[Suggestions] Gemstore Items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Yes but equating it like Rox’s quiver, which was introduced as a skin, and saying that since that’s back, why not bunny ears is wrong. It was never a skin to begin with but town head wear.

Players are phrasing it as if the devs are refusing to flip a switch to drop it into the store rather than admitting that they are asking for something that requires some work to get done.

It’s never have been offered as a skin since it’s removal from the shop with town clothes or since the wardrobe came out. So it can’t return because it was never part of it to begin with.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Posted by: fruitycutey.9057

fruitycutey.9057

Yes but equating it like Rox’s quiver, which was introduced as a skin, and saying that since that’s back, why not bunny ears is wrong. It was never a skin to begin with but town head wear.

Players are phrasing it as if the devs are refusing to flip a switch to drop it into the store rather than admitting that they are asking for something that requires some work to get done.

It’s never have been offered as a skin since it’s removal from the shop with town clothes or since the wardrobe came out. So it can’t return because it was never part of it to begin with.

smh They’ve already converted it to a skin, hence people already using it as one. Also, ear muffs, Festial hat, horns, were all introduced seasonally for the first time after they made the changes. So, please.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

smh They’ve already converted it to a skin, hence people already using it as one. Also, ear muffs, Festial hat, horns, were all introduced seasonally for the first time after they made the changes. So, please.

I think ear muffs, festive hat and devil horns were armor skins to begin with, not town clothes

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: fruitycutey.9057

fruitycutey.9057

I think ear muffs, festive hat and devil horns were armor skins to begin with, not town clothes

Nope. Town clothes.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Town_clothing

Here. Shows all the thing’s that use to be town clothes. Pretty much everything that was town clothes were converted to skins, tonics or outfits. Bunny ears was one of them, at no delay. And the only thing that was never brought back.

Oops! Edit. Aviator and Wide Rim glasses. Those have also never been back in the gem store…From my recollection.

(edited by fruitycutey.9057)

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

All the Halloween items from 2012.

Posted by: MyGWAccount.7325

MyGWAccount.7325

Having some items never come back and others only come back randomly without clear notice probably makes people more likely to buy things right away, which is what they want for gem store profits.

They may even reference this thread as a good indication that the strategy is working. :P

How would they profit if the said item doesn’t come back (for past 2yrs)?

As for some of returning items, often a theme is associated with them, such as GW1 anniversary, elite spec previews (hence the gs/quiver), events etc.

i dont want to give them any ammunition, but they would profit from the sales of other items. theres faults in that line of reasoning as youre still leaving money on the table from other items unre-released.

still waiting on those ears. hoping in 20hrs once the minis are gone

Not gonna happen, bro!!
The chat link code for bunny ears got deactivated when they discontinued town clothes. If they would reintroduce it, the new chat code would have been data mined after the last patch to the client.
They are not in the wardrobe either.

Tough luck, little bunny.

Get a jackalope transformation tonic and be done with it.

i dont really see a problem unless they fired their programmer that did the conversions the first time around.

it should just be carried out like the first time they changed town clothes into regular armour then pop that into the gem store. they did it once so doing it again shouldn’t be too much of an issue

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

Nope. Town clothes.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Town_clothing

Here. Shows all the thing’s that use to be town clothes. Pretty much everything that was town clothes were converted to skins, tonics or outfits. Bunny ears was one of them, at no delay. And the only thing that was never brought back.

Oops! Edit. Aviator and Wide Rim glasses. Those have also never been back in the gem store…From my recollection.

So basically there is no reason these items shouldnt come out……

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

heh, even skins from GW1 are not used, there are some really nice ones like the cat ears and tinted glasses they never used yet it’s just a matter of grabbing the models+textures, update them a bit for GW2 and add them just like any other skin.

i know how it’s possible, it’s more if they want to take the time to even do anything.
they love hype but hate money, ones they care about money it’s ether overpriced or in the chest lottery.

MyGWAccount.7325

i think it’d be easier to bring back the bunny ears for a week than to spend time making new character models or checking animations for scaled minipets to make sure they dont preform oddly or anything

Wanze.8410

i think it’d be easier to bring back the bunny ears for a week than to spend time making new character models or checking animations for scaled minipets to make sure they dont preform oddly or anything

I rather have them spend their time on permanent content than temporary gem store skins.

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

I rather have them spend their time on permanent content than temporary gem store skins.

I’m willing to bet the gemstore team is separate from the other content teams, since its a big part of their income.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Someone had a happy (and late) Easter.

http://www.gw2services.com/items/show_news/15-04-2015

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I think the bunny ears & Wizard hat/aviators should be reintroduced as a flash sale or something! I deleted my wizard hat back when skins were only town based & not wardrobe & all skins took up space so ppl would sometimes delete them….

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Someone had a happy (and late) Easter.

http://www.gw2services.com/items/show_news/15-04-2015

They probably thought they were being funny.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Sariel V.7024

The site is automated. The item is real.

What this means is it entered the API on that date. Probably someone finally got around to converting their town clothes.

But the important part: this is proof the item you want already exists in a form fit for the gem shop. It has been converted and is in the game. And it’s not a tonic.

Posted by: DeamonSamurai.6504

DeamonSamurai.6504

Bunny Ears for memorial day weekend since everything else is appearing in the Gemstore.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

If true then this thread goes away until an hour after they are removed from the store when everyone comes back to complain that they missed it.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

yeeeee because creating a whole new line of black lion weapons is wayyyyy less work than releasing the bunny ears, the wide rim frames, and the aviator glasses again.

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

I am sure the team that works on gemstore item(s) is not the same as the one creating actual playable content. Either way, an item requested in such high demand should be brought back, its easy revenue that the company can make.

ZilentNight.5089

Aviator Sunglasses
Bunny Ears
Sport Sunglasses
Wide Rim Glasses
Plush Moto Backpack Cover
Boxing Gloves
World 1 Super Boom Box
World 2 Super Boom Box

Things I would like added to the game:
Mini Mystical Dragon
Season 1 Living Story Pack

Please add a way to acquire the following item, maybe laurel vendor or gems would be fine as well:

Thoughtless Potion

(edited by ZilentNight.5089)

MyGWAccount.7325

yeeeee because creating a whole new line of black lion weapons is wayyyyy less work than releasing the bunny ears, the wide rim frames, and the aviator glasses again.

this is what i think too. that and permanent playable content, not just wearable. so it shouldnt be such a big deal to give back some of these that people have been asking for for awhile compared to the other things we see no requests about coming back.

Posted by: Jonathan Schelling.8106

Jonathan Schelling.8106

I’d like to see grenth’s hood <3 xoxoxox

Posted by: LittleRNST.6058

LittleRNST.6058

Grenth and Phantom’s Hood please! Would really love to get a chance to buy them…

Posted by: Flakkenmarsh.6573

Flakkenmarsh.6573

Musical instruments with “black keys”: half steps so we’re not stuck in C or A minor.

Yes!

But I’d also like an individual interface so switching octaves wouldn’t be necessary. Can’t really play proper harmonies if I only have one octave available at a time.

Posted by: Centurion.7296

Centurion.7296

And when are we getting our Bunny ears?!

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

I’d really hope they bring back Grenth’s Hood relatively soon. Or another hood style that can be used by all armor classes.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Posted by: weisserfalke.2619

weisserfalke.2619

This has probably been posted before, but I’d love to see some White Angel, or Demon Wings, hopefully with some nice animations effects too.

Similar to the Black feathered wings that came out a while ago. I instantly bought them but believed they lacked the animation.
If you guys made White wings (with or without animation) I’d still buy them straight away. Maybe if enough people agree might happen.

Posted by: Noa.7490

Noa.7490

I can’t wrap my mind around this. People are litteraly waving their money in Anet’s face for this particular item and the Gem Store team doesn’t even react. Hello? McFly?

(edited by Noa.7490)

ZilentNight.5089

Is Anet actually reading this thread?
Same items seems to be re-appearing in the gemstore along with some new ones but the items only released once prior to the wardrobe have been completely ignored.

Please cycle the old items at least once more, even if it is just one old item per week.

Posted by: Hwarang.4789

Hwarang.4789

Martial artist themed outfits! ^^

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

I would love such a stone. However, I imagine it would be as rare as the permanent hair kit, so even if they made it I’d never get one ><

it would be a gem store item, ofcouse you can get one…..

Well the hair kit is also a gem store item, in that it rarely drops out of Black Lion Chests for which the easiest source of keys is spending gems. It can’t be guaranteed to drop, and it costs thousands of gold on the TP when the most I’ve ever had at a time was over 400 gold. So nope, I don’t see any “of course” about it

well, it’s called the GEM store item threat, not the black lion chest threat.
so yes, there is quite a big “of course” about it.

Posted by: Pedohirsch.6542

Pedohirsch.6542

Bringing back the Grenth’s Hood would be really awesome c:

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

I’ve been waiting for the “Nuke” permanent finisher for ages… is it ever coming back?

Posted by: darkaheart.4265

darkaheart.4265

Marjory dagger just because I’m using a thief now and this thing is sick!!

i7 3770k @ 4.5 ghz|Z77X-UD5H Motherboard|16GB @ 1600Mhz|GTX 1080|Corsair AX750 PSU|Windows 10 Home

Posted by: Medicynthion.9473

Medicynthion.9473

I would love to see more cool looking outfits and such, maybe from other anime shows and such some cool looking ones to wear around

As well as some more cool looking weapon skins to apply
Also bringing back the old outfits as well as the black wing pack

Posted by: krunkfoo.8457

krunkfoo.8457

Cat ears, and Fox tail. Angel wings is a must as well

Posted by: WhiteDeath.8067

WhiteDeath.8067

Grenth hood pls

Posted by: getzzzonked.7609

getzzzonked.7609

Can we expect to see this item back on the gem store any time soon? I wasn’t playing when it was available but would love to get my hands on it.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
[EXE] Piken Square EU

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Any time soon, no one can say for sure.
If you can expect to see it, I guarantee it will someday.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Wanze.8410

Wasnt it available until 2 days ago?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

That was caithe’s dagger I believe

Posted by: getzzzonked.7609

getzzzonked.7609

That was caithe’s dagger I believe

It was indeed.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
[EXE] Piken Square EU

Posted by: DeamonSamurai.6504

DeamonSamurai.6504

But as has been said a bazillion times before, they bring everything else back to the gemstore. What is it about these aforementioned itmes that is so hard to “pop” back into the store, if only for 24 hours?

Sariel V.7024

Having some items never come back and others only come back randomly without clear notice probably makes people more likely to buy things right away, which is what they want for gem store profits.

They may even reference this thread as a good indication that the strategy is working. :P

How would they profit if the said item doesn’t come back (for past 2yrs)?

As for some of returning items, often a theme is associated with them, such as GW1 anniversary, elite spec previews (hence the gs/quiver), events etc.

i dont want to give them any ammunition, but they would profit from the sales of other items. theres faults in that line of reasoning as youre still leaving money on the table from other items unre-released.

still waiting on those ears. hoping in 20hrs once the minis are gone

Not gonna happen, bro!!
The chat link code for bunny ears got deactivated when they discontinued town clothes. If they would reintroduce it, the new chat code would have been data mined after the last patch to the client.
They are not in the wardrobe either.

Tough luck, little bunny.

You must be annoyed, Wanze, because, seriously, this isn’t like you.

Chat link, try this one (can’t confirm it works here):

[&AgHi/AAA]

As to it not being in the wardrobe:

Attachments:

Wanze.8410

Chat link, try this one (can’t confirm it works here):
[&AgHi/AAA]

Well, i can confirm that it doesnt work.

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

yellow/white/black glowing eyes

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

a finisher that summons a cantaur or maybe ventari and starts sitting on ur body and does stuff
such a disgrace to work as a bench after life

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

Sariel V.7024

Will give it a shot when I get home then.

Posted by: Evga.2471

Evga.2471

Tickets for getting any past weapon skins that are NOT available through the BL weapon specialist. The catch make them VERY RARE to get and also make the weapon skins account bound so you can’t sell them on the TP.

(edited by Evga.2471)

Posted by: miraude.2107

miraude.2107

I don’t know if this has been mentioned (not going through 44 pages) so tossing it up.

I want jokes. To be able to type /joke /silly or some other thing and have my norn go ‘Did you see that Asura walk into the bar? Yeah, he didn’t see it either.’ or something else ridiculous like a Trojan Ball of String to use against the charr.