and branded charr wear)
Guild Capes (got to represent!)
Armor skins of the 6 gods (especially the 3-faced helmet that the avatar of lyssa wears)
Abaddon/margonite themed armor (would LOVE a helmet that has those 6 glowing purple eyes that Abaddon has. OMG I would literally die from excitement)
Replace the current tormented shield skin (which is really small and insignificant) with the GW1 version – it looked SOOOOO much better

Well that kinda sums it up. But I would love all awesome weapon skins from GW1 back, in HD form.
I will spent my money on those items if they are done well.

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes.

Yes.

Posted by: Ishmel.1308

Ishmel.1308

I bought my set of ears when they were on sale a long while ago. For the time being I’m happy to have something uncommon for my Asura mesmer to wear… I’m spoiling him something fierce :P

Posted by: GreenAlien.5623

GreenAlien.5623

I want to be able to safe my Traits configuration, make one safe slot free as qol improvement and put each additional slot for 1000 gems in the store.

Posted by: edwardroyce.5289

edwardroyce.5289

What I want in the gem store:

1. Body art. Basically a selection of tattoos, sleeves, etc. Could be generic “tribal” patterns. But more interesting would be full color tattoos/sleeves of various animals, critters or mobs. Give it a 800 gem cost + unlock required where you have to achieve a specific unlock of that mob in order to buy that tattoo so no posing. Frankly just doing these could bring in wads of cash to anet on a regular continuing basis.

2. Make all pieces of armor transparent or hidden. You can do so with mantles and helms but nothing else. Would make showing off the body art a lot easier.

3. Player housing but done in a more simple way than scattering homes all over the map. Designate specific buildings in each racial home city as an apartment building You buy a rental agreement that allows you to rent a specific size apartment that gives you an account bound key that can be copied that is soulbound on acquisition. The apartments do not exist on the regular map or in the regular city. Instead host all apartments on a separate server that is used for that purpose so it won’t impact regular players. Since this is an annual rental agreement the player must buy a new rental agreement in order to extend the lease for another year. So you’re guaranteed at least that many gems sold per year per apartment. And that will add up.

You can then add furniture and furnishings to the gem store so people can decorate or outfit their homes as they want. Players can also copy the key and mail them to specific characters that they wish to invite into their home. To access the player goes to the apartment building and double clicks on the key which then transports them to the front door of the apartment. Want to make things interesting? Make all apartments pvp-only zones. LOL. Apartments could have one or more bedrooms and other amenities such as a salle d’armes (training arena), pools, kitchens, etc.

If you designate guildhalls in this way then guilds could lease their guildhall “apartment” in precisely the same way.

Posted by: edwardroyce.5289

edwardroyce.5289

Seriously. No player housing on the map please. I played Ultima Online since day 1 when it was an agonizing “step ….. step …. step …. (wtf!?) … step …” and played it through the insane real estate craze. Nobody in their right minds would want to see the map covered in endless blocks of goofy looking houses.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Do you think it would go over well now or better in the spring?

I’m happy to ask the team, but I imagine they’d want to schedule it properly.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Martin.4263

Martin.4263

this and the wide rim glasses as soon as possible

KOPPER.1458

I would say that the Ear would probably be better in the spring around Easter. Or perhaps just because spring makes me think of little bunnies…

As for the glasses and some other items, well that can happen at any time. With the addition of the wardrobe I would think a good deal of people would buy them just to have them.

While unrelated how about a tonic section to that wardrobe. hint hint.

At any rate, I love the communication Gaile, and the updates you are providing.

SaintSnow.6593

@Gaile
please bring them back as soon as possible. I can’t be waiting till the spring. I’ve been waiting for more than a already. And make sure to bring back the ride rim glasses too.
Though if they want to make it seasonal then at least make the glasses available asap.

Säïnt

SaintSnow.6593

1. Body art. Basically a selection of tattoos, sleeves, etc. Could be generic “tribal” patterns. But more interesting would be full color tattoos/sleeves of various animals, critters or mobs. Give it a 800 gem cost + unlock required where you have to achieve a specific unlock of that mob in order to buy that tattoo so no posing. Frankly just doing these could bring in wads of cash to anet on a regular continuing basis.

2. Make all pieces of armor transparent or hidden. You can do so with mantles and helms but nothing else. Would make showing off the body art a lot easier..

Agreed I would love tattoos. Though I must say there needs to be changes with the current underwear. I wouldn’t want my top piece being hidden to show off my ink ans have this ugly yellow bra. There are compensations already with some light armor pieces but honestly the underwear in this game is extremely bland and even undyeable. Needs to be changed

Säïnt

SaintSnow.6593

Back again. Gaile have them bring back all discontinued head accessories now especially since we’re in the sale mode with black Friday coming up eventually. There’s sales coming up now already on the gem store so let’s see these return too.

Säïnt

Gryphon.2875

2. Make all pieces of armor transparent or hidden. You can do so with mantles and helms but nothing else. Would make showing off the body art a lot easier.

Been saying that for SO long… million times agreed.

3. Player housing but done in a more simple way than scattering homes all over the map. Designate specific buildings in each racial home city as an apartment building You buy a rental agreement that allows you to rent a specific size apartment that gives you an account bound key that can be copied that is soulbound on acquisition. The apartments do not exist on the regular map or in the regular city. Instead host all apartments on a separate server that is used for that purpose so it won’t impact regular players. Since this is an annual rental agreement the player must buy a new rental agreement in order to extend the lease for another year. So you’re guaranteed at least that many gems sold per year per apartment. And that will add up.

You can then add furniture and furnishings to the gem store so people can decorate or outfit their homes as they want. Players can also copy the key and mail them to specific characters that they wish to invite into their home. To access the player goes to the apartment building and double clicks on the key which then transports them to the front door of the apartment. Want to make things interesting? Make all apartments pvp-only zones. LOL. Apartments could have one or more bedrooms and other amenities such as a salle d’armes (training arena), pools, kitchens, etc.

If you designate guildhalls in this way then guilds could lease their guildhall “apartment” in precisely the same way.

Sort of like EQ2 or the new ones in SWtOR. Agreed.

(SWtOR also has transparent armor… just sayin’)

Posted by: Steinpilz.5078

Steinpilz.5078

I want new female Asura faces, but better ones than the last.
I want faces that you can give an individual touch, were you really see a difference when you move the sliders.

Posted by: Vespertilionidae.5018

Vespertilionidae.5018

They would have been great to sell during Halloween but alas that door has slammed shut and has chains on it.
I think anytime they are put up for sale at this point they will be well received. Anticipation has mounted for some time now. Spring might seem more theme appropriate. But please, I beg, don’t hold out for year of the rabbit!

Successful opportunism is often indistinguishable from a masterful plan.

Posted by: Lyndis.4653

Lyndis.4653

My opinion ? The sooner the better.

Also I can’t understand removing popular items from the gemstore

KOPPER.1458

Oh.. please don’t make them a three pack bundle. Some people have a skin or two and then it just feels like a waste. If you are going to do this or want to do this please offer then Ala Carte as well.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

It still is spring here in the southern hemisphere. Good enough excuse to release them now

KOPPER.1458

I want new ranger pet skins. Same pet, with same abilities but with a different skin.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Bring back the Bone Staff from GW1 please – it would look so epic for necromancers.

Attachments:

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

Can you also ask them to schedule to re-release the removed sunglasses?

A nice day for this would be national sunglasses day, 27th of June
Or maybe some day during the Black Friday sales if that’s still possible

Posted by: VampyreJack.9183

VampyreJack.9183

release now, sooner than later.

Posted by: Johnathan Ralston.5871

Johnathan Ralston.5871

Serious suggestions?
We want stuff to force ourselves playing the game because of our look – not because every-day content thats not really exists.

Here is a “Serious” one:
Gem Purchase track: The more real money you spend, the more nice rewards you get. Example of total money spent rewards:

1. $10 – 1BL Key
  2. $25 – 3Bl Key
  3. $50 – 5BL key + Mini pack of choice + “Black Lion Partner” title.
  4. $100 – Ascended weapon box OR a free weapon skin unlock of any BL kit.
  5. $150 – Ascended armor box OR a free armor skinpack. + “Black Lion Merchant” title.
  6. $200 – AN Supporter Superpack (lots of choseable goods)
  7. $350 – “Black Lion Trader” title.
  8. $500 – “Black Lion Broker” title
  9. $1000 – AN Supporter Gigapack (Also unlocks stuff you wouldn’t bother to get anyway, like Glorious armor skins) + “Black Lion Millionaire” title

Something like this. With these kind of heavy rewards, people will less likely to buy legendaries from third-party sites I guess.

“This” and the armor to be some detailed set that relates to the BL symbol not to mention the title.

The armor shouldn’t be overdone but should look like a deep colored armor with a gilded gold/bronze lion crest with “Gems” on it in a fashionable way.

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

I want to wear bunny ears for Wintersday

Gryphon.2875

Bring back the Bone Staff from GW1 please – it would look so epic for necromancers.

We have something close…

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deathwish

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Now! Wearing them for new year’s eve would be absolutely fabulous!

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

Posted by: DoomKnightMax.6592

DoomKnightMax.6592

Custom hair AND lip colors!

Posted by: Akuni.8604

Akuni.8604

First off I own the ears and I wouldn’t mind making them obtainable again.

But I’ll also be that guy reminding you (mainly Anet) about the witch hat, santa cap and mad memoirs… Whenever those events come around a vast majority speaks for the inclusion but yet again halloween passen with less than optimal solutions (got better but please explain me why china had the mad memoire event while it was scrapped from our version? That was cheap!)

Just saying, don’t get your hopes up since as it seems Anet values the few (like 5) players opinion on being special snowflakes over the masses. :/

SaintSnow.6593

Um could have sworn I saw people talking about mad memories return and doing it just this past halloween season. It was all over the subreddit. Anyways, ya Gaile, have them bring back the bunny ears and make sure they put in the ride rim glasses. Crucial black Friday sales potential right here.

Säïnt

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

We have something close…

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deathwish

Nope. Doesn’t have as many skulls, has a completely different staff shape, and doesn’t have any glowing eyes. Hence why I suggested it :-P

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor